Everyone loves a good scare, and these horror movie quotes will give you a good fright!
Horror movies are a genre that aims to frighten and/or disgust the audience for entertainment purposes.
Horror movies love to explore dark and scary subjects and take them to the extreme to increase the fear factor.
Horror movies started in silent films and German Expressionism but did not become considered a movie genre until after Dracula in 1931.
Although the horror movie genre is popular everywhere, it is especially prominent in Korea, Italy, Japan, and Thailand.
Enjoy reading these horror movie quotes and see if your favorite horror movie is included in the quotes below.
Famous horror movie quotes
If you are a fan of horror movies, you have most likely heard these quotes!
1. “I want to play a game.” — Jigsaw, Saw (2004)
2. “It’s alive!” — Victor Frankenstein, Frankenstein (1931)
3. “I never drink … wine.” — Count Dracula, Dracula (1931)
4. “What’s your favorite scary movie?” — Ghostface, Scream (1996)
5. “You’re going to need a bigger boat.” — Martin Brody, Jaws (1975)
6. “A boy’s best friend is his mother.” — Norman Bates, Psycho (1960)
7. “They’re all going to laugh at you.” — Margaret White, Carrie (1976)
8. “They’re coming to get you, Barbara.” — Johnny, Night of the Living Dead (1968)
9. “He’s gone! He’s gone from here! The evil is gone!” — Dr. Loomis, Halloween (1978)
10. “Mrs. MacNeil, the problem with your daughter is not her bed. It’s her brain.” — Dr. Klein, The Exorcist (1973)
Check out our collection of scary Twin Peaks quotes if you enjoy this article.
Horror movie quotes from some of your favorite horror films
We have collected quotes from some of your favorite horror movies below.
11. “My family’s always been in meat.” — The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
12. “Movies don’t create psychos; movies make psychos more creative.” — Scream (1996)
14. “You shouldn’t have buried me. I’m not dead.” — Freddy Krueger, A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master
15. “I do wish we could chat longer, but I’m having an old friend for dinner.” — Hannibal Lecter, The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
16. “I’ve seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly.” — Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)
17. “I met this six-year-old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face and the blackest eyes—the Devil’s eyes.” — Dr. Loomis, Halloween (1978)
18. “You’re talking about him as if he were a human being. That part of him died years ago.” — Dr. Loomis, Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
19. “Even a man who is pure at heart and says his prayers at night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.” — The Wolf Man (1941)
20. “I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I’d rather not spend the rest of this winter tied to this f**king couch!” — Garry, The Thing (1982)
Success of the horror movie
Not only have horror movies become successful at the box office, but many popular horror films have become franchises with multiple movies.
After reading the horror movie quotes and sayings, do you have a favorite movie or franchise?
Please share with your friends and family that love a good scare!
Post any comments below in the comments section.
January 11, 2023 6:05 AM EST