Tony Robbins Quotes on Personal Power, Motivation, and Life
A man who has inspired millions, allow these Tony Robbins quotes to trigger your motivation, too!
April 23, 2023 6:25 AM EST
Allow these Tony Robbins quotes on personal power, motivation, and life to help you tap into your own Everyday Power.
Tony Robbins is a man who has dedicated his life and made it his mission to uplift others so that they can achieve their maximum potential.
No matter who you are, you’ve heard of the many incredible things Tony Robbins has achieved.
His voice is instantly recognizable, and his words powerful, these Tony Robbins quotes are meant to be read on repeat!
Born Anthony J. Robbins in Glendora, California on February 29, 1960, Tony Robbins is a writer of several best-selling self-help books and a top motivational speaker.
Robbins has also coached several world leaders, including but not limited to: previous presidents George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton, Princess Diana, and former Soviet statesman Mikhail Gorbachev.
A study by the American Psychological Association found that people who regularly practice gratitude have better mental health, stronger relationships, and lower levels of stress and depression.
This supports Tony Robbins’ message that gratitude is a powerful tool for personal growth and fulfillment.
Who is Tony Robbins?
Tony Robbins reached celebrity status due in part to his highly publicized “fire walk” seminars.
In these seminars, he uses his theory of neuro-associative conditioning to train audience members and other participants.
Using his theory, he convinces them to walk barefoot over hot coals to supposedly prove that fear and inner self-doubt often are what holds people back from achieving their full potential.
This helps them overcome the things they consider to be impossible.
He also is the best-selling author of several self-help books, including Awaken the Giant Within and Unlimited Power.
Tony Robbins is also an extremely active philanthropist.
Each year, he feeds four million people spread across 56 countries.
He also sponsors and creates programs in schools, prisons, service organizations, and shelters.
Robbins provides fresh water to 100,000 people a day in India to combat waterborne diseases, which is the number one killer of children in that country.
In 2015 alone, he provided 59 million meals for people in the USA and matched funds to feed another hundred million through working with Feeding America.
Robbins is also the owner of several successful businesses and has been honored in several top lists, like the “Top 50 Business Intellectuals in the World” done by Accenture.
A recent cover of Fortune Magazine named him the “CEO Whisperer.”
Tony Robbins is inspirational because he uses his wealth and power for good.
He motivates people to better themselves, and makes sure to help the people who need it most.
So when it comes to the best Tony Robins quotes about living a life of fulfillment?
Here are his greatest sayings!
For further reading, check out our list of books on how to build self-esteem.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Tony Robbins quotes to inspire you to greatness
According to a survey by the Pew Research Center, 68% of adults in the U.S. say they have experienced a major life change in the past year, such as a job loss or health problem.
This statistic underscores the importance of resilience and the ability to adapt to change, which is themes often addressed by Tony Robbins.
1. “The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: Just imagine what you could do if you placed less limits on yourself. What about if you devoted more time and energy to your goals? Humans have been creating, imagining, and renovating the world for a long time. We have imagined up some crazy things and actually done them!
2. “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: We have all been here, too! Sometimes we get so focused on how we are going to reach our goals, that when one step doesn’t go well, we think the whole thing is doomed. This isn’t true! Sometimes, we just need to discover the ways we won’t get to the finish line. Just think of Edison and his myriad of ways to not make a light bulb.
You will also enjoy our article on I deserve better quotes.
3. “Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfillment.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: As people, we look for joy in a variety of places, things, and other people. However, learning to tap into who we really are and use the gifts we were given to help others, can make all the difference in our lives.
4. “The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: How can you use pain and pleasure? Well, think of those people you know (or have read about) who go through some of the worst stuff imaginable. They use their story to help others. Then there are people with similar stories who let the pain define who they are in maladaptive ways.
5. “Identify your problems, but give your power and energy to solutions.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: You have got to be able to name your fears and feelings in order to process them. However, rather than get caught up in how bad or scary these things are, devote your resources to developing a way to process or overcome them.
6. “Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: Life is something we should be grateful for. None of us know how long we will be here. So treat each day as a privilege. Think of it as an opportunity to leave your mark. Ask yourself what you will give back today!
You will also enjoy our article on quality quotes.
7. “A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: Action is the key to anything. Words matter, and they are important, but if you really want to move the needle toward success and fulfillment, then you have to do something. It doesn’t have to be something big, but do one thing everyday that gets you closer to living the life you want to lead!
You will also enjoy our article on rejection quotes.
8. “Live life fully while you’re here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You’re going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don’t try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: Perfection is an unrealistic goal. You can do your best, but you will not ever be perfect. Live your life knowing you did the best you could do. Make sure you experience things and don’t let fear hold you back. Learn from every failure and come back better. Read more about dealing with perfectionism in this article.
9. “If you can’t you must, and if you must you can.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: As Henry Ford said, “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you are right.” That is all the more reason why you should absolutely do something you think you can’t, because the truth is you can if you believe in yourself. If there is something that you simply must do, then you can do it! Humans are unstoppable with the right internal monologue!
Also check out our collection of wise David Goggins quotes to help you overcome any situation.
10. “I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: Look at your failures as an opportunity to learn what you need to know before achieving what you set out for. If it matters to you, don’t quit. Just recognize that life is setting you up for that perfect shot at a later date!
11. “The past does not equal the future.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: Our past failures or mistakes are not indicative of how your future endeavors will go. Hopefully, you learned a lesson the last time that will help you do better this time around. Walt Disney’s idea for Mickey Mouse and the theme parks was rejected by financiers over 300 times. Stephen King’s Carrie was rejected by publishers more than 30 times. They didn’t give up and neither should you!
12. “It is not what we get. But who we become, what
we contribute… that gives meaning to our lives.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: Sure, most of us like to get physical rewards for our hard work. Money and stuff are great things. However, they really are not the point. All that work, energy, dedication, and sacrifice shapes you will become. That is the most important mission each of us. Become the best version of you that you can be. Don’t get caught up in what you get.
13. “It’s not knowing what to do; it’s doing what you know.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: No one has a crystal ball that tells us how our plans are going to work out. We just have to take the risk. You can mitigate those risks by doing what you know. Do you know how to persevere, work hard, and stay focused? Can you use your other skills to create the life you want? Start doing what you know when you are faced with a problem, and watch how your life changes.
14. “Most people fail in life because they major in minor things.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: What kind of things do you “major” in? Are your biggest skills marketable or helpful toward creating the life you want? In today’s world you can really make almost any skill profitable! However, if you are majoring in things like comparison, regret, and comfort, take some time to switch your focus and improve your habits.
15. “It’s what you practice in private that you will be rewarded for in public.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: Who are you when no one is looking? No one might be looking right now, but these behaviors and choices you make define who you will become. They will impact how everyone sees you, when they do eventually look your way. Private habits that will lead you to success are kindness, dedication, belief in yourself, and the ability to take action.
16. “I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk. “– Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: Are you living life in alignment with your dreams, words, beliefs, and actions? You are the painter, the writer, and the director of your life. Make it as glorious as you wish. But do it by being your authentic self and living life in accordance with who you were meant to be.
17. “Leaders spend 5 percent of their time on the problem & 95 percent of their time on the solution. Get over it & crush it!” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: Take a moment to acknowledge your feelings and feel them. Understand what the problem is, and then start looking for a solution. ‘Get over it’ doesn’t have to mean something unsensitive and negative. However, at the end of the day if you want to move past something you are going to have to find a way to make peace with it or let it go. Focusing on the solution is a great way to do that!
18. “In life you need either inspiration or desperation.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: Inspiration is a powerful force that can motivate you to reach new heights and recognize your potential. It has a much more positive connotation than desperation. However, being desperate can show you what you are actually capable. It will reveal what you are truly willing to sacrifice so you can survive. Eventually, you could use that as inspiration and learn how to thrive.
19. “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: Every little decision we make has the power to shape our destiny. It is easy to see how the big decisions can impact your destiny. However, the little decisions and choices play a big role too. They build your beliefs, reinforce your thoughts, and lead you toward situations. Check out this article for more information about making decisions.
20. “It is not what we get. But who we become, what we contribute… that gives meaning to our lives.” – Tony Robbins
Everyday Application: Your life is not defined by the amount of stuff you have or the size of your house. It doesn’t matter what brand of clothes you wear or the type of car you drive. What matters is who you are, what you do, and how you shape the lives of the people around you. Focus on the things that matter and watch how much more meaning is present in your life.
Tony Robbins quotes to awaken your personal power
A study by the University of Bristol found that people who exercise during the workday report increased productivity, improved mood, and better time management skills.
This supports Tony Robbins’ emphasis on the importance of physical health as a foundation for personal growth and success.
21. “Let fear be a counselor and not a jailer. “– Tony Robbins
22. “Personal power is the ability to take action.” – Tony Robbins
23. “If you don’t set a baseline standard for what you’ll accept in life, you’ll find it’s easy to slip into behaviors and attitudes or a quality of life that’s far below what you deserve.” – Tony Robbins
24. “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” – Tony Robbins
25. “More than anything else, I believe it’s our decisions, not the conditions of our lives that determine our destiny.” – Tony Robbins
26. “It’s not what’s happening to you now or what has happened in your past that determines who you become. Rather, it’s your decisions about what to focus on, what things mean to you, and what you’re going to do about them that will determine your ultimate destiny.” – Tony Robbins
27. “Live with passion! “– Tony Robbins
28. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
29. “Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives.” – Tony Robbins
30. “Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.” – Tony Robbins
31. “Things do not have meaning. We assign meaning to everything.” – Tony Robbins
32. “I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” – Tony Robbins
33. “Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfillment.” – Tony Robbins
34. “The first thing these people have who succeed, who are fulfilled, is that they’ve decided what the purpose of the game is, at least for right now.” – Tony Robbins
35. “If I’m committed, there is always a way.” (He also says, “If we can (generate) the right emotion inside of us, we can get ourselves to do anything. If you don’t have the money, but you’re creative and determined enough, you’ll find the way.” – Tony Robbins
Tony Robbins quotes to help you become your best self
According to a study published in the Journal of Happiness Studies, individuals who set specific, challenging goals are more likely to experience positive emotions and overall life satisfaction.
This aligns with Tony Robbins’ emphasis on setting and achieving goals as a key component of personal growth and success.
36. “The more rules you have about how people have to be, how life has to be for you to be happy, the less happy you’re going to be.” – Tony Robbins
37. “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Tony Robbins
38. “Success is buried on the other side of frustration.” – Tony Robbins
39. “Nothing in life has any meaning except the meaning you give it.” – Tony Robbins
40. “Everybody’s got a past. The past does not equal the future unless you live it there.” – Tony Robbins
41. “At any moment, the decision you make can change the course of your life. FOREVER.” – Tony Robbins
42. “Things are only impossible until somebody does what another believes can’t be done.” – Tony Robbins
43. “There are no failures in life, just results.” – Tony Robbins
44. “When you are grateful, fear disappears & abundance appears.” – Tony Robbins
45. “Questions provide the key to unlocking our unlimited potential.” – Tony Robbins
46. “Why wait to be memorable?” – Tony Robbins
47. “Goals are like magnets. They’ll attract the things that make them come true.” – Tony Robbins
48. “The more rejection you get, the better you are, the more you’ve learned, the closer you are to your outcome… If you can handle rejection, you’ll learn to get everything you want.” – Tony Robbins
49. “Create a vision and never let the environment, other people’s beliefs, or the limits of what has been done in the past shape your decisions.” – Tony Robbins
50. “Trade your expectations for appreciation and the world changes for you.” – Tony Robbins
Tony Robbins quotes to elevate your mind
A study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology found that individuals who practice gratitude have higher levels of happiness and well-being.
This supports Tony Robbins’ message of practicing gratitude as a way to shift focus towards the positive aspects of life.
51. “Any time you sincerely want to make a change, the first thing you must do is to raise your standards.” – Tony Robbins
52. “Your income right now is a result of your standards, it is not the industry, it is not the economy.” – Tony Robbins
53. “If you talk about it, it’s a dream, if you envision it, it’s possible, but if you schedule it, it’s real.” – Tony Robbins
54. “There is no greatness without a passion to be great, whether it’s the aspiration of an athlete or an artist, a scientist, a parent, or a businessperson.” – Tony Robbins
55. “People are not lazy, they simply have impotent goals. That is goals that do not inspire them.” – Tony Robbins
56. “Whatever happens, take responsibility.” – Tony Robbins
57. “Success in life is the result of good judgment. Good judgment is usually the result of experience. Experience is usually the result of bad judgment.” – Tony Robbins
58. “Whatever you hold in your mind on a consistent basis is exactly what you will experience in your life.” – Tony Robbins
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of experience quotes that will inspire you to live a fulfilled life.
59. “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” – Tony Robbins
60. “Success is doing what you want, when you want, where you want, with whom you want, as much as you want.” – Tony Robbins
Thought-provoking Tony Robbins quotes
According to a survey conducted by the American Psychological Association, stress levels in the United States have increased over the past decade, with 45% of respondents reporting that they experience chronic stress.
Tony Robbins’ teachings on stress management and resilience can provide valuable tools for individuals looking to cope with stress and improve their overall well-being.
61. “We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish.”– Tony Robbins
62. “We will act consistently with our view of who we truly are, whether that view is accurate or not.” – Tony Robbins
63. “Begin to live as though your prayers are already answered.”– Tony Robbins
64. “Everybody’s life is either rewarding or an example.” – Tony Robbins
65. “It’s your unlimited power to care and to love that can make the biggest difference in the quality of your life.”– Tony Robbins
66. “Using the power of decision gives you the capacity to get past any excuse to change any and every part of your life in an instant.” – Tony Robbins
67. “To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.”– Tony Robbins
68. “When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears.” – Tony Robbins
69. “Leaders are those individuals who live by empowering beliefs and teach others to tap their full capabilities by shifting the beliefs that have been limiting them.”– Tony Robbins
70. “Where focus goes, energy flows.” – Tony Robbins
Tony Robbins quotes that will change the way you think
According to a study by Harvard Business Review, individuals who set specific goals for themselves are 10 times more likely to achieve them than those who don’t set any goals at all.
This statistic emphasizes the importance of goal-setting and how it can increase the likelihood of success in personal and professional endeavors.
71. “I can tell you the secret to happiness in one word: progress.” – Tony Robbins
72. “Belief in limits creates limited people.” – Tony Robbins
73. “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and start being excited of what could go right.” – Tony Robbins
74. “People love to say that knowledge is power. But the truth is that knowledge is only potential power.” – Tony Robbins
75. “Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.” – Tony Robbins
76. “Our entire life changes in a moment.” – Tony Robbins
77. “Most people overestimate what they can do in a year and they underestimate what they can do in two or three decades.” – Tony Robbins
78. “The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.” – Tony Robbins
79. “The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships.” – Tony Robbins
80. “The only thing that’s keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself.” – Tony Robbins
81. “The enemy of execution is complexity.” – Tony Robbins
82. “You get what you tolerate.” – Tony Robbins
83. “Heal the boy and the man will appear.” – Tony Robbins
More Tony Robbins quotes
Research by the University of Scranton found that only 8% of people actually achieve their New Year’s resolutions, with the majority of people giving up within the first few weeks.
This statistic highlights the difficulty in sticking to personal goals and can serve as motivation for readers to persevere despite challenges.
84. “Hunger is the only differentiation in people; it’s not talent.” – Tony Robbins
85. “The secret to living is giving.” – Tony Robbins
86. “If I could uncover what beliefs and values control me, I can literally redesign me.” – Tony Robbins
87. “Problems are not permanent. Only your soul is permanent.” – Tony Robbins
88. “Lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know.” – Tony Robbins
89. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” – Tony Robbins
90. “Breakthrough depends on your state, the story you tell yourself, and your strategies.” – Tony Robbins
91. “The quality of your life is determined by the quality of the questions you ask yourself.” – Tony Robbins
92. “If we don’t direct our own thoughts, we’ll fall under the influence of those who would condition us to behave in the way they desire.” – Tony Robbins
93. “Information without emotion isn’t retained.” – Tony Robbins
94. “If we can realize that life is always happening for us, not to us… game over, all the pain and suffering disappear.” – Tony Robbins
Which Tony Robbins quotes are your favorite?
Tell us in the comments below!
Want more quotes from a motivation professional?
Check out these William Arthur Ward Quotes!
August 6, 2021 at 6:38 PM
82. “You get what you tolerate.” – Tony Robbins
December 15, 2020 at 5:50 AM
Life Deserves for more of you to show up.
March 25, 2020 at 7:15 AM
Correct me if I am wrong as about 20 years ago I listened to Personal Power II and I believe that Tony said, “Be happy, even excited, if you are frustrated because that is the beginning of your motivation to change”
April 15, 2019 at 10:07 AM
Not for me.
April 11, 2019 at 7:12 AM
Is this one of Toney Robbins’ quotes? The words you attach to our experience becomes your experience.
February 9, 2019 at 4:09 AM
If you don’t set a baseline standard for what you’ll accept in life, you’ll find it’s easy to slip into behaviors and attitudes or a quality of life that’s far below what you deserve.” –
November 2, 2018 at 4:17 AM
I like this quotes: “Goals are like magnets. They’ll attract the things that make them come true.” Thanks for sharing these Inspiring quotes by Tony Robbins.