These lavender quotes about how wonderful it smells might just convince you to plant some today!
Lavender is a beautiful aromatic plant with many healing and restorative properties.
Is it easy enough to grow and maintain in your own garden?
Well, if you live in a hot dry climate, you are in luck!
Lavender needs full sun and drained low fertile soil to grow.
Lavender plants are pretty low maintenance since they don’t need water very often.
The smell of lavender is one of the reasons people use it for self-care.
The fragrance from the oils of the lavender plant can help promote calmness and wellness.
It’s thought to help reduce stress and anxiety.
You should be able to use some of these lavender quotes for some relaxing Instagram shots!
The color lavender is also really pretty, as you can tell from these lavender quotes about the color.
It’s also mentioned by several famous poets, like William Shakespeare.
Take a deep breath, maybe light a lavender candle, and enjoy these lavender quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these fruit quotes about nature’s candy.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Famous Lavender quotes about self-care
1. “I put a drop of lavender essential oil on my pillow before I go to sleep.” — Melissa Joan Hart
2. “If you had to choose an oil…it would have to be lavender essential oil, because it is antibacterial and antiviral. So, it’s great to have when people around you are sick; it can also be used to relax.” — Karen Rose
3. “One trick I swear by: I pour a little neroli or lavender oil onto a hot towel and use it to wipe off my makeup. It opens up my pores, and then my face cream sinks in better.” — Courteney Cox
You will also enjoy our article on candle quotes.
4. “Before bed, I read a book or flip on the radio – I’m not picky, I’ll just turn it on and see what comes up. I burn a yummy lavender- scented candle.” — Carrie Underwood
5. “As a kid I’d play with homemade recipes, like putting pineapple on my face to exfoliate my skin and doing facial steams with lavender or peppermint oils. I just loved doing stuff like that. It’s what motivated me to launch my skin care line.” — Demi Lovato
You will also enjoy our article on purple quotes.
6. “Avoid men who call you Baby, and women who have no friends, and dogs that scratch at their bellies and refuse to lie down at your feet. Wear dark glasses; bathe with lavender oil and cool fresh water. Seek shelter from the sun at noon.” — Alice Hoffman
7. “I take my metal canister of tea off the shelf. It is my own mixture of dried lavender blossoms and lemon balm, harvested from my garden and hung in the storeroom to dry. Weed helped me hang these stalks, I think. His hands touched these tender leaves, just as they touch me.” — Maryrose Wood
8. “Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you’re laughing at it.” — Bill Bailey
9. “Lavender in the hut, fertility beads under the mattress, a dreamcatcher by the plunge pool, oyster appetizers every afternoon, and a Michael Bolton love mix.” — Rachel Van Dyken
You will also enjoy our article on skincare quotes.
Lavender quotes and captions about colors
10. “Lavender is the new pink. I’ll never stop wearing pink but I wanted to venture out.” — Nicki Minaj
11. “When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?” — Shel Silverstein
12. “Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. It’s the time of day when the sky looks like it has been spray-painted by a graffiti artist.” — Mia Kirshner
13. “My favorite name for a color is “puce.” It’s kind of a dried blood color. It’s a hideous color. But I love the word. It’s so euphonic. But my favorite colors are lavender, purple, periwinkle blue, and white.” — Elizabeth Taylor
14. “The white pure sheet of her life had thunderous and royal purple lavendar pride with a golden heart.” — Dr. Zainab Ansari
15. “When hope is fleeting, stop for a moment and visualize, in a sky of silver, the crescent of a lavender moon. Imagine it – delicate, slim, precise, like a paper-thin slice from a cabochon jewel. It may not be very useful, but it is beautiful. And sometimes it is enough.” ― Vera Nazarian
16. “Womanist is to feminist as purple is to lavender.” ― Alice Walker
Lavender quotes and sayings about their scent
17. “The world beyond the hidden garden vanished from her awareness. There was only this place, this patch of Eden, sunny and quiet and blazing with unearthly color. The mixed scents of lavender and warm male skin were all around her… too delicious… too compelling…” — Lisa Kleypas
18. “The air was fragrant with a thousand trodden aromatic herbs, with fields of lavender, and with the brightest roses blushing in tufts all over the meadows.” — William C. Bryant
19. “But you, you foolish girl, you have gone home to a leaky castle across the sea to lie awake in linen smelling of lavender, and hear the nightingale, and long for me.” — Edna St. Vincent Millay
20. “To make a perfume, take some rose water and wash your hands in it, then take a lavender flower and rub it with your palms, and you will achieve the desired effect.” — Leonardo da Vinci
21. “I love lavender—both the color and the smell. And the sound (be quiet so you can hear it).” ― Jarod Kintz
22. “Lavender – the color and scent of relaxation, youthfulness, creativity, imagination, optimism.” — Unknown
23. “I love Thieves, it is therapeutic, if you’re not feeling well. It has a very strong scent but is quite wonderful. I also use lavender. Peppermint, when my stomach is upset.” — Donna Karan
24. “Abundance is the sharp smell of lavender on a beautiful spring morning.” — Unknown
25. “Forgiveness is the smell that lavender gives out when you tread on it.” — Mark Twain
Poetic lavender quotes
26. “Hot lavender, mints, savory, marjoram; The marigold, that goes to bed wi’ the sun, and with him rise weeping.” — William Shakespeare
27. “What woman, however old, has not the bridal-favors and raiment stowed away, and packed in lavender, in the inmost cupboards of her heart?” — William Makepeace Thackeray
28. “Under a lavender sky we lie. Do you, do you remember the day?” — Ray LaMontagne
29. “I disappeared last night while sleeping in my bed, a field of lavender beneath my head.” — Two Door Cinema Club
30. “Somewhere, a rattlesnake strike makes the dance begin. Three hawks float in the light blue sky overhead. Crows caw and the sweet seduction of lavender fills my head. And she waltzes through my thoughts.” — Hunter S. Jones
31. And lavender, whose spikes of azure bloom shall be, ere-while, in arid bundles bound to lurk admist the labours of her loom, and crown her kerchiefs witl mickle rare perfume.” — William Shenstone
32. “Here’s your sweet lavender sixteen sprigs a penny that you’ll find my ladies will smell as sweet as any.” — Lavender Sellers’s Cry, London England CA 1900
33. “As rosemary is to the spirit, so lavender is to the soul.” — Unknown
34. “It was our favorite part of the day, this in-between time, and it always seemed to last longer than it should–a magic and lavender space unpinned from the hours around it, between worlds.” — Paula McLain
35. “It always seems to me as if the lavender was a little woman in a green dress, with a lavender bonnet and a white kerchief. She’s one of those strong, sweet, wholesome people, who always rest you, and her sweetness lingers long after she goes away.” — Myrtle Reed
Lavender quotes and sayings about love
36. “As far as what I do love, I love birds; I love lavender.” — Michael Moore
37. “Her love was like lavender, delicate and melancholy.” ― Laura Chouette
38. “Like the fragrance of lavender, Love cannot be hidden either.” — Sudipta Das
39. “The love, the desire tearing apart my soul was more than I could bear. I allowed him to take my arm, allowed myself to melt into him, to close my eyes and inhale once more his scent of lavender and winter skies as we walked together towards the orchards.” — Kailin Gow
40. “His love held the scent of lavenders, as I carved them into poetry.” — Nithya Eliza
41. “There are some things, after all, that Sally Owens knows for certain: Always throw spilled salt over your left shoulder. Keep rosemary by your garden gate. Add pepper to your mashed potatoes. Plant roses and lavender, for luck. Fall in love whenever you can.” ― Alice Hoffman
42. “Lavender is for lovers true, which evermore be faine; Desiring always for to have some pleasure for the pain.” ― Clement Robinson
More fascinating lavender quotes
43. “Lemon and… blueberries, right? No, hold on- blackberries, I think. And… lavender? Lavender, for… excitement? I think there’s an old saying that lavender is good for something like that.” ― Rajani LaRocca
44. “Even talking, I’m super-loud. I could never have that kind of meek, little wispy whimsical lavender and lace voice. It comes from my body. There’s no way I can fight it.” – Beth Ditto
45. “Apricot and lavender might seem like an unusual pairing, but it made perfect sense to me. Luscious, sweet apricots taste best when they’re baked and the flavor is concentrated. On the other hand, lavender likes it cool; the buds have a floral, almost astringent flavor. Lavender was a line drawing that I filled in with brushstrokes of lush apricot.” – Judith Fertig
46. “The soothing scent of lavender. It always hits me at the right nerves, helping me to calm my anxiety. The smell which I was initially skeptical to even use as I never wanted to get addicted, now helps me to deal with migraine and tucks me to sleep.” – Srishti Srivastava
47. “Are you Lavender? You must be, for you are all about aroma.” – Dorji Wangmo
48. “Lavender oil, so often used in toilet waters and scented sachets, has a dramatic healing action on burns.” – Robert Tisserand
49. “At the door to the shop, a bell tinkled, and moments later they seemed to enter the very flowering of lavender. The scent was all around them; it curled and diffused in the air with a sweet warmth and subtlety, then burst with a peppery, musky intensity.” – Deborah Lawrenson
50. “‘La joie de vivre.’ The scent of lavender. Forgiveness. Age-old love.” – Rebecca Rassmusen
51. “An artist must go beyond the mercy of satin or water—from a gutty hue to that which is close to royal purple. All seasons and blossoms in between. Lavender. Theatrical and outrageous electric. Almost gray. True and false blue.” – Yusef Komunyakaa
52. “Better keep the young on lemons and lavender until they’ve reached the age of discretion.” – Henry Miller
Thought Provoking Lavender Quotes
53. “Can I have a look at Uranus too, Lavender?” — J.K. Rowling
54.“Stella crossed to the sink beneath the window to fill the kettle. ‘Would you like lavender tea?’” — Ellen Read
55. “You take me to a lavender bubble of our own world.” — Esperer
56. “Sprinkling drops of lavender and clary-sage oil into a bath is a totally simple yet complex pleasure.” — Isabel Gillies
57. “Your voice calmed me like petals of lavender.” — Indranil Kumar
58. “She wandered to one of the lavender stalks and touched the tiny violet-blue blossoms, and brought her scented fingertips to her throat.” — Lisa Kleypas
59. “To look upon lavender and feel content.” — Ramya
60. “You were the lavender my bedroom vases longed for, but you deserved to stay with the crotons in my backyard.” — Sadiqua Fathima
61. “Be like a lavender flower which symbolizes purity, quietness, elegance, calmness, deluxe, royalty.” — Nayana D. Biju
62. “It’s scented! Your wedding invitations are scented? It’s meant to be lavender.” — David Nicholls
What did you learn from these Lavender quotes?
It was surprising to me to find so many lavender quotes about love, as I didn’t realize it was a popular reference.
What wasn’t surprising was all the quotes about how wonderful lavender is when used as a form of aromatherapy.
My son has calmed down in response to lavender since he was an infant!
Research has shown that the scent of lavender can pass signals from the nose to the brain that really does help you be less anxious.
I even have a spastic dog, who I treat with lavender essential oil.
In case you were wondering if lavender was safe for dogs, the answer is yes!
Rubbing some lavender oil on your pup can help calm his anxiety.
You do want to make sure they don’t eat it, as that can make them sick.
However, they can benefit from a little aromatherapy too.
What is your favorite use for lavender?
Do you have any other lavender quotes and sayings?
Let us know in the comment section below.