Explore the limits of your inner power with our let them quotes.
When people utter the phrase, let them, it conjures ideas of overconfidence and superiority.
But do we allow the term let them invoke other emotions?
Learn more with our let them quotes.
What does let them mean?
When we put ourselves in a let them mindset, we rest our faith in our ability and preparedness.
It does not mean to lack respect or an awareness for an adversary or competitor; it just means we believe in our abilities.
The phrase tet them can mean the following:
- A response to a potential threat.
- Used as a term to express a lack of concern.
- A way to express confidence in your skills or ability.
Did Queen Marie Antoinette say let them eat cake?
When many people hear the phrase let them, they immediately think of the 18th-century Queen of France, Marie Antoinette.
During the French Revolution, she is credited with saying, “Qui’ils mangent de la brioche,” which roughly translates to “Let them eat cake.”
This statement was said to be made as a result of her peasants starving and her leadership’s lack of care for the suffering French.
Many have claimed that she never made this statement.
Scholars have suggested that she never made this quote, and it was actually taken from philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
Does it make sense to let them?
When people encourage others to let them, it does not mean let people take advantage or walk all over you.
Instead, it means that you are so confident you believe that you can outmaneuver or withstand the actions or words of anyone.
If you stand in your power, you know nobody can knock you off of your integrity.
If you take the mindset to let them, it is because you are confident in your craft or skill set.
To learn more, check out our let them quotes below.
Short let them quotes for inner peace
We begin our let them quotes journey with these short quotes.
1. “Let them believe.” — Neha Dua
2. “Don’t let them stop you!” — Neha Dua
3. “Let them see the cracks.” — Sarah Kay
4. “Don’t let them get to you.” — Jennifer Rush
5. “Let them gossip about you.” — Scott Stabile
6. “Let them hit you to the ground.” — Elria Fernandes
7. “Let them stab you with a harsh attitude.” — Elria Fernandes
8. “People love to talk, so let them have fun talking.” — Catherine Hardwicke
9. “People talked. Let them talk. Nothing I could do to stop them.” — Jennifer Brown
10. “Let them talk. Just keep doing what you’re doing and be yourself.” — Taylor Swift
The best let them quotes for assisting energy flow
These quotes remind us that there is no need to fear when we know our power.
11. “Take hold of the things that are here. Let them talk to you.” — George Washington Carver
12. “If you want to lead people, you have to let them come up close.” — John C. Maxwell
13. “Good things come to those who let them in. All you have to do is take a chance.” — Emily Murdoch
14. “You never know when someone will come into your life and change things, for good or bad, let them in.” — Ron Baratono
15. “You have to keep the door open so they can come in! But it also means you have to let them go!” — Jonathan Safran Foer
16. “When the storms do come, you can only allow them to slow you down, but don’t let them stop you. — Bernard Kelvin Clive
17. “Whatever you have to say, leave the roots on; let them dangle in the dirt just to make it clear where they come from.” — Charles Olson
18. “Let them hear your voice so rarely that a simply-uttered word creates a hush of expectancy in the room.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
19. “Let them gossip about you.” — Elria Fernandes
20. “Don’t let them squelch your joy.” — Beth Ann Fennelly
Let them talk quotes for a clear heart
There is no need to carry the weight of other’s opinions.
21. “Let them talk. Those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” — Dr. Seuss
22. “I just let them talk; it helps release their feelings. Some have been coming for years.” — Norma Castillo
23. “If you let a person talk long enough, you’ll hear their true intentions. Listen twice, speak once.” — Tupac Shakur
24. “Let them talk.” — Neha Dua
25. “When ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance, you don’t really have to do anything; you just let them talk.” — Barack Obama
26. “Let them talk behind your back.” — Elria Fernandes
27. “Follow your path, and let the people talk.” — Dante Alighieri
28. “Let them misunderstand you.” — Scott Stabile
29. “Listen first. Give your opponents a chance to talk. Let them finish.” — Dale Carnegie
30. “My mother used to say, ‘Talk is cheap.’ I tell my kids, ‘Let them talk.’” — Muhammad Ali
Famous let them quotes to know your purpose and worth
31. “I have an opportunity to look kids in the face and let them know it’s not about where you come from; it’s how you use what you have to get to where you need to be.” — DeMarcus Ware
32. “She was worried these thoughts would crush her if she let them come, but they didn’t.” — Ann Brashares
33. “We must let them come in God’s way. People are ashamed to admit they need a revival.” — Mordecai
34. “She knew, even in marriage, if you advanced too far to please the other person, it let them edge away, and you ended up always laughing and fighting and screwing on their territory.” — Terry Hayes
35. “However, it is up to you to decide whether or not you want to open the door and let them in.” — K.R. Fajardo
36. “So value the good ones, whoever they are. Recognize them when you see them and don’t let them go.” — Jennifer DeLucy
37. “There’s only one proper way a song should go, but you’ve got to be patient enough to let them come together time wise.” — Ben Harper
38. “I let them know it matters to me that you come to class, it matters to me that you try, it matters to me when you succeed.” — Erin Gruwell
39. “The idea is for an editor to let his artist alone, let them be themselves, let them exchange their own ideas, and you’ll come up with something salable.” — Jack Kirby
40. “When I was a kid, I said to my father one afternoon, ‘Daddy, will you take me to the zoo?’ He answered, ‘If the zoo wants you, let them come and get you.” — Jerry Lewis
Let them quotes and sayings about life
We close our list with these let them quotes to live by.
41. “Negative thoughts will still come to your mind, but you don’t have to let them into your spirit.” — Joel Osteen
42. “If you let them do the fun stuff, they’ll develop skills and interests that will stay with them forever.” — Guy Fieri
43. “Let them judge.” — Neha Dua
44. “Let them wonder.” — Neha Dua
45. “People will come and go as they are scheduled to. Let them. Holding on does not affect them, only you.” — Brianna Wiest
46. “Wherever you go and come back, bring lots of kids. Let them run wild. Let me spoil them, someday.” — Ray Bradbury
47. “Let them judge you.” — Scott Stabile
48. “She wishes he would come to her tonight, climb in through the window to lie down beside her and explain how it’s possible to love someone so much and still manage to carry on when you have to let them go.” — Alice Hoffman
49. “Come back to me, baby. Don’t let them take you from me.” — K.I. Lynn
50. “Don’t even let them come close enough to read your tag.” — Ian Tinny
Believe in yourself!
You are your only competition, so if others feel compelled to compare themselves to you, let them.
Do you have a favorite let them quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments below.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
There isn’t necessarily only one right path for each individual, as many roads may lead to the same destination.
The independent woman often has trouble finding love – but not for the reasons most people think. Here’s why strong women struggle!
Besides helping you beat boredom and feel happy, these ten hobbies will help you build your confidence and self-esteem.
Discover how to unleash the beast within you to achieve your desired success. There’s a beast in you, and it is waiting for you to set it free!
Check out these related quote articles:
Here are some deep quotes from authors, sports figures, geniuses, and everyone in between!
In life, some moments mark the beginning of a new chapter—a chance to turn the page, as seen in these new beginning quotes.
The human spirit has an unwavering ability to overcome, as seen in these challenge quotes.
Words of wisdom are helpful to anyone looking to get inspired through words that are as powerful as they are meaningful.