Find peace of mind with our let it be quotes.
The phrase let it be is a statement with a significant meaning.
Learn more about the value of contentment with our let it be quotes.
What does it mean to let it be?
It is natural for us to want things to go our way.
But what do we do when they don’t?
Well, in these instances, we have several options:
We can moan, cry, and complain, or we can let it be and move forward.
Which one do you think is more beneficial?
Obviously, choosing to remain content despite the conditions around us is much better for our wellness.
When we decide to let it be, we put ourselves in a position to find success.
When we let it be, we:
- Remember that we can only control our responses.
- Foster a sense of relief knowing that we did our best.
- Allow the universe to do its job without insisting it must go one way or another.
How did John Lennon and The Beatles make Let It Be a worldwide term?
Back in 1970, The Beatles were on top of the world.
Their album, Let It Be, with the single, Let It Be, was their highest debut on the Billboard Hot 100.
In the song, McCartney sings about a dream where his deceased mother appeared to him, offering him comfort and wisdom.
She reminded him, “It will be alright. just let it be.”
Fans of the song interpreted Paul’s lyrics to mean that Mary, the mother of Jesus, visited him.
In real life, Paul’s biological mother was also named Mary, and she really did appear to him in a dream.
However, McCartney addressed this topic, noting that fans were free to interpret the song as they like
The song was The Beatles’ final single together before the band broke up.
To learn more, check out our let it be quotes below.
Short let it be quotes for finding peace
We begin with these short quotes about letting things be.
1. “How wild it was, to let it be.” ― T. S. Eliot
2. “Let it be, then let it go.” ― Debasish Mridha
3. “Letting go is hard, but being free is beautiful.” — Wilder Poetry
4. “We must know, we will feel, it’s ok to let it be.” ― Wes Adamson
5. “Let go of the battle. Breathe quietly and let it be.” ― Jack Kornfield
6. “For a moment, let it be.” ― L.M. Browning, Drive Through the Night
7. “Make it possible and let it be.” ― Timothy Simpson, Boredom to Brilliance
8. “The truth is, unless you let go, you cannot move forward.” — Steve Maraboli
9. “To let go does not mean to get rid of. To let go means to let be.” — Jack Kornfield
10. “Feel what you need to feel and then let it go. Don’t let it consume you.” ― Dhiman
The best Let It Be quotes from the Beatles
Many consider The Beatle’s Let It Be a classic art piece.
11. “And when the broken-hearted people living in the world agree there will be an answer, let it be.” — The Beatles, Let It Be
12. “Let it be.” — Paul McCartney
13. “And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me shinin’ until tomorrow, let it be.” — The Beatles, Let It Be
14. “I wake up to the sound of music, Mother Mary comes to me speaking words of wisdom, let it be.” — The Beatles, Let It Be
15. “And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me speaking words of wisdom, let it be.” — The Beatles, Let It Be
16. “When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me speaking words of wisdom, let it be.” — The Beatles, Let It Be
17. “For though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will see there will be an answer, let it be.” — The Beatles, Let It Be
18. “Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.” — The Beatles, Let It Be
19. “Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.” — The Beatles, Let It Be
20. “There will be an answer, let it be.” — The Beatles, Let It Be
Famous let it be quotes for choosing your destiny
These quotes remind us that sometimes, inaction is the best action.
21. “If there’s to be damnation, she had said, let it be of my choosing, not theirs.” — Stephen King
22. “The radios are going to dictate. That’s another story there. I wish they just let it be.” — Bernie Worrell
23. “Do not expect, do not assume, and do not demand. Just let it be and trust the synchronicity.” — Bashar
24. “When you feel angry, there is no need to be angry against someone; just be angry. Let it be a meditation.” — Rajneesh
25. “It’s not a matter of letting go; you would if you could. Instead of “Let it go,” we should probably say “Let it be.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
26. “Just this once, let it be easy.” — Cynthia Lord
27. “People of bad pride always have to have someone to reject. From politics to relationships, just don’t let it be you.” — Phil Mitchell
28. “Life can be dangerous; just let it be!” — Ann Wilson
29. “Every man has an ambition. Let it be a good one”. — Debasish Mridha
30. “Don’t. It’s over. Over for everybody. Just let it be over.” — Kristen Ashley
The top never force anything just let it be quotes
These quotes remind us not to force a square peg into a round hole.
31. “Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” — Lao Tzu
32. “It can only be if it is possible for it to be.” ― Timothy Simpson, Boredom to Brilliance
33. “Resist change at your own peril, Vivian. When something ends, let it end.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert, City of Girls
34. “Just be, and enjoy being.” — Eckhart Tolle
35. “I’ve seen things fall apart, but sometimes you just have to let them go to pieces, let them be and become what they may” ― Bodhi Smith
36. “Once you decide to let it go and let it be, you will discover a newfound peace you have never seen or felt previously.” ― Christine E.Szymanski
37. “Don’t try to force anything. Let life be a deep let-go.” — Osho
38. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” — Lao Tzu
39. “You can’t help trying to charm every snake you come upon, no matter how cold-blooded or vicious. Let that one be.” ― Holly Black, The Stolen Heir
40. “Accept what is, let go of what was, have faith in what will be.” — Sonia Ricotti
Let it be, let it go quotes for moving forward
We close with these quotes reminding us that sometimes letting it be means letting go.
Below is a thoughtful selection of let it be, let it go quotes.
41. “If holding on is disturbing your peace of mind, it makes sense to let it go.” — Iyanla Vanzant
42. “Let it go, kill the root of bitterness. Let the hurt go and set yourself free.” ― Craig Groeschel
43. “You are only hurting yourself with your bitterness. For your own sake, learn from it, and then let it go.” ― Rick Warren
44. “To live in this world, you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and when the time comes to let it go, to let it go.” ― Mary Oliver
45. “The world is won by those who let it go.” ― Laozi
46. “If it’s in the past, let it go. Don’t even remember it!” ― Rumi
47. “Sooner or later, we’ve all got to let go of our past.” ― Dan Brown
48. “Whatever life takes away from you, let it go.” ― Miguel Angel Ruiz
49. “Never put a question mark where God has put a period. When something is over and done, let it go and move on to the next chapter of your life.” ― Joel Osteen
50. “If you love something, let it go; if it comes back, it’s yours” ― James Patterson
Can you let it be?
We live in a pretty tense reality.
There are many things we can afford to improve on.
However, there are also many things outside of our control.
Act when you can, but remember, sometimes you have to let it be.
Be sure to tell us your favorite, and let it be quote in the comments section.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Confused or wondering about what to do next in life? These five steps can help you on your way to figuring out your next steps.
There isn’t necessarily only one right path for each individual, as many roads may lead to the same destination.
Are you feeling like life sucks right now? Life can be hard, and it often seems like “when it rains it pours,” but don’t let it get you down!
Have you ever wondered why some people succeed in many areas of life, while others remain stagnant or give up altogether? Find out why here.
Check out these related quote articles:
Words of wisdom are helpful to anyone looking to get inspired through words that are as powerful as they are meaningful.
Explore the complex world of sad love quotes that capture the bittersweet essence of love’s challenges.
In life, some moments mark the beginning of a new chapter—a chance to turn the page, as seen in these new beginning quotes.
Life constantly offers valuable lessons that shape our journey and guide our growth.