As you’ll see from these purple quotes, it is one of the most popular colors for people everywhere.
From royal fashion to spring flowers, purple is a color that we associate with many things. It’s also a color that seems to have a natural attraction. There are rich deep shades and light pastels to enjoy.
Purple is known for many things, including royalty, wealth, power, and creativity. It’s a color that’s appreciated all around the world. It’s been admired from ancient days to modern days. You can learn more about why people seem to like it so much in the purple quotes below.
Don’t forget to also check out these pink quotes for when it is your favorite color.
Aesthetic purple quotes about fashion
1. “If you want to make a statement, wear purple.” – Baron Davis
2. “Purple can be both luxurious and modest.” – @shilpaahujadotcom
3. “I was a loudmouth rock star when I was still in college. Purple hair this week, green hair next week, blonde hair the week after. I was doing that fashion before it was really cool.” – Pepa
4. “If I were a buyer today in one of the American department stores, I would go with extremes – the most beautiful, the more expensive, the more eccentric. I would take risks. The worst thing would be to buy only the little black dress. You know why? Because everyone has it already. I would go with a purple dress, something different.” – Alber Elbaz
5. “When I am old, I shall wear purple.” – Jenny Joseph
6. “Purple allows you to be elegant and appear strong.” – @shilpaahujadotcom
7. “Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.” – Regina Brett
8. “Black is not as good as purple.” – Ralph Lauren
9. “Any color can make you look fashionable. But purple also shows you’re exquisite.” – @shilpaahujadotcom
10. “I went through this phase where I thought pink and purple matched. To dance class, I’d wear purple tights and pink leg warmers and paint my shoes purple. It was really odd.” – Carrie Ann Inaba
11. “My character was obnoxious, had stinky feet, and wore things like purple tights and a yellow top. I hated the clothes.” – Andrea Barber
12. “Purple has always been my favorite color… but purple, when I was a little kid, was a color that boys weren’t really allowed to wear. That’s what all the kids at school told me. I filled my wardrobe with as much purple as I could possibly find, because who cares? Life’s too short to dress by other people’s rules.” – Sasha Velour
13. “Many gorgeous women have their go-to color, but no one can deny the power of purple.” – @shilpaahujadotcom
14. “It’s all or nothing with my makeup. If I get dressed up, I’ll get to an extreme, I’ll wear foundation, bright blue or bright red lipstick with one of my weird purple wigs.” – Angelina Jolie
15. “I was very against pink and purple when I was young because they were girls’ colors. But that was only because I didn’t want people to write me off for what I can do. When I got into my 20s, I decided that was stupid.” – Danica Patrick
Favorite color purple quotes and sayings
16. “Purple is my favorite color. It makes me think of spring and summer. A purple dress, eating grapes, lilacs – I love purple.” – Unknown
17. “Everything is better in purple.” – Unknown
18. “Purple puts us in touch with the part of ourselves that is regal. Purple is the queen in all women; it helps us keep our backs straight and heads held high.” – Byllye Avery
19. “Purple is the color of royalties. It stands for luxury, wealth, and sophistication. It is also the color of passion, romance, and sensitivity.” – Amira
Inspirational purple quotes
20. “Be different. Be original. Nobody will remember a specific flower in a garden filled with thousands of the same yellow flower, but they will remember the one that managed to change its color to purple.” – Suzy Kassem
21. “Shine bright like an amethyst.” – Unknown
22. “Oh, grown-ups cannot understand, And grown-ups never will, How short the way to fairyland Across the purple hill.” – Alfred Noyes
23. “An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love, and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.” – Leatrive Eiseman
24. “Violet is the most soothing, tranquilizing, and cooling color vibration. It encourages the healing of unbalanced mental conditions in people who are overly nervous or high-strung. Foods of the violet vibration are: purple broccoli, beetroot, and purple grapes.” – Tae Yn Kim
25. “When I write after dark’, observed Cyril Connlly, ‘the shades of evening scatter their purple through my prose.’” – Anne Fadiman
26. “Virtue shows quite as well in rags and patches as she does in purple and fine linen.” – Charles Dickens
The Color Purple Quotes
From the popular book, movie, and musical.
27. “I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don’t notice it.” – Alice Walker
28. “Time moves slowly, but passes quickly.” – Alice Walker
29. “Everything want to be loved. Us sing and dance and holler, just trying to be loved.” – Alice Walker
30. “People think pleasing God is all God cares about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back.” – Alice Walker
31. “The more I wonder, the more I love.” – Alice Walker
32. “Why any woman give a shit what people think is a mystery to me.” – Alice Walker
Beautiful purple flower quotes
33. “Soon it got dusk, a grapy dusk, a purple dusk over tangerine groves and long melon fields; the sun the color of pressed grapes, slashed with Burgandy red, the fields the color of love and Spanish mysteries.” – Jack Kerouac
34. “October arrives in a swirl of fragrant blue leaf smooth, the sweetness of slightly frosted MacIntosh apples, and little hard acorns falling. We are in the midst of cool crisp days, purple mists, and Nature recklessly tossing her whole palette of dazzling tones through fields and woodlands.” – Jean Hersey
35. “The lands are lit with all the autumn blaze of golden-rod, and everywhere the purple asters nod and bend and wave and flit.” – Helen Hunt
36. “Flower of this purple dye, Hit with Cupid’s archery, Sink in the apple of his eye.” – William Shakespeare
37. “Tis midnight now. The bend and broken moon, Batter’d and black, as from a thousand battles, Hangs silent on the purple walls of Heaven.” – Joaquin Miller
Other funny purple quotes and sayings
38. “Womanist is to feminist as purple is to lavender.” – Alice Walker
39. “Mauve is just pink trying to be purple.” – James Whistler
40. “I like to write with a lot of emotion and a lot of power. Sometimes I overdo it; sometimes my prose is a little bit too purple, and I know that.” – H.G. Bissinger
41. “All the other colors are just colors, but purple seems to have a soul – when you look at it, it’s looking back at you.” – Uniek Swain
42. “Love makes its record in deeper colors as we grow out of childhood into manhood; as the Emperors signed their names in green ink when underage, but when of age, in purple.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
43. “I see music in colours. I love music that’s black, pink, purple or red – but I hate music that’s green, yellow or brown.” – Charli XCX
44. “I actually was there down in Florida when Prince did ‘Purple Rain’ in the rain. He was out there with the guitar goin’. It was absolutely awesome.” – Joe Maurer
45. “I’m not posh, not in the slightest. My parents spent some money on my education, but I wasn’t born to the purple.” – Matthew Goode
46. “The range in brightness from the purple glow [of the sunset] to the dark sky above is too great for most films and naturally it is beyond the range of printed pictures.” – James Elkins
47. “I won’t eat any cereal that doesn’t turn the milk purple.” – Bill Watterson
48. “I still bleed purple and gold, so it was a no-brainer for me to go to LSU.” – Eric Reid
49. “The sky is already purple; the first few stars have appeared, suddenly, as if someone had thrown a handful of silver across the edge of the world.” – Alice Hoffman
50. “In 2007, Prince performed at the halftime of the Super Bowl. The stage in Miami was wreathed in purple light, and it poured during his performance so that he played ‘Purple Rain’ in the purple rain.” – Steven Rushin
What did you learn from these purple quotes?
If you haven’t taken the time to appreciate the color purple, I encourage you to do so today. The psychology behind the color shares that it can do a lot for your mood.
The color can leave you feeling more empowered and motivated while still maintaining a sense of calm and tranquility. Purple truly draws upon the qualities connected with its primary colors—blue and red.
Whether you add a pop of purple to a room in your house, your brand logo, or just your outfit for the day, look for ways that you can benefit from the color in your life.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these purple quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
May 17, 2021 7:00 AM EST