There are deeper meanings than what we just see on the surface, and these lovely aesthetic quotes will make you look past only what your eyes can see.
Aesthetics are something that appeals to our eyes so magnificently that we simply cannot turn away.
When it comes to aesthetics, people often only tie it with art.
However, these aesthetic quotes will help you to see the beauty that is all around you and in unexpected places.
Why is Aesthetic so important?
While it might not be something that you actively think about throughout the day, aesthetics play a major role in the world and the way that we perceive it.
It is all around you.
It’s in mathematics and physics.
It’s in the painful places of your life.
And, in the imperfections of those that surround you.
Learning to appreciate the beauty that is around you can help to brighten your entire world.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Aesthetic Quotes for Deep Instagram Captions
1. “Aesthetics is for the artist like ornithology is for the birds.” – Barnett Newman
2. “The aesthetics aren’t merely a side note, they’re as important as anything else.”― Sylvain Neuvel
3. “Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic.”― Oscar Wilde
4. “Beauty is sometimes born of pain.”― Sheri L. Swift
5. “The darkening of the world makes the irrationality of art rational: radically darkened art.” ― Theodor W. Adorno
6. “Aesthetics is both politics and philosophy, a series of agreements and disagreements between subjective minds.” – Jimenez Lai
You will also enjoy our article on instagram bio quotes.
Aesthetic quotes that will make you appreciate the beauty around you
7. “I think the New Aesthetic is a series of observations. I think most of the trouble people have had with it comes from a misunderstanding of it as a movement.” – Warren Ellis
8. “Even a colour-sense is more important, in the development of the individual, than a sense of right and wrong. Aesthetics, in fact, are to Ethics in the sphere of conscious civilisation, what, in the sphere of the external world, sexual is to natural selection. Ethics, like natural selection, make existence possible. Aesthetics, like sexual selection, make life lovely and wonderful, fill it with new forms, and give it progress, and variety and change.”― Oscar Wilde
9. “Aesthetics have substantial political consequences. How one views oneself as beautiful or not beautiful or desirable or not desirable has deep consequences in terms of one’s feelings of self-worth and one’s capacity to be a political agent.” – Cornel West
10. “Leonardo Da Vinci combined art and science and aesthetics and engineering, that kind of unity is needed once again.” – Ben Shneiderman
11. “Art and Religion are, then, two roads by which men escape from circumstance to ecstasy. Between aesthetic and religious rapture there is a family alliance. Art and Religion are means to similar states of mind.” – Clive Bell
12. “Nothing is beautiful, only man: on this piece of naivete rests all aesthetics, it is the first truth of aesthetics. Let us immediately add its second: nothing is ugly but degenerate man – the domain of aesthetic judgment is therewith defined.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
13. “What comes from sorrow, watered by tears, grows something of beauty. A salt garden. And so this I leave behind. A harvest for those who find their way into my life and I into theirs.” ― Cindy McCormick Martinusen
14. “I hate that aesthetic game of the eye and the mind, played by these connoisseurs, these mandarins who “appreciate” beauty. What is beauty, anyway? There’s no such thing. I never “appreciate,” any more than I “like.” I love, or I hate.” – Pablo Picasso
Also check out these beautiful yellow quotes for a happy aesthetic.
Aesthetic quotes on seeing beauty in imperfection
15. “Nothing’s perfect, the world’s not perfect. But it’s there for us, trying the best it can; that’s what makes it so damn beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa
16. “I don’t need to be so full of myself that I feel I am without flaw. I can feel beautiful and imperfect at the same time. I have a healthy relationship with my aesthetic insecurities.” – Lupita Nyong’o
17. “It’s just my aesthetic: to want to feel a bit undone, effortless but not without style.” – Yigal Azrouel
18. “Refinement creates beauty everywhere: it is the grossness of the spectator that discovers nothing but grossness in the object.” ― William Hazlitt
19. “There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” – Steve Maraboli
20. “People accuse me of falling in love easily. It just means that I’m able to see the beauty in most of the people who cross paths with me and I appreciate it for what it is and also for what it isn’t. Love is imperfect. Falling for someone’s flaws is just as necessary as falling for their strengths.” – Ashly Lorenzana
21. “Life is not always perfect. Like a road, it has many bends, ups, and down, but that’s its beauty.” – Amit Ray
22. “But those who seek only reassurance from life will never be more than tourists—seeing everything and trying to possess what can only be felt. Beauty is the shadow of imperfection.” – Simon Van Booy
23. “We find beauty not in the thing itself but in the patterns of shadows, the light and the darkness, that one thing against another creates.” – Jun’ichirō Tanizaki
24. “Styles may change, details may come and go, but the broad demands of aesthetic judgment are permanent.” – Roger Scruton
25. “The line of beauty is the line of beauty. It doesn’t matter if it’s been through the Xerox machine a hundred times.” – Donna Tartt
26. “Any great art work … revives and re-adapts time and space, and the measure of its success is the extent to which it makes you an inhabitant of that world – the extent to which it invites you in and lets you breathe its strange, special air.” ― Leonard Bernstein
27. “Desire for beauty will endure and undermine the desire for truth.” ― Richard O. Prum
Aestheticquotes on looking within
28. “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” – Sophia Loren
29. “People define themselves aesthetically at a very young age.” – Thom Filicia
30. “My well-known aesthetic sense, which is so obvious and personal, spontaneously spurs me to challenge myself with different disciplines.” – Giorgio Armani
31. “The more people explore the world, the more they realise in every country there’s a different aesthetic. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” – Helena Christensen
Aesthetic quotes that will make you look past just what you see on the surface
32. “Art is the imposing of a pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern.” – Alfred North Whitehead
33. “To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
34. “Paper is a uniquely beautiful format, more so than the web, I think: you need to invest in the aesthetics.” – Dave Eggers
35. “If a work of art is rich and vital and complete, those who have artistic instincts will see its beauty, and those to whom ethics appeal more strongly than aesthetics will see its moral lesson.” – Oscar Wilde
36. “We all appreciated a certain aesthetic, and with that appreciation came a certain stylized presence.” – Amber Heard
37. “Design is about the betterment of our lives poetically, aesthetically, experientially, sensorially, and emotionally.” – Karim Rashid
38. “I find beauty in the continual shaping of chaos which clearly embodies the primordial power of nature’s performance.” – Iris van Herpen
39. “I believe that one of the most powerful things of all is aesthetics.” – Kalle Lasn
Aesthetic quotes that will put a smile on your face
40. “Aesthetic pleasure is not to be taken lightly; it’s very important for the spirit and therefore the health.” – Robert Bateman
41. “Aesthetics – rather than reason – shapes our thought processes. First comes aesthetics, then logic. ‘Thinking in Numbers’ is not about an attempt to impress the reader but to include the reader, draw the reader in, by explaining my experiences – the beauty I feel in a prime number, for example.” – Daniel Tammet
42. “Back then, I was still just a fan of music. And to be a fan of music also meant to be a fan of cities, of places. Regionalism—and the creative scenes therein—played an essential role in the identification and contextualization of a sound or aesthetic.” – Carrie Brownstein
43. “What is especially striking and remarkable is that in fundamental physics a beautiful or elegant theory is more likely to be right than a theory that is inelegant.” – Murray Gell-Mann
44. “Art is an invention of aesthetics, which in turn is an invention of philosophers… What we call art is a game.” – Octavio Paz
45. “Aesthetic sense is the twin of one’s instinct for self-preservation and is more reliable than ethics.” ― Joseph Brodsky
46. “It’s hard to combine a simple life with a love of aesthetics.” ― Marty Rubin
47. “Aesthetically, London is just beautiful; it’s a gorgeous city. The architecture, monuments, the parks, the small streets – it’s an incredible place to be.” – Sara Bareilles
48. “I became aesthetically obsessed with language. And ‘literally artist’ – poet and novelist – is a calling. You are called to it the way preachers are called to preaching the gospel.” – Unknown
49. “After a certain high level of technical skill is achieved science and art tend to coalesce in aesthetics, plasticity, and form. The greatest scientists are artists as well.” – Albert Einstein
50. “Creating is about sharing ideas, sharing aesthetics, sharing what you believe in with other people.” – Shepard Fairey
Aesthetic quotes to lift your mood
51. “An artist’s concern is to capture beauty wherever he finds it.” —Kazuo Ishiguro
52. “Aesthetic emotion puts man in a state favorable to the reception of erotic emotion. Art is the accomplice of love. Take love away and there is no longer art.” —Remy de Gourmont
53. “All aesthetic judgment is really cultural evaluation.” —Susan Sontag
54. “The aesthetic can have its revenge upon ideology by revealing a power to complicate that is also a power to undermine.” —Murray Krieger
55. “I always loved aesthetics. Not particularly fashion, but an idea of beauty.” —Miuccia Prada
56. “If you add something to a painting, never let it be for aesthetic reasons. Only let it be for reasons of expression.” —Asger Jorn
57. “Just because something causes you to have a feeling of aesthetic beauty does not make it a work of art.” —Fred Ross
58. “Aesthetic considerations are a matter of luxury and indulgence rather than of necessity.” —Unknown
59. “I will try to account for the degree of my aesthetic emotion. That, I conceive, is the function of the critic.” —Clive Howard Bell
60. “Appreciate the aesthetic and creativity of the nature and be grateful for being part of it.” —M.F. Moonzajer
Thoughtful aesthetic quotes
61. “I do not trust easily. So when I tell you ‘I trust you’ please do not make me regret it.” – J. Cole
62. “You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.” – Amy Bloom
63. “Good befalls us while we sleep, sometimes.”― Honoré de Balzac
64. “You may be one person to the world but you may also be the world to one person.” – Audrey Hepburn
65. “I don’t think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains.” – Anne Frank
66. “The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.” – Richard Bach
67. “I’ve never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful.” – Unknown
68. “Whenever you are creating beauty around you, you are restoring your own soul.” – Alice Walker
69. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” – Confucius
70. “This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before.” – Maya Angelou
More aesthetic quotes
71. “In so far as the mind sees things in their eternal aspect, it participates in eternity.” – Baruch de Spinoza
72. “All efforts to make politics aesthetic culminate in one thing, war.” – Walter Benjamin
73. “In the world there exists no aesthetic plane, not even the aesthetic plane of goodness.” – Clarice Lispector
74. “Aestheticism is the garbage of intuitive feeling.” – Kazimir Severinovich Malevich
75. “There is none more beautiful than the lover of beauty.” – Raheel Farooq
76. “Everything good is good because of the love it contains.” – John K. Brown
77. “Seeing is metamorphosis, not mechanism.” – James Elkins
78. “Show me what a people admire, and I will tell you everything about them that matters.” – Jack McDevitt
79. “Bread cannot feed the addicts of beauty.” – Raheel Farooq
80. “Pleading with those eyes, it’s obvious what I’m meant to do. I embrace the beauty and kiss it deeply.” – Patrick Bryant
Inspirational Aesthetic Quotes For Your Aesthetic Enjoyment
81. “The power of nature is such that it’s what all art strives to be. The more we can get in tune with the harmony of the planet, the more our art can benefit from that relationship.” — Rick Rubin
82. “Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms, you would never see the true beauty of their carvings.” — Elisabeth Kubler
83. “Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears.” — Edgar Allan Poe
84. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” —Helen Keller
85. “Our hearts are drunk with a beauty our eyes could never see.”— George W. Russell
86. “For you to sleep well at night, the aesthetic, the quality, has to be carried all the way through.” — Steve Jobs
87. “It’s odd that there is a high level of appreciation of nature. There is the aesthetic side that really loves nature and beauty.” — Jerry Garcia
88. “Life is abundant, and life is beautiful. And it’s a good place that we’re all in, you know, on this earth, if we take care of it.” — Alice Walker
89. “In the life of the individual, an aesthetic sensibility is both more authentic and more commendable than a political or religious one.” — Tom Robbins
90. “The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes home happy and life lovely.” — Louisa May
Aesthetic Quotes To Get Your Mind Right
91. “All great art is the work of the whole living creature, body and soul, and chiefly of the soul.” — John Ruskin
92. “I don’t think I have a sense of fashion. But I do have an aesthetic, which I feel is an offshoot of me working in the design industry. For example, if I am mixing and matching prints on my sofas and cushion covers, I tend to do that with my wardrobe as well.” — Twinkle Khanna
93. “Aesthetic freedom is like free speech; it is, indeed, a form of free speech.” – George Edward
94. “A rich poet from Harvard has no sense in his mind, except the aesthetic.” — Beatrice Wood.
95. “I love art dealers….I love that they put their money where their taste is, create their aesthetic universes, support artists, employ people, and do all of this while letting us see art for free. Many are visionaries.” — Jerry Saltz
96. “As writers and readers, as sinners and citizens, our realism and our aesthetic sense make us wary of crediting the positive note.” — Seamus Heaney
97. “I fell in love with R&B music at a young age. The energy and aesthetic of that genre strike an emotional chord with me.” — Sid Sriram.
98. “Beauty is the main positive form of the aesthetic assimilation of reality, in which the aesthetic ideal finds its direct expression.” — Karl Marx.
99. “When you’re talking about Tim Burton, you’re talking about a guy that has such a visual sense, an aesthetic, a storytelling style. It’s like he’s got his own genre.” — Jackie Earle Haley
100. “Fashion, for me, is anything that’s aesthetic and beautiful. Art, food, film. It’s something that I appreciate and really like.” — St. Vincent
More Aesthetic Quotes And Sayings
101. “Behind the aesthetic form lies the repressed harmony of sensuousness and reason.” — Herbert Marcuse
102. “Light has an evident, functional and aesthetic impact on our lives.” — Olafur Eliasson
103. “The aesthetic, as I understand it, is really about the way in which we understand beauty and speak and think about beauty.” — Kwame Dawes
104. “I’m always interested in finding new aesthetic problems to deal with and challenge myself, even if the aesthetic problem is one of content.” — Stephen Shore
105. “Dreaming is not merely an act of communication; it is also an aesthetic activity, a game of the imagination, a game that is a value in itself.” — Milan Kundera
106. “There’s no specific aesthetic other than a sense of the beautiful itself, I suppose.” — Kristoffer Rygg
107. “Form follows profit is the aesthetic principle of our times.” — Richard Rogers
108. “Aesthetic value is often the by-product of the artist striving to do something else.” — Evelyn Waugh
109. “What always seems miraculous is when aesthetic necessities yield an insight which otherwise I would have missed.” — Susan Griffin
110. “Aesthetic matters are fundamental for the harmonious development of both society and the individual.” — Friedrich Schiller
Did you enjoy these aesthetic quotes?
When you realize the impact that aesthetics has on you, it can change the way you see the world.
It allows you to find and appreciate the beauty in unexpected places.
It’s something that can connect you with others and help you to view things from their perspective.
Challenge yourself to find the beauty around you as you go through your day.
Look for it in the mundane interactions that you have and in the familiar areas of life that you overlook.
Think about the way it impacts your decisions.
And, take time to sit back, reflect on, and enjoy the appeal of the world around you.
Which of these aesthetic quotes is your favorite?
Do you have any other thoughtful quotes and sayings to add?
Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.
September 24, 2022 6:00 AM EST