These ‘thank God’ quotes are perfect whether you are feeling appreciative for religious reasons, or want to have a good laugh at some things people thank God for.
Famous people like Lil’ Wayne express their belief that they are blessed and God influences their lives every day.
Other people’s reasons for thanking God will make you laugh—like George Bernard Shaw’s comment. With all the things people say ‘thank God’ for, it made me question if there is a right way to thank God?
Like many things with God, the answer seems to come down to prayer. You could offer a simple prayer in thanks for the blessings that you feel God has given you.
Beyond that, there are things you can do in your daily life that shows God and others that you are living with a thankful heart.
Keep reading through these thank God quotes for tangible ways you can express your gratitude!
Don’t forget to also check out these God quotes to help you learn about God.
Thank God quotes from famous people
1. “I was brought up to question authority, and thank God for that.” — Pink
2. “I’m blessed and I thank God for every day for everything that happens for me.” — Lil Wayne
3. “Thank God for reality shows, or we wouldn’t have anybody to look down on.” — George Clooney
4. “Mooo!’ was one of those songs where I was like thank God people like it because I like it, too.” — Doja Cat
5. “My parents just had faith in me, and thank God they did. They weren’t stage parents in the slightest.” — Lili Reinhart
6. “I thank God for my failures. Maybe not at the time, but after some reflection. I never feel like a failure just because something I tried has failed.” — Dolly Parton
7. “When the punk thing came along and I heard my friends saying, I hate these people with the pins in their ears. I said, Thank God, something got their attention.” — Neil Young
8. “People face difficulties, no matter who you are. I faced difficulties with a lot of things. I face opposition every day, but I didn’t kill myself and now, thank God, I’m here.” — Nicki Minaj
9. “I thank God that I’m a product of my parents. That they infected me with their intelligence and energy for life, with their thirst for knowledge and their love. I’m grateful that I know where I come from.” — Shakira
10. “I want to thank God, obviously for the health, for the talent He’s given me, for my family who supports me, for the things that basketball’s taught me on and off the court. For the people that I’ve been able to meet through the game of basketball.” — Stephen Curry
Funny thank God quotes
11. “I thank God for making me a man.” — Little Richard
12. “I thank God that I wasn’t born perfect.” — Bob Fosse
13. “I thank God every night for David Stern.” — Anne Donovan
14. “I’m an atheist and I thank God for it.” — George Bernard Shaw
15. “I just thank God for giving me the body that I have.” — Zion Williamson
16. “I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty.” — John Waters
17. “I haven’t had that many weird encounters with fans, thank God.” — Vin Diesel
18. “Thank God I didn’t have my children until I was a little bit older.” — Lauren Holly
19. “God gives us relatives; thank God, we can choose our friends.” — Addison Mizner
20. “I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best.” — Walt Whitman
Short thank God quotes
21. “Thank God for Botox.” — Bonnie Tyler
22. “Thank God for the theater.” — Raul Julia
23. “Thank God I have the right friends.” — Chevy Chase
24. “Thank God for paper ballots.” — Anibal Acevedo Vila
25. “I thank God every day for my family.” — Brett Kavanaugh
26. “I just thank God when I wake up every day.” — Cilla Black
27. “All my life I thank God. My family was very religious.” — Pele
28. “Sometimes I thank God… for cheeseburgers.” — Garth Brooks
29. “I stopped eating meat when I was 35. Thank God.” — Cloris Leachman
30. “Well, thank God for a media that will ask questions.” — Lindsey Graham
Thought-provoking thank God quotes
31. “Thank God I had all these family values or who knows where I’d be now.” — Patricia Velasquez
32. “Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth.” — Henry David Thoreau
33. “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — George S. Patton
34. “Attraction is what happens between you. It’s not universal. And it’s not conventional. And thank God for that.” — Rainbow Rowell
35. “Humans love truth and justice, and rejoice in ceremonies that honor those qualities. For that sentiment we should indeed thank God.” — Alfred Hershey
36. “Although oil is a commodity, it’s still not a commodity like coffee, which, thank God, we will have with us always. At some point the oil will run out.” — James Surowiecki
37. “Thank God that the people that run this world are not smart enough to keep running it forever. You know, everybody gets a handle on it for a little while.” — Arlo Guthrie
38. “Now I can do no more. We must trust to the Great Disposer of all events and the justice of our cause. I thank God for this opportunity of doing my duty.” — Horatio Nelson
39. “We may thank God that we can feel pain and know sadness, for these are the human sentiments that constitute our glory as well as our grief.” — Eugene Kennedy
40. “It’s like real life: We don’t get a preview of what’s coming up, thank God, and we don’t build our own character from what we’re going to be informed with in the future.” — Frances Conroy
Inspirational thank God quotes
41. “I hit rock bottom, but thank God my bottom wasn’t death.” — Stevie Ray Vaughan
42. “I may not be where I want to be, but thank God I am not where I used to be.” — Joyce Meyer
43. “The Holy Spirit, thank God, often enables people to forgive even though they are not sure how they did it.” — Lewis B. Smedes
44. “Before I go to bed, I thank God for blessing me with all the things he blessed me with, and for my family to be safe.” — Lauren Alaina
45. “I just thank God that I didn’t grow up with so much money or privilege because you had to create ways to make it happen.” — Kim Basinger
46. “In closing, let me just thank God, on the floor of the House, for not turning away from us even though we seem to be turning away from Him.” — Zach Wamp
47. “Every morning that I wake up and I’m breathing, I can feel it and take a moment to say, you know, ‘Thank God I’m alive for another day.’” — Ron Cephas Jones
48. “You can’t get around pain and opposition, but you can try to be joyful in the trial, and thank yourself for the trial, and thank God for the strength to get through it.” — Mary J. Blige
49. “We didn’t always have what we wanted or needed, we had to struggle. That is why I also thank God for my mum – she is the one who worked hard to pay for my first football boots.” — Odion Ighalo
50. “You learn from the things that happen in your career. You get up and down. You never give up. All the things that happened in my career, thank God it happened early rather than late in my career.” — Pablo Sandoval
Ways you can express your thanks for God and His blessings
The first way you can show your thanks to God is to remember Him in all you do. This includes your thoughts, words, and actions. If you have God at the forefront of your mind, then you can live life with gratitude for His influence.
Another way you can give thanks to God is to keep a gratitude journal where you name the blessings He has brought into your life. A gratitude journal is an excellent way to cultivate an attitude of gratitude for everyone—even if you are not religious.
Another thing you can do is to serve others. Be a blessing in someone else’s life the way God has blessed you with supportive people. This will also help you create an attitude of gratitude, in general.
People are much happier when they express gratitude for the things in their lives. Whether you attribute those things to God or something else, remember gratitude is important. It makes dealing with the stress and challenges of life much easier.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these thank God quotes and sayings? Let us know what you thank God for in the comment section below.
April 6, 2022 6:00 AM EST