Experience is something only gained through life. These experience quotes will open your eyes to what the meaning of life might truly be: to live. When we live a full life, we will be able to gain success in self-development, in career, and in learning.
What is there to be learned from life’s experiences?
As these experience quotes will show you, life is about, well, allowing it to happen, and then allowing yourself to learn from the events that have happened to you.
You simply cannot develop as a human being without experience, as that is the only way to grow—through pain, through learning, and through struggles, as well as through love, happiness, and pleasure. These things make us human, and it’s our humanity that allows us to pass our experiences on so that others may learn from them.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking experience quotes, sayings, and proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also read these Dave Ramsey quotes for living successfully.
Experience Quotes About the Adventure of Life
1. “We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – TS Eliot
2. “Love, like everything else in life, should be a discovery, an adventure, and like most adventures, you don’t know you’re having one until you’re right in the middle of it.” – EA Bucchianeri
3. “Sometimes the only way to ever find yourself is to get completely lost.” –Kellie Elmore
4. “I’ve got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom.” –Thomas Carlyle
5. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
6. “All your life you’re yellow. Then one day, you brush up against something blue, the barest touch, and voila, the rest of your life you’re green.” – Tess Callahan
7. “Life is just like a voyage where the waves of time push us forward.” –Abrar Ahmed Chowdhury
8. “The easiest way to be reborn is to live and feel life everyday.” – Munia Khan
9. “One learns from books and example only that certain things can be done. Actual learning requires that you do those things.” – Frank Herbert
10. “Life is about experience… you can’t hold onto everything.” – Sarah Addison Allen
11. “How would your life be different if… you decided to give freely, love fully, and play feverously? Let today be the day… you free yourself from the conditioned rules that limit your happiness and dilute the beautiful life experience. Have fun. Give—Love—Play!” – Steve Maraboli
12. “The formula of life is simple. It is the formula of giving—giving courage, attention, peace, love and comfort to yourself and the society.” –Amit Ray
13. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children or men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.” – Helen Keller
14. “The circumstances surrounding your birth is not as important as the opportunity to live life.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
Also check out these wallpaper quotes to inspire your life.
Experience Quotes About Learning from Life
15. “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” – Carl Gustav Jung
16. “Freedom is what we do with what is done to us.” – Jean-Paul Sartre
17. “Good judgement comes from bad experience. Unfortunately, most of that comes from bad judgement.” – Jill Shalvis
18. “Life has a meaning but no not set out to find out. Just live it out.” –Bangambiki Habyarimana
19. “Life is a tapestry woven by the decisions we make.” – Serrilyn Kenyon
20. “The price of a memory, is the memory of the sorrow it brings.” – Pittacus Lore
21. “Sometimes it’s the mistakes that turn out to be the best parts of life.” –Carrie Ryan
22. “Whatever life throws at me, I’ll take with a smile upon my face and Nirvana’s ‘Bleach’ on the stereo.” – Mark R. Faulkner
23. “I am glad that I paid so little attention to good advice; had I abided by it I might have been saved from some of my most valuable mistakes.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
24. “Life isn’t sure, life is scary, it doesn’t mean you stop living it.” – Susan May Warren
25. “My burden is my purpose. Without it, I wouldn’t be.” – Solange Nicole
26. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. “The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of life, the clearer we should see through it.” – Jean-Paul Sartre
28. “Life is spectacular. Forget the dark things. Take a drink and let time wash them away to where ever time washes away to.” – Tim Tharp
29. “Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.” – Brian Rathbone
30. “If you are under the impression you have already perfected yourself, you will never rise to the heights you are no doubt capable of.” – Kazuo Ishiguro
31. “I walked a mile with Pleasure; She chatted all the way; But left me none the wiser for all she had to say. I walked a mile with Sorrow; And ne’er a word said she; But, oh! The things I learned from her, when Sorrow walked with me.” – Robert Browning Hamilton
Experience Quotes About Career
32. “A little talent is a good thing to have if you want to be a writer. But the only real requirement is the ability to remember every scar.” – Stephen King
33. “We are all rich and ignore the buried fact of accumulated wisdom.” –Ray Bradbury
34. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
35. “If you don’t feel it, flee from it. Go where you are celebrated, not merely tolerated.” – Paul F Davis
36. “Find out what you like doing best, and get someone to pay you for doing it.” – Katherine Whitehorn
37. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
38. “The future depends on what you do today.” – Mahatma Gandhi
39. “Write your own book instead of reading someone else’s book about success.” – Herb Brooks
40. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey
You might also like these life is short quotes about happiness, death, and more.
Experience Quotes About Being Human
41. “Never respond to an angry person with a fiery comeback, even if he deserves it… don’t allow his anger to become your anger.” – Bohdi Sanders
42. “The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.” – William Blake
43. “Focus on making yourself better, not on thinking that you are better.” –Bohdi Sanders
44. “Time ripens all things; no man is born wise.” – Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
45. “I can’t tell if she’s actually real, or if she’s stopped caring if she’s real or not. Or is not caring what makes a person real?” – Jennifer Egan
46. “Not feeling is no replacement for reality. Your problems today are still your problems tomorrow.” – Larry Michael Dredla
47. “I used to think I knew what was right and what was wrong, and who the good guys are, and who the bad guys are. Then the world got very gray, and I didn’t know anything for a long time.” – Laurell K Hamilton
48. “Every life is different because you passed this way and touched history.” – Barbara Kingsolver
49. “A mature soul filled with scars of life experiences.” – Toba Beta
50. “I quite enjoy the lines on my forehead because they show my life. That’s my history and I like to see that in other people. Like this wrinkle is due to some girl who broke my heart. I don’t want to escape it in any way.” –Michael Fassbender
51. “Old folks live on memory, young folks live on hope.” – Gayla Reid
What did you learn from these experience quotes?
Experience is the root of a fulfilled life. The experience quotes above remind us to take past experiences and turn them into life lessons. When we take our experiences and allow them to lead to wisdom, we will be able to grow in our lives and feel less stuck.
So, what is the best way to interpret our unique experiences? Life experiences are simply lessons designed to help us grow into new versions of ourselves. The best way to create a life we feel is important is to allow our experiences to build upon each other. This way, we can keep changing, and keep creating better selves to learn from.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these experience quotes and sayings? Do you have any other enlightening quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.