Vigilant quotes give you a motivational boost to stay attentive.
By sharing these vigilant quotes, you can inspire vigilance in the surrounding people.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
- Finish Strong Quotes to Help You Go the Distance
- Determination Quotes To Inspire Persistence and Grit
- Keep Pushing Quotes For When The Fight Is Harder Than Ever
Here we have included only the most relevant and authentic vigilant quotes.
So, finding a vigilant quote that inspires you the most won’t be difficult.
Besides our quotes section, we shared some thoughts regarding a vigilant person.
This includes thoughts on what a vigilant person is and why it is necessary to be a vigilant person.
So, without further ado, let’s dive in!
What is a Vigilant Person?
A vigilant person can be a blessing to society.
This is because a vigilant person plays a critical role in protecting the lives and properties of the people living in the community.
Such a person can also help law enforcement authorities to prevent illegal activities in an area.
A vigilant person must not be part of a law enforcement agency like the police.
Such a person requires a willingness to come forward and help.
There isn’t specific training required to become a vigilant person.
However, one should learn some disengaging or distraction techniques.
Why is it necessary to be vigilant?
To stay aware of the dangers around you or prevent yourself from a potential threat, it is necessary to be vigilant.
Looking closely at the surroundings it gives you an idea of where the danger lies.
Staying vigilant is the first rule of self-defense, making it the most important tactic to learn.
By learning this skill, it is possible to avoid confrontation.
It allows gaining the confidence to step outside your home.
How to become a vigilant person
Vigilance is not only about knowing what is happening around you. It also involves learning the skills of what to do in an emergency.
This helps you protect yourself in a dangerous situation.
Here are some ways to become a vigilant person:
- Learn about your community’s emergency plans
- Seek training in how to help others in case of a threat or emergency
- When passing through a stranded area, avoid going into dark places
- Join a group of community members who volunteer to stay vigilant for the area
Top 10 Vigilant Quotes
Here is our selection of the top 10 vigilant quotes.
1. “A Warrior is always vigilant.” — Paulo Coelho
2. “I am as vigilant as a cat to steal cream.” — William Shakespeare
3. “It is always good to be careful or vigilant.” — Didier Deschamps
4. “We need to always be vigilant on the sanitary issues.” — Mike Johanns
5. “Given Ivan’s size and power, we must remain vigilant.” — Mike Rogers
6. “The candle of liberty has always been kept lit by a vigilant few.” — Russell Pearce
7. “You will never be commonplace if you are vigilant in love.” — Elizabeth of the Trinity
8. “I’m constantly having to be vigilant with a depressive tendency, an addictive tendency.” — Patrick Marber
9. “I like going to the doctor, being vigilant, being told that I’m healthy so I can push myself.” — Joey Chestnut
10. “We need to learn that in the Champions League, the referees are vigilant and quick to whistle.” — Louis van Gaal
Be Vigilant Quotes
Wise people suggest being vigilant or watchful in every aspect of life.
Check out these quotes that support that!
11. “We continue to be vigilant.” — Marek Belka
12. “You have to be vigilant about keeping your own fire alive.” — Tift Merritt
13. “Be vigilant, for nothing one achieves lasts forever.” — Tahar Ben Jelloun
14. “Be vigilant; guard your mind against negative thoughts.” — Gautama Buddha
15. “Not everyone who laughs with you is happy for you; you need to be vigilant.” — Gift Gugu Mona
16. “We must be vigilant in protecting Nevada’s outdoor heritage and make this a top priority.” — Jacky Rosen
17. “We must be vigilant in our actions towards criminals and innovative in our approach towards solving crime.” — Thomas Menino
18. “You have to always be vigilant and make sure you’re ready to get on the bandwagon as a need for any new change arises.” — Pooja Agnihotri
19. “Liberty is more precious than money or office; and we should be vigilant lest we purchase wealth or place at the price of inner freedom.” — John Lancaster Spalding
20. “What is Enlightenment? Enlightenment is to be vigilant when everyone is sleeping; it is to see when everyone is blind; to hear when everyone is deaf!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
Vigilant Quotes about the Value of Vigilance
These are some of the best quotes on the significance and usefulness of maintaining vigilance.
21. “Justice does not help those who slumber but helps only those who are vigilant.” — Mahatma Gandhi
22. “The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.” — Patrick Henry
23. “It is not the slumber of reason that engenders monsters, but vigilant and insomniac rationality.” — Gilles Deleuze
24. “I think it’s always important to be vigilant of what you’re doing and aware of your surroundings.” — Leona Lewis
25. “We should be eternally vigilant against attempts to check the expression of opinions that we loathe.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
26. “We make every effort to see that our actions live up to our words and be vigilant with regards to our behavior.” — Thomas Sankara
27. “Be sober, be vigilant because your adversary the Devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” — Jennifer Crusie
28. “Every citizen owes to the country a vigilant watch and close scrutiny of its public servants and a fair and reasonable estimate of their fidelity.” — Grover Cleveland
29. “Today, our very survival depends on our ability to stay awake, to adjust to new ideas, to remain vigilant, and to face the challenge of change.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
30. “Do not let your “eye” be drawn by the false “beacon lamps” -of wealth, or position, or fame, or possessions. Be vigilant over your will and desires, for these are the corrupt forces that dwell within and keep you from living free.” — John of the Cross
Vigilant Quotes about the Need for Vigilance
To succeed in reaching objectives, you must exercise extreme vigilance. Here are some excellent quotes that demonstrate this point.
31. “We must stand vigilant to protect our voting access.” — Letitia James
32. “Though we are optimistic, we must remain vigilant and maintain a sense of urgency.” — Jeff Bezos
33. “We have to remain vigilant, and we have to continue to take the fight to the terrorist.” — Tom Cotton
34. “You must be ever vigilant to discover the unifying Truth behind all the scintillating variety.” — Sathya Sai Baba
35. “Never neglect details. When everyone’s mind is dulled or distracted the leader must be doubly vigilant.” — Colin Powell
36. “Abuse of power isn’t limited to bad guys in other nations. It happens in our own country if we’re not vigilant.” — Clint Eastwood
37. “Great powers must be forever vigilant and never subordinate survival to any other goal, including prosperity.” — John Mearsheimer
38. “You must always be very cautious and be as vigilant as you can. You work diligently to provide a secure environment.” — Daryl Hall
39. “Satan will try to use our memory of any previous guilt to lure us back…We must be ever vigilant to avoid his enticements.” — Richard G. Scott
40. “Be vigilant! Be vigilant! If evil is minor, resist it nonetheless. If a good deed is trifling, perform it all the same. Only wisdom and virtue can truly win men’s devotion.” — Liu Bei
Mindful Vigilant Quotes
Here we offer a collection of the most insightful vigilant quotes that will pique your interest.
41. “Love, though said to be afflicted with blindness, is a vigilant watchman.” — Charles Dickens
42. “Freedom and liberty lose out by default because good people are not vigilant.” — Desmond Tutu
43. “Unless we citizens speak out unless we are vigilant, democracy cannot fully function.” — Aparna Sen
44. “No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation.” — Douglas MacArthur
45. “Well, best to remain vigilant. It’s when everything is calm that you need to be most alert.” — Brandon Sanderson
46. “In these troubled times we live in, we should remain vigilant and see through populist arguments.” — King Albert II
47. “Power is gradually stealing away from the many to the few because the few are more vigilant and consistent.” — Samuel Johnson
48. “I saw that I was in danger of becoming ordinary, and I understood that from now on I would have to be vigilant.” — Steven Millhauser
49. “To build community requires vigilant awareness of the work we must continually do to undermine all the socialization that leads us to behave in ways that perpetuate domination.” — Bell Hooks
50. “Habits are formed, not at one stroke, but gradually and insensibly; so that, unless vigilant care be employed, a great change may come over the character without our being conscious of any.” — Richard Whately
Which One of these Vigilant Quotes is your Favorite?
We hope you have enjoyed reading our vigilant quotes.
We handpicked these quotes to offer you the best possible experience.
Most of our vigilant quotes are short and impressive, making them an excellent choice for sharing via social media platforms.
We categorized each set of vigilant quotes under their respective section, so finding your favorite ones won’t take long.
If you have found one, please share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.