These outdoor quotes will make you appreciate the power and beauty of nature.
Sight of nature and the great outdoors can be breathtaking and awe inspiring.
There’s beauty to be found in the forests, beaches, deserts, and all around the earth.
These outdoor quotes will inspire you to explore the globe and expand your horizons.
What are the benefits of being outdoors?
If you want to go on a real adventure, you’ll first have to push past the boundaries of your comfort zone.
Read this collection of nature and outdoor quotes to fuel your wanderlust and sense of exploration.
Whether you like hiking, camping, or sightseeing, being out in the wilderness can help you find peace.
These outdoorsy quotes will inspire you to explore the earth and form a bond with nature.
Once you understand the importance of connecting to our wild roots, you can experience true serenity.
Relax the body and the mind by going outside and enjoying the fresh air.
Share this collection of outdoor quotes with your friends and family for a daily dose of inspiration.
Don’t forget to also read these inspirational Earth Day quotes on leading an eco-friendly lifestyle.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Outdoor quotes on the beauty of nature
1. “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in tune once more.” – John Burroughs
2. “All those hours exploring the great outdoors made me more resilient and confident.” – David Suzuki
3. “In the presence of nature, a wild delight runs through the man, in spite of real sorrows.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on forest quotes.
4. “To be whole. To be complete. Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from.” – Terry Tempest Williams
5. “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and winds long to play with your hair.” – Kahli Gibran
6. “You never conquer a mountain. You stand on the summit a few brief minutes and then the wind blows away your footprints” – Arlene Blum
7. “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach of us more than we can ever learn from books.” – John Lubbock
8. “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.” – Henry David Thoreau
9. “There is pleasure in the pathless woods. There is rapture on the lonely shore. There is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea and music in its roar. I love not man the less, but Nature more.” – Lord Byron
10. “I go to nature every day for inspiration in the day’s work.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
You might also like these Vine quotes that will make you LOL
Outdoor quotes that will inspire you to expand your horizons
11. “We do not see nature with our eyes, but with our understandings and our hearts.” – William Hazlett
12. “Now I know the secret of making the best persons; it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the Earth.” – Walt Whitman
13. “I’d rather be in the mountains thinking of God than in church thinking about the mountains.” – John Muir
14. “The Antidote to exhaustion isn’t rest. It’s nature.” – Shikoba
15. “You don’t have to sit outside in the dark. If, however, you want to look at the stars, you will find that darkness is necessary. But the stars neither require nor demand it.” – Annie Dillard
16. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
17. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
18. “There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks. Most of the time we are simply not patient enough, quiet enough, to pay attention to the story.” – Linda Hogan
19. “Of all the things I’d been skeptical about, I didn’t feel skeptical about this: the wilderness had a clarity that included me.” – Cheryl Strayed
20. “It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men’s hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Also, see these hiking quotes for adventurers.
Outdoor quotes that will inspire you to explore the earth
21. “Spending time outdoors makes you feel great.” – Elizabeth Hurley
22. “Woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart.” – Hal Borland
23. “Come forth into the light things, let nature be your teacher.” – William Wordsworth
24. “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” – Edward Abbey
25. “Choose only one master – Nature” – Rembrandt
You might also like these inspirational sunflower quotes that are filled with life lessons.
26. “I have no problem with the adventure travel movement. It makes better, more sensitive people. If you get people diving on a coral reef, they’re going to become more respectful of the outdoors and more concerned with the threats that places like that face and they’re going to care more about protecting them than they would have before.” – Tim Cahill
27. “Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.” – Jimmy Carter
28. “To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” – Helen Keller
29. “The earth has music for those who listen.” – William Shakespeare
30. “The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world’s joy.” – Henry Ward Beecher
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of nature quotes about reconnecting with mother earth.
Outdoor quotes that will inspire you to go on a real adventure
31. “Nature has been for me, for as long as I remember, a source of solace, inspiration, adventure, and delight; a home, a teacher, a companion.” – Lorraine Anderson
32. “Adventure is worthwhile in itself.” – Amelia Earhart
33. “People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us.” – Iris Murdoch
34. “All forests have their own personality. I don’t just mean the obvious differences, like how an English woodland is different from a Central American rainforest, or comparing tracts of West Coast redwoods to the saguaro forests of the American Southwest … they each have their own gossip, their own sound, their own rustling whispers and smells. A voice speaks up when you enter their acres that can’t be mistaken for one you’d hear anyplace else, a voice true to those particular trees, individual rather than of their species.” – Charles de Lint
35. “The Wilderness holds answers to more questions than we have yet learned to ask.” – Nancy Wynne Newhall
36. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature–the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.” – Rachel Carson
37. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
38. “In nature, nothing is perfect and yet everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful.” – Alice Walker
39. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru
40. “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
You might also like these hunting quotes and sayings that will make you want to head outdoors.
Other inspiring outdoor quotes to heal your soul
41. “Nature contains that spirit and power which we can witness but not weigh, inwardly conceive but not comprehend, love but not limit, imagine, but neither define nor describe.” – T. E. Lawrence
42. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
43. “The sea is dangerous and its storms terrible, but these obstacles have never been sufficient reason to remain ashore … unlike the mediocre, intrepid spirits seek victory over those things that seem impossible … it is with an iron will that they embark on the most daring of all endeavors … to meet the shadowy future without fear and conquer the unknown.” – Ferdinand Magellan
44. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
45. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do then by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our explore quotes about nature, wander and new experiences.
46. “The outdoors, the beautiful environment, both in fresh and salt water. And the thing that concerns me is the amount of kids that stand on street corners, or go into pinball parlours, and call it recreation.” – Rex Hunt
47. “I’m happier and a better person when I work out, especially if I work out outdoors.” – Amy Jo Martin
48. “My wish is to stay always like this, living quietly in a corner of nature.” – Claude Monet
49. “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
50. “I love anything that involves the ocean. Swimming, snorkelling or surfing are all fun, which distracts from your mind that you are actually doing a workout. Being outdoors in the sun and the salt water is great for freeing your mind and feeling alive.” – Samantha Stosur
You might also like these John Muir quotes on the mountains of life.
More outdoor quotes and sayings
51. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Laozi
52. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” – Robert Frost
53. “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Mary Ritter Beard
54. “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
55. “Sometimes, the most productive thing that you can do is to step outside and do nothing… relax and enjoy nature.” – Melanie Charlene
56. “The stars were better company anyway. They were very beautiful, and they almost never snored.” – David Eddings
57. “Every step of the walk unburdens us of what we have just seen and thought while it simultaneously thrusts us into the previously unknown.” – Jeffrey Robinson
58. “He stood there a moment, listened to the creek, and let the mountain air blow against his face. Even with all this heartache, it was beautiful here.” – Eowyn Ivey
59. “I liked natural history. I liked the outdoors. And I found the sea quite interesting.” – Giles Deacon
60. “I love the outdoors. I love getting to hunt and fish and work on the land and ride our horses.” – Jake Peavy
Outdoor Quotes for Nature Lovers
61. “The wilderness holds answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.” – Nancy Newhall
62. “Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
63. “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit.” – Edward Abbey
64. “Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization.” – Charles Lindbergh
65. “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
66. “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” – Ashley Smith
67. “Not all who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
68. “Live the life you’ve dreamed.” – Henry David Thoreau
69. “No matter the risks we take, we always consider the end to be too soon, even though in life, more than anything else, quality should be more important than quantity.” – Alex Honnold
70. “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.” – Aristotle
Outdoor Quotes For a Healthy Living
71. “To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” ― Mary Davis
72. “Smart people that like good health spend several hours outdoors daily in the shade of trees.” ― Steven Magee
73. “If you seek creative ideas go walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.” ― Raymond I. OD Myers
74. “And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.” ― John Muir
75. “School rewards with a certificate; nature rewards with enlightenment.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
76. “After a day’s walk everything has twice its usual value.”— G. M. Trevelyan
77. “Be healthy by being outdoors in the natural daylight with nature!” ― Steven Magee
78. “You need to be outdoors. Away from here. You need a holiday.” ― Fennel Hudson
79. “I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.” ― Anne Frank
80. “I feel better when I am surrounded, not by humans, but by trees.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
Which of these outdoor quotes inspires you to go explore nature?
Being outside in the wilderness is incredibly healing for the soul.
Check out this list of adventurous quotes to reignite your love of the great outdoors.
Whether you’re enjoying the sun or snow, there’s nothing better than forming a connection with the earth.
If you want to get a fresh perspective on life, try spending time in nature.
These inspirational outdoor quotes will encourage you to live life to the fullest.
When you spend time with the sun, dirt, water, and air, your spirit becomes more free.
It’s important to remember our roots and reconnect with our most wild desires.
These outdoor quotes will inspire you to hike, camp, and explore nature.
Once you respect the power and beauty of the wilderness, you can heal yourself and expand your horizons.
Read these quotes about nature to fuel your imagination and inspire your dreams.
What are your favorite outdoor quotes and sayings about adventure and nature?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 25, 2022 5:00 AM EST