Our only grievance is that our time on Earth together will never be long enough, and these grandma quotes will remind you to cherish every moment with this special lady in your life.
Grandmothers are so special to all of us.
No woman can compare to a loving and caring grandma.
Tell us your favorite grandma story in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these Grandma quotes?
Grandmas are the best for many reasons.
They tell it as it is and:
- cook the best food
- teach us how to be strong
- show us how to love everyone and everything
Besides, if you ever wanted to hear a nice story about your parents, just turn to your grandma.
Your grandma unconditionally loves you and will always help you regardless of time or place.
Her love for you will always be stronger, no matter how well you get along.
For many of us, if we could turn back the hands of time, it would be to spend one more day with our grandmas.
So if yours is still alive today, always remember to take a moment to appreciate her.
To help you celebrate that special lady, below is our collection of inspirational, sweet, and loving grandma quotes, grandma sayings, and grandma proverbs collected from various sources over the years.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Great Grandma Quotes To Remind You Of That Special Lady
1. “You are the sun, Grandma, you are the sun in my life.” – Kitty Tsui
2. “Don’t eat anything your grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.” – Michael Pollan
3. “My great-grandma always told me to drink a lot of milk because it’s good for the skin.” – Barbara Palvin
4. “Grandmothers always have time to talk and make you feel special.” – Catherine Pulsifer
5. “My great grandma, she’s in her 80s, so she tells me a lot about the things she’s seen. I learn a lot from her.” – Akeem Ayers
6. “Every parent knows that children look at their grandparents as sources of wisdom and security.” – David Jeremiah
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grandparent quotes about the power of family.
7. “Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple… Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.” – Janet Lanese
8. “I know what it is like to be brought up with unconditional love. In my life that came from my grandmother.” – Andre Leon Talley
9. “If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.” – Italian Proverb
10. “There are grandmothers out there who would move heaven and earth for their grandchildren.” – Janice Elliott-Howard
Grandmother quotes to celebrate an amazing woman
11. “When it seems the world can’t understand, your grandmother’s there to hold your hand.” – Allen Logan
12. “She seems to have had the ability to stand firmly on The Rock of her past while living completely and unregretfully in the present.” – Madeline L’Engle
13. “What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies.” – Rudy Giuliani
14. “A Grandmother thinks of her grandchildren day and night, even when they are not with her. She will always love them more than anyone would understand.” – Karen Gibbs
15. “It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace.” – Christopher Morley
16. “Grandmothers are voices of the past and role models of the present. Grandmothers open the doors to the future.” – Helen Ketchum
17. “Grandma and Grandpa, tell me a story and snuggle me with your love. When I’m in your arms, the world seems small and we’re blessed by the heavens above.” – Laura Spiess
18. “As I learned from growing up, you don’t mess with your grandmother.” – Prince William
19. “Being a mother and grandmother is the best of the best in my life. My grandchildren multiply the joy my daughters bring me.” – Alexandra Stoddard
20. “If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it!” – Hannah Whitall Smith
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these special granddaughter quotes that will warm your heart.
Grandma quotes that shoot straight to the heart
21. “Having a grandmother is like having an army. This is a grand-child’s ultimate privilege: knowing that someone is on your side, always, whatever the details.” – Fredrik Backman
22. “If your baby is ‘beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time,’ you’re the grandma.” – Teresa Bloomingdale
23. “Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child’s growth as vitamins.” – Joyce Allston
24. “We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me.” – Phyllis Theroux
25. “A grandmother once said that children are the investments and grandchildren the dividends.” – Selma Berg
26. “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.” – Ogden Nash
27. “I grew up in a very musical household. There was music and dance. My great-grandma was a famous tap dancer in the ’40s, my mom was a dancer, she met my dad on the road when he was on tour in the ’60s. Music is my heart and soul, it’s my love.” – Taryn Manning
28. “For myself, one of the sweetest words I have ever heard is “Nana””. – Zelda Rosenbaum
29. “Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” – Alex Haley
30. “I loved their home. Everything smelled older, worn but safe; the food aroma had baked itself into the furniture.” – Susan Strasberg
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mother and son quotes that put words to this unbreakable bond.
Grandmother quotes that prove she’s the best
31. “Grandmother” opens up a new world of change, challenge, and celebration in a woman’s life.” – Rebecca Barlow Jordan
32. “When the grandmothers of today hear the word ‘Chippendales,’ they don’t necessarily think of chairs.” – Jean Kerr
33. “Young people need something stable to hang on to — a culture connection, a sense of their own past, a hope for their own future. Most of all, they need what grandparents can give them.” – Jay Kesler
34. “Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.” – Pam Brown
35. “My grandmother is my angel on earth.” – Catherine Pulsifer
36. “Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete.” – Marcy Demaree
37. “I think I’m a fan of people who were brave, my aunt, my grandmother, those are my heroes.” – George Eads
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of aunt quotes about the power of family love.
38. “To all of the grandmothers who make the world more gentle, more tolerant and more safe for our children. Never doubt your importance.” – Mary-Lou Rosengren
39. “If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first.” – Lois Wyse
40. “My Grandmother would say, “Make sure you look good. Make sure you speak well. Make sure you remain that Southern gentleman that I’ve taught you to be.” – Jamie Foxx
You might also like these getting older quotes that will make you embrace the beauty in aging.
Other beautiful and loving grandma quotes
41. “As I gazed in awe at my newborn granddaughter, all I could think about was the wonder of God’s handiwork.” – Margaret Lang
42. “A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.” – Rachel Appleton
43. “… to this day, I still continue the learning process to build upon the foundational lessons from my grandmother. I combine her teachings with the wisdom I glean from various sources…” – Martha Mutomba
44. “Sometimes our grandmas and grandpas are like grand-angels.” — Lexie Saige
45. “A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes.” – Barbara Cage
46. “A grandma’s name is little less in love than is the doting title of a mother.” – William Shakespeare
47. “Uncles and aunts, and cousins, are all very well, and fathers and mothers are not to be despised; but a grandmother, at holiday time, is worth them all.” – Fanny Fern
48. “Your sons weren’t made to like you. That’s what grandchildren are for.” – Jane Smiley
49. “My great-great-great-grandmother walked as a slave from Virginia to Eatonton, Georgia… It is in memory of this walk that I chose to keep and to embrace my “maiden” name, Walker.” – Alice Walker
50. “You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.” – Albert Einstein
More grandma quotes and sayings
51. “In the sky there are always answers and explanations for everything: every pain, every suffering, joy and confusion.” – Ishmael Beah
52. “Grandmotherhood initiated me into a world of play, where all things became fresh, alive, and honest again through my grandchildren’s eyes. Mostly, it retaught me love.” – Sue Monk Kidd
53. “You think I can’t take your weight? I carried you when you were a baby and I could carry you now.” – Candice Carty-Williams
54. “Her crown of white hair seemed to stand like a halo around her in the night sky.” – Lilian Li
55. “When she smiles, the lines in her face become epic narratives that trace the stories of generations that no book can replace.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
56. “Grandmom came back from that distance in time that separates grandmothers from their grandchildren and made herself a mother to me.” – Wendell Berry
57. “Grandmother, the true power behind the power.” – Lisa Birnbach
58. “There was so much fun going to the farm with grandma. In a group with other family members, grandma lead the way.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
59. “Beware! Authentic communication is not to be confused with Grandma’s unfiltered comments!” – Vindy Teja
60. “My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is.” – Ellen DeGeneres
Grandma quotes to make you smile
61. “I’m a very positive person. My grandmother taught me that happiness is both a skill and a decision, and you are responsible for the outcome.” – Helen McCroy
62. “My grandmother always told me how you start is how you finish.” – Bernie Mac
63. “Every house needs a grandmother in it.” – Louisa Mae Alcott
64. “A grandma is someone who’s dear in every way. Her smile is like the sunshine that brightens each new day.” – Unknown
65. “A grandma is someone who plays a special part in all the treasured memories we hold within our heart.” – Unknown
66. “I want to be the grandmother who plays inside and outside, experiencing joy with each grandchild, according to his or her personality and interests.” – Sharon Carpenter
67. “What happens at Nana’s… stays at Nana’s.” – Unknown
68. “A garden of love grows in a grandmother’s heart.” – Unknown
69. “Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting.” – Unknown
70. “Her grandmother, as she gets older, is not fading but rather becoming more concentrated.” – Paulette Alden
Heartwarming grandma quotes
71. “If God had intended us to follow recipes, He wouldn’t have given us grandmothers.” -Linda Henley
72. “When a child is born, so are grandmothers.” -Judith Levy
73. “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.” -Erma Bombeck
74. “If grandmas hadn’t existed, kids would have inevitably invented them.” -Arthur Kornhaber
75. “It’s impossible for a grandmother to understand that few people, and maybe none, will find her grandchild as endearing as she does.” -Janet Lanese
76. “I thought grandmothers had to like you. It’s a law or something.” -Mary E. Pearson
77. “Being pretty on the inside means you don’t hit your brother and you eat all your peas – that’s what my grandma taught me.” -Lord Chesterfield
78. “Grandma’s listen because they care and helpful advice always willing to share.” -Anitapoems
79. “If you’re lucky enough to still have grandparents, visit them, cherish them and celebrate them while you can.” -Regina Brett
80. “My grandma once said that grief is the price we pay for love.” -Prince William
Grandma Quotes That Bring Memories To Make You Miss Her
81. “My grandmother, a dim, stern figure, named her children Lily and Violet, which I guess from seeing a picture of my mother’s paved, ugly backyard, was the nearest she came to a garden.” ― Emma Joy Crone
82. “A faint smell of lilac filled the air. There was always lilac in this part of town. Where there were grandmothers, there was always lilac.” ― Laura Miller
83. “Granny always said finding justice was as tough as putting socks on a rooster.” ― Jessica Maria Tuccelli
84. “I still loved Granny. It flowed out of my chest. With Granny gone, where would my love go?” ― Jessica Maria Tuccelli
85. “Grandma must have come to inspect the settings a hundred times, being a perfectionist. Her love was evident in every little thing that was present in the house. It was soothing to be back in the house.” ― Preethi Venugopala
86. “I want to be a sunshine grandma.” ― Kay Robertson
87. “Grandma; it was to grandma I truly wanted to have returned, but she was no more.” ― Obehi Peter Ewanfoh
88. “My grandmother was the only grandmother I ever met who smoked cigars.”
89. “As grandma said, if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” ― A J Jacobs
90. “When Grandma’s last breath waltzed from that room, my heart opened wide like a parachute, and I realized she didn’t die. She simply found a silence she could call her own.” ― Jeffrey McDaniel
You’ll also love these mother daughter quotes expressing unconditional love.
Which of these grandma quotes was your favorite?
Many things make your grandmother special.
She’s an amazing woman.
The lady with the warmest hug, someone you can always confide in, and the person with the wisest pieces of advice.
No woman can compare to your grandma.
If you’re lucky and she’s still alive, appreciate her because she’s a special woman in every sense.
Hopefully, the quotes above will help you celebrate her.
Which of these grandma quotes resonated with you best?
Do you have any other favorite grandmother quotes to add?
Share with us in the comment section below.
November 22, 2022 7:35 AM EST