Godly Quotes About Choosing A Godly Life
April 28, 2023 6:00 AM EST
If you are looking for quotes from people trying to live a godly life, you will love these Godly Quotes!
According to dictionary.com, godly means “conforming to the laws and wishes of God.”
You may also enjoy these related articles:
If you are looking to live a godly life, then you are conforming to the doctrine of God and striving to follow His teachings.
Some examples of personality traits of godly living are:
There are many other godly traits, but the above list is a good example of the kind of person living a Godly life.
Every person striving to live a godly life might be at a different level of maturity, but to become more godly over time, make sure to spend time reading and reflecting on God’s word.
Take a look at these Godly Quotes to learn more about people living a godly life.
Godly Quotes to Live By
Enjoy reading these quotes about living a godly life.
1. “People see God every day; they just don’t recognize him.” — Pearl Bailey
2. “Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants.” — William Penn
3. “God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” — Billy Graham
4. “Never trust anyone completely but God. Love people, but put your full trust only in God.” — Lawrence Welk
5. “God will meet you where you are in order to take you where He wants you to go.” — Tony Evans
6. “If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
7. “God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile.” — Max Lucado
8. “We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him. He walks everywhere incognito.” — C.S. Lewis
9. “Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.” — Abraham Lincoln
10. “God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself.” — Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Best Quotes for Living a Godly Life
If you’re looking to learn how to live a more godly life, these quotes are for you.
11. “God is bigger than people think.” — Jimmy Dean
12. “The always win who side with God.” — Frederick William Faber
13. “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.” — Albert Einstein
14. “Whatever comes from God is impossible for a man to turn back.” — Herodotus
15. “God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.” — John Piper
16. “What God intended for you goes far beyond anything you can imagine.” — Oprah Winfrey
17. “There’s only one effectively redemptive sacrifice, the sacrifice of self-will to make room for the knowledge of God.” — Aldous Huxley
18. “God is the friend of silence. See how nature—trees, flowers, grass—grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls.” — Mother Teresa
19. “The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be.” — Anne Frank
20. “My trust in God flows out of the experience of his loving me, day in and day out, whether the day is stormy or fair, whether I’m sick or in good health, whether I’m in a state of grace or disgrace. He comes to me where I live and love me as I am.” — Brennan Manning
Bible Verses and Godly Quotes to Live By
These Bible verses share insight on living godly.
21. “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” — Matthew 19:26
22. “Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.” — 2 Timothy 3:12
23. “Having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people” — 2 Timothy 3:5
24. “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” — Matthew 6:33
25. “We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.” — 2 Corinthians 10:5
26. “Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.” — 2 Corinthians 7:1
27. “Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him because we shall see him as he is.” — 1 John 3:2
28. “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.” — 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
29. “But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.” — Jude 1:20-21
30. “Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.” — 1 Timothy 4:7-8
Godly Quotes to Grow Your Faith
These quotes can help lead you and grow your faith to live a godly life.
31. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.” — Augustine
32. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” — Corrie ten Boom
33. “Always, everywhere God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one.” — A.W. Tozer
34. “Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.” — Rabindranath Tagore
35. “Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.” — Martin Luther
36. “The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.” — Søren Kierkegaard
37. “To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.” — C.S. Lewis
38. “The greater your knowledge of the goodness and grace of God on your life, the more likely you are to praise Him in the storm.” — Matt Chandler
39. “Every happening, great and small, is a parable whereby God speaks to us, and the art of life is to get the message.” — Malcolm Muggeridge
40. “The Bible is one of the greatest blessings bestowed by God on the children of men. It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth without any mixture for its matter. It is all pure.” — John Locke
Powerful Godly Quotes to Remember
Keep these quotes in mind as you seek to align your life with God’s will.
41. “Do your best and let God do the rest.” — Ben Carson
42. “God is in no hurry; His plans are never rushed.” — Michael R. Phillips
43. “There is no one who is insignificant in the purpose of God.” — Alistair Begg
44. “With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end.” — Henry Ford
45. “The great thing to remember is that though our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not.” — C.S. Lewis
46. “I sought to hear the voice of God and climbed the topmost steeple, but God declared: ‘Go down again—I dwell among the people.’” — John Henry Newman
47. “If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” — C.S. Lewis
48. “Throughout life, people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you, too.” — Will Smith
49. “Because God is never cruel, there is a reason for all things. We must know the pain of loss; because if we never knew it, we would have no compassion for others, and we would become monsters of self-regard, creatures of unalloyed self-interest.” — Dean Koontz
50. “God who is eternally complete, who directs the stars, who is the master of fates, who elevates man from his lowliness to Himself, who speaks from the cosmos to every single human soul, is the most brilliant manifestation of the goal of perfection.” — Alfred Adler
What if I Feel Life I Cannot Live Up to the Perfection of God?
Many people feel overwhelmed by trying to live a perfect life, but being perfect like God is impossible for us.
Instead of striving for perfection, our goal should be to become more like God by trying to model the character of God and become more godly over time.
Please share these Godly Quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about living a godly life in the comment section below.