YOLO is a slang term that popped up around 2012 and as you will see from these YOLO quotes is an acronym for “You only live once.”
There are many other phrases like YOLO, such as “Carpe diem” and “live in the moment.”
Each phrase is about being present, taking risks, and understanding that life is what you make it.
Tell us your favorite YOLO quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these YOLO quotes?
YOLO is a way for people to express that a person should always live life to the fullest extent possible.
In this social media age, photos will probably accompany many of your YOLO moments.
Chances are you will want to share them on Instagram or another site.
These YOLO quotes for Instagram will help you find the perfect words for some of your best life moments!
How can you live in the moment?
Why is that something you should strive for?
Keep reading through these YOLO quotes to find out!
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of live life to the fullest quotes for everyday power.
YOLO quotes for Instagram
1. “You only live once. Life is a show.” — Johnny Weir
2. “You only live once, so enjoy the ride.” — Oliver Gaspirtz
3. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
4. “You only live once, and the way I live once is enough.” — Frank Sinatra
5. “You only live once, for a very short time. So make every second divine.” — Mitch Lucker
6. “You only live once, and I just don’t want to waste a minute of my life.” — Richard Branson
7. “You only live once, and when you’re dead, you’re done, so let the good times roll.” — BB King
8. “You only live once. You don’t want your tombstone to read: Played it Safe.” — Rosario Dawson
9. “You only live once, so why not make out of your life the strongest and best man possible?” — Charles Weeks
10. “You only live once; life is really short.. don’t let anything minuscule like that keep you down. Keep your head up.” — Mitch Lucker
Funny YOLO quotes
11. “You live but once; you might as well be amusing.” — Coco Chanel
12. “You only live once, so I try to say yes to everything.” — Joshua Bell
13. “You only live once; buy Picassos whenever possible.” — James Frey
14. “You only live once and, usually, not even then.” — Michael O’Donoghue
15. “You only live once is also an equally compelling reason not to do something.” — Aaron Karo
16. “You only live once, so off with them pants. Hell ain’t for sure; it’s only a chance.” — Mojo Nixon
17. “You only live once. If you don’t enjoy it, it’s your fault, nobody else’s.” — Duncan Bannatyne
18. “If the devil could be persuaded to write a bible, he would title it, ‘You Only Live Once.’” — Sydney J. Harris
19. “Even if I’m eating healthy, I let myself indulge with french fries. That’s my favorite thing. You only live once!” — Kate Mara
20. “There are two things I eat that I know I shouldn’t: chocolate and ice cream. You only live once, so I am going to eat chocolate.” — John Tomac
Beautiful YOLO quotes that will encourage you to live life
21. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” — Oscar Wilde
22. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” — George Bernard Shaw
23. “The more you praise and celebrate your life; the more there is in life to celebrate.” — Oprah Winfrey
24. “Live life to the fullest. You have to color outside the lines. Once in a while, if you want to make your life a masterpiece.” — Albert Einstein
25. “Look at the sparrows – they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment.” — Mahatma Gandhi
26. “Life isn’t meant to be lived perfectly… but merely to be LIVED. Boldly, wildly, beautifully, uncertainly, imperfectly, magically LIVED.” ― Mandy Hale
27. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
28. “While it is tempting to play it safe, the more we’re willing to risk, the more alive we are. In the end, what we regret most are the chances we never took.” — Kelsey Grammer
29. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” — Jawaharlal Nehru
30. “Living life to the fullest means continually reaching out for newer, richer, deeper, life-changing experiences. It means using those experiences as a means for personal growth and pushing the boundaries of yourself.” — Zero Dean
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of you only live once quotes to stay in the present.
YOLO quotes about living in the moment
31. “Live life for the moment because everything else is uncertain!” — Louis Tomlinson
32. “The only way to survive eternity is to be able to appreciate each moment.” ― Lauren Kate
33. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” ― Amit Ray
34. “Be happy in the moment; that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” — Mother Teresa
35. “Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows.” — Michael Landon
36. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future—it is something you design for the present.” — Jim Rohn
37. “It is difficult to live in and enjoy the moment when you are thinking about the past or worrying about the future.” ― Roy Bennett
38. “Today’s moment becomes memory of tomorrow. Embrace each moment with happiness, joy, and fulfillment. Strive to enjoy your day to the fullest.” — Anil Sinha
39. “Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.” ― Mandy Hale
40. “We are very good at preparing to live but not very good at living. We know how to sacrifice ten years for a diploma, and we are willing to work very hard to get a job, a car, a house, and so on. But we have difficulty remembering that we are alive in the present moment, the only moment there is for us to be alive.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Deep and philosophical YOLO quotes
41. “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” — Arthur Rubinstein
42. “Are you someone who watches life, or someone who participates?” ― Matt Haig
43. “Don’t be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin.” — Grace Hansen
44. “Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows.” — Michael Landon
45. “How do you want to be remembered? Live life full out—Begin today.” — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
46. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” — Charles Darwin
47. “Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things.” — Frank A. Clark
48. “Life is a one time gift. Use it in best possible manner. So love, laugh, live, be yourself, be happy and have trust in God.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
49. “Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile.” — Mark Twain
50. “Don’t you ever get the feeling that all your life is going by and you’re not taking advantage of it? Do you realize you’ve lived nearly half the time you have to live already?” ― Ernest Hemingway
How to (and why you should) live in the moment?
The term YOLO might have exploded in the music and social media scene around 2012, but the concept has been around forever.
One of the earliest known examples of this specific acronym relates to Grateful Dead drummer Mickey Hart’s ranch in California.
The ranch has been known as ‘YOLO’ since at least 1996!
What’s your biggest takeaway from these YOLO quotes and sayings?
Let us know in the comment section below.
December 1, 2022 5:28 AM EST