These crazy quotes are exactly what you need for when you catch yourself feeling crazy.
Share some of your favorite crazy quotes with us in the comment section below.
We all have so-called “crazy” thoughts or ideas.
You may imagine an absurd scenario or think of seeing something you would never see in physical reality.
You might imagine things you would say or do that you would not carry out in real life.
It is part of being human.
As we move forward, it is always beneficial to look back, reflect, analyze and improve upon what we learn.
When we look back in history, we see countless examples of brilliant people, revolutionary people, and game-changers who were called crazy by those around them who did not understand or perhaps were fearful of something different.
Humans are creatures of habit, and anything that goes against what we are accustomed to can seem crazy or out of sync with what we are used to.
Enjoy these crazy quotes and try to stay sane out there!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Short crazy quotes
1. “Sane is boring.” ― R. A. Salvatore
2. “Being crazy isn’t enough.” ― Dr. Seuss
3. “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.” — Hunter S. Thompson
4. “Crazy people don’t sit around wondering if they’re nuts.” — Jake Gyllenhaal
5. “Taking crazy things seriously is a serious waste of time.” ― Haruki Murakami
6. “The worst thing to call somebody is crazy. It’s dismissive.” — Dave Chappelle
7. “What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?” — Ursula K. Le Guin
8. “Sometimes it’s the crazy people who turn out to be not so crazy.” — Kevin Spacey
9. “Dreams are often most profound when they seem the most crazy.” — Sigmund Freud
10. “Is it so far from madness to wisdom?” (Daenerys Targaryen) ― George R. R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
You will also enjoy our article on Rodney Dangerfield quotes.
Funny crazy quotes that will make you crack up
11. “I’m crazy, but I’m not stupid.” — Jackie Chan
12. “It’s okay to be crazy, but don’t be insane.” — Sean Combs
13. “Isn’t it fun to be nuts? Isn’t it fun to be crazy?” — Adam West
14. “When you are crazy, you learn to keep quiet.” ― Philip K. Dick, VALIS
15. “On second thought, I think I am more crazy than my goat.” — Remedios Varo
16. “Of course I’m crazy, but that doesn’t mean I’m wrong.” — Robert Anton Wilson
17. “Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.” — Charles Bukowski
18. “If you’re going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it, or else you’re going to be locked up.” — Hunter S. Thompson
19. “My psychiatrist told me I was crazy, and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you’re ugly too.” — Rodney Dangerfield
20. “Here’s all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.” ― George Carlin, When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops?
Crazy quotes about thoughts and ideas
21. “Sometimes a crazy idea can make something special.” — Cory Barlog
22. “Do something. If it doesn’t work, do something else. No idea is too crazy.” — Jim Hightower
23. “The world has always gone forward when people have dared to have crazy ideas.” — Gioconda Belli
24. “The world of knowledge takes a crazy turn when teachers themselves are taught to learn.” — Bertolt Brecht
25. “If some crazy idea stays in my head for long enough, then there’s no fighting it. I just say, Okay, let’s go.” — Jeff Bridges
26. “I think everything starts with an idea. No matter how crazy it is, you should always try to bring it to life.” — Ann Makosinski
27. “Believe me. Nothing is more beautiful than to carry out crazy ideas. I’d like my whole life to be one single crazy idea.” — Milan Kundera
28. “Crazy ideas sometimes work, and the technological society that we have is built on a foundation of those crazy ideas that work.” — Nathan Myhrvold
29. “The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas, the world would have been more stupid.” — Arsene Wenger
30. “Initiate a practice of filling your creative thoughts to overflow with ideas and wishes that you fully intend to manifest. Honor your imaginings regardless of others seeing them as crazy or impossible.” — Wayne Dyer
Crazy quotes about people and our crazy world
31. “We live in a crazy world. You don’t know what’s going to happen.” — August Alsina
32. “There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy.” — Henry Miller
33. “This crazy world that looks like a lot of fun is also really stressful and crazy at times.” — Kevin Jonas
34. “I’ve never had any problem with crazy people. I like crazy people; I probably am a crazy person myself.” — Errol Morris
35. “If you dance alone on the streets, people might call you crazy, but when so many people dance together, it’s a party.” — Nia Sharma
36. “Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy.” — Nora Ephron
37. “Of course, there have been times when I’ve done crazy things. But I don’t think I’m crazy. I just grew up in a crazy world.” — Metta World Peace
38. “The world is a crazy, beautiful, ugly, complicated place, and it keeps moving on from crisis to strangeness to beauty to weirdness to tragedy.” — David Remnick
39. “Even though I’m often crazy—and I am, and I know it—still I fight it because I know how sterile, how futile, how bleak… Nothing grows from it, and you, meanwhile, only grow into it like a snail.” — Anne Sexton
40. “It’s unhealthy for people to never express any kind of negativity or doubt. To have balance, you need to address that side of your thoughts as well as the positive. Otherwise, you tend toward crazy.” — Shirley Manson
Crazy quotes that we can relate to
41. “I’m too old to do crazy things anymore.” — Rick James
42. “I’m weird, I do crazy things, it’s not like the average norm.” — Timbaland
43. “People fight, they get angry, they do drugs, and they do crazy things.” — Steven Adler
44. “There’s so many different multifaceted people populating this crazy world.” — Michael C. Hall
45. “If I had known being insane was so much fun, I’d have gone crazy long ago.” — Phylicia Rashad
46. “I used to irritate people. I’d give them a hard time, and when it drove them crazy, that was funny to me.” — Charlie Murphy
47. “The universe works in crazy ways. Your good luck will come in waves, and so does your bad, so you have to take the good with the bad and press forward.” — Nick Cummins
48. “I’m not shy about heated debate or passionate discourse, but when people get crazy or rude, that’s a buzz kill. There’s got to be a better code of conduct, some basic etiquette.” — Mos Def
49. “You can drive yourself crazy and tie yourself in knots trying to anticipate what someone’s going to like or not like. But pay too much mind to that, and you’ll wind up with a big pile of mush.” — Kevin Feige
50. “All of us have people in our lives who drive us crazy. We’ve spent hours reliving the unfair, unappreciative, inconsiderate treatment they have inflicted on us. But getting mad at this person makes just about as much sense as getting mad at a chair for being a chair.” — Marshall Goldsmith
What makes something crazy?
As Dave Chappelle said “The worst thing to call somebody is crazy. It’s dismissive.”
Defining something as crazy is a judgment.
We lose out on the potential of benefiting from knowledge or wisdom when we dismiss things as crazy.
Dr. George Washington Carver was called crazy when he said plants communicated with him.
He developed thousands of applications for peanuts, soy, and sweet potato that saved the economy of the entire southern United States.
The Wright brothers were called crazy because they said they could put a person on a machine and fly into the air until they did it.
Not that any of us have to be Dr. Carver or the Wright brothers, but it means that we have to be open to ideas that differ from ours.
It is important to not judge ourselves too harshly for random “crazy” thoughts.
Share some of your crazy thoughts with us in the comment section below.