Being kind makes the world a better place to live.
To remind you of the importance of spreading joy, we have collected 50 inspirational be kind quotes.
What does kindness mean to you?
Kindness doesn’t have to be expressed in large, dramatic acts.
Small acts of kindness can be just as impactful.
For example, you could buy a stranger a cup of coffee or call a friend to check in with them.
While kindness to others is vital, being kind to yourself is just as important.
Both forms of kindness will be discussed in the quotes below.
We hope you enjoy our collection of positive, motivational quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these positivity quotes showing the power of optimism.
Powerful be kind quotes
1. “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” – Dalai Lama
2. “Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.” – Henry James
3. “He who fears to weep, should learn to be kind to those who weep.” – Abu Bakr
4. “We are all neighbors. Be kind. Be gentle.” – Clemantine Wamariya
5. “Choosing kindness is just as easy as smiling.” – Jacob Tremblay
6. “We ought to be vigilantes for kindness and consideration.” – Letitia Baldrige
7. “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
8. “If you have an impulse to kindness, act on it.” – Douglas Coupland
9. “Kindness in ourselves is the honey that blunts the sting of unkindness in another.” – Walter Savage Landor
10. “Kindness is wisdom.” – Philip James Bailey
Be kind quotes from celebrities
11. “When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they’ll remember and be kind to someone else. And it’ll become like a wildfire.” – Whoopi Goldberg
12. “Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.” – Conan O’Brien
13. “I’m a big believer in acts of kindness, no matter how small.” – Liam Neeson
14. “Everyone should just be kind to one another.” – JoJo Siwa
15. “Be kind. It’s worthwhile to make an effort to learn about other people and figure out what you might have in common with them.” – Viggo Mortensen
16. “Be good to people, be kind to people, show up, read the lines, hit the mark, and go home.” – Pierce Brosnan
17. “You can’t expect to make no effort. You still have to make the effort and be kind and understanding.” – Zooey Deschanel
18. “I’ve been searching for ways to heal myself, and I’ve found that kindness is the best way.” – Lady Gaga
19. “Kindness and politeness are not overrated at all. They’re underused.” – Tommy Lee Jones
20. “True beauty is born through our actions and aspirations and in the kindness we offer to others.” – Alek Wek
21. “Always be kind, but kindness doesn’t mean that you have to not say what you think.” – Grace VanderWaal
22. “Everyone responds to kindness.” – Richard Gere
23. “Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world.” – Annie Lennox
Be kind quotes about self-compassion
24. “Be kind to yourself.” – Meghan Markle
25. “Self-compassion is how we recover.” – Sheryl Sandberg
26. “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
27. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Sharon Salzberg
28. “Did your mom ever tell you, ‘If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything’? She was right–and talking nicely also applies when you’re talking to yourself, even inside your head.” – Victoria Moran
29. “A moment of self-compassion can change your entire day. A string of such moments can change the course of your life.” – Christopher K. Germer
30. “Self-compassion encourages mindfulness, or noticing your feelings without judgment; self-kindness, or talking to yourself in a soothing way; and common humanity, or thinking about how others might be suffering similarly.” – Rachel Simmons
31. “Feeling compassion for ourselves in no way releases us from responsibility for our actions. Rather, it releases us from the self-hatred that prevents us from responding to our life with clarity and balance.” – Tara Brach
32. “Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.” – Deborah Day
33. “If your compassion does not include yourself it is incomplete.” – Jack Kornfield
34. “I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.” – Madonna
35. “Having compassion starts and ends with having compassion for all those unwanted parts of ourselves. The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy.” – Pema Chodron
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Pema Chödrön quotes about finding peace in life.
36. “All the happiness, self-confidence, and support you’re seeking is already within you.” – Gabby Bernstein
37. “You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” – Brene Brown
38. “One of the best guides to how to be self-loving is to give ourselves the love we are often dreaming about receiving from others.” – Bell Hooks
39. “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.” – Mary Dunbar
Be kind quotes about impact
40. “In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.” – Les Brown
41. “A positive impact stems from our admission that we were wrong or our thinking was wrong. ‘I’m wrong’ are two little words that can help improve our own positive attitude.” – Richard M. DeVos
42. “Recognise that every interaction you have is an opportunity to make a positive impact on others.” – Shep Hyken
43. “What you do has far greater impact than what you say.” – Stephen Covey
44. “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do make a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” – Jane Goodall
45. “Never underestimate the valuable and important difference you make in every life you touch. For the impact you make today has a powerful rippling effect on every tomorrow.” – Unknown
46. “There’s no greater gift than thinking that you had some impact on the world, for the better.” – Gloria Steinem
47. “The world is a place that is so interconnected that what happens in another part of the world will impact us.” – Anthony Fauci
48. “If you think you’re too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito.” – Anita Roddick
49. “Your income reflects your self-identity. Your impact reveals your personal story.” – Robin S. Sharma
50. “A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” – Jackie Robinson
Be kind quotes to learn and live by
51. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” ― Plato
52. “Treat everyone with politeness and kindness, not because they are nice, but because you are.” ― Roy T. Bennett
53. “Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” ― Mark Twain
54. “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” ― Desmond Tutu
55. “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
56. “Be a little kinder than you have to.” ― E. Lockhart
57. “Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.” ― George Sand
58. “Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.” ― R.J. Palacio
59. “Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.” ― Kahlil Gibran
60. “But remember, boy, that a kind act can sometimes be as powerful as a sword.” ― Rick Riordan
Be Kind Quotes To Spread Love And Compassion
61. “Be kinder to yourself. And then let your kindness flood the world.” ― Pema Chodron
62. “Every act of kindness is a piece of love we leave behind.” ― Paul Williams
63. “If you want peace, be calm. If you want love, be loving. If you want kindness, be kind.” ― Mary Davis
64. “The wonderful thing is that it’s so incredibly easy to be kind.” ― Ingrid Newkirk
65. “Choose to be kind over being right and you’ll be right every time.” ― Richard Carlson
66. “Take care, be kind, be considerate of other people and other species, and be loving.” ― John Lithgow
67. “Kindness costs nothing, yet it is a most precious gift.” ― Katrina Mayer
68. “The truest greatness lies in being kind, the truest wisdom in a happy mind.” ― Ella Wheeler Wilcox
69. “To be kind is good. To be kind without expecting anything in return is better.” ― Tariq Ramadan
70. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.” ― Wendy Mass
How do you make a positive impact?
Being kind to others is a simple way to make a positive impact.
For example, a few years back one of my friends bought me a keychain as a souvenir during their vacation in Jamaica.
It was a complete surprise to me.
Today, I still carry that keychain with me.
When I look down at it, I’m reminded of their sheer kindness and our long-lasting friendship.
A seemingly small act of kindness can start a ripple effect that inspires other people to do the same.
Which of these be kind quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Drop us a comment and let us know!
May 15, 2022 5:00 AM EST