Free Quotes About Happiness and Adventure
September 8, 2022 7:00 AM EST
These free quotes will inspire you to live a happy life without stress or pain.
Living wild and free is the key to a happy life.
These inspirational quotes will encourage you to celebrate your freedom and follow your heart.
If you consider yourself to be a free spirit, you will love this collection of positive sayings.
Read these freedom quotes whenever you need to alleviate stress or uplift your spirit.
Are you ready to set yourself free?
It’s time to let your mind run wild with imagination.
You can achieve anything if you have the courage to chase your dreams.
These live free quotes will encourage you to follow your destiny.
Once you begin living for yourself, you will understand the true meaning of freedom.
If you have a free spirit, reading these inspirational quotes will unleash the love in your heart and the passion in your soul.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Free quotes about happiness and adventure
1. “The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” – Albert Camus
2. “When I discover who I am, I’ll be free.” – Ralph Ellison
3. “If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they’re yours; if they don’t they never were.” – Richard Bach
You will also enjoy our article on happy quotes about life.
4. “I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” – Robert A. Heinlein
5. “I was born on the prairies where the wind blew free and there was nothing to break the light of the sun. I was born where there were no enclosures.” – Geronimo
6. “No man is free who is not master of himself.” – Epictetus
7. “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.” – Lewis B. Smedes
8. “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” – James A. Garfield
9. “None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
10. “A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.” – John Stuart Mill
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about being happy.
Free quotes to unleash the love in your heart
11. “No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky.” – Bob Dylan
12. “When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free.” – Charles Evans Hughes
13. “The four characteristics of humanism are curiosity, a free mind, belief in good taste, and belief in the human race.” – E. M. Forster
14. “Only the disciplined ones in life are free. If you are undisciplined, you are a slave to your moods and your passions.” – Eliud Kipchoge
15. “We feel free when we escape – even if it be but from the frying pan to the fire.” – Eric Hoffer
16. “There is no must in art because art is free.” – Wassily Kandinsky
17. “Sometimes you’ve got to let everything go – purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything… whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.” – Tina Turner
18. “I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
19. “Surely the day will come when color means nothing more than the skin tone, when religion is seen uniquely as a way to speak one’s soul, when birth places have the weight of a throw of the dice and all men are born free, when understanding breeds love and brotherhood.” – Josephine Baker
20. “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” – Nelson Mandela
You will also enjoy our article on happiness quotes
Free quotes to celebrate your freedom
21. “Happiness can only be found if you can free yourself of all other distractions.” – Saul Bellow
22. “The truth is, no one of us can be free until everybody is free.” – Maya Angelou
23. “To be free and to live a free life – that is the most beautiful thing there is.” – Miguel Indurain
24. “I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.” – Michelangelo
25. “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
26. “It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.” – Voltaire
27. “There is no such thing as a little freedom. Either you are all free, or you are not free.” – Walter Cronkite
28. “The fight for freedom must go on until it is won; until our country is free and happy and peaceful as part of the community of man, we cannot rest.” – Oliver Tambo
29. “Ignorance has always been the weapon of tyrants; enlightenment the salvation of the free.” – Bill Richardson
30. “A man can be himself only so long as he is alone, and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom, for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
You will also enjoy our article on free spirit quotes.
Free quotes to encourage you to follow your heart
31. “Freedom has never been free.” – Medgar Evers
32. “To free us from the expectations of others, to give us back to ourselves – there lies the great, singular power of self-respect.” – Joan Didion
33. “Once you free your mind about a concept of music and harmony being correct, you can do whatever you want.” – Giorgio Moroder
34. “A man has free choice to the extent that he is rational.” – Thomas Aquinas
35. “Freedom isn’t free. It shouldn’t be a bragging point that ‘Oh, I don’t get involved in politics,’ as if that makes someone cleaner. No, that makes you derelict of duty in a republic. Liars and panderers in government would have a much harder time of it if so many people didn’t insist on their right to remain ignorant and blindly agreeable.” – Bill Maher
36. “You might as well expect rivers to run backwards as any man born free to be contented penned up.” – Chief Joseph
37. “Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn’t people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?” – Rose Kennedy
38. “Curly hair is not just a hairstyle: it’s kind of a lifestyle. There is something really free and careless about it and loose and kind of naughty. I love it.” – Inbar Lavi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of stylish hair quotes that will boost your confidence
39. “I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe it is better to know than to be ignorant.” – H. L. Mencken
40. “Every renaissance comes to the world with a cry, the cry of the human spirit to be free.” – Anne Sullivan
Other free quotes and sayings
41. “Free expression is the base of human rights, the root of human nature and the mother of truth. To kill free speech is to insult human rights, to stifle human nature and to suppress truth.” – Liu Xiaobo
42. “There are two freedoms – the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought.” – Charles Kingsley
43. “You only have power over people so long as you don’t take everything away from them. But when you’ve robbed a man of everything, he’s no longer in your power – he’s free again.” – Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
44. “I look my best when I’m totally free, on holiday, walking on the beach.” – Rosamund Pike
45. “The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on Earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule.” – Samuel Adams
46. “Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.” – Jim Morrison
47. “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.” – Muhammad Ali
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Muhammad Ali quotes on life, love and being a champion.
48. “Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages.” – Terry Pratchett
49. “The free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it – basically because you feel good, very good, when you are near or with them.” – Charles Bukowski
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Charles Bukowski quotes to help you see life from a brand new perspective.
50. “I would like to be remembered as a person who wanted to be free… so other people would be also free.” – Rosa Parks
Free quotes on the price we pay to attain it.
51. “It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.” – Chuck Palahniuk
52. “Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.” – Frederick Douglass
53. “People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.” – Søren Kierkegaard
54. “Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” – Denis Diderot
55. “There’s no such thing as a free lunch.” – Milton Friedman
56. “The more you try to control something, the more it controls you. Free yourself, and let things take their own natural course.” – Leon Brown
57. “Life is too short to carry the burden of a heavy heart. It does not serve you or anyone else. Free yourself through the power of forgiveness and compassion.” – David Simon
58. “We must be free, but to have real freedom, you must be wild and free yourself.” – Bryant H. McGill
59. “Be in this moment, and free yourself of striving for something more or someone else.” – Wayne Dyer
60. “It takes a huge effort to free yourself from memory, but when you succeed, you start to realize that you’re capable of far more than you imagined.” – Paulo Coelho
Free quotes about free will and how it shapes everything around us
61. “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” – Charlotte Brontë
62. “Fate and free will are equally powerful forces but I consider free will to be more important as it is your free will that determines your fate.” – Vyasa
63. “A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.” – Albert Einstein
64. “None but ourselves can free our minds.” – Bob Marley
65. “We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.” – Ayn Rand
66. “Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
67. “Free speech is not just another value. It’s the foundation of Western civilization.” – Jordan Peterson
68. “Free will carried many a soul to hell, but never a soul to heaven.” – Charles Spurgeon
69. “Look for good things about where you are, and in your state of appreciation, you lift all self-imposed limitations – and all limitations are self-imposed – and you free yourself for the receiving of wonderful things.” – Esther Hicks
70. “Overcome your uncertainties and free yourself from dwelling on sorrow. When you delight in existence, you will awaken, and become a guide to those in need, revealing the path to many.” – Gautama Buddha
Free Quotes To Have A Free Spirit
71. “In my free time I am changing the world.” ― Steven Magee
72. “Whoever is free has found freedom in faith.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
73. “The mere existence of alternatives is not . . . enough to make my action free.” ― Isaiah Berlin
74. “We are free because we are willing to defend our freedoms to the death.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
75. “You can be free without knowing you are free and vice versa.” ― Aniekee Tochukwu Ezekiel
76. “Lighters are free, they never belong to anyone.” ― Alain Bremond-Torrent
77. “Whoever wishes to be free must pursue faith.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
78. “Happy and free like a bumblebee.” ― Independent Zen
79. “Smile, it’s free makeup.” ― Khalid Masood
80. “To be found is to be trapped; to be lost is to be free.” ― Marty Rubin
What are your favorite free quotes about living a wild life full of love and adventure?
Do you fantasize about living life like a free spirit, with no stress, pain, or care in the world?
These inspirational quotes will make you want to throw caution to the wind and live without regrets.
Read this collection of free quotes to encourage yourself to chase your dreams.
Life is short, so embrace your freedom and follow your heart.
When you feel trapped or oppressed, it’s difficult to reach your full potential.
The feeling of true freedom has the ability to uplift your spirit.
These set yourself free quotes will make you want to spread your wings and fly.
Nourish your spirit and spread the love to your friends and family by sending them your favorite quotes from this inspirational collection.
What are your favorite free quotes and sayings that keep you feeling happy and positive?
Let us know in the comment section below.