Find out the relevance of the phrase what’s good for the goose is good for the gander with our do good quotes.
Is doing good beneficial?
Why do some people choose to do good while others do not?
These are questions that have baffled our species since our origin.
Discover the benefits of altruism with our do good quotes.
What does it mean to do good?
Everyone’s definition of doing good will vary; what is pleasing to one may not be desirable to another.
The idea of doing good is to remember that everyone is strong enough to help themselves and achieve their goals without hurting themselves or anyone else.
There are many benefits to doing good, some of which are:
- Increased feelings of contentment.
- The opportunity to develop closer bonds with others.
- Peace of mind as a result of standing on your integrity.
Is what’s good for the goose really good for the gander?
You have probably heard the above phrase about geese, but what does it mean?
The phrase what’s good for the goose is good for the gander means what is good for the individual is also good for the collective.
The phrase suggests that what is universally good for a person is usually universally good for the group.
Good hygiene, empathy, patience, and compassion are all universally positive things that are good for us as people and good for the group.
How do people do good?
There are as many ways to do good as there are people on our planet.
We have roughly eight billion folks, so that gives you an almost limitless amount of ways to do good.
The first step to doing good is remembering the golden rule from kindergarten:
Treat others the way you wish to be treated.
If you can apply the golden rule to life, you are halfway there on your mission to do good.
To learn more, check out our do good quotes below.
Short do good quotes about making a difference
We start our do good journey with these interesting quotes.
1. “If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope.” — Barack Obama
2. “Do all the good you can.” — Hillary Clinton
3. “Do your little bit of good where you are.” — Desmond Tutu
4. “Don’t wait for good things to happen to you.” — Barack Obama
5. “Good done anywhere is good done everywhere.” — Maya Angelou
6. “Doing good holds the power to transform us on the inside.” — Shari Arison
7. “You don’t have to choose between doing good and doing well.” — Tim Cook
8. “By doing good, we cultivate those that belong to humanity.” — Robert A. Heinlein
9. “Those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” — Desmond Tutu
10. “As long as you’re breathing, it’s never too late to do some good.” — Maya Angelou
The top do good quotes for motivated people
Doing good is infectious; it makes you and those around you feel amazing.
11. “Immortality is to live your life doing good things, and leaving your mark behind.” — Brandon Lee
12. “We all are Citizens of the World. What’s good for you, must be good for all.” — Chef José Andrés
13. “Doing well is the result of doing good. That’s what capitalism is all about.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “We have a duty to show up in the world with meaning and purpose and commitment to doing good.” — Meena Harris
15. “What greater bliss than to look back on days spent in usefulness, in doing good to those around us.” — Dorothea Dix
16. “How far that little candle throws its beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world.” — William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
17. “I think the best way of doing good to the poor is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it.” — Benjamin Franklin
18. “I am for doing good to the poor.” — Benjamin Franklin
19. “Doing good is more than just a commendable act; it’s a reflection of our innermost values and the manifestation of our shared humanity.” — Goodgoodgood
20. “I’d like to build a way for people doing good work to connect, to learn from each other, protect each other, and then I want to get out of their way.” — Craig Newmark
The best do good quotes for the sake of doing good
Some suggest that doing good should be the standard of how we treat each other.
21. “You can do good by the simple act of slipping into a t-shirt or a pair of jeans.” — Salman Khan
22. “I believe that every human mind feels pleasure in doing good to another.” — Thomas Jefferson
23. “Don’t worry about being a star. Worry about doing good work, and all that will come to you.” — Ice Cube
24. “Anything worth doing good takes a little chaos.” — Flea
25. “Being human is also about doing good.” — Shari Arison
26. “I only wish that ordinary people had an unlimited capacity for doing harm; then they might have an unlimited power for doing good.” — Socrates
27. “Doing Good is a simple and universal vision.” — Shari Arison
28. “When you’re doing good, everybody praises you.” — Ginuwine
29. “To be doing good deeds is man’s most glorious task.” — Sophocles
30. “He who is too busy doing good finds no time to be good.” — Rabindranath Tagore
Famous do good quotes and sayings to live by
Check out these exciting quotes about why it’s better to do good.
31. “Talent is given by God, but you should respect it by doing good work.” — Johnny Lever
32. “All those motivations are about looking good more than doing good.” — Kevin DeYoung
33. “A vision based on the belief that by doing good deeds, positive thinking and affirmative choice of words, feelings, and actions, we can enhance goodness in the world.” — Shari Arison
34. “Letting in the sunshine, and presenting to all who see it the evidence of its gladness, it is not only happy, but it has an unspeakable power of doing good.” — Orison Swett Marden
35. “You do more good to [the poor] by spending it in luxury, than by giving it; for by spending it in luxury, you make them exert industry, whereas by giving it, you keep them idle.” — Samuel Johnson
36. “The opportunity for doing mischief is found a hundred times a day, and of doing good once in a year.” — Voltaire
37. “I’m just living life and enjoying it. Alive, kicking, and doing good. That’s what a real winner is.” — Chamillionaire
38. “I try to keep in my mind the simple question: Am I trying to do good or make myself look good?” — Kevin DeYoung
39. “It wasn’t until I really started doing good and doing right, by other people as well as myself, that I really started to feel that guilt go away.” — Mark Wahlberg
40. “As long as your intentions are solid and about growth and progression and being productive and not being idle, then you’re doing good in my book.” — Frank Ocean
Do good quotes and sayings about life
We close our collection with these thoughtful quotes about doing good.
41. “You cannot spend money in luxury without doing good to the poor.” — Samuel Johnson
42. “I’m a firm believer in karma. By doing good, good things eventually find you.” — Chieh Huang
43. “If we want to see positive change in the world, then we need to connect to goodness.” — Shari Arison
44. “There is a sort of gratification in doing good which makes us rejoice in ourselves.” — Michel de Montaigne
45. “There’s a constant dialogue going on in my brain, and it’s just reminding me of all the failures that I have had, and all of the things I need to do, and all of the things I’m not doing good enough.” — Aubrey Plaza
46. “The best way to do ourselves good is to be doing good to others; the best way to gather is to scatter.” — Thomas Brooks
47. “I try in everything I do, both in business and philanthropy, to make a positive change and do that by doing good.” — Shari Arison
48. “Thinking good thoughts is not enough, doing good deeds is not enough, seeing others follow your good examples is enough.” — Douglas Horton
49. “It’s important to think good, speak good, and do good.” — Shari Arison
50. “The land of Beulah lies beyond the valley of the shadow of death. Many Christians spend all their days in a continual bustle, doing good.” — Adoniram Judson
How will you do good today?
How will you use today to do some good?
Be sure to tell us in the comments below.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Here’s how to get involved in social issues you care about. You can make things better for people in situations where they are powerless.
Do you ask your loved ones, “How was your day?” And each day, you get “fine.” Switch up how you ask, and their response will delight you!
Discovering your purpose when you feel like you have none can be tough – but it can be done. Maybe your life purpose has been with you all along.
Confused or wondering about what to do next in life? These five steps can help you on your way to figuring out your next steps.
Check out these related quote articles:
Life constantly offers valuable lessons that shape our journey and guide our growth.
Looking for inspirational be yourself quotes to encourage you? Here are some uplifting quotes about being yourself to inspire your best life.
Angels guard and protect us, communicate God’s message, watch over us, and are involved in our lives in many other ways.
Sometimes thinking outside of the box has the power to open a window of opportunity you may never have realized.