Overcome difficulties in life and achieve success with these blocked quotes.
This is why we have created a comprehensive list of the best blocked quotes.
In addition, we are also sharing about the obstacles that prevent you from reaching your goal.
You may also enjoy reading these related articles:
Different Types of Obstacles that Can Block Your Way to Success
Prepare to face challenges if you want to succeed in life.
This is because numerous obstacles could block your way to success.
Hence, it won’t be possible for you to reach your goals.
Listed below are some of these obstacles:
It is among the most significant hurdles to one’s success.
It is the fear of failure that holds a person back.
Sometimes, it could prevent an individual from pursuing his/her dreams.
However, there are certain ways to overcome fear.
For instance, you can get rid of your fear of challenges ahead by following the strategies listed below:
- Take small steps by breaking down big tasks into small ones.
- Make sure to celebrate your small achievements.
- Seek out the help of a mentor, coach, or experienced person.
Procrastination refers to a habit of delaying a task or implementing a strategy.
It could result from a lack of motivation.
To prevent this hurdle from blocking your way to success, create a plan and follow it diligently.
This also involves setting small deadlines for each task.
Besides, you also need to consider other underlying reasons for procrastination.
Lack of Motivation
It is another cause of a person’s failure to reach his/her goal.
Numerous factors can cause a lack of motivation.
A few of these include:
- Not satisfied with what you are doing.
- You don’t have a clear purpose for the task.
- Unable to face the challenges.
To overcome this blockade, you must value and connect your priorities with your goals.
To prevent yourself from failure, it is imperative to stay positive.
This is so, as negative thinking could serve as a major obstacle to anyone’s success.
The negative mindset of a person lowers self-confidence and results in low self-esteem.
You must set aside your negative thoughts and try to be positive to deal with this situation.
As a result, you can develop a strong urge to reach your goals.
Top 10 Blocked Quotes
Here are the top 10 blocked quotes for you to read and share.
1. “Reality is blocked by form and image.” — Rumi
2. “If there is no humility, love remains blocked.” — Pope Francis
3. “It’s not bad to get blocked; it’s terrible to stay blocked.” — Ken Norton, Jr.
4. “The best game plan in the world never blocked or tackled anybody.” — Vince Lombardi
5. “A vivid color-blocked tunic dress sets the perfect tone for Spring.” — Lubov Azria
6. “Once we have the infrastructure in Africa, it should not be blocked by borders.” — Jacob Zuma
7. “You can’t depend on special teams touchdowns and blocked punts every week to win.” — Rodney Harrison
8. “We killed five terrorists, one committed suicide, and the other 2 have been blocked by Twitter.” — Joseph Ole Lenku
9. “The light of love flows out of our soul, but often it is blocked by our fear to show it.” — Nichkhun
10. “Whatever is flexible and living will tend to grow; whatever is rigid and blocked will wither and die.” — Laozi
Blocked Quotes that are Amazing
Unblock your creativity with these amazing but overlooked quotes that can inspire and motivate you.
11. “How it seemed like you could see everything, but certain things were blocked out, hidden.” — Sarah Dessen
12. “If you feel blocked, do not turn to others, but look inside, in silence, for the enemy of your progress.” — Jeff Buckley
13. “Your fellowship with God flows freely when you’re willing to forgive, but it gets blocked by unforgiveness.” — Joyce Meyer
14. “It puts a ceiling on your progress. You’re blocked by your pride. To get good, you have to throw your board around and fall.” — Rodney Mullen
15. “Meditation is like a giant broom for sweeping away any stagnant or blocked energy that you may have buried deep in your body.” — Deborah King
16. “Persistence prevails, like a stream that is temporarily blocked by boulders and then collects force enough to overflow onward.” — Vernon Howard
17. “Allow for many paths to your goal. Do not fixate on one path, because then you are likely to give up when that path is blocked.” — Po Bronson
18. “Intuition is perception via the unconscious that brings forth ideas, images, new possibilities and ways out of blocked situations.” — Carl Jung
19. “To say a person is a coward has no more meaning than to say he is lazy: It simply tells us that some vital potentiality is unrealized or blocked.” — Rollo May
20. “Just as a strongly flowing fountain is not blocked up by a handful of earth, so the compassion of the Creator is not overcome by the wickedness of his creatures.” — Isaac of Nineveh
Blocked Quotes on Creativity & Art
The following quotes discuss creative blocks in arts & creativity.
21. “A lot of people who are depressed, I think, are suffering from blocked creativity.” — Patrick Califia
22. “Creativity is often blocked by trying to be perfect. Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” — Tony Robbins
23. “We all live in fear of getting blocked no matter what kind of art we’re trying to do. It happens all the time, but I prefer to think of it as a bad day.” — Kate DiCamillo
24. “Play, creativity, art, spontaneity, all these experiences are their own rewards and are blocked when we perform for reward or punishment, profit or loss.” — Stephen Nachmanovitch
Additional Quotes on Overcoming Blocks in Creativity
These quotes can help you unblock your creative juices.
25. “When your creative energy is flowing freely, often your finances are as well. If your energy is blocked, your money does too.” — Shakti Gawain
26. “I’ve always thought it was important not to attach too much superstition to the space where you’re writing because once you get into the mindset that you can only do it a certain way in a certain place, your creativity can get blocked.” — Sadie Jones
27. “That was one of the great pieces of wisdom that I got early on in my career in terms of being blocked. If you get to a creative roadblock, you can sit there and rack your brain.” — Dave Koz
28. “If you feel blocked, write through it until you feel your creative juices flowing again. Write.” — Anne Rice
29. “It turns out that creativity isn’t some rare gift to be enjoyed by the lucky few—it’s a natural part of human thinking and behavior. In too many of us, it gets blocked. But it can be unblocked.” — Tom Kelley
30. “If you are locked into a pattern of thinking and responding, your creativity gets blocked. You miss the freshness and magic of the moment. Learn to be innocent again, and that freshness never fades.” — Michael Jackson
Blocked Quotes on Life
When you hit a roadblock in your life, look at these quotes for some advice and motivation.
31. “I am personally convinced that no goal God has for my life is impossible, uncertain, nor can it be blocked.” — Neil T Anderson
32. “If you are in a situation with too many people in your life and you want to go into higher attention, look in the mirror. You are being blocked. Do something about it.” — Frederick Lenz
33. “Fear is like a giant fog. It sits on your brain and blocks everything – real feelings, true happiness, real joy. They can’t get through that fog.” — Albert Brooks
34. “The deduction of effect from cause is often blocked by some insuperable extrinsic obstacle: the true causes may be quite unknown.” — Carl Von Clausewitz
More Quotes on Unblocking Your Life
These quotes can help you unblock your life and get back on track.
35. “With the best intentions, the job of acting can become a display of accumulated bad habits, trapped instincts, and blocked energies.” — Alan Rickman
36. “You have plans, and you have dreams, but every now and again, you have to take uncharted roads, face impassable mountains, cross treacherous rivers, and be blocked by landslides and earthquakes.” — Lee Kuan Yew
37. “At the drabber moments of my life (swilling some excrement from the steps, for instance, or rooting with a bent coat-hanger down a blocked sink) thoughts occur like ‘I bet Tom Stoppard doesn’t have to do this’ or There is no doubt David Hare would have deputed this to an underling.’” — Alan Bennett
38. “This evolution towards a real responsibility for others is sometimes blocked by fear. It is easier to stay on the level of a pleasant way of life in which we keep our freedom and our distance. But that means that we stop growing and shut ourselves up in our own small concerns and pleasures.” — Jean Vanier
39. “The important parts you blocked out altogether, but the random, slanted moments haunted you, replaying over and over in your mind.” — Kami Garcia
40. “Writer’s block” sounds so dramatic and worrisome, and I don’t worry about it. I know deep down that I’m a writer, and it’s just a matter of time until it comes back, and when it does, it’ll be good like it’s always been.” — Mark Kozelek
Blocked Quotes on Work
The authors of the following quotes discuss their experiences with being blocked in relation to themselves, their work, and other work-related activities.
41. “It was one of those moments of perfect tiredness, of having conquered not only the work at hand but the night who had blocked the way.” — Markus Zusak
42. “Part of my journey is sort of learning the ways that I’m unconsciously blocked and trying to open them up. I’m a complete “work in progress” in that area.” — Lauren Bowles
43. “When blocked or defeated in an enterprise I had much at heart, I always turned immediately to another field of work where progress looked possible, biding my time for a chance to resume the obstructed road.” — Charles William Eliot
44. “A working brain is probably a lot like a map, where anybody can get from one place to another on the freeways. It’s the nonworking brains that get blocked, that have dead ends that are under construction like mine.” — Daniel Lavitin
45. “If something isn’t working, if you have a story that you’ve built and it’s blocked, and you can’t figure it out, take your favorite scene, or your very best idea or set-piece, and cut it. It’s brutal, but sometimes inevitable.” — Joss Whedon
Quotes to Help You Push Past Blocks
Overcome the blocks in your life and work with the following quotes.
46. “I’ve learned that I get blocked when my subconscious mind is telling me that I’ve taken the work in the wrong direction…” — Walter Jon Williams
47. “During one of the US elections, I actually went through my computer, and I blocked myself from looking at the major newspaper sites and Google News because I wasn’t getting any work done.” — Jimmy Wales
48. “Being blocked, being uncertain, sitting there not knowing, waiting, abiding with it: this is the work. If you don’t have tolerance for that, you’re in great trouble.” — Jonathan Lethem
49. “As a citizen, I might be well-behaved and have nothing salacious or radical about me, I might be a total bore, but I might suffer somehow if other people are being spied on and blocked from doing important work that might have a collective benefit down the road. The person doesn’t necessarily translate to the social.” — Astra Taylor
50. “You have to get through periods of being blocked. Everybody has them. For me, they have everything to do with self-doubt. It’s never a matter of laziness or inability. It’s just a matter of believing that what I’m doing is worthwhile, that it matters.I just make myself work. I just make myself go to work, whether I feel like it or not.” — David Small
Which One of these Blocked Quotes is your Favorite?
After going through our list of blocked quotes, you might have found a quote that is inspiring and worthy of sharing.
Besides, all these quotes are carefully curated to help you find your favorite blocked quote.
To help you with this, we have also divided our quotes into different sections.
Hence, finding a perfect quote won’t be an issue.
If you have encountered a blocked quote you like, let us know by commenting in the section below.
We would love to hear from you.