If you are a travel fan, you will enjoy our transportation quotes.
Humans have sought new ways to traverse our planet since our earliest days.
Transportation has always been a fundamental part of humankind.
Check out our transportation quotes below to learn more.
You may also enjoy these related articles:
What is transportation?
Transportation is the act or process of moving someone or something.
It is a means of travel from one place to another.
It is how we commute and how the goods and services we depend on get from point A to point B.
Check out these cool transportation facts below:
- Early humans used water to travel long distances.
- Hollowed-out tree trunks were some of the earliest vessels for water travel.
- Archeologists have discovered ten-thousand-year-old boats from ancient Australia.
How did transportation in the past happen?
In the past, people have traveled via land, sea, and air.
Humans are designed to cover long distances.
Early human hunters would simply outlast their prey.
Four-legged animals can run faster than humans for short distances, but they cannot run long distances the way humans can.
Humans are natural distance runners.
Our earliest ancestors would outlast their prey by relentlessly pursuing them until they tired out and were vulnerable.
Many cultures lived nomadic lives and covered ground that way.
How did water transportation develop?
The development of water transportation technologies transformed human evolution.
Some of the earliest modes of travel relied on the water.
Ancient people used everything from hollowed trees to the most sophisticated ships to cross rivers, seas, and oceans.
Evidence shows that humans have traveled via ocean longer than you may think.
Early humans are found throughout the planet going back thousands of years.
The original inhabitants of Australia are said to have traveled there forty to sixty thousand years ago!
Some archeologists suggest there is evidence suggesting seafaring trips occurred as far back as nine hundred thousand years ago.
Transportation has been essential to our development
The future of transportation is fascinating.
We are entering a new age of transportation potential.
To learn more, check out our transportation quotes below.
Short transportation quotes about revolutionizing how we travel
Transportation is an aspect of our lives that constantly evolves; these quotes remind us why.
1. “When people want transportation, they want it now.” — Logan Green
2. “How we fund transportation in this country is broken.” — Kevin McCarthy
3. “This is the beginning, and the dawn of a new era of transportation.” — Shervin Pishevar
4. “Electric cars are going to be very important for urban transportation.” — Carlos Ghosn
5. “So I feel comfortable that Uber is a very safe mode of transportation.” — Tony West
6. “Transportation is the center of the world! It is the glue of our daily lives.” — Robin Chase
7. “Getting from good homes to good jobs depends on good transportation.” — Marty Walsh
8. “I ride my bike for transportation a great deal. Occasionally, I ride it for fun.” — Ed Begley, Jr.
9. “If we drive down the cost of transportation in space, we can do great things.” — Elon Musk
10. “When we talk about ‘smart transportation,’ it is more than moving cargo from A to B.” — Soren Skou
The top transportation quotes about the future of commuting
These quotes address how cutting-edge technology continues to redefine how we commute.
11. “Chicago kept industry, attracted new business, became the center for convention trade and transportation.” — Jane Byrne
12. “The reality about transportation is that it’s future-oriented. If we’re planning for what we have, we’re behind the curve.” — Anthony Foxx
13. “For the first time in over 100 years, a new mode of transportation has been introduced. Hyperloop is real, and it’s here now.” — Shervin Pishevar
14. “I was incredibly optimistic about how public transportation can be the solution to help people live in the city and not need a car.” — Logan Green
15. “The winners in life treat their body as if it were a magnificent spacecraft that gives them the finest transportation and endurance for their lives.” — Denis Waitley
16. “When you want to move somebody, you have to say to yourself: ‘I’m in the emotional transportation business. I gotta move them emotionally.’” — Peter Guber
17. “Historically, we have lived in a nation of energy dependence. Dependence on others for our heating and electricity, and for our fuel for transportation.” — Mike Pompeo
18. “Digitization within transport and logistics means seamless service to our customers, visibility in the supply chain, and driving a more efficient business.” — Soren Skou
19. “We’re making this analogy that AI is the new electricity. Electricity transformed industries: agriculture, transportation, communication, manufacturing.” — Andrew Ng
20. “Transportation and education are two big ones for me. And transportation is selfishly a big issue for me because I drive these roads every day. My family does.” — George Brauchler
The best transportation industry quotes about creating the change we wish to see
Transportation advocates demand a transportation revolution, but are they being heard?
21. “I said that if an alien came to visit, I’d be embarrassed to tell them that we fight wars to pull fossil fuels out of the ground to run our transportation. They’d be like, ‘What’” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
22. “In the industrial revolution, Britain led the world in advances that enabled mass production: trade exchanges, transportation, factory technology and new skills needed for the new industrialized world.” — Lucy Powell
23. “Technological breakthroughs in energy storage will make renewable power cheap enough to use in more places and accelerate the move to electric cars and other electric transportation systems.” — Brian Deese
24. “I am accordingly ready; I have pressed as many Cabinet papers into trunks as to fill one carriage; our private property must be sacrificed, as it is impossible to procure wagons for its transportation.” — Dolley Madison
25. “My worst ever car was a green Datsun B210, back when they called it ‘Datsun’ – now it’s ‘Nissan.’ Very unsexy, unattractive. Girls hated the car. I was embarrassed to even be in it, but it was my transportation.” — Ice Cube
More transportation industry quotes about creating the change
These quotes speak to the change people are looking for in transportation.
26. “It is difficult to think of a major industry that AI will not transform. This includes healthcare, education, transportation, retail, communications, and agriculture. There are surprisingly clear paths for AI to make a big difference in all of these industries.” — Andrew Ng
27. “Our decisions about transportation determine much more than where roads or bridges or tunnels or rail lines will be built. They determine the connections and barriers that people will encounter in their daily lives – and thus how hard or easy it will be for people to get where they need and want to go.” — Elijah Cummings
28. “We are committed to delivering a safe, equitable, and reliable transportation system. London Breed Evolution can go to hell as far as I am concerned. What a mistake we are. We have mortally wounded this sweet life-supporting planet – the only one in the whole Milky Way – with a century of transportation whoopee.” — Kurt Vonnegut
29. “You spend your whole lifetime in your occupation, actually making life clever, easy, and convenient for white people. But when you have to get transportation home, you are denied an equal accommodation. Our existence was for the white man’s comfort and well-being; we had to accept being deprived of just being human.” — Rosa Parks
30. “Among all the marvels of modern invention, that with which I am most concerned is, of course, air transportation. Flying is perhaps the most dramatic of recent scientific attainment. In the brief span of thirty-odd years, the world has seen an inventor’s dream first materialized by the Wright brothers at Kitty Hawk become an everyday actuality.” — Amelia Earhart
Famous transportation services quotes about the politics of travel
This selection of quotes covers the political and economic sides of transportation.
31. “I would support a devolution of power out of Washington for education, health care, transportation.” — Jim DeMint
32. “Natural gas is the best transportation fuel. It’s better than gasoline or diesel. It’s cleaner, it’s cheaper, and it’s domestic. Natural gas is 97 percent domestic fuel, North America.” — T. Boone Pickens
33. “For every $1 billion we invest in public transportation, we create 30,000 jobs, save thousands of dollars a year for each commuter, and dramatically cut greenhouse gas emissions.” — Bernie Sanders
34. “Americans get it. They’re ready for some opportunities to have greener communities, to have cleaner communities, and to have transportation options that perhaps they haven’t had in the past.” — Greg Abbott
35. “For the sake of our businesses and the sake of our jobs, we must not only maintain our roads and bridges but also develop a modernized transportation system that supports continued growth and attracts new businesses and growth.” — Ned Lamont
Additional Quotes on Transportation and Politics
Here are a few more quotes about the politics behind the push for change in transportation.
36. “Advances in technology will continue to reach far into every sector of our economy. Future job and economic growth in industry, defense, transportation, agriculture, health care, and life sciences is directly related to scientific advancement.” — Christopher Bond
37. “Considering community support and cost-benefit analysis, I have supported earmarks for projects of high public purpose involving such areas as higher education, alternative energy, transportation, medical research, and military infrastructure.” — Jeff Fortenberry
38. “I would be lying if I didn’t admit sadness that our wonderful airline is merging with another. Because I’m not American, the U.S. Department of Transportation stipulated I take some of my shares in Virgin America as non-voting shares, reducing my influence over any takeover. So there was sadly nothing I could do to stop it.” — Richard Branson
39. “One day, walking through the Bronx streets, I just realized that people were stopping me, taking pictures, and noticing me from across the street. I can’t even use public transportation anymore, so I kind of stopped going places and started going straight to the studio, going home, and telling people I can’t go anywhere anymore.” — A Boogie wit da Hoodie
40. “By reversing President Trump’s immigration policies, the Biden Administration has created a humanitarian crisis at our southern border while at the same time releasing thousands of illegal immigrants, smugglers, and convicted felons into communities throughout our nation, often with federally funded transportation to their final destination.” — Nicole Malliotakis
Transportation revolution quotes and sayings about changing our future
The world of transportation is experiencing a revolution; who knows what the future holds?
41. “I see incredible opportunities for transportation to benefit from rapidly advancing automation, connectivity, and information technologies.” — Dan Lipinski
42. “Beginning in 1973 and then acts in ’77, ’78, 1980, 1994 and then into the 21st century in the international arena, governments have steadily gotten out of the transportation business.” — Frederick W. Smith
43. “Transportation is going to transition from ownership to transportation as a service. What is the best model to address the largest part of that market? We believe it’s peer-to-peer.” — John Zimmer
44. “We have some real political differences among us, but we all share the same goals: clean air and water, injury-free workplaces, safe transportation systems, to name a few of the good things that can come from regulation.” — Fred Thompson
45. “What does music mean to me? I don’t think I would really be much without it, without it coming through me. It’s my means of communication, my means of growth, my means of transportation from one point in my life to another.” — Erykah Badu
Additional Quotes About Transportation
If you can’t get enough, here are a few more thoughts and perspectives on transportation.
46. “My grandfather and dad worked at General American Transportation Corp. in Chicago, a company that made tank cars and freight cars. We had a pragmatic, Republican, manufacturing, Illinois consciousness as far as employment went.” — Bill Moseley
47. “I’m involved with Kid One Transport and Studio by the Tracks in Alabama. Kid One literally transports kids to better health by giving them transportation they may need to get medical care. Studio by the Tracks is an art outlet for mentally challenged children.” — Taylor Hicks
48. “Imagine a world where everything that can be connected will be connected – where driverless cars talk to smart transportation networks and where wireless sensors can monitor your health and transmit data to your doctor. That’s a snapshot of what the 5G world will look like.” — Ajit Pai
49. “I have struggled for decades now with the fear of and resistance to change – mostly in the realms of technology, transportation, and the ways people choose to communicate. If I had a theme song, it would be that lovely song ‘I’m Old-Fashioned,’ as sung by Ella Fitzgerald.” — Julia Glass
50. “I hope climate science becomes the big thing. And then what I want is electrical engineers to solve the world’s energy problems, energy distribution problems. I want mechanical engineers to make better transportation systems. I want chemical engineers to develop better solar panels, and so on.” — Bill Nye
What does the future of transportation look like?
Some people love the idea of how artificial intelligence will reshape our world.
Other people are resistant to embracing AI.
Regardless of how you feel, our world is changing.
Can we blame people for resisting artificial intelligence?
Many of today’s adults were children when movies like Robocop, The Terminator, or The Matrix emerged.
In many popular science fiction or action movies, mechanical intelligence weaponizes itself to destroy humans.
It makes sense that some people may fear embracing artificial intelligence.
However, AI is here to stay and continues to revolutionize how we live, especially in fields like transportation.
Automated systems are becoming the norm as they continue to improve their abilities.
One day we will have a completely automated world where AI provides all of the commuting and service transportation.
Do you have a favorite transportation quote?
Please be sure to let us know in the comments below.