Take a look at these thoughtful “You reap what you sow” quotes.
Certain sayings or adages just stick with us.
We learn many of these lessons early in life, such as the golden rule, treat others the way you wish to be treated.
The saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” uses “apple” as a blanket example for fruits and vegetables.
It’s a reminder to eat well to avoid health complications.
Tell us your favorite you reap what you sow quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these “you reap what you sow” quotes?
Another such adage, “You reap what you sow,” reminds us that the energies and intents we send out will be the energies and intents reflected to us.
These “you reap what you sow” quotes will:
- help you evaluate your decisions before you act
- give you a better understanding of karma
- help you be the best version of yourself
The idea of “you reap what you sow” is not bad.
It is a neutral thing.
We are the ones who supply the meaning to whether or not what we sow will have a negative or positive impact on ourselves and our surroundings.
Check out this great book about how to turn these lessons into practical actions.
Short “you reap what you sow” quotes
1. “As a man sow, shall he reap.” — Bob Marley
2. “If you don’t sow, you don’t reap.” — Jim Rohn
3. “You reap in sales what you sow with marketing.” — Anonymous
4. “You always reap what you sow; there is no shortcut.” — Stephen Covey
5. “We reap what we sow. Choose what you nourish carefully.” — Anonymous
6. “The person who sows generously will also reap generously.” — Anonymous
7. “Good intentions are, at least, the seed of good actions.” — William Temple Sr
8. “You’ll never change your life until you change your choices.” — Nishan Panwar
9. “Sooner or later, everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
10. “If you don’t like what you are reaping, you had better change what you have been sowing.” — Jim Rohn
You will also enjoy our article on Dragon Ball Z quotes.
“You reap what you sow” quotes about gardening, harvesting, and planting
11. “Life is like a garden; you reap what you sow.” — Paulo Coelho
12. “What you sow, you reap. It’s the law of nature.” — Bob Proctor
13. “The law of harvest is to reap more than you sow.” — James Allen
14. “Plant a seed of friendship; reap a bouquet of happiness.” — Lois L. Kaufman
15. “What you sow into the lives of others is the harvest you will reap tomorrow.” — Anonymous
16. “Whatever it is you want, plant it, sow it, give it, and it shall be given unto you.” — Adrian Rogers
17. “With every deed you are sowing a seed, though the harvest you may not see.” — Ella Wheeler Wilcox
18. “To reap a return in ten years, plant trees. To reap a return in 100, cultivate the people.” — Ho Chi Minh
19. “In this earth, in this soil, in this pure field, let’s not plant any seed other than seeds of compassion and love.” — Rumi
20. “Your brain is your garden; what you sow is what you will reap. Seed it with hope, positive energy, good manners, and creativity. Irrigate it with faith, hard work, and good company.” — Zeyad Massry
“You reap what you sow” quotes about the reflective nature of life
21. “Do good, and good will follow you.” — Anonymous
22. “Make others happy, and you will be happy.” — Dalai Lama
23. “Radiate and give love, and love comes back to you.” — Anonymous
24. “You must give to get. You must sow the seed, before you can reap the harvest.” — Scott Reed
25. “When men sow the wind, it is rational to expect that they will reap the whirlwind.” — Frederick Douglass
26. “If we send out thoughts of love and health, they return to us like bread cast upon the waters.” — Charles F. Haanel
27. “Everything you do, everything you say, every choice you make, sooner or later comes back around.” — Anonymous
28. “If you sow seeds of dishonor, unfaithfulness, dishonesty today, you will reap the same tomorrow.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
29. “Whatever you do today is directly proportional to what will happen to you tomorrow. So sow what you reap.” — Anonymous
30. “Life is like a boomerang. Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later, with astounding accuracy.” — Grant M. Bright
“You reap what you sow” quotes about God or blessings
31. “If you want to reap financial blessings, you have to sow financially.” — Joel Osteen
32. “Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.” —Galatians 6:7
33. “The wicked earns deceptive wages, but one who sows righteousness gets a sure reward.” — Proverbs 11:18
34. “Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.” — Galatians 6:9
35. “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” — Thomas Paine
36. “Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.” — Corinthians 9:6
37. “We will reap what we sow. When you do good for other people, that’s when God is going to make sure that his abundant blessings overtake you.” — Joel Osteen
38. “God wants to use you to make other people happy. And the happier you make others, the happier you will be because you reap what you sow.” — Joyce Meyer
39. “Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.” — Hosea 10:12
40. “They have sown wheat and have reaped thorns; they have tired themselves out but profit nothing. They shall be ashamed of their harvests because of the fierce anger of the Lord.” —Jeremiah 12:13
“You reap what you sow” quotes to live by
41. “Patience is necessary, and one cannot reap immediately where one has sown.” — Soren Kierkegaard
42. “What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action.” — Meister Eckhart
43. “As you sow in your subconscious mind, so shall you reap in your body and environment.” — Joseph Murphy
44. “There’s a season for sowing, a season for reaping. Self-discipline helps you know which is which.” — Gary Ryan Blair
45. “Love is not something you sow and reap instantly. You have to watch it grow and become stronger.” — Blaze Olamiday
46. “You’re frustrated because you keep waiting for the blooming of flowers of which you have yet to sow the seeds.” — Steve Maraboli
47. “Before the reward, there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy.” — Ralph Ransom
48. “In this world, there really is a law of cause and effect: You reap what you sow. Then energy you put out really does come back to you.” — Michael Imperioli
49. “Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow and act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny.” — Charles Reade
50. “Karma is the universal law of cause and effect. You reap what you sow. You get what you earn. You are what you eat. If you give love, you get love. Revenge returns itself upon the avenger.” — Mary Browne
Are you reaping what you want to sow?
A fun mindfulness exercise is to imagine you and the entire universe as one beautiful giant crystal.
Then imagine that the crystal breaks into countless pieces and shards.
Each shard represents all life and every being, spread apart but all essentially made of the same source material.
The idea that we reap what we sow means that whatever we are projecting, whatever our shard of the crystal sends out, will create the ingredients of the energy of whatever is reflected to us.
Life is about choices.
There will always be good and evil.
For every positive thought we have, we will also have a negative thought.
We are uniquely positioned to choose which one we will allow to influence who we are.
What are your thoughts on the idea that you reap what you sow?
Be sure to let us know in the comments.
Please share these quotes on your social media feeds if you enjoyed them!
December 2, 2022 8:00 AM EST