These inspiring quotes about exploring, traveling, and adventure will make you want to see the world.
Getting to explore the globe and go on wild adventures is the best aspect of traveling. Check out these quotes about exploration and discovery to inspire your next vacation. These bold words will motivate you to venture beyond your comfort zone and try new things.
Why is it important to explore the world?
The drive to explore the world comes naturally for adventurers, travelers, and dreamers. If you experience wanderlust and a desire for the unknown, you’ll understand these words of wisdom. Share these explorer quotes with your adventurous friends and family who love to travel.
Exploring the great mysteries of the universe can be a thrilling quest. Keep the sayings and proverbs of experienced travelers in your mind as you begin your voyage. Their words will help you on your path to discovery and self-fulfillment. These explore quotes about travel and adventure are guaranteed to ignite your sense of wanderlust. Read these inspiring words below and embrace the life of exploration.
Explore quotes about travel and adventure
1. “You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.” – Terence McKenna
2. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.” – C. JoyBell C.
3. “I want to explore the world properly, to be able to write about and take pictures of all kinds of different cultures. Just be an explorer or adventurer.” – Cara Delevingne
4. “We need the tonic of wildness…At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us because unfathomable. We can never have enough of nature.” – Henry David Thoreau
5. “The greatest explorer on this earth never takes voyages as long as those of the man who descends to the depth of his heart.” – Julien Green
6. “As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts.” – Herman Melville
7. “We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T. S. Eliot
8. “I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was. Likewise, I never imagined that home might be something I would miss.” – Ransom Riggs
9. “Exploration of space is worth it because humans need to explore. Knowledge is always good, and it’s a really cool thing to see.” – Penn Jillette
10. “The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
Explore quotes to ignite your sense of wanderlust
11. “In wisdom gathered over time I have found that every experience is a form of exploration.” – Ansel Adams
12. “Success is an act of exploration. That means the first thing you have to find is the unknown. Learning is searching; anything else is just waiting.” – Dale Dauten
13. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustav Flaubert
14. “He who would travel happily must travel light.” – Antoine de St. Exupery
15. “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang
16. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
17. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” – James Michener
18. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
19. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.”- Anaïs Nin
Explore quotes to inspire your next adventure
21. “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.” – Irving Wallace
22. “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” – Lawrence Block
23. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
24. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
25. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
26. “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
27. “The best traveler is one without a camera.” – Kamand Kojouri
28. “The earliest memories I have of the ocean are actually stories – stories from my grandfather, the legendary ocean explorer and conservationist Jacques Cousteau. My passion for ocean conservation stems from learning at a very young age that we’re all connected; we’re all in this together.” – Philippe Cousteau, Jr.
29. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we would have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
30. “We only know a tiny proportion about the complexity of the natural world. Wherever you look, there are still things we don’t know about and don’t understand … There are always new things to find out if you go looking for them.” – David Attenborough
Explore quotes that will inspire you to travel the world
31. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Agustine of Hippo
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of travel quotes to inspire exploration and learning from others.
32. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
33. “Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.” – Alan Keightley
34. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen Covey
35. “I will go anywhere, provided it be forward.” – David Livingstone
36. “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain
37. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
38. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
39. “What is a Wanderess? Bound by no boundaries, contained by no countries, tamed by no time, she is the force of nature’s course.” – Roman Payne
40. “A great way to learn about your country is to leave it.” – Henry Rollins
Have you seen these hiking quotes for adventurers.
Quotes about exploring to inspire you
41. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
42. “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
43. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
44. “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.” – Edmund Hillary
45. “A ship in a harbor is safe, but it not what ships are build for.” – John A. Shedd
46. “I’m a wanderer. But I don’t wander to explore the outer physical world, I do it to explore the universe inside me.” – Appu Nirmal
47. “Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” – Frank Herbert
48. “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of eyes quotes about the power of sight.
49. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
50. “Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard
Don’t forget to also read these San Francisco quotes that capture the beauty of the city.
Adventurous explore quotes
51. “Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit.” – Frank Borman
52. “Those who do not know what is next for them ought to be explorers of themselves.”― Lidia Longorio
53. “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T.S. Eliot
54. “It is better to explore a gainful uncertainty than to sit in a painful certainty.”― Ogwo David Emenike
55. “Exploration is curiosity put into action.” – Don Walsh
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of curiosity quotes that will inspire you to learn more about the world around you.
56. “Enrich your life. Dream, explore and discover the unknown lands with new eyes, new lights and new truths.”― Amit Ray
57. “You cannot explore the universe if you think that you are the center of it.”― Joshua Suya Pelicano
58. “Every new moment holds a greater potential than the last. Explore it!”
― TemitOpe Ibrahim
59. “The more I travel, more I know that I know nothing.”― Dr Prem Jagyasi
60. “Explore the hidden depths of existence and have profound and revealing experiences.”― Jennifer Pierre
More explore quotes and sayings
61. “Life is an experiment in which you may fail or succeed. Explore more, expect least.” – Santosh Kalwar
62. “Explore, Experience, Then Push Beyond.” – Aaron Lauritsen
63. “When we allow ourselves to explore, we discover destinations that were never on our map.” – Amie Kaufman
64. “The more you explore, the more you learn and grow.” – Nitesh Nishad
65. “Travelling is therapy, where sorrows need no words for being expressed and healing needs no pills.” – Sachin Kumar Puli
66. “Go wide, explore and learn new things. Something will surely have a kick for you.” – Mustafa Saifuddin
67. “Let the sea breeze blow your hair, let the sunset bring tranquility to your heart, let the distant places you travel allow you to explore yourself.” – Somya Kedia
68. “Stand up; Grow up and Climb up. The reason why you can’t see farther and further is because you didn’t climb higher. Be willing to explore and be informed!” – Israelmore Ayivor
69. “Explore often. Only when you will know how small you are and how big the world is.” – Pradeepa Pandiyan
70. “Dare to explore the beautiful places of the world.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
Which of these brilliant explore quotes inspires you to travel the most?
These sayings about exploration and travel will make you want to see the world. If you desire to plan a vacation, freshen up your perspective, or broaden your horizons, heed the advice of these successful explorers.
The explore quotes above illustrate how exciting it is to go outside your comfort zone and experience new things. Keep an open mind about your travel aspirations and goals the next time you plan a trip.
The best quotes about exploration will inspire your wildest traveling dreams. The words of famous explorers will explain the power of wanderlust and the beauty of travel. You transform yourself and gain new experiences when you take the time to explore.
These quotes will inspire you to make new discoveries and push the boundaries. The desire to see the globe is hidden inside all of us, we just need to unlock it. Read these explore quotes to fuel your passion for endless adventure and new experiences.
What are your favorite explore quotes about travel and discovery? Let us know in the comment section below.
April 6, 2021 6:00 AM EST