Do you believe in Heaven?
Many religions and spiritual philosophies believe in life after death. For many, the afterlife is something to look forward to. In some religions, Heaven is gift granted after our mortal journey has ended. It is an award given to those who lived honorably.
Others believe Heaven can be found here on earth. That, rather than a physical place we go to when we die, Heaven is a state of being or a mindset.
Whatever your philosophy, these Heaven quotes will encourage you to recognize the miracle life is and inspire you to live with kindness.
Don’t forget to also read these quotes about God for more inspiration,
Heaven quotes to inspire and encourage you
1. “The kingdom of Heaven is a condition of the heart, not something that comes upon the earth or after death.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
2. “Heaven is a state of mind, not a location, since Spirit is everywhere and in everything.” — Wayne Dyer
3. “I feel no need for any other faith than my faith in the kindness of human beings. I am so absorbed in the wonder of earth and the life upon it that I cannot think of heaven and angels.” — Pearl S. Buck
4. “My soul can find no staircase to Heaven, unless it be through Earth’s loveliness.” — Michelangelo
5. “Jesus said, ‘The Kingdom of Heaven is within you.’ I think if he lived nowadays, instead of ‘kingdom,’ he would have said, ‘dimension.’ And ‘heaven’ refers to a sense of vastness or spaciousness.” — Eckhart Tolle
6. “Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves – or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth.” — Ayn Rand
7. “Heaven will be no heaven to me if I do not meet my wife there.” — Andrew Jackson
8. “Earth’s crammed with heaven.” — Elizabeth Barrett Browning
9. “To create something from nothing is one of the greatest feelings, and I would – I don’t know, I wish it upon everybody. It’s heaven.” — Prince
10. “Life, if properly viewed in any aspect, is great, but mainly great when viewed in its relation to the world to come.” — Albert Barnes
Heaven quotes to live by
11. “Experiencing Heaven is the most real thing that’s ever happened to me. I did not want to come back.” — Don Piper
12. “The blessed of us must save the less of us. I’m blessed, and yeah, I’m planning to go to Heaven.” — Mr. T.
13. “No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.” — Steve Jobs
14. “For the Christian, heaven is where Jesus is. We do not need to speculate on what heaven will be like. It is enough to know that we will be forever with Him.” — William Barclay
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Christian quotes that will uplift your spirits.
15. “He whose head is in heaven need not fear to put his feet into the grave.” – Matthew Henry
16. “How sweet is rest after fatigue! How sweet will heaven be when our journey is ended.” – George Whitefield
17. “We may be surprised at the people we find in heaven. God has a soft spot for sinners. His standards are quite low.” — Desmond Tutu
18. “For victory in life, we’ve got to keep focused on the goal, and the goal is Heaven.” — Lou Holtz
19. “Those who go to Heaven ride on a pass and enter into blessings that they never earned, but all who go to hell pay their own way.” — John R. Rice
20. “I would rather go to heaven alone than go to hell in company.” — R.A. Torrey
Heaven quotes to lift your mood
21. “The Bible says that God has a reason for keeping us here; if He didn’t, He would take us to Heaven far sooner.” — Billy Graham
You might also like these devil quotes that will help you triumph against evil.
22. “When someone dies, an angel is there to meet them at the gates of Heaven to let them know that their life has just begun.” — Unknown
23. “I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I’m surrounded by angels, and I call them my best friends.” — Pamela Daranjo
24. “The Bible says, angels rejoice in heaven when one sinner comes to Christ.” — Carol Nkambule, Dear Girl Child
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Bible quotes to get you thinking.
25. “One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel.” — Steven Moffat
26. “If even angels fall, what hope is there for the rest of us?” — Richelle Mead, Succubus Dreams
27. “I would rather be a devil in alliance with truth, than an angel in alliance with falsehood.” ― Ludwig Feuerbach, The Essence of Christianity
28. “He’d been an angel once. He hadn’t meant to Fall. He’d just hung around with the wrong people.” ― Terry Pratchett
29. “Heaven and Hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue.” — David Hume
30. “The love of heaven makes one heavenly.” — William Shakespeare
Beautiful Heaven quotes
31. “We ought to fly away from earth to Heaven as quickly as we can. And to fly away is to become like God, far as this is possible; and to become like him is to become holy, just, and wise.” — Plato
32. “We do not wish to enter Heaven until our work is done, for it would make us uneasy if there were one single soul left to be saved by our means.” – Charles Spurgeon
33. “Every charitable act is a stepping stone toward Heaven.” — Henry Ward Beecher
34. “Of all the music that reached farthest into Heaven, it is the beating of a loving heart.” — Henry Ward Beecher
35. “The way you store up treasure in Heaven is by investing in getting people there” — Rick Warren
36. “Go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company.” — Mark Twain
37. “Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die to get there.” — B.B. King
38. “If you don’t love the Dodgers, there’s a good chance you may not get into Heaven.” — Tommy Lasorda
39. “In Heaven, all the interesting people are missing.” — Fredrich Nietzsche
40. “This isn’t heaven, so don’t expect it to be.” – Max Lucado
Heaven quotes to brighten your day
41. “My idea of heaven is a great big baked potato and someone to share it with.” — Oprah Winfrey
42. “You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.” — Jimi Hendrix
43. “Heaven grant us patience with a man in love.” — Rudyard Kipling
44. “I have all that I need here and heaven hereafter! How much richer could anybody want to be?” — Lester Roloff
45. “Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.” — Thomas Moore
46. “I would not give one moment of heaven for all the joy and riches of the world, even if it lasted for thousands and thousands of years.” — Martin Luther
47. “Joy is the serious business of heaven.” — C.S. Lewis
48. “Heaven is long-enduring, and earth continues to long. The reason why heaven and earth are able to endure and continue thus long is because they do not live of, or for, themselves.” — Lao Tzu
49. “We ought to fly away from earth to heaven as quickly as we can. And to fly away is to become like God, far as this is possible; and to become like him is to become holy, just, and wise.” — Plato
50. “Between us and heaven or hell there is only life, which is the frailest thing in the world.” — Blaise Pascal
Other inspirational Heaven quotes
51. “It’s easier for a rich man to ride that camel through the eye of a needle directly into the Kingdom of Heaven, than for some of us to give up our cell phone.” – Vera Nazarian
52. “There is nothing behind the curtains of religions, people put there whatever their imaginations can fathom.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
53. “Once you believe that god is not a private property of anybody, you are on your way to becoming a new messiah. Maybe your own if not the world’s” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
54. “The sons of God are different because they are givers, just like their Heavenly father.” – Sunday Adelaja
55. “With deep humility, we shall behold the heavenly blessings.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
56. “Always follow your bliss; bliss is heavenly. Life will be divinely beautiful and grow spiritually. Life will be beautiful, peaceful, blissful, and divine.” – Debasish Mridha
57. “Always look heavenward in any situation. Trust God to grant you the needed grace and strength to overcome the situation.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
58. “Endeavor to create heaven on earth and turn your heart into the new Jerusalem.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
59. “God’s Word is the tool the Holy Spirit uses to change our worldly thinking to heavenly thinking.” – Elizabeth George
60. “When God takes out the trash, don’t go digging back through it. Trust Him.” – Amaka Imani Nkosazana
What act of kindness will you perform today?
Whether you believe in a heavenly afterlife or prefer to strive for heaven on earth, one thing most philosophies can agree on is that kindness is key.
Negativity gets broadcast much more often than the positive moments in life. Because of this, it can be easy to get lost in the chaos of the world and forget to notice the miracle life is. But, just because motivational acts are less newsworthy, doesn’t mean the world isn’t full of compassionate people.
Take today as an opportunity to spread a bit of heaven on earth to the people in your life. What kind of act will you perform today? A small act of kindness may seem insignificant to you, but it may make someone else’s day.
Did these Heavenly quotes and verses motivate you? Which quote inspired you the most? Let us know in the comment section below.