These level up quotes will motivate you to win at this game we call life!
The phrase “level-up” has been picking up steam when it comes to referring to learning new skills, achieving goals, or reaching new statuses in life.
But what exactly does it mean?
If you have played a video game online, like my personal favorite Elder Scrolls Online, then the concept of leveling and grinding is not new to you.
You might also appreciate these level-up quotes from Scott Rogers, author of Level Up!: The Guide to Great Video Game Design.
If you are not an avid gamer, the idea is simple.
Your character starts out as a ‘noob’, usually covered in some kind of tattered cloth outfit.
You have no space in your backpack for anything useful, your stamina, health, and magic are at ridiculously low levels, and it seems really hard to kill a simple NPC (non-player character).
Enter ‘the grind’ and ‘leveling’.
This is where you spend hours of gameplay completing silly quests like go gather 10 bee bings, which requires you to fight a lot of bees.
However, as you do this your stats all increase, you get some actual armor and a bigger bag.
You are now equipped to fight the slightly harder low-level monsters, until one day you are ready for your first dungeon.
And when you win, you get all kinds of new stuff, and your level keeps increasing.
As you “level up” you get more rewards, and usually, it is accompanied by some kind of celebratory indication!
Keep reading these “level up” quotes about improving yourself, learning from your mistakes, and leveling up your character to win at this game we call life!
Don’t forget to also check out these keep your head up quotes that will help you be resilient.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Level up quotes that inspire you and are perfect for Instagram
1. “Money won’t change you. Change will change you.” ― Richie Norton
2. “Never be ashamed! There’s some who will hold it against you, but they are not worth bothering with.” ― J. K. Rowling
3. “To do anything to a high level, it has to be total obsession.” ― Conor McGregor
4. “Money is just a way to keep score. The best people in any field are motivated by passion. That becomes more true the higher the skill level gets.” ― Eric S. Raymond
5. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” ― Steve Jobs
6. Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” ― Robert Kiyosaki
7. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” ― Napoleon Hill
8. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” ― Barack Obama
9. “Every man who rises above the common level has received two educations: the first from his teachers; the second, more personal and important, from himself.” ― Edward Gibbon
10. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.” ― Marianne Williamson
11. “Amen is not the end of a prayer, it just gets us ready to go to the next level.” ― Gary Busey
You will also enjoy our article on gamer quotes.
True gamers will relate to these Level-Up! quotes from Scott Rogers
12. “If you think something is innovative, it just means you haven’t been paying attention. attention. Scott Rogers” ― Scott Rogers, Level Up!: The Guide to Great Video Game Design
13. “Don’t become so attached to your ideas that you lose objectivity.” ― Scott Rogers, Level Up! The Guide to Great Video Game Design
14. “Playing a game is a voluntary effort to overcome unnecessary obstacles.” ― Scott Rogers, Level Up! The Guide to Great Video Game Design
15. “Every NPC needs a role. A job. A reason for living.” ― Scott Rogers, Level Up! The Guide to Great Video Game Design
16. “I think it’s fair to say most video games let players experience only eight emotions: anger, panic, dread, surprise, wonder, satisfaction, joy and disappointment. And some games only disappoint.” ― Scott Rogers, Level Up!: The Guide to Great Video Game Design
17. “Gamers can feel when developers are passionate about their games. They can smell it like a dog smells fear. Don’t be afraid to hold on to your unique vision: just be aware that it may not turn out exactly how you envisioned.” ― Scott Rogers, Level Up!: The Guide to Great Video Game Design
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of loser quotes for winning better.
Short motivational level up quotes
18. “When You Step Your Game Up, Your Life Will LEVEL UP!” ― Jeanette Coron
19. “If you want to reach your potential stop asking for permission.” ― Germany Kent
20. “Always sit on ready so you don’t have to get ready.” ― Germany Kent
21. “If you engage people on a vital, important level, they will respond.” — Edward Bond
22. “No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.” — Albert Einstein
23. “If we want to get to the next level, let’s take a risk and try something different.” — Karol G
24. “Nothing will work unless you do.” — Maya Angelou
25. “Don’t give up. Don’t ever give up.” — Jimmy Valvano
Level up quotes about life
26. “Every goal, every action, every thought, every feeling one experiences, whether it be consciously or unconsciously known, is an attempt to increase one’s level of peace of mind.” — Sydney Madwed
27. “If you’re afraid of intensity (i.e. depth of sensuality/passion), you’re missing out on new levels. Levels are opportunities to grow and to tap into deeper and more soul-nourishing experiences than most people will ever have in their lifetime.” ― Lebo Grand
28. “The next level of your growth will demand a deeper version of you; but depth is a sensual process.” ― Lebo Grand
29. “You bring out the best in people when you trust them with a higher-vision of themselves. You keep them at lower-levels when you treat them like you see them with your physical eyes.”― Richie Norton
30. “It is only when you are firm in your knowingness that you will be ready to level up and attract someone who you can work in union with to grow beyond your constructs and blocks you may have towards love.” ― Victoria L. White
31. “If you would be less concerned with someone else’s shine and focus on your grind, you would see the growth and progress that you desire in your own life.” ― Germany Kent
32. “In your spare time, you should be constantly growing, expanding your interests, and gaining expertise that will allow you an opportunity to flourish, not only in your field but in all aspects of your life.” ― Germany Kent
33. “Level up. Study the Word and have faith, if all you want is better days ahead.” ― Gift Gugu Mona, The Essence of Faith: Daily Inspirational Quotes
34. “Stay focused, believe that you can achieve at the highest level, surround yourself with others who believe in you, and do not stray from your goal.” — Zach Ertz
35. “You have the capacity to leave a lasting impact and indelible impression upon this world…. Claim the sacred spaces of your minds, nurture and cultivate a vision of fulfillment, and move toward that destiny with patience, perseverance, and prayer.” — Mahershala Ali
36. “God lets everything happen for a reason. It’s all a learning process, and you have to go from one level to another.” — Mike Tyson
37. “Remember, science fiction’s always been the kind of first level alert to think about things to come. It’s easier for an audience to take warnings from sci-fi without feeling that we’re preaching to them. Every science fiction movie I have ever seen, anyone that’s worth its weight in celluloid, warns us about things that ultimately come true.” — Steven Spielberg
38. “Trust brings a higher level of communication and a higher level of commitment and accountability.” — Bruce Arians
39. “We’ve all recognized the moment when the world has handed us a situation that is bigger than our youth can handle, and we have to grow up in a second. And when you do get to the other side, all it does is take us to this new level of existence that is more beautiful and more complex and, in some ways, more painful.” — Brie Larson
Level up quotes on winning, losing, and working hard
40. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” — Michael Jordan
41. What other people label or might try to call failure I have learned is just God’s way of pointing you in a new direction.” — Oprah Winfrey
42. “There’s a tremendous bias against taking risks. Everyone is trying to optimize their ass-covering.” — Elon Musk
43. “I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude.” — Bruce Lee
44. “Knowledge is power, and it can help you overcome any fear of the unexpected. When you learn, you gain more awareness through the process, and you know what pitfalls to look for as you get ready to transition to the next level.” — Jay Shetty
45. “My comeback was not about winning or losing; it was about the feeling of being able to compete at top level again.” — Thomas Muster
46. “The moment we believe that success is determined by an ingrained level of ability as opposed to resilience and hard work, we will be brittle in the face of adversity.” — Joshua Waitzkin
47. “Competing at the highest level is not about winning. It’s about preparation, courage, understanding, and nurturing your people, and heart. Winning is the result.” — Joe Torre
48. “To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.” — Michael Jordan
49. “At the end of the day, you can’t control the results; you can only control your effort level and your focus.” — Ben Zobrist
50. “People who make the choice to study, work hard or do whatever they endeavor is to give it the max on themselves to reach to the top level. And you have the people who get envy and jealous, yet are not willing to put that work in, and they want to get the same praise.” — Evander Holyfield
What did you learn from these level up quotes?
As you can see it isn’t just gamers that understand the importance of putting in the work before facing the big things.
Athletes, professionals, and motivational speakers, also understand how important is it to grow with everything we do, which is basically what leveling up means.
Your quest might be to go to your college classes and learn about how to write a paper using APA format.
Sure, this class seems lame, and not at all specific to what you came to college to learn.
You might feel like you are on some seemingly time-killing quest to collect bee wings, but someday when you are about to graduate, you will be glad for the time you spent grinding and putting in the work.
The thing about leveling up for some of us is that it is addicting.
How high a level can you reach?
Is getting to the next rung worth the effort?
Those are all only questions you can answer, but as you keep growing, you will likely find you want to learn more and do more.
Then, maybe you find yourself completing a doctorate degree.
Or maybe you have been crushing it and are at Veteran level statuses in your video game.
However you level up, whether it is learning new skills, furthering your education, or working to get to know yourself better’ it is worth the grind.
Unlike in video games, life doesn’t usually give us a potion or a scroll that doubles our XP (experience) for a few hours.
With life, you just have to live through it and get through it!
Keep going and enjoy the celebratory indications that you are indeed leveling up whenever they present themselves!
You might also enjoy this article on Competition: How to Teach Kids to Handle Victory and Losing.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these level up quotes and sayings?
Let us know in the comment section below.