September is a transitional month many look forward to throughout the year. In the September quotes below, you will learn what the month of September means to others.
What’s your favorite part about September?
Fall is my favorite season of the year. As a result, I’m always happy to see that September is on its way. Once the calendar hits September 1st, I’m ready to slip into a cozy sweater, light a fall-themed candle, and drink an abundance of hot cocoa. September means many things to many different people and that is what we are showcasing in this curated selection of quotes.
Below, you will find quotes about the events of September including the arrival of fall, the anniversary of 9/11, and more.
Beautiful September quotes
1. “Happily we bask in this warm September sun, which illuminates all creatures…” — Henry David Thoreau
2. “I used to love September, but now it just rhymes with remember.” ― Dominic Riccitello
3. “September was a thirty-days long goodbye to summer, to the season that left everybody both happy and weary of the warm, humid weather and the exhausting but thrilling adventures.” – Lea Malot
4. “Let’s strive to be better in September!” ― Charmaine J. Forde
5. “Ah, September! You are the doorway to the season that awakens my soul… but I must confess that I love you only because you are a prelude to my beloved October.” ― Peggy Toney Horton
6. “In many ways, September feels like the busiest time of the year: The kids go back to school, work piles up after the summer’s dog days, and Thanksgiving is suddenly upon us.” – Brene Brown
7. “Making your Christmas cake in September is perfect, as too fresh a cake crumbles when cut.” – Mary Berry
September quotes about summer and fall
8. “We know that in September, we will wander through the warm winds of summer’s wreckage. We will welcome summer’s ghost.” – Henry Rollins
9. “Autumn is the antidote to stifling summer.” – Terri Guillemets
10. “But when fall comes, kicking summer out on its treacherous ass as it always does one day sometime after the midpoint of September, it stays awhile like an old friend that you have missed.” – Stephen King
11. “I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
12. “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
13. “Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.” – Unknown
14. “September tries its best to have us forget summer.” – Bernard Williams
15. “Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” – Lauren DeStefano
16. “Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they’re falling like they’re falling in love with the ground.” – Andrea Gibson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Autumn quotes that show the beauty of the season.
17. “Autumn is springtime in reverse.” – Terri Guillemets
18. “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” – Jim Bishop
19. “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of spring quotes celebrating life, love and change.
20. “By all these lovely tokens, September days are here. With summer’s best of weather and autumn’s best of cheer.” – Helen Hunt Jackson
21. “It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.” – Sarah Addison Allen
22. “Of all the seasons, autumn offers the most to man and requires the least of him.” – Hal Borland
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of summer quotes to celebrate the season of outdoor exploration and fun.
September quotes from celebrities
23. “My first day in Chicago, September 4, 1983. I set foot in this city, and just walking down the street, it was like roots, like the motherland. I knew I belonged here.” – Oprah Winfrey
24. “Every week, as an 11-year-old kid, I would tune in to what was really the first American Idol-type program, a radio show called ‘Major Bowes’ Amateur Hour.’ The winning group on the evening of September 8, 1935, was called the Hoboken Four, and their spokesman was Frank Sinatra, then aged 19.” – Tony Bennett
25. “For my very first September issue, I put Naomi Campbell on the cover. She was wearing this orange Anne Klein sequin suit – it would probably look incredibly ’80s today.” – Anna Wintour
26. “I think the defining moment in my career is the day that I moved to Nashville – September 1, 2001. That’s the biggest step to getting here is making that move. Anything that happens, the wonderful opportunities that happen to you, can’t happen until you make that move.” – Luke Bryan
27. “I joined MySpace in September 2003. At that time no one was on there at all. I felt like a loser while all the cool kids were at some other school. So I mass e-mailed between 30,000 and 50,000 people and told them to come over. Everybody joined overnight.” – Tila Tequila
28. “I was playing a gig in Greece in September 2003 and this guy walks up to me and says, ‘Hey Tiesto I just heard you play; you’re amazing. I want you to play at the opening ceremony of the Olympics.’ I looked at him, like, ‘Sure pal!’” – Tiesto
September quotes about 9/11
29. “September 11 impressed upon us that life is a precious gift. Every life has a purpose. And I think we all have a duty to devote at least a small portion of our daily lives to ensuring that neither America nor the world ever forgets September 11.” – Bill Frist
30. “The devastating punch we took on September 11th still reverberates throughout American society.” – Joe Biden
31. “Many of us saw religion as harmless nonsense. Beliefs might lack all supporting evidence but, we thought, if people needed a crutch for consolation, where’s the harm? September 11th changed all that.” – Richard Dawkins
32. “September 11 shocked many Americans into an awareness that they had better pay much closer attention to what the U.S. government does in the world and how it is perceived. Many issues have been opened for discussion that were not on the agenda before. That’s all to the good.” – Noam Chomsky
33. “There are terrible, terrible memories of September 11th, things that I saw, people that I lost, the devastation, the identification of bodies. I mean, all these memories come back to you at different times. And then the other side of it this tremendous response with the firefighters and the police officers saving people, the rescue workers.” – Rudy Giuliani
34. “Our task, in the aftermath of September 11, was and continues to be the transformation of the effects of evil into something beautiful and good.” – Marianne Williamson
35. “September 11, 2001, revealed heroism in ordinary people who might have gone through their lives never called upon to demonstrate the extent of their courage.” – Geraldine Brooks
36. “September 11th was a moment when America had the sympathy of the world.” – Tom Ford
37. “September 11 is one of our worst days but it brought out the best in us. It unified us as a country and showed our charitable instincts and reminded us of what we stood for and stand for.” – Lamar Alexander
September quotes about going back to school
38. “You’re off to great to great places. Today is your first day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss
39. “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” — Oscar Wilde
40. “The most important day of a person’s education is the first day of school, not Graduation Day.” – Harry Wong
41. “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
42. “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” — John Dewey
43. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” — Nelson Mandela
44. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
45. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” — Unknown
46. “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
47. “All I have learned, I learned from books.” ― Abraham Lincoln
48. “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” – Oprah Winfrey
49. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
50. “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.” — Taylor Swift
51. “Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.” – J.K. Rowling
How do you handle starting anew?
Whether you are starting a new job or going to a new school, the initial transition can be difficult. It may take a while to finally find your footing and understand where you belong. But, don’t let the fear of the transition get in the way of starting.
A new beginning signals a new chapter of your life filled with new people, places, and things to experience. The only way to know what waits for you on the other side of that door is if you open it. Trust me, past you is going to be thankful you were courageous enough to begin.
Which of these September quotes and sayings is your favorite? What resonated the most with you? Let us know below!
September 24, 2020 7:00 AM EST