When you think about staying down, or possibly even sinking further, use these rise above quotes to make sure you soar instead.
There will come a moment in your life when you are as low as you have never been before, and you will have a choice—rise above or stay down.
We can all be like the mythical creature of the Phoenix—rising up to be reborn from the ashes that surround us. Sometimes, life burns down around us and there is nothing we can do about it. Other times, we spread the gasoline and light the match with our choices.
How we get to these low points matters, of course, but it isn’t the most important part of the equation. What is of real significance is what we do when our lives are covered in ash and rebuilding anything seems impossible.
Hopefully, these rise above quotes will help give you the strength to keep going and emerge as a stronger version of yourself.
Don’t forget to also check out these encouraging quotes to help you keep going.
Rise above quotes about the world and life
1. “It is best to rise from life as from a banquet, neither thirsty nor drunken.” — Aristotle
2. “Life’s rewards go to those who let their actions rise above their excuses.” — Lee J. Colan
3. “To succeed it is necessary to accept the world as it is and rise above it.” — Michael Korda
4. “If you will not rise above the things of this world, they will rise above you.” — Hazrat Inayat Khan
5. “Rise in your mind, in your heart, in your soul and you will rise in your world.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
6. “Anyone who rises above the things of this world, to which you kneel, is mightier than you.” — Ibn Hazm
7. “Life is nothing but an occasional burst of laughter rising above the interminable wail of grief.” — Henry Roth
8. “The greatest victory in life is to rise above the material things that we once valued most.” — Muhammad Ali
9. “You ought to know how to rise above the trivialities of life, in which most people are found drowning themselves.” — D.T. Suzuki
10. “You have to trust in something, your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” — Steve Jobs
Thought-provoking rise above quotes
11. “Truth will rise above falsehood as oil above water.” — Miguel de Cervantes
12. “I’m going to always rise above the doubt that may exist about me.” — T.I.
13. “No sun outlasts its sunset but will rise again and bring the dawn.” — Maya Angelou
14. “We can rise above our limitations, only once we recognize them.” — B.K.S. Iyengar
15. “You will never reach higher ground if you are always pushing others down.” — Unknown
16. “Forgiveness does not overlook the deed. It rises above it.” — Pumla Gobodo-Madikizela
17. “It is always legitimate to wish to rise above one`s self, never above others.” — Julia Ward Howe
18. “It’s a fine thing to rise above pride, but you must have pride in order to do so.” — Georges Bernanos
19. “Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but great minds rise above them.” — Washington Irving
20. “It’s when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached.” — Mike Huckabee
Rise above yourself and others quotes
21. “We rise by lifting others.” — Unknown
22. “Reality is something you rise above.” — Liza Minnelli
23. “You yourself are your own obstacle, rise above yourself.” — Hafez
24. “Rainy day people all know there’s no sorrow they can’t rise above.” — Gordon Lightfoot
25. “You don’t have to be offended because of what others say. You can rise above these things and soar.” — Joel Osteen
26. “One who scorns the power of intuition will never rise above the ranks of journeyman calculator.” — Albert Einstein
27. “All adverse and depressing influences can be overcome, not by fighting, by by rising above them.” — Charles Caleb Colton
28. “A warrior is worthless unless he rises above others and stands strong in the midst of a storm.” — Yamamoto Tsunetomo
29. “Imagination gives the man the ability to project himself through time and space and rise above all limitations.” — Charles Fillmore
30. “You must rise above the gloomy clouds covering the mountaintop otherwise, how will you ever see the brightness?” — Ryokan Taigu
Motivational rise above quotes
31. “Rise above principle and do what’s right.” — Joseph Heller
32. “Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.” — Mario Fernandez
33. “Your fears will appear smaller and smaller as you rise above them.” — Carol ‘CC’ Miller
34.“Rise up and be the best you can be because your world is waiting for you.” — Shalom
35. “Compassion brings us to a stop, and for a moment we rise above ourselves.” — Mason Cooley
36. “The future belongs to those who can rise above the confines of the earth.” — Alfred North Whitehead
37. “We will never bring peace at the hands of war. As a species, we have to rise above it.” — Rosie O’Donnell
38. “I am proof that one person can rise above any challenge, and if I can, then so will others if they are given the chance.” — Emmanuel Jal
39. “Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.” — Nelson Mandela
40. “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” — Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
Rise above quotes from famous people
41. “Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.” — Jon Bon Jovi
42. “Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.” — Albert Einstein
43. “You’ve got to learn to live with what you can`t rise above.” — Bruce Springsteen
44. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” — Confucius
45. “There ain’t no troubles that we can`t rise above, with a handful of faith and a heartful of love.” — Tim McGraw
46. “It’s gonna be okay, no matter how hard your rock bottom is, you can rise above it and you can come back.” — Demi Lovato
47. “Do not judge me by my success. Judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” — Nelson Mandela
48. “Rise above your circumstances, change the world one person at a time starting with you, and be the inspiration you’ve been searching for.” — Lindsay Stirling
49. “An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.” — Martin Luther King, Jr
50. “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me…. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” — Walt Disney
You can rise above and be even stronger than before
These situations that require us to rise above can happen in our relationships, our careers, or within ourselves. There is something beautiful that happens when we overcome things that are meant to stop us in our tracks.
When you think about it, the situation before this was the lowest point in your life and you made it through. Every instance where you have risen above has prepared you for the next one. Sadly, we will all experience painful and debilitating challenges at multiple points in our lives.
It is important to be grateful for all the good times. Those memories are an important part of how many people rise above. Gratitude and resiliency are necessary components of releasing your inner Phoenix.
Even the city of Phoenix itself is a symbol of never giving up! Apparently, the city was built from the ruins of a former civilization that had vanished. Hence why the city’s official symbol is the Phoenix. Since the Phoenix was also associated with the Sun, it seems doubly appropriate!
Hopefully, these rise above quotes and sayings will help you get through your current situation and come out stronger. Leave your thoughts in the comment section below!
March 21, 2022 7:00 AM EST