Staying motivated throughout every single day is a challenge for most. The self motivation quotes below will keep you pressing forward even in rough times.
How do you motivate yourself?
Everyone has a different method for staying motivated. Some are motivated by goal-setting, while others get their daily boost from an upbeat playlist. At Everyday Power, we believe that reading inspirational quotes is a powerful motivator.
Inspirational quotes are quick, yet impactful sources of information that can help strengthen your focus, keep you motivated, and broaden your perspective. Today, we have compiled motivational quotes about believing in yourself, avoiding inaction, taking opportunities, and more.
Learn how to motivate yourself from the 50 curated quotes below.
Inspirational self motivation quotes
1. “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” – George Herbert
2. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
3. “Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
4. “True happiness involves the full use of one’s power and talents.” – John W. Gardner
5. “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” – George Whitefield
6. “One finds limits by pushing them.” – Herbert A. Simon
7. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
8. “I don’t believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be.” – Ken Venturi
Don’t forget to also check out these motivational quotes for weight loss that will inspire you to achieve!
Self motivation quotes about making progress
9. “Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.” – Peter Marshall
10. “There is progress whether ye are going forward or backward! The thing is to move!” – Edgar Cayce
11. “Whether you want to exercise more often, or you’re hoping to become debt-free, real change happens in stages. Slow and steady progress is great – as long as you’re taking steps in the right direction.” – Amy Morin
12. “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.” – Barack Obama
13. “Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” – Frank Zappa
14. “Slow, steady progress is better than daily excuses.” – Robin Sharma
15. “Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable. Every step toward the goals requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.” – Martin Luther King
16. “Make measurable progress in reasonable time.” – Jim Rohn
17. “Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.” – Alfred A. Montapert
18. “Delay is the enemy of progress.” – Eliot Spitzer
19. “There are only two options: Make progress or make excuses.” – Anonymous
Self motivation quotes about laziness and inaction
20. “In the world of creativity, laziness translates into an inability to be rigorous enough to create fearlessly. It makes us plagiarise or water our creativity down to make it more acceptable to the public.” – Shah Rukh Khan
21. “Laziness is a secret ingredient that goes into failure. But it’s only kept a secret from the person who fails.” – Robert Half
22. “Run away from laziness; work hard. Touch intuition and listen to the heart, not marketing directors. Dream.” – Alber Elbaz
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of marketing quotes about getting your message out there.
23. “There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long-range risks of comfortable inaction.” – John F. Kennedy
24. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
25. “Any action is better than no action at all.” – Norman Vincent Peale
Don’t forget to also check out these hustle quotes to help you get things done.
26. “Action cures fear, inaction creates terror.” – Douglas Horton
27. “The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake.” – Meister Eckhart
28. “There are many roads to prosperity, but one must be taken. Inaction leads nowhere.” – Robert Zoellick
29. “Inaction may be safe, but it builds nothing.” – Dave Freudenthal
Self motivation quotes about chasing your dreams or opportunity
30. “You create your opportunities by asking for them.” – Shakti Gawain
31. “Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat.” – Napoleon Hill
You might also like these inspirational know your worth quotes to help you appreciate your true value.
32. “If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes – then learn how to do it later.” – Richard Branson
33. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
34. “Expect change. Analyze the landscape. Take the opportunities. Stop being the chess piece; become the player. It’s your move.” – Tony Robbins
35. “Be a magnet that draws opportunity. Paint brilliant thoughts and actions. Mirror success.” – Shawn L. Anderson
36. “To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.” – Benjamin Franklin
37. “Change the happenings in your life from obligatory tasks to opportunities for which you are grateful.” – Kathryn Prentice
38. “Four things come not back. The spoken word, the sped arrow, the past life, and the neglected opportunity.” – Arabian Proverb
39. “We are continually faced by great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems.” – Lee Iacocca
40. “Opportunities, many times, are so small that we glimpse them not and yet they are often the seeds of great enterprises. Opportunities are also everywhere and so you must always let your hook be hanging. When you least expect it, a great fish will swim by.” – Og Mandino
41. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
Don’t forget to also check out these encouraging quotes to help keep you going.
Self motivation quotes about believing in yourself
42. “Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it.” – Diane Sawyer
43. “You need to believe in yourself and what you do. Be tenacious and genuine.” – Christian Louboutin
44. “If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.” – Bear Bryant
45. “Believe in yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Have faith in your own abilities, work hard, and there is nothing you cannot accomplish.” – Brad Henry
46. “Believe in yourself when nobody else does.” – Mary J. Blige
47. “Show me a highly successful person in any field that has gotten there having a weak ego. You have to believe in yourself, and you have to believe in what you’re doing.” – Craig Venter
48. “You can have all the tools in the world but if you don’t genuinely believe in yourself, it’s useless.” – Ken Jeong
49. “Some people say that I have an attitude- Maybe I do. But I think that you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does- that makes you a winner right there.” – Venus Williams
50. “You’ve gotta believe in yourself, and you just have to work harder at it than you’ve ever worked at anything before in your life. And if you keep doing that and keep believing in yourself, great things do happen.” – Kate McKinnon
Also check out these hustle quotes to motivate you towards success.
More self-motivation quotes and sayings
51. “Edit your life frequently and ruthlessly. It’s your masterpiece after all.” – Nathan W. Morris
52. “Whatever you think the world is withholding from you, you are withholding from the world.” – Eckhart Tolle
53. “You’re only as good as you believe you are. Start seeing yourself as the person you believe you can become. Step into the future and welcome your new self.” – Germany Kent
54. “Don’t be afraid of struggles, because as you go on, it enhances your confidence.” – Anath Lee Wales
55. “Never ever try to prove yourself to others. In the process, you may lose yourself…Try to be you always.” – Madhuri
56. “You can’t improve anything if you don’t first know what needs to be improved.” – Bohdi Sanders
57. “We are what we are. If you are different, it’s because you are special. Don’t let anyone tell you differently.” – John Inman
58. “Bright light. You’ve always found your way.” – Nora Roberts
59. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
60. “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” – Bo Jackson
Self Motivation Quotes To Inspire Success In Life Or In Business
61. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
62. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
63. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
64. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
65. “I wake up every morning and think to myself, ‘how far can I push this company in the next 24 hours.’” – Leah Busque
66. “Everything you can imagine is real.”― Pablo Picasso
67. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” ― Helen Keller
68. “Do one thing every day that scares you.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
69. “It’s no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”― Lewis Carroll
70. “Whatever you are, be a good one.” ― Abraham Lincoln
You might also like these love yourself quotes that will increase your self-esteem.
What dream are you currently chasing?
The road to success comes with road bumps, potholes, and dead ends. One of the many road bumps you may experience is dealing with people who don’t believe in your vision.
Constructive criticism from peers and mentors is valid and worth listening to. On the other hand, those who are constantly putting you and your goals down aren’t the people you need in your corner.
Being passionate about your dreams will help push you through your pursuit of them. That enthusiasm will help you face those negative Nancys and remind you that your dream is worth pursuing.
Which of these self motivation quotes and sayings is your favorite? Tell us your thoughts below!
April 21, 2022 6:00 AM EST