These nostalgic July quotes will bring back memories of summer vacations and will remind you what you can still enjoy about the summer even now.
Close your eyes.
Think about July.
What do you see?
Fireworks burst into spirals of color high up in the dark sky.
What do you smell?
Chlorine from the pool as you climb up to the water slide.
What do you feel?
A roughness in your hands as you grasp the old tire swing rope tied to the tree in your front yard and the dirt squelching between your bare toes before you pull back to swing.
What do you taste?
The cool, sweet, cherry flavor of a popsicle melts in your hand while you wait for dad to finish grilling.
What do you hear?
Your friends calling your name from the driveway, it’s time to play outside.
The summer often brings back nostalgic memories of days long gone.
After all, for many years, July meant long, hot days with nothing to do but play outside.
Now, it too often means nothing but more monotonous days of work.
For adults, three joyous summer vacation months are a thing of the past.
But that doesn’t mean we can’t remember the good old times.
Don’t forget to also read these August quotes celebrating the Sunday of summer.
July quotes about loving summer
1. “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” – Sam Keen
2. “The Summer looks out from her brazen tower, Through the flashing bars of July.” – Francis Thompson
3. “Hot July brings cooling showers, Apricots and gillyflowers.” – Sara Coleridge
4. “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.”- Wallace Stevens
5. “It’s summer and time for wandering…” – Kellie Elmore
6. “A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.” – Earl Wilson
7. “I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.” ― Kellie Elmore
8. “Rejoice as summer should…chase away sorrows by living.” ― Melissa Marr
9. “In summer, the song sings itself.” – William Carlos Williams
10. “Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.” – Russell Baker
11. “July is a blind date with summer.” – Hal Borland
12. “A lot of parents pack up their troubles and send them off to summer camp.” – Raymond Duncan
13. “It’s a sure sign of summer if the chair gets up when you do.” – Walter Winchell
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of summer quotes to celebrate the season of outdoor exploration and fun.
July quotes to relate to life
14. “Some of the best memories are made in flip flops.” ― Kellie Elmore
15. “Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.”- Hosea Ballou
16. “Summer has filled her veins with light and her heart is washed with noon.”- C. Day Lewis
17. “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” ― John Steinbeck
18. “July, that lovely hell, all velvet dresses and drapes stuffed into a hot little hole.” – Laura Kasischke
19. “Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well.” ― George R.R. Martin
20. “Do what we can, summer will have its flies.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by.” ― Jeannette Walls
23. “Summer has always been my favorite season. I feel happier.” — Zooey Deschanel
24. “Summertime is always the best of what might be.” ― Charles Bowden
25. “Summer is singing with joy, and the beaches are inviting you with dancing waves.” — Debasish Mridha
July quotes about summer romance
26. “Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair…” – Susan Polis Schutz
27. “If summer had one defining scent, it’d definitely be the smell of barbecue.” — Katie Lee
28. “Summertime and the livin’ is easy.” – Porgy and Bess
29. “I like summer. I like warmer weather and long days.” — Danielle Steel
30. “A man says a lot of things in summer he doesn’t mean in winter.” ― Patricia Briggs
31. “Summer bachelors like summer breezes, are never as cool as they pretend to be.” ― Nora Ephron
32. “Why is summer mist romantic and autumn mist just sad?” – Dodie Smith
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Autumn quotes that show the beauty of the season.
33. “I know I am but summer to your heart, and not the full four seasons of the year.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
34. “A life without love is like a year without summer.” – Swedish Proverb
Funny July quotes
35. “Every July, I look forward to taping a Christmas show – in July in Nashville. In 98-degree weather. I love it.” – Larry the Cable Guy
36. “A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawnmower is broken.” – James Dent
37. “Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer’s day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
38. “No bought potpourri is so pleasant as that made from ones own garden, for the petals of the flowers one has gathered at home hold the sunshine and memories of summer, and of past summers only the sunny days should be remembered.” – Eleanor Sinclair-Rhode
39. “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
40. “If June was the beginning of a hopeful summer, and July the juice middle, August was suddenly feeling like the bitter end.” – Sarah Dessen
41. “In the old parts of Nice, the family tables are out in the cobbled streets so that you can’t drive past. They insist you join them at midnight on a hot July evening. So that’s just what you do, abandoning the car.” – Mary Quant
42. “I drifted into a summer-nap under the hot shade of July, serenaded by a cicadae lullaby, to drowsy-warm dreams of distant thunder.” –Terri Guillemets
43. “Being a traditionalist, I’m a rabid sucker for Christmas. In July, I’m already worried that there are only 146 shopping days left.” – John Waters
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of funny Christmas quotes about the power of humor during the holiday.
July Quotes about happiness
44. “But here I am in July, and why am I thinking about Christmas pudding? Probably because we always pine for what we do not have. The winter seems cozy and romantic in the hell of summer, but hot beaches and sunlight are what we yearn for all winter.” – Joanna Franklin Bell
45. “Tis now the summer of your youth: time has not cropped the roses from your cheek, though sorrow long has washed them.” – Edward Moore
46. “In June we picked the clover, and sea-shells in July: There was no silence at the door, No word from the sky. A hand came out of August and flicked his life away: We had not time to bargain, mope, Moralize, or pray.” – Cecil Day-Lewis
47. “In the long dusks of summer, we walked the suburban streets through scents of maple and cut grass, waiting for something to happen.” ―Steven Millhauser
48. “When the sun is shining, I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
49. “In the old parts of Nice, the family tables are out in the cobbled streets so that you can’t drive past. They insist you join them at midnight on a hot July evening. So that’s just what you do, abandoning the car.” – Mary Quant
50. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.”- John Lubbock
51. “If I had my way, I’d remove January from the calendar altogether and have an extra July instead.” – Roald Dahl
More July quotes and sayings
52. “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
53. “Freedom is the oxygen of the soul.” – Moshe Dayan
54. “I always have the most fun on the Fourth of July. You don’t have to exchange any gifts. You just go to the beach and watch fireworks. It’s always fun.” – James Lafferty
55. “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men and women are created equal.” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton
56. “Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have.” – Harry Emerson Fosdick
57. “Live in each season as it passes: breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit.” – Henry David Thoreau
58. “The sunlight that has brought life and healing to you has brought stripes and death to me. This Fourth of July is yours, not mine.” – Frederick Douglass
59. “After winter comes the summer. After night comes the dawn. And after every storm, there comes clear, open skies.” – Samuel Rutherford
60. “The noise from good toast should reverberate in the head like the thunder of July.” – E. V. Lucas
July quotes that will brighten your day
61. “They talk about big skies in the western United States, and they may indeed have them, but you have never seen such lofty clouds, such towering anvils, as in Iowa in July.” ― Bill Bryson
62. “We spent June and July in the Rockies, growing stronger, feeling feral in the untamed range of mountains.” ― Aspen Matis
63. “As a British person living in the USA, I keep a low profile on Independence Day, July 4th.” ― Steven Magee
64. “Julia, I almost wish we were butterflies living an eternal summer. Today is the first day of August; it is no longer July. Summer passes, and Summer friends will melt away like snow in spring.” ― Rolf van der Wind
65. “Then came July like three o’clock in the afternoon, hot and listless and miserable.” ― Allie Ray
66. “I have always had a certain aversion to heat. And for me, the name of the game on the stage is ‘beat the heat.’ It’s always July under the lights.” ― Bob Weir
67. “Every summer, around late July and into August, I find myself in Europe, performing at any festival that will have me.” ― Henry Rollins
68. “July is hot afternoons and sultry nights and mornings when its joy just to be alive. July is a picnic and a red canoe and a sunburned neck and a softball game and ice tinkling in a tall glass. July is a blind date with summer.” ― Hal Borland
69. “There comes a time when people get tired of being pushed out of the glittering sunlight of life’s July and left standing amid the piercing chill of an alpine November.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
4th of July quotes about America
71. “America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.”— President Harry S. Truman
72. “Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall.” – John Dickinson
73. “America is a tune. It must be sung together.”— Gerald Stanley Lee
74. “I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.” – Wendell L. Wilkie
75. “I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”—Patrick Henry
76. “The United States is the only country with a known birthday.” – James G. Blaine
77. “Ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.” – John F. Kennedy
78. “America means opportunity, freedom, power.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
79. “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
80. “We hold our heads high, despite the price we have paid, because freedom is priceless.” – Lech Walesa
July quotes about summer vacations
81. “Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun.” – Brian Wilson
82. “We can’t possibly have a summer love. So many people have tried that the name’s become proverbial. Summer is only the unfulfilled promise of spring, a charlatan in place of the warm balmy nights I dream of in April. It’s a sad season of life without growth…It has no day.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of spring quotes celebrating life, love and change.
83. “Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons. But when all is said and done, they have one thing in common: They are shooting stars-a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity. And in a flash, they’re gone.” – Nicholas Sparks
84. “I could taste the salt on her lips, each kiss like a summer wave breaking on an empty beach.” ― Michael Faudet
85. “Sweet, sweet burn of sun and summer wind, and you my friend, my new fun thing, my summer fling.” – K.D. Lang
86. “The serene philosophy of the pink rose is steadying. Its fragrant, delicate petals open fully and are ready to fall, without regret or disillusion, after only a day in the sun. It is so every summer. One can almost hear their pink, fragrant murmur as they settle down upon the grass: ‘Summer, summer, it will always be summer.'” – Rachel Peden
87. “Working is bad enough in the winter, but in the summer it can become completely intolerable. Stuck in airless offices, every fiber of our being seems to cry out for freedom. We’re reminded of being stuck in double maths while the birds sing outside.”- Tom Hodgkinson
88. “In the summer, the days were long, stretching into each other. Out of school, everything was on pause and yet happening at the same time, this collection of weeks when anything was possible.” ―Sarah Dessen
89. “My life, I realize suddenly, is July. Childhood is June, and old age is August, but here it is, July, and my life, this year, is July inside of July.” – Rick Bass
90. “He who marvels at the beauty of the world in summer will find equal cause for wonder and admiration in winter.”- John Burroughs
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of winter quotes celebrating the changes of the season.
What is your favorite July memory?
July is in the middle of summer.
By this time, it’s too hot to work.
It’s too hot to do anything but play in the water.
Take some time this July to remember what it was like to be carefree as a child.
If you can, take a day off work to have some good old-fashioned summertime fun.
So, whether you’re cooling off in your pool, heading for the beach, or are going to let go of your inner child and run barefoot through the sprinklers, we hope you take some time to have fun this July.
Did you enjoy these July quotes and sayings?
Which quote did you like the most?
Let us know in the comments below.
September 25, 2022 5:00 AM EST