Regardless of your gender identity, these female empowerment quotes will have you roaring like a woman!
Women’s empowerment is essential for achieving gender equality, and it positively impacts society as a whole.
In this article, we will explore the importance of female empowerment and its benefits.
What are the benefits of reading female empowerment quotes?
Reading female empowerment quotes inspires us to support and empower the women in our lives in any way possible.
Some of the avenues for promoting female empowerment are:
- access to healthcare
- economic opportunities
- political representation
When we empower women in these areas, we enable them to become independent, self-sufficient, and successful.
Empowered women are more likely to advocate for their rights and the rights of others, which makes society better as a whole.
They are also more likely to contribute to the economic growth of their communities, which also benefits everyone.
One major barrier to female empowerment is gender-based violence and discrimination.
Efforts to combat these issues are essential for achieving gender equality, which is a basic human right.
This can mean supporting policies and initiatives that promote gender equality, speaking out against gender-based discrimination, and working to create a more equitable society.
Ultimately, female empowerment quotes will inspire us to take action to promote female empowerment and to work towards a more just and equal society.
Please enjoy these female empowerment quotes!
Short female empowerment quotes about being you
Let’s begin with quotes reminding women to be themselves.
1. “This is your moment. Own it.” — Oprah Winfrey
2. “The price way pay for being ourselves is worth it.” — Eartha Kitt
3. “I choose to make the rest of my life the best of my life.” — Louise Hay
4. “The only thing required to be a woman is to identify as one.” — Amanda Lovelace
5. “Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.” — Emily Dickinson
6. “We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.” — Maya Angelou
7. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” — Ayn Rand
8. “It’s hard not to be a fighter when you’re constantly under siege.” — Cassandra Duffy
9. “I try to live in a little bit of my own joy and not let people steal it or take it.” — Hoda Kotb
10. “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.” — Jennifer Lopez
The best quotes from women about creating change
Get inspired with these next female empowerment quotes about being the catalyst for change.
11. “I’m always perpetually out of my comfort zone.” — Tory Burch
12. “No one changes the world who isn’t obsessed.” — Billie Jean King
13. “We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” — Malala Yousafzai
14. “When I believe in something, I’m like a dog with a bone.” — Melissa McCarthy
15. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” — Florence Nightingale
16. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” — Amelia Earhart
17. “Nothing liberates our greatness like the desire to help, the desire to serve.” — Marianne Williamson
18. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” — Mother Teresa
19. “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” — Madonna
20. “Whatever the problem, be part of the solution. Don’t just sit around raising questions and pointing out obstacles.” — Tina Fey
Quotes about equality
Check out these quotes about women and feminism from strong female leaders.
21. “Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.” — Marie Shear
22. “I do not wish women to have power over men; but over themselves.” — Mary Shelley
23. “Each time a woman stands up for herself, she stands up for all women.” — Maya Angelou
24. “Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” — Helen Keller
25. “Feminism is not just about women; it’s about letting all people lead fuller lives.” — Jane Fonda
26. “I believe the rights of women and girls is the unfinished business of the 21st century.” — Hillary Clinton
27. “A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.” — Gloria Steinem
28. “I raise up my voice—not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard.” — Malala Yousafzai
29. “I’m not going to limit myself just because people won’t accept the fact that I can do something else.” — Dolly Parton
30. “I have chosen to no longer be apologetic for my femaleness and my femininity. And I want to be respected in all of my femaleness because I deserve to be.” — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
The top female empowerment quotes about strength
There is strength and power in being a woman and it’s our job to use that power for the betterment of all women.
31. “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” — Melinda Gates
32. “My coach said I run like a girl. And I said if he ran a little faster, he could too.” — Mia Hamm
33. “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” — Melissa Etheridge
34. “I am always busy, which is perhaps the chief reason why I am always well.” — Elizabeth Cady Stanton
35. “A woman is like a tea bag—you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
36. “If you’re someone people count on, particularly in difficult moments, that’s a sign of a life lived honorably.” — Rachel Maddow
37. “Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” — Serena Williams
38. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” — Ella Fitzgerald
39. “No woman should be told she can’t make decisions about her own body. When women’s rights are under attack, we fight back.” — Kamala Harris
40. “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story—I will.” — Amy Schumer
Female empowerment quotes and sayings about self-love
Complete the list with quotes to get you motivated to harness your power.
41. I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” — Emma Stone
42. “You deserve to be here. You deserve to exist. You deserve to take up space in this world of men.” — MacKenzi Lee
43. “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” — Jane Goodall
44. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant to be your own person, be independent.” — Ruth Bader Ginsburg
45. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” — Beyoncé
46. “I learned a long time ago that there is something worse than missing the goal, and that’s not pulling the trigger.” — Mia Hamm
47. “We’ve begun to raise daughters more like sons, but few have the courage to raise our sons more like our daughters.” — Gloria Steinem
48. “We need to encourage girls that their voice matters. I think there are hundreds and thousands of Malalas out there.” — Malala Yousafzai
49. “Instead of looking at the past, I put myself ahead twenty years and try to look at what I need to do now in order to get there then.” — Diana Ross
50. “Women have to harness their power—it’s absolutely true. It’s just learning not to take the first ‘no’. And if you can’t go straight ahead, you go around the corner.” — Cher
Which quote inspired you the most?
There are many ways in which reading female empowerment quotes can inspire and motivate us.
We hope they have inspired you to recognize the strength and resilience of women and support and empower the women in your lives.
You can learn more about female empowerment by checking out the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
If you found a quote in this list that really spoke to you, please share it with us in the comment section!
We would love to hear from you!
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
There are many ways to nourish your soul, from breathing and spending time with nature to volunteering; here are ten ways to start today.
Rather than doing nothing and getting sucked into a terrible rabbit hole, let’s explore ten ways to reinvent yourself so you – and your life – can become unstuck.
Nothing can break you once you read these inspirational poems!
Don’t let a busy schedule destroy your relationship—not just with your significant other but also with your connection with yourself.
Check out these related quote articles:
Here are some deep quotes from authors, sports figures, geniuses, and everyone in between!
Physical and emotional pain are an undeniable part of the human experience; these pain quotes prove it.
Life was meant to be enjoyed!
These quotes will not only give you the insight you need to identify fake friends, but they may also provide some comfort, knowing that you’re not alone in dealing with them.