Being a single parent is a tough job, but these single dad quotes will offer many perspectives and illustrate just how capable dads are!
Being a single dad is often thought of as the hardest role, because many people assume mothers are more naturally inclined for the role of parenting.
Now, statistics show that 80% of single parents are single mothers.
This means only 20% of the single parent population is made up of single dads.
Some people wonder if single dads are good parents.
According to an article by Pew Research, single dad households fare better in financial security than those of single moms.
The median adjusted annual income for a single dad household of three is about $40,000, while households led by single mothers have a median adjusted annual income of only $26,000.
Societal views and not actual facts are behind the stigma that single dads face.
Most people just assume moms are better parents.
However, dads are just as competent and caring and loving.
Keep reading for more single dad quotes to learn more and better understand single dads.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Single dad quotes for Instagram
This collection of quotes goes great with a photo to create an Instagram post! Take a look and choose which quotes you would use for a social media post.
1. “I am a single dad. What is your superpower?” — Anonymous
2. “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” — Prevost Abbe
3. “Being a single father made me stronger than ever before.” — Anonymous
You will also enjoy our article on single mom quotes.
4. “Nothing a single dad does for his children is ever wasted.” — Anonymous
5. “Just because I am a single dad doesn’t mean I cannot be a success.” — Anonymous
6. “It is not easy to raise a family. And it’s challenging for single fathers.” — Anonymous
7. “Shout out to all my fellow single fathers who run on coffee and patience.” — Anonymous
8. “There is nothing that moves a loving father’s soul quite like his child’s cry.” — Joni Eareckson
9. “You are the everything parent. You get all the tears, the joy, the tantrums, the hugs, the disappointments.” — Anonymous
10. “Life as a single father has taught me many things. Particularly that love only makes everything easier.” — Anonymous
You will also enjoy our article on parents quotes.
Single dad quotes about what it takes to be a good father
These quotes give great advice on how to be a good father. Take a look and see if you can apply any of this wisdom to your life.
11. “Noble fathers have noble children.” — Euripides
12. “Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad.” — Ann Geddes
13. “A single father has a backbone made of steel and a heart made of gold.” — Anonymous
14. “There’s no way I can care properly for my children if I don’t first care for myself.” — Tez Brooks
15. “My father didn’t tell me how to live; He lived, and let me watch him do it.” — Clarence B. Kelland
16. “The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking.” — Dan Pearce
17. “Being a father is about adaptation and about making the most of the opportunities that are given you.” — Colin Adams
18. “Being a father means you have to think fast on your feet. You must be judicious, wise, brave, tender, and willing to put on a frilly hat and sit down to a pretend tea party.” — Matthew Buckley
19. “Becoming a good father is not about learning five practical handy techniques that can be pulled out of the kitbag whenever they are needed. It’s about having a set of attitudes and ideas that shape what you do in the thousands of different situations you find yourself in as a dad.” — Tony Payne
20. “A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely. In the hour of need, when all else fails, we remember him upon whose knees we sat when children, and who soothed our sorrows; and even though he may be unable to assist us, his mere presence serves to comfort and strengthen us.” — Emile Gaboriau
You will also enjoy our article on father daughter quotes.
Single dad quotes from their perspective
Great single dad quotes from single dads themselves. A great place to learn about anything is from someone who has experience in a situation.
21. “Single father / Part time mother / When I’m not one / Then I’m the other.” — Kid Rock
22. “I thought about giving up…but then I remembered who was watching.” — Anonymous
23. “I’m always working, and I’m a single parent, so I don’t think I have time for stuff most normal people do.” — Charlie Murphy
24. “If there’s one thing I learned as being a single father is to never bash the mother to your kid. Keep them out of it.” — Anonymous
25. “I’m a single father, I don’t like to be away from my son. So, I’ll go out, make a film and come back.” — Dean Cain
26. “Just because you’re a man doesn’t mean that you can’t raise your kid. I think that families should stay together, but if you are a single father, don’t give up no matter what they say.” — Nicolas Cage
27. “I knew going in that being a single parent would be one of the toughest jobs I’d ever have. I’d been a talk-show host, actor, comic, and on and on, but this gig was going to be my defining moment.” — Arsenio Hall
28. “The hardest thing that I had to do every day as a working single parent was child care, to have to leave my child with people that I did not know and hope everything was OK, that was the most painful part of every day.” — Chris Gardner
29. “I’m a single parent, and I just found that it was too difficult to manage raising my kids and doing the traveling involved in making movies. So, I took a little bit of a break. And the little bit of a break turned into a longer break, and then I found that I really didn’t miss it.” — Rick Moranis
30. “A lot of people say, ‘Wow, you’re a single father of twin boys, that’s crazy!’ Two toddlers can get hectic, but I wouldn’t change it for anything.” — Ricky Martin
Single dad quotes about how hard it is
Nothing worth having is easy. Check out these single dad quotes to see that this job might be tough, but it is very worthwhile!
31. “A single dad has to lead, provide, instruct, and discipline.” — Michael A. Klumpp
32. “A single dad needs to be much more than just a father to his kids.” — Michael A. Klumpp
33. “Single fathers need to find ways to adapt to their new circumstances, and they need to adapt fast.” — Craig W. Baird
34. “Dating as a single father can be a challenge. You have to determine their potential impact on your child.” — Anonymous
35. “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets of our society.” — Billy Graham
36. “Being a single parent is twice the work, twice the stress, and twice the tears. But also twice the hugs, twice the love, and twice the pride!” — Anonymous
37. “It is a widespread assumption that when a relationship breaks down, it’s a man’s instinct to run off and abandon his duties. But that’s not the case.” — Kevin Brazant
38. “A father who raises children on his own is nothing short of a hero. He is not only an amazing man; he is also the perfect Role Model for his children.” — Anonymous
39. “I can understand why a single parent, working two jobs, would find it easier to stop at McDonald’s with the kids rather than cook something from scratch at home.” — Eric Schlosser
40. “Always remember that by being a single father, you have chosen to live a life that is first dedicated to your children and then to you. You could have had it easy too, but you decided to be there for your children, so be proud of it.” — Anonymous
Single dad quotes that show you are not invisible or alone
Even when you feel alone there are others that are experiencing or have experienced similar things. Don’t give up, keep going!
41. “It takes a lot of heart and will to be a single father, so be proud of yourself.” — Anonymous
42. “Many single fathers also want to give back, tell their stories, and help others.” — Craig W. Baird
43. “I can’t tell you how much I respect all the single fathers out there doing it solo.” — Jennie Finch
44. “It takes a strong person to be a single father and take on two roles, you are amazing in your child’s eyes.” — Anonymous
45. “Single dad or not, just remember that you are the best dad for your child, and you are doing the best you can.” — Anonymous
46. “Shout out to the single fathers that have also taken the role of the mother. They don’t get appreciated enough for what they do.” — Anonymous
47. “To all the single dad’s, I see your invisible cape and I thank you for being the kind of man every mom wants for her daughter someday.” — Anonymous
48. “A single parent’s prayer: Lord, help me be the mother and father to my children. Keep me healthy and strong on those days when I am weak. Remind me to love them in the same way that you have shown that special love for me. Amen.” — Anonymous
49. “Single dads are almost superheroes because there are few things that they cannot do. They are their child’s best friend and mentor while also taking care of countless tasks around the house.” — Anonymous
50. “I do so admire those who are alone. Alone to raise a part of their future.” — Anonymous
Things you might not have realized about single dads
Here are a few facts, supported by data and research, that you might not have known about single dads.
The first one is that most single dads are divorced.
Conversely, most single moms (49% of them) have never been married.
Another notable difference between single moms and dads is that single fathers are more likely to be white.
They are also older, and better educated, than their female counterparts.
These things likely contribute to why their median income is higher.
Studies show that children in single-father families do about as well as children in single-mother families on many outcomes.
There are a few differences, though.
The bottom line however, is that single fathers need many of the same supports that single mothers receive.
This includes family support, government assistance, and a sense of community.
Do the single dad quotes apply to you or to someone you know?
Share on social media so that others who are going through this experience will see that it can be done well.
Share your experiences with us in the comment section below.