50 Health is Wealth Quotes To Help Prioritize Being Well
September 8, 2022 8:00 AM EST
These health is wealth quotes will break down just how valuable your health is.
Now, most of us know that our health matters. We even try to do things to improve it.
You might be in the process of trying to eat healthier or exercise more.
Maybe you are trying to stay calmer and manage your blood pressure.
Despite these great habits, and annual attempts to improve, many people take their health for granted.
Maybe you have a bad habit that you just haven’t been able to quit.
Or, maybe you are working a ridiculous amount of hours just to make the ends meet at the end of the month.
You might not realize how damaging your actions are to your health.
Sure, we all need money because we live in a society that deems it necessary.
However, do you need as much as you think you do?
Are you working yourself to death and missing out on things in your life trying to chase down wealth?
All the money in the world won’t do you a bit of good if you work yourself into an early grave.
You can not take your money with you when you die.
All those nice things you bought? They don’t go with you either!
Long hours, hard physical labor, and stress are all things that will damage your health.
Keep reading through the health is wealth quotes below to get a better understanding of just what this phrase means.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Wise health is wealth quotes
These health is wealth quotes will make you evaluate how important your health is. Questioning your current priorities is always a good exercise for your mind.
1. “The greatest health is wealth.” — Virgil
You will also enjoy our article on healthy eating quotes.
2. “Good health is true wealth.” — Urijah Faber
You will also enjoy our article on healthcare quotes.
3. “The first wealth is health.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on health quotes.
4. “If you’re healthy, you’re wealthy.” — Yiddish Proverb
You will also enjoy our article on money quotes.
5. “Happiness lies, first of all, in health.” — George William Curtis
6. “You can’t enjoy wealth if you’re not in good health.” — Unknown
7. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” — Jim Rohn
8. “He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything.” — Thomas Carlyle
9. “So many spend their health gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth to regain their health.” — A.J. Materi
10. “The wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings. Let food be your medicine.” — Hippocrates
Health is wealth quotes about the value of your health
We often don’t recognize the value of something until it is on or in jeopardy. Our health can be something we take for granted, but these quotes show just how valuable your health is!
11. “Health is the greatest of human blessings.” — Hippocrates
12. “Health is not valued until sickness comes.” — Thomas Fuller
13. “Health is a priceless wealth. Invest while you can.” — Bryant McGill
14. “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” — Mahatma Gandhi
15. “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” — Winston S. Churchill
16. “Good health is a crown on the head of a well person that only a sick person can see.” — Rohit Sharma
17. “When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost.” — Billy Graham
18. “Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” — Denis Waitley
19. “Today, be thankful and think how rich you are. Your family is priceless, your time is gold, and your health is wealth.” — Zig Ziglar
20. “If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want.” — Elbert Hubbard
Health is wealth quotes about money
Most people think about money, investments, and things with monetary value when they think about wealth. These health is wealth quotes will give you a new perspective!
21. “Your health is an investment, not an expense.” — Unknown
22. “All the money in the world can’t buy you back good health.” — Reba McEntire
23. “Your composite health is directly proportional to your composite wealth.” — Anthony Pan
24. “Health is like money; we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.” — Josh Billings
25. “Eating healthy can cost you money, but eating unhealthy can cost you your life.” — Unknown
26. “To get rich, never risk your health. For it is the truth that health is the wealth of wealth.” — Richard Baker
27. “Money is the most envied, but the least enjoyed. Health is the most enjoyed but the least envied.” — Charles Caleb Colton
28. “Your health is a focused investment of time and energy. It doesn’t have to come with crippling financial debt unless you allow it.” — BeU
29. “Look to your health; and if you have it, praise God and value it next to conscience; for health is the second blessing that we mortals are capable of, a blessing money can’t buy.” — Izaak Walton
30. “Economists are coming to acknowledge that measures of national wealth and poverty in terms strictly of average income tell you little that is significant to the health or viability of a society.” — Rowan Williams
Health is wealth quotes about happiness and our overall well-being
Are you trying to live a happier life? Working on improving your health can have a profound impact on your well-being.
31. “Humor and health, the staples of wealth.” — S. Austin
32. “The wealthiest thing to have right now is a piece of mind.” — Unknown
33. “True wealth is having your health and knowledge of self.” — Benjamin Franklin
34. “When you ask people what affects their wellbeing most, they think of health and wealth.” — Tom Rath
35. “Health is the soul that animates all the enjoyments of life, which fade and are tasteless without it.” — Seneca
36. “Happiness is the new rich. Inner peace is a new success. Health is new wealth. Kindness is the new cool.” — Unknown
37. “Give a man health and a course to steer, and he’ll never stop to trouble about whether he’s happy or not.” — Unknown
38. “To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” — Buddha
39. “Nor love, not honor, wealth, or power can give the heart a cheerful hour When health is lost. Be timely wise; With health, all taste of pleasure fly.” — John Gay
40. “When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot become manifest, strength cannot be exerted, wealth is useless, and the reason is powerless.” — Herophilos
Health is wealth quotes about being healthier or wealthier
These health is wealth quotes are all about things you can do to be healthier or wealthier. A few examples include getting enough sleep, eating well, and being active!
41. “Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” — Benjamin Franklin
42. “Health is wealth. Peace of mind is happiness. Yoga shows the way.” — Vishnudevananda Saraswati
43. “The core benefit of eating right is having the energy to meet your dreams and to live a fulfilling life.” — Tony Robbins
44. “The foundation of success in life is good health: that is the substratum fortune; it is also the basis of happiness.” — P.T. Barnum
45. “The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.” — Mark Twain
46. “Wealth is a means to an end, not the end itself. As a synonym for health and happiness, it has had a fair trial and failed dismally.” — John Galsworthy
47. “Take all that is given, whether wealth, love, or language, nothing comes by mistake, and with good digestion, all can be turned to health.” — George Herbert
48. “The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body, the better you feel, and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results.” — Tony Robbins
49. “Poor health is not caused by something you don’t have; it’s caused by disturbing something that you already have. Health is not something you need to get; it’s something you have already if you don’t disturb it.” — Dean Ornish
50. “Treat your body like a temple, not a woodshed. The mind and the body work together. Your body needs to be a good support system for the mind and the spirit. If you take good care of it, your body can take you wherever you want to go, with the power and strength and energy and vitality you will need to get there.” — Jim Rohn
Practical ways that health is wealth
Did the health is wealth quotes resonate with you? Are you getting sick a lot?
Suffering from headaches or other physical ailments? Have you had trouble sleeping?
These are all symptoms of stress, and they are also reasons people go to the doctor.
Going to the doctor will cost you money, even with great insurance.
If you have no insurance or bad insurance, then these doctor trips are so expensive you might even choose not to go—until you get so sick it has to be dealt with.
By prioritizing your health over your quest for wealth, you can actually feel better and not spend money on physicians.
The hard truth here is that many of us will be so focused on money and wealth that we neglect our bodies.
Sometimes we downright abuse them. When you are young, you might not realize it.
However, the moment you have your first serious health scare, you will realize just how important it is.
Without good health, you might not be able to work at all. Hell, you might just die.
Then what would happen? Your employer will replace you, and your family will mourn their loss.
Don’t let neglecting your health be something you regret.
We only get this one body, and taking care of it should be a top priority.
Share your thoughts about how health is wealth with us in the comment section below!
Stay well out there!