As you’ll see from these purple quotes, it is one of the most popular colors for people everywhere.
From royal fashion to spring flowers, purple is a color that we associate with many things.
It’s also a color that seems to have a natural attraction.
You may also enjoy our article on:
There are rich deep shades and light pastels to enjoy.
Tell us your favorite purple quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these purple quotes?
These purple quotes will help you understand the things purple symbolizes, like:
It’s a color that’s appreciated all around the world.
It’s been admired from ancient days to modern days.
You can learn more about why people seem to like it so much in the purple quotes below.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Aesthetic purple quotes about fashion
1. “If you want to make a statement, wear purple.” – Baron Davis
2. “Womanist is to feminist as purple is to lavender.” – Alice Walker
3. “Mauve is just pink trying to be purple.” – James Whistler
4. “Flower of this purple dye, Hit with Cupid’s archery, Sink in the apple of his eye.” – William Shakespeare
You will also enjoy our article on yellow quotes.
5. “Black is not as good as purple.” – Ralph Lauren
6. “It wasn’t easy looking dignified wearing a bed sheet and a purple cape.” – Rick Riordan
7. “When I am old, I shall wear purple.” – Jenny Joseph
8. “I won’t eat any cereal that doesn’t turn the milk purple.” – Bill Watterson
9. “Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.” – Regina Brett
10. “Purple does something strange to me.” – Charles Bukowski
11. “My character was obnoxious, had stinky feet, and wore things like purple tights and a yellow top. I hated the clothes.” – Andrea Barber
12. “Purple has always been my favorite color… but purple, when I was a little kid, was a color that boys weren’t really allowed to wear. That’s what all the kids at school told me. I filled my wardrobe with as much purple as I could possibly find, because who cares? Life’s too short to dress by other people’s rules.” – Sasha Velour
13. “Many gorgeous women have their go-to color, but no one can deny the power of purple.” – @shilpaahujadotcom
You will also enjoy our article on Rod Wave quotes.
15. “I was very against pink and purple when I was young because they were girls’ colors. But that was only because I didn’t want people to write me off for what I can do. When I got into my 20s, I decided that was stupid.” – Danica Patrick
Favorite color purple quotes and sayings
16. “Purple is my favorite color. It makes me think of spring and summer. A purple dress, eating grapes, lilacs – I love purple.” – Unknown
17. “If I were a buyer today in one of the American department stores, I would go with extremes – the most beautiful, the more expensive, the more eccentric. I would take risks. The worst thing would be to buy only the little black dress. You know why? Because everyone has it already. I would go with a purple dress, something different.” – Alber Elbaz
18. “Purple puts us in touch with the part of ourselves that is regal. Purple is the queen in all women; it helps us keep our backs straight and heads held high.” – Byllye Avery
19. “Purple is the color of royalties. It stands for luxury, wealth, and sophistication. It is also the color of passion, romance, and sensitivity.” – Amira
You will also enjoy our article on fashion quotes.
Inspirational purple quotes
20. “Be different. Be original. Nobody will remember a specific flower in a garden filled with thousands of the same yellow flower, but they will remember the one that managed to change its color to purple.” – Suzy Kassem
21. “Shine bright like an amethyst.” – Unknown
22. “Oh, grown-ups cannot understand, And grown-ups never will, How short the way to fairyland Across the purple hill.” – Alfred Noyes
23. “An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love, and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.” – Leatrive Eiseman
24. “Violet is the most soothing, tranquilizing, and cooling color vibration. It encourages the healing of unbalanced mental conditions in people who are overly nervous or high-strung. Foods of the violet vibration are: purple broccoli, beetroot, and purple grapes.” – Tae Yn Kim
25. “When I write after dark’, observed Cyril Connlly, ‘the shades of evening scatter their purple through my prose.’” – Anne Fadiman
26. “Virtue shows quite as well in rags and patches as she does in purple and fine linen.” – Charles Dickens
The Color Purple Quotes
From the popular book, movie, and musical.
27. “I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don’t notice it.” – Alice Walker
28. “Time moves slowly, but passes quickly.” – Alice Walker
29. “Everything want to be loved. Us sing and dance and holler, just trying to be loved.” – Alice Walker
30. “People think pleasing God is all God cares about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back.” – Alice Walker
31. “The more I wonder, the more I love.” – Alice Walker
32. “Why any woman give a shit what people think is a mystery to me.” – Alice Walker
Beautiful purple flower quotes
33. “Soon it got dusk, a grapy dusk, a purple dusk over tangerine groves and long melon fields; the sun the color of pressed grapes, slashed with Burgandy red, the fields the color of love and Spanish mysteries.” – Jack Kerouac
34. “October arrives in a swirl of fragrant blue leaf smooth, the sweetness of slightly frosted MacIntosh apples, and little hard acorns falling. We are in the midst of cool crisp days, purple mists, and Nature recklessly tossing her whole palette of dazzling tones through fields and woodlands.” – Jean Hersey
35. “The lands are lit with all the autumn blaze of golden-rod, and everywhere the purple asters nod and bend and wave and flit.” – Helen Hunt
36. “Purple allows you to be elegant and appear strong.” – @shilpaahujadotcom
37. “Tis midnight now. The bend and broken moon, Batter’d and black, as from a thousand battles, Hangs silent on the purple walls of Heaven.” – Joaquin Miller
Purple motivational quotes
38. “Purple can be both luxurious and modest.” – @shilpaahujadotcom
39. “Everything is better in purple.” – Unknown
40. “I like to write with a lot of emotion and a lot of power. Sometimes I overdo it; sometimes my prose is a little bit too purple, and I know that.” – H.G. Bissinger
41. “All the other colors are just colors, but purple seems to have a soul – when you look at it, it’s looking back at you.” – Uniek Swain
42. “Love makes its record in deeper colors as we grow out of childhood into manhood; as the Emperors signed their names in green ink when underage, but when of age, in purple.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
43. “I see music in colours. I love music that’s black, pink, purple or red – but I hate music that’s green, yellow or brown.” – Charli XCX
44. “I actually was there down in Florida when Prince did ‘Purple Rain’ in the rain. He was out there with the guitar goin’. It was absolutely awesome.” – Joe Maurer
45. “I’m not posh, not in the slightest. My parents spent some money on my education, but I wasn’t born to the purple.” – Matthew Goode
46. “The range in brightness from the purple glow [of the sunset] to the dark sky above is too great for most films and naturally it is beyond the range of printed pictures.” – James Elkins
47. “I was a loudmouth rock star when I was still in college. Purple hair this week, green hair next week, blonde hair the week after. I was doing that fashion before it was really cool.” – Pepa
48. “I still bleed purple and gold, so it was a no-brainer for me to go to LSU.” – Eric Reid
49. “The sky is already purple; the first few stars have appeared, suddenly, as if someone had thrown a handful of silver across the edge of the world.” – Alice Hoffman
50. “In 2007, Prince performed at the halftime of the Super Bowl. The stage in Miami was wreathed in purple light, and it poured during his performance so that he played ‘Purple Rain’ in the purple rain.” – Steven Rushin
Other funny purple quotes and sayings
51. “Any color can make you look fashionable. But purple also shows you’re exquisite.” – @shilpaahujadotcom
52. “Royalty and purple just go together. A purple dress says more than words ever could.” – Unknown
53. “Everything changes when a man becomes purple.” – Charlie McDonnell
54. “I have a passion for all things purple, especially when it comes to the clothes I wear!” – Unknown
55. “I went through this phase where I thought pink and purple matched. To dance class, I’d wear purple tights and pink leg warmers and paint my shoes purple. It was really odd.” – Carrie Ann Inaba
56. “Purple, purple, purple, what color could look better than purple?” – Unknown
57. “When God made the color purple, God was just showing off.” – Mae Jemison
58. “Purple as tulips in May, mauve into lush velvet, purple as the stain blackberries leave on the lips, on the hands, the purple of ripe grapes sunlit and warm as flesh.” – Marge Piercy
59. “When you want to look like you just stepped out of a fashion magazine, a purple dress is the best choice.” – Unknown
60. “I like purple too. I looked up color psychology before doing any house painting because I was curious what the colors I like mean. And purple is very royal and creative.” – Paul Dano
Purple quotes to inspire and add color to your life
61. “The eastern savanna shifted from charcoal to deep purple; to the west a feverish orange moon sank into the Kiambu Hills.” ― Mike Bond
62. “The bougainvillea hung about it, purple and magenta, in livid balloons.” ― Anita Desai
63. “Purple, wonder, majesty, and enchantment doesn’t even begin to cover the feelings that I had the first time that I met you that only grew.” ― Ottilie Weber
64. “And when I fall in love,” I began, “I will build a mountain to touch the sky. Then, my lover and I will have the best of both worlds, reality firmly under our feet, while we have our heads in the clouds with all our illusions still intact. And the purple grass will grow all around, high enough to reach our eyes.” ― V.C. Andrews
65. “I piled the cookies, their lovely violet color peeping through a light coating of powdered sugar, on a plate. I studied the offering, then added a small bowl of vanilla ice cream as well as a serving of my ube halaya, the purple-yam jam I’d used to create the cookies, to the dish. Perfect.” ― Mia P. Manansala
66. “He pictures her face when she opens the bag and sees it. A whole load of dark purple flowers stuck onto a tiny bendy stem like a bunch of butterflies about to fly off.” ― Ella Griffin
67. “The hardiest plant in the world is the purple saxifrage. It has delicate-looking flowers, with purple petals that seem as though they might blow away in the wind, yet it thrives in the Arctic.” ― Matt Haig
68. “Some people are Red voters and some people are Blue voters, but I am a Purple voter because I can see good and bad in the policies of both and vote accordingly.” ― C.A.A. Savastano
69. “The light in that suburban office suite was bright but not harsh; the pale walls were incredibly clean and the carpeting, in Spence’s description, was conspicuously new and displayed the exact shade of purple found in turnips.” ― Thomas Ligotti
70. “Rachael could see the lavender fields from where they sat at the kitchen table. They stretched in a purple haze over the landscape, the bright sunshine washing over them. The mauve complimented the blue-grey of the Australian bush in the far distance.” ― Ellen Read
Fascinating purple quotes to appreciate this majestic color
71. “Purple is the last of the rainbow colors, so it means I will love and trust u for a long time” ― Kim Taehyung
72. “Seek to be the purple thread in the long white gown.” ― Epictetus
73. “If I’m feeling tired, I just say, ‘I’m going to paint my nails purple and put some lipstick on!'” ― Emma Watson
74. “Her love was like lavender, delicate and melancholy.” ― Laura Chouette
75. “In the CoverGirl Melting Pout Matte Lipstick ads, I am wearing this gorgeous purple color called Seismic. It’s such a different shade, but it works well with my face. I’ve got hazel eyes, and so purple kind of compliments it. It’s a nice shade to put on when I’m feeling a little sassy.” ― Ayesha Curry
76. “Katy Perry is the sexiest woman I’ve ever kissed. It was amazing and very purple – she had purple lipstick on.” ― Niall Horan
77. “I’m a purple girl!” ― Justine Skye
78. “I don’t have a purple problem, I have a purple passion!” ― Jackie Harmon Sweeney
79. “We’ve been in a war and a recession. That’s why acccent colors with yellow and purple are popular. They’re optimistic and flirty and happy colors.” ― David Bromstad
80. “Time is purple just before night.” ― Mary O’Neill
Purple Quotes That Make You Glow
81. “Twilight fell: The sky turned to a light, dusky purple littered with tiny silver stars.” — J. K. Rowling
82. “There’s midnight’s all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow, And evening full of the linnet’s wings.” — William Butler Yeats
83. “The only medal that I am certain I deserved is the Purple Heart.” — Bob Kerrey
84. “I love purple because my name is Amethyst.” — Iggy Azalea
85. “Led Zeppelin. Queen. Deep Purple. These were the bands I listened to. I still listen to them.” — Yul Vazquez
86. “Deep Purple is a….good band and we’ve made a niche in rock ‘n’ roll history. Maybe not a huge one but enough to be very proud of.” — Jon Lord
87. “I love The Purple Book. It continually helps reinforce the only foundation worth building upon— a biblical one.” — Peter Furler
88. “There are purple grapes in the Land of Git-Thare.” — Sam Walter Foss
89. “I think I had a lot of bad hair moments. In the early 80’s just sometimes I wore purple lipstick or green lipstick.” — Madonna Ciccone
90. “I came in with a completely new perspective. I would write songs and they would pick tunes they felt were in the Purple vein.” — Tommy Bolin
Thought Provoking Purple Quotes
91. “I think purple is the only color that suits me most.” — Onew
92. “I struggle immensely with celebrities of all kinds. I get clammy hands and turn a little purple.” — Bryce Dallas Howard
93. “I grew up in the Bible Belt and I made my own clothes and dyed my hair purple. Nobody ever knew what to do with me.” — Kesha
94. “One marvel of a day he had walked so far that when he returned the moon was high and full and all the world was purple shadow and silver.” — Frances Hodgson Burnett
95. “Sitting at the table during Color Purple and looking up and suddenly realizing I was acting in front of Steven Spielberg, was pretty cool. It was pretty good.” — Whoopi Goldberg
96. “Anne came dancing home in the purple winter twilight across the snowy places.” — Lucy Maud Montgomery
97. “Man’s hope can paint a purple picture, can transform a soaring vulture into a noble eagle or moaning dove.” — Ralph Ellison
98. “Yesterday and tomorrow cross and mix on the skyline. The two are lost in a purple haze. One forgets, one waits.” — Carl Sandburg
99. “Purple haze all in my eyes, don’t know if it’s day or night. You got me blowin’, blowin’ my mind. Is it tomorrow or just the end of time?” — Jimi Hendrix
100. “I want to be pure in heart — but I like to wear my purple dress.” — Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Purple Quotes To Encourage You To Appreciate Its Eccentric Nature
101. “I just love the color purple on me, because it goes really well with my eye color.” — Sarah Hyland
102. “I spent every day of third grade wearing a glittery purple cowboy hat.” — Simone Giertz
103. “We’ve been in a war and a recession. That’s why acccent colors with yellow and purple are popular. They’re optimistic and flirty and happy colors.” — David Bromstad
104. “saw what Purple meant to people and I still hear it now when I’m in Europe. I’m always shocked that I’m still asked about Purple because it was such a long time ago.” — David Coverdale
105. “O, beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain, for purple mountain majesties, above the fruited plain!” — Katharine Lee Bates
106. “Early impressions are hard to eradicate from the mind. When once wool has been dyed purple, who can restore it to its previous whiteness? — St. Jerome
107. “I have had more than half a century of such happiness. A great deal of worry and sorrow, too, but never a worry or a sorrow that was not offset by a purple iris, a lark, a bluebird, or a dewy morning glory.” — Mary McLeod Bethune
108. “Often a purple patch or two is tacked on to a serious work of high promise, to give an effect of colour.” — Horace
109. “I think ‘The Color Purple’ is so bursting with love, the need for connection, the showing of the need for connection around the globe.” — Alice Walker
110. “My hair is always going to be purple; that’s kind of my thing. It doesn’t matter what length I make it, as long as it’s purple.” — Justine Skye
111. “I love funky shoes and hats. I’m into large-brimmed fedoras with big feathers in fun colors like purple and lime-yellow. I just think hats add pizzazz to your outfits.” ― Kim Kardashian
112. “Purple’s my favorite color.” ― Danielle Panabaker
113. “My husband is very supportive and is there for the kids, especially when I’m in projects such as The Color Purple.” ― Heather Headley
114. “I wouldn’t have filmed The Color Purple if the book had been a big fat novel. The reason I read it is because it is thin.” ― Steven Spielberg
115. “My favorite color right now is purple, but it used to be pink. It’s kind of always going to be pink.” ― Kristinia DeBarge
116. “My favorite color is purple. I have a huge velvet purple comforter on my bed.” ― Meredith Brooks
117. “When I’m a blonde, I can say the world is purple, and they’ll believe me because they weren’t listening to me.” ― Kylie Bax
118. “The key to success is to find a way to stand out–to be the purple cow in a field of monochrome Holsteins.” ― Seth Godin
What did you learn from these purple quotes?
If you haven’t taken the time to appreciate the color purple, I encourage you to do so today.
The psychology behind the color shares that it can do a lot for your mood.
The color can leave you feeling more empowered and motivated while maintaining calm and tranquility.
Purple truly draws upon the qualities connected with its primary colors—blue and red.
Whether you add a pop of purple to a room in your house, your brand logo, or just your outfit for the day, look for ways to benefit from the color in your life.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these purple quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Don’t forget to hit the share button if you found these purple quotes interesting.