If your emotions have been all over the place lately, you will relate to these moody quotes.
Being moody means that your temperament and emotions change often and are unpredictable.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
- Frustration Quotes to Uplift Your Emotions
- 400+ Smile Quotes to Elevate Your Mood
- Feelings Quotes on the Importance of Understanding Your Emotions
While everyone has days or times when their mood might change quickly, someone would only define you as a moody person if your mood is mostly unstable.
Being around a moody person can be challenging, as it’s hard to predict how that person will react; it is also dangerous for the moody person.
People with a more negative mood or outlook often struggle with anxiety and depression disorders.
Everyone has a different temperament, but if you are constantly experiencing fluctuating moods, address this for your benefit and the benefit of your loved ones.
Take a few minutes to read these moody quotes to learn more about what it means to be moody.
Best Moody Quotes For Those Tough Days
If you’re having a rough day, these moody quotes can help.
1. “A person can be both moody and approachable.” — Ryan O.Neal
2. “Being moody doesn’t make anyone’s life better.” — Aaron White
3. “Excessive deprivation makes us moody and unhappy.” — Jerry Hall
4. “A moody person finds it difficult to even live with himself.” — Mario Cantone
5. “It is more acceptable to be moody when you’re young.” — Rick Springfield
6. “Only moody people go through incredible ups and downs.” — Diana Guerrero
7. “Become accustomed to tolerating other people’s moodiness.” — John Green
8. “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.” — Oscar Wilde
9. “If only we’d stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time.” — Edith Wharton
10. “The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.” — Martha Washington
Moody Quotes to Make You Laugh
Here’s a fun spin to put on your moody days.
11. “I wouldn’t live with me, believe me. I’m moody.” — Mario Cantone
12. “It’s better to sail with a moody good captain than a laughing bad one.” — Moby
13. “If animals have moody days, they handle them better than humans do.” — Betty White
14. “And people are moody, dude. You gotta get used to living with people.” — John Green
15. “It’s okay to be moody and grim if you consider yourself a vampire.” — Bryan T. Lacie
16. “When you talk like an a*shole and look like an a*shole, you’re an a*shole.” — John Lydon
17. “I can get moody sometimes when I wake up after a nap—I’m like a four-year-old.” — Ed Westwick
19. “If I wasn’t an actor, I’d be a moody folk singer, sitting on stools and being very depressing.” — Stephen Mangan
20. “I’m so moody all the time; I know I wouldn’t be able to run a country because I would be crying one day and yelling at people the next day, you know?” — Brooke Hogan
Moody Quotes Sharing Truth About Our Emotions
These quotes show how we’re in control of our emotions and can overcome moodiness.
21. “Mood swings can be emotionally destructive.” — David D. Burns
22. “The human mind is susceptible to mood swings.” — Kilroy J. Oldster
23. “People with extreme mood swings aren’t easy to be around.” — Ashley Madekwe
24. “The happiness of your life depends on upon the quality of your thoughts.” — Marcus Aurelius
25. “Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable than risk being happy.” — Robert Anthony
26. “My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations.” — Michael J. Fox
27. “You will only find the happiness you seek when you drop your negative attitude towards life, embrace life and be happy.” — Leon Brown
28. “Hormones get no respect. We think of them as the elusive chemicals that make us a bit moody, but these magical little molecules do so much more.” — Susannah Cahalan
29. “My whole mentality is that I eat what I want within moderation, and I have a little bit of everything. If you deprive yourself, you get moody and unhappy, and you have to enjoy life.” — Nina Dobrev
30. “Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness. If, in our heart, we still cling to anything —anger, anxiety, or possessions—we cannot be free.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Moody Quotes to Help Turn Your Mood Around
If you want to put yourself in a good mood, these quotes can help.
31. “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” — Aristotle
32. “Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times.” — Aeschylus
33. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” — Winston Churchill
34. “Moodiness, laziness, impatience, and irresponsibility are all selfish.” — Nalini Singh
35. “It’s been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.” — L.M. Montgomery
36. “If you’re fighting moodiness and depression, you don’t want to hang around a bunch of other moody and depressed people.” — Joyce Meyer
37. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
38. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” — Thomas Jefferson
39. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” — Helen Keller
40. “I think crying over spilt milk and being all moody and sulky is really bratty behavior. You shouldn’t do it because it’s going to drag you and everyone else around you down.” — Jerry Hall
Moody Quotes From Celebrities
Celebrities can be quite moody, too, as shown in the following quotes.
41. “I’m a very moody person. I’m either up, or I’m down.” — Rihanna
42. “I’m definitely moody. I have my highs and my lows.” — Katy Perry
43. “I can be very moody, and I’ve had to learn how to control that.” — Angelina Jolie
44. “I’m a moody person, and I think that’s reflected in my music.” — Lana Del Rey
45. “I can be really mood, but I think that’s just part of being an artist.” — Lady Gaga
46. “I’m quite moody. I can be happy one minute and then really sad the next.” — Ed Sheeran
47. “I’m definitely a moody person, but I’ve learned to use that to my advantage in my music.” — Billie English
48. “I’m very moody. Sometimes I’m happy, sometimes I’m sad, sometimes I’m angry; it just depends on the day.” — Demi Lovato
49. “I’m a pretty moody person. Sometimes I can be really happy and excited, and other times I can be really down and depressed.” — Emma Stone
50. “I’m definitely a moody person. I have my days where I feel on top of the world, and other days where I just want to crawl into bed and hide from everyone.” — Selena Gomez
Can I Get Control of My Moodiness?
The good news is that you can put in the work to help control your moods.
Some people may require the help of a doctor, but there are some things that you can do yourself to learn to control your moods.
Spend some quiet time alone where you can refocus and refresh yourself, let go of hurt or expectations of yourself or others, look for the good in situations and in other people, and concentrate on the positive instead of the negative.
Please share these Moody Quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about being moody in the comment section below.