These June quotes will have you falling in love with summertime all over again.
It’s no wonder we get excited when we flip the calendar from May to June. June marks the beginning of summer, and what’s not to love about that? Summer is the time of family vacations, beach trips, swimming pools, and ice cream. As kids, we loved summer because it was time away from school. As adults, we love summer because it is more time to spend with our family.
What’s your favorite thing about June?
The days are longer in the summer, the nights are warmer, and people just seem to be happier. There’s a reason for that. In the summer we spend more time outside, whether in the pool, in our gardens, or engaging in a fun outdoor activity.
The extra time in the sun creates more Vitamin D in our system which reduces depression. So not only is summertime nostalgic and fun, but its good for us too!
Our list of 50 June quotes will bring out the June bug in you and get you just as excited for summer as we are here at Everyday Power. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to also check out these summer quotes celebrating sunny days.
June quotes about the joys of summer
1. “It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.” – Maud Hart Lovelace
2. “Far up in the deep blue sky, Great white clouds are floating by; All the world is dressed in green; Many happy birds are seen, Roses bright and sunshine clear Show that lovely June is here.” — F. G. Sanders
3. “June suns, you cannot store them.” – A.E. Housman
4. “Queens are born in June.” – Unknown
5. “People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.” – Anton Chekhov
6. “One benefit of summer was that each day we had more light to read by.” – Jeannette Walls
7. “And what is so rare as a day in June? Then, if ever, come perfect days.” – James Russell Lowell
8. “And since all this loveliness cannot be Heaven, I know in my heart it is June.” – Abba Woolson
9. “Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June.” – Al Bernstein
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of spring quotes celebrating life, love and change.
10. “I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” – L. M. Montgomery
11. “June had drawn out every leaf on the trees.” – Virginia Woolf
12. “What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.” – Gertrude Jekyll
13. “How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flown. How did it get so late so soon?” – Dr. Suess
14. “June is the gateway to summer.” – Jean Hersey
June quotes about loving summer
15. “A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawnmower is broken.” – James Dent
16. “A cold in the head in June is an immoral thing.” – L.M. Montgomery
17. “No price is set on the lavish summer; June may be had by the poorest comer.” – James Russell Lowell
18. “Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink in the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. “I realized June had never been just a month.” – Sanober Khan
20. “Goodnight, June.” – Marie Lu
21. “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.” – Wallace Stevens
22. “It is better to be a young June bug than an old bird of paradise.” – Mark Twain
23. “In summer, the song sings itself.” – William Carlos Williams
24. “It’s a cruel season that makes you get ready for bed while it’s light out.” – Bill Watterson
25. “The castle grounds were gleaming in the sunlight as though freshly painted; the cloudless sky smiled at itself in the smoothly sparkling lake, the satin-green lawns rippled occasionally in a gentle breeze: June had arrived.” – J.K. Rowling
26. “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of summer quotes to celebrate the season of outdoor exploration and fun.
June quotes about budding romances
27. “Oh, my love’s like a red, red rose, That’s newly sprung in June.” – John Barrowman
28. “Even the illusion of June is enough to send a stabbing pain through my chest.” – Marie Lu
29. “I have laughed more than daffodils and cried more than June.” – Sanober Khan
30. “Her love was entire as a child’s, and though warm as summer it was fresh as spring.” – Thomas Hardy
31. “June will break your heart. I can see it already. She’ll shatter you into a million pieces.” – Marie Lu
32. A life without love is like a year without summer.” – Swedish Proverb
33. “There are moments, above all on June evenings, when the lakes that hold our moons are sucked into the earth, and nothing is left but wine and the touch of a hand.” – Charles Morgan
34. “If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.” – Bernard Williams
June quotes about gardening
35. “In June, as many as a dozen species may burst their buds on a single day. No man can heed all of these anniversaries; no man can ignore all of them.” – Aldo Leopold
36. “In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explodes, and every sunset is different.” – John Steinbeck
37. “It is dry, hazy June weather. We are more of the earth, farther from heaven these days.” – Henry David Thoreau
38. “June falls asleep upon her bier of flowers.” – Lucy Larcom
39. “All June I bound the rose in sheaves. Now, rose by rose, I strip the leaves.” – Robert Browning
40. “Do not the bright June roses blow to meet thy kiss at morning hours?” – William C. Bryant
41. “It is the month of June, the month of leaves and roses, when pleasant sights salute the eyes and pleasant scents the noses.” – Nathaniel Parker Willis
42. “On this June day, the buds in my garden are almost as enchanting as the open flowers. Things in bud bring, in the heat of a June noontide, the recollection of the loveliest days of the year, those days of May when all is suggested, nothing yet fulfilled.” – Francis King
More June quotes
43. “June falls asleep upon her bier of flowers; In vain are dewdrops sprinkled o’er her, in vain would fond winds fan her back to life, her hours are numbered on the floral dial.” – Lucy Larcom
44. “Green was the silence, wet was the light, the month of June trembled like a butterfly.” – Pablo Neruda
45. “June has never looked more beautiful than she does now, unadorned and honest, vulnerable yet invincible.” – Marie Lu
46. “Do what we can, summer will have its flies.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
47. “At midnight, in the month of June, I stand beneath the mystic moon.” – Edgar Allan Poe
48. “It is June. I am tired of being brave.” – Anne Sexton
49. “I know well that the June rains just fall.” – Onitsura
50. “To read a poem in January is as lovely as to go for a walk in June.” – Jean Paul Sartre
Do you love the summer?
June marks the beginning of summer and there are so many reasons to love that. We all have nostalgic memories of when we were kids and what we did in the summer to kill time before school started again.
June offers the perfect weather for outdoor activities like swimming, gardening, picnics, and biking. It is even the perfect month for romance. A walk with your partner on a warm June night is about as romantic as you can get. There’s a reason why June is the most popular month for weddings.
So, whether we’ve brought out the June bug in you, or if you still need a little more coaxing, we hope that you enjoyed these June quotes and sayings. Let us know which one you liked best in the comment section below.
June 1, 2020 7:37 AM EST