Organization is a skill, and to some people, it is almost an art form. Enjoy these organization quotes to help you get started on decluttering your space and life.
People like Marie Kondo have made a career out of trying to help the rest of us get our crap together. There are quite a few wonderful organization quotes about organizing your home from Marie and many others.
I try and implement as much organization around my house as possible, but I am just in awe of some of the things people do to declutter and find a home for everything!
Organizing our physical spaces is important to our mental health (you can check out this article about how organizing your bedroom can improve your life).
However, dealing with clutter is not the only way to be organized. Organized people also have a lot of useful practices that help them achieve their goals. These organization quotes can help you step up your game and minimize stress if you are a student.
Setting a schedule and making a plan will help you stay organized and more productive. Some of the most motivational speakers like Peter Drucker and Stephen Covey all weigh in on the importance of organization.
Keep reading for tips on how you live an organized life… or at least, a maybe slightly more organized life!
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of Marie Kondo quotes on organization and life.
Home organization quotes about dealing with clutter
1. “Bottom line is, if you do not use it or need it, it’s clutter, and it needs to go.” ― Charisse Ward
2. “Decluttering can be overwhelming, so start with that one small thing. Clean out your junk drawers. It can lead to so many more beautiful things. Start there, and you’ll find yourself cleaning the whole rest of the house.” ― Bobby Berk
3. “Decluttering is infinitely easier when you think of it as deciding what to keep, rather than deciding what to throw away.” ― Francine Jay
4. “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.” ― William Morris
5. “Imagine yourself living in a space that only contains things that spark joy.” ― Marie Kondo
6. “A dramatic reorganization of the home causes correspondingly dramatic changes in lifestyle and perspective. It is life-transforming.” ― Marie Kondo
7. “A place for everything and everything in its place.” ― Mrs. Beeton
8. “Having a simplified, uncluttered home is a form of self-care.” ― Emma Scheib
9. “If someone doesn’t live with you, neither should their stuff.” ― Monika Kristofferson
10. “Cleaning and organizing is a practice, not a project.” ― Meagan Francis
Funny organization quotes to make you laugh despite the chaos
11. “Organizing is a journey, not a destination.” ― Anonymous
12. “The only difference between a mob and a trained army is organization.” ― Calvin Coolidge
13. “You can tell if a person is organized by checking his desktop.” ― Ali AlJa’bari
14. “Life is too complicated not to be orderly.” ― Martha Stewart
15. “Later is the best friend of clutter.” ― Peter Walsh
16. “Don’t own so much clutter that you will be relieved to see your house catch fire.” ― Wendell Berry
17. “I pulled out box after box, setting them haphazardly around the room. My organization lacked something — like, say, organization …” ― Richelle Mead
18. “Nothing inspires cleanliness more than an unexpected guest.” ― Radhika Mundra
19. “Owning less is better than organizing more.” ― Joshua Becker
20. “If your house is really a mess and a stranger comes to the door, greet him with, ‘Who could have done this? We have no enemies.’” ― Phyllis Diller
21. “Clutter is nothing more than postponed decisions.” ― Barbara Hemphill
Get organized quotes for students
22. “Organizing is what you do before you do something so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” ― A. A. Milne
23. “Once you have a clear picture of your priorities – that is your values, goals and high leverage activities, organize around them.” ― Stephen Covey
24. “A good system shortens the road to the goal.” ― Orison Swett Marden
25. “Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity” ― Albert Einstein
26. “Do first what you don’t want to do most.” ― Clifford Cohen
27. “It’s not just about clearing your desk. It’s about clearing your mind…for more important things.” ― Cynthia Kyriazis
28. “It’s not what you do but what you don’t do – the things you postpone, not the things you accomplish – that make you tired.” ― Donna Otto
29. “The secret to multitasking is that it isn’t actually multitasking. It’s just extreme focus and organization.” ― Joss Whedon
30. “I go through about half a dozen spiral notebooks a year. They are my friends, just like the to-do lists. They keep me organized.” ― David R. Wommack
31. “Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.” ― Henry Ford
Organization quotes on its importance
32. “For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned.” ― Benjamin Franklin
33. “Good order is the foundation of all things.” ― Edmund Burke
34. “Men admire the man who can organize their wishes and thoughts in stone and wood and steel and brass.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
35. “You’ll never get organized if you don’t have a vision for your life.” ― Linda Eubanks
36. “Life is not found in atoms or molecules or genes as such, but in organization; not in symbiosis but in synthesis.” ― Edwin Grant Conklin
37. “You can’t reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterday’s junk.” ― Louise Smith
38. “Clutter is not just physical stuff. It’s old ideas, toxic relationships and bad habits. Clutter is anything that does not support your better self.” ― Eleanor Brown
39. “Clutter is not just the stuff on your floor – it’s anything that stands between you and the life you want to be living.” ― Peter Walsh
40. “Outer order contributes to inner calm.” ― Gretchen Rubin
41. “If you have debt I’m willing to bet that general clutter is a problem for you too.” ― Suze Orman
42. “What I know for sure is that when you declutter — whether it’s your home, your head, or your heart—it is astounding what will flow into that space that will enrich you, your life, and your family.” ― Peter Walsh
Organization quotes about why you should make plans and manage time
43. “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
44. “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” ― Earl Nightingale
45. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan but also believe.” ― Anatole France
46. “First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination.” ― Napolean Hill
47. “Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else.” ― Peter Drucker
48. “Organization isn’t about perfection; it’s about efficiency, reducing stress and clutter, saving time and money and improving your overall quality of life.” ― Christina Scalise
49. “A schedule defends from chaos and whim. It is a net for catching days. It is a scaffolding on which a worker can stand and labor with both hands at sections of time.” ― Ann Dillard
50. “Just reviewing this list, these to-dos and dones, her pace quickens; she feels lighter, she feels smarter, she feels in control, she feels alive.” ― Rumaan Alam
What did you learn from these quotes about being organized?
One of the best ways you can help organize your life is to avoid a “bargain.” I struggle with this because when something is a good deal, I think I need it!
However, most of the time, I really don’t, and chances are, neither do you! This practice will help you with another way to stay organized which is “keeping only what you need.”
If you can avoid the bargain trap, you will end up with fewer things you have to decide whether to keep or throw away later.
Of course, keeping everything you do have in its place will help you declutter your world as well.
If you are trying to stay organized with tasks, investing in a daily planner is a great idea. This will help ensure you are writing things down, avoiding procrastination, and staying on schedule. Having a daily to-do list can help you stay focused and increase your productivity.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these organization quotes and sayings? What are some of the things you do to stay organized? Share your tips with us in the comment section below.
October 17, 2021 7:00 AM EST