Sunrise Quotes That Remind Us All to Seek the Promise of a New Dawn
February 3, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Sunrise pictures make great inspirational photos.
What is the perfect caption for your beautiful sunrise photos, especially since you woke up early to capture the moment?
These sunrise quotes are perfect for captions, but they are also inspirational and filled with joy.
Where I live sunrise happens between 7:30 and 8:00 am.
The time for each sunrise depends on where you live, but no matter where you are it is a chance to usher in a new dawn.
What does a sunrise symbolize?
Sunrise is the promise of rebirth, a chance to be awakened, and a literal chance to leave the darkness behind and walk into the light of new opportunities.
The world is filled with darkness and challenges for each of us and if we connect with nature we can find beauty in the reset that is given to us every morning.
Keep reading through these sunrise quotes to find the perfect one to jumpstart your morning!
Don’t forget to also check out these sunset quotes that will signal change inside you.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Beautiful Sunrise Quotes and Sayings to Inspire You
1. “There’s always a sunrise and always a sunset and it’s up to you to choose to be there for it.” — Cheryl Strayed
2. “Every sunset is also a sunrise; it all depends on where you stand.” — Karl Schmidt
3. “Just like the days, no two sunrises are ever the same.” — Jonathan P Lamas
4. “At sunrise, everything is luminous but not clear.” — Norman Maclean
You will also enjoy our article on spiritual awakening quotes.
5. “The secret to a good morning is to watch the sunrise with an open heart.” — Anthony T. Hincks
You will also enjoy our article on sunshine quotes.
6. “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” — Jo Walton
7. “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.” — William Arthur Ward
8. “There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope.” — Bernard Williams
9. “We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness.” — Sapna Reddy
10. “Even if you cover the whole world with darkness, you can never stop the sun from rising.” — Debasish Mridha
11. “I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written.” — Juansen Dizon
12. “May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace…” — Umair Siddiqui
13. “Every sunrise gives you a new beginning and a new ending. Let this morning be a new beginning to a better relationship and a new ending to the bad memories. It’s an opportunity to enjoy life, breathe freely, think and love. Be grateful for this beautiful day.” — Norton Juster
14. “If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy the sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord.” — Nathan Phillips
Morning sunrise quotes about God and heaven
15. “One of the things I associate with God is a sunrise. How many sunrises have you missed over the years, and God created that.” — Donald Miller
16. “After God perfected the sunrise, he created photographers, artists, and poets to ensure his feat remained immortal.” — Terri Guillemets
17. “Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing, and listen as Heaven whispers, do you like it? I did it just for you.” — Max Lucado
18. “God is now serving scoops of orange and raspberry sherbet on the horizon. What a beautiful sunrise!” — Terri Guillemets
19. “If you want to be reminded of the love of the Lord, just watch the sunrise.” — Jeannette Walls
20. “To see the sunrise every morning is a true gift that God gives us.” — Anthony Rosario Wagner
21. “Every morning when you see the sunrise you thank the Lord and proudly say ‘Today I am the master of my own ability today’s going to be a beautiful prosperous day’. — Anthony Rosario Wagner
22. “The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” — Psalm 19:1
23. “Every sunrise reminds us of this: the immeasurable love of God, the constant faithfulness of God.” — Unknown
Sunrise quotes about the colors and beauty of the sunrise
24. “The sunrise was the color of bad blood. It leaked out of the east and stained the dark sky red, marked the scraps of the cloud with stolen gold. Underneath it the road twisted up the mountainside towards the fortress of Fontezarmo – a cluster of sharp towers, ash-black again the wounded heavens. The sunrise was red, black, and gold. The colors of their profession.” ― Joe Abercrombie
25. “Life. This morning the sun made me adore it. It had, behind the dripping pine trees, the oriental brightness, orange and crimson, of a living being, a rose and an apple, in the physical and ideal fusion of a true and daily paradise.” ― Juan Ramón Jiménez
26. “At sunrise, the blue sky paints herself with gold colors and joyfully dances to the music of a morning breeze.” ― Debasish Mridha
27. “With a bound, the sun of a molten fiery red cam above the horizon, and immediately thousands of little birds sang out for joy, and a soft chorus of mysterious, glad murmurs came forth from the earth; the low whispering wind left its hiding-place among the clefts and hollows of the hills, and wandered among the rustling herbs and trees, waking the flower-buds to the life of another day.” ― Elizabeth Gaskell
28. “The block of sky in our twin high windows became a nectarine, amber and rose pink, and we lay in silence as white sunlight broke.” ― Aspen Matis
29. “Always there was a moment—a quick slip of time—when the sun broke free of the trees and bled from its yolk, spilling in red-orange rivers over the silk.” ― Terry Kay
30. “Sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches. Cool to warm. So is the progression from childhood to old age.” ― Vera Nazarian
31. “As I watched the sun began its daily routine, casting golden hues and illuminating cities, I wondered, what an exemplary way to start my daily routine.” ― Val Uchendu
Inspirational sunrise quotes from song lyrics
32. “Can I give you that feeling? Can we share a sunrise together?” — Montell Jordan
33. “One more sunrise. One more day to get through. One more sunrise. One more day without you.” — Bing Crosby
34. “Waiting for the sunrise, soul dancing in the dark. Summer night city. Walking in the moonlight, love-making in a park. Summer night city.” — ABBA
35. “Love comes to you and then after. Dream on, on to the heart of the sunrise. Lost on a wave that you’re dreaming.” — Yes
36. “Her eyes, that’s where hope lies. That’s where blue skies meet the sunrise. Her eyes, that’s where I go. When I go home.” — Pat Monahan
37. “Reach up for the sunrise. Put your hands into the big sky. You can touch the sunrise. Feel the new day enter your life.” — Duran Duran
38. “Cause we talk until the sunrise in the east. I’m hanging on to every single word that you say.” — Becky Hill
Short yet profound sunrise quotes
39. “With their backs to the sunrise, they worship the night.” — Robert Ingersoll
40. “It was harder to drown at sunrise than in darkness.” — Edith Wharton
41. “Let the beauty of sunrise keep your heart warm.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
42. “To stand by the beds at sunrise and see the flowers awake is a heavenly delight.” — Celia Thaxter
43. “It was harder to drown at sunrise than in darkness.” — Edith Wharton
44. “A night can never defeat the sunrise.” — Sumit Sharma
45. “Don’t you feel you get value for your day if you’ve actually watched the sunrise?” — A.J. Vosse
46. “Every day, a million miracles begin at sunrise.” — Eric Jerome Dickey
47. “Sunrise: proof the best things in life are free.” — Unknown
48. “Another sunrise, another new beginning.” — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
49. “Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten someone’s day.” — Jhiess Krieg
50. “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” — Victor Hugo
Sunrise quotes that will brighten your day
51. “Sunrise is the start of something beautiful: the day. Sunset is the start of something beautiful: the night.” ― Juansen Dizon
52. “It was a Sunday, an arsonist sunrise.” ― Markus Zusak
53. “A girl in love with sunsets.
A man hell-bent on being her sunrise.”
― Nitya Prakash
54. “Your choice between sunrise or sunset depends on your attitude.” ― Ibn Jeem
55. “I live in the shade created by the sunrise I am waiting for.” ― Isbelle Razors
56. “Every sunrise is a poem written on the earth with words of light, warmth, and love.” ― Debasish Mridha
57. “Every sunrise is a blessing, it’s a opportunity to learn something new and to create something that can benefit others. It also gives a chance to make amends. Use it wisely before sunset.” ― Euginia Herlihy
58. “Today, the sun will rise on all your doubts.” ― Marty Rubin
59. “Not everyone was privileged to see another sunrise like you did, so before you start complaining remember that the breath of life is not for sale.” ― Gift Gugu Mona
60. “Whether sunrise or sunset, it heralds a new opportunity to dream…” ― Virginia Alison
Sunrise Quotes To Enjoy The Morning Glory
61. “It took me years after stopping the cocaine before I was able to enjoy a sunrise and enjoy the sound of birds.” — Valerie Bertinelli
62. “I want to see sunrises in the mountains. You never get to see such things enough in a lifetime. I want to see more.” — Katarina Witt
63. “The melody rolled over her, as cool and sweet as water, as hopeful and lovely as sunrise.” — Cassandra Clare
64. “Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk undisturbed.” — Walt Whitman
65. “Nature is the greatest teacher and I learn from her best when others are asleep. In the still dark hours before sunrise God tells me of the plans I am to fulfill.” — George Washington Carver
66. “When in these fresh mornings I go into my garden before any one is awake, I go for the time being into perfect happiness.” — Celia Thaxter
67. “Stand up at sunrise and meet what they send you.” — Reynolds Price
68. “The presidency does not yield to definition. Like the glory of a morning sunrise, it can be experienced.” — Calvin Coolidge
69. “With this sunrise somehow I felt I was exactly where I was supposed to be… Have faith, the light seemed to announce.” — Ethan Hawke
70. “The smile broke across his face the way the sunrise set the clouds on fire.” — Stephenie Meyer
Sunrise Quotes to Start Your Day with a Positive Mindset
71. “Every sunrise is an invitation for us to arise and brighten someone’s day.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
72. “Watching a sunrise should be counted as one of life’s healing rituals.” ― Jeanette Leblanc
73. “A sunrise or sunset can be ablaze with brilliance and arouse all the passion, all the yearning, in the soul of the beholder.” ― Mary Balogh
74. “The sunrise, of course, doesn’t care if we watch it or not. It will keep on being beautiful, even if no one bothers to look at it.” ― Gene Amole
75. “There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it.” ― Mindy Kaling
76. “A sunrise or a sunset is the applicant’s call to the audience to recognize its own majesty.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
77. “Sunrise does not only bring light but also new opportunities and new beginnings.” ― Edmond Mbiaka
78. “The sun is a daily reminder that we too can rise again from the darkness, that we too can shine our own light.” ― S.K. Rao
79. “The sunrise is God’s greeting to each of us.” ― Henry David Thoreau
80. “The sunrise, of all sights, should be the most precious.” ― John Muir
What did you learn from these sunrise quotes?
The sunrise is so beautiful that it has made its way into paintings, songs, and written works.
Impression Sunrise, by Claude Monet, is credited with contributing to an entire art movement; impressionism.
The painting lacks a lot of the color mentioned in some of these sunrise quotes, but it captures the solitary beauty of watching the sun come up while adrift in life.
Sunrise, Barnegat Beach, New Jersey, painted by Francis Augustus Silva, is a nature peace that captures both the majesty of the ocean and the sunrise.
William Shakespeare’s Sonnet 33 is an ode to the ‘glorious mornings’ before a lost love (The Fair Youth).
The poem is about heartbreak.
The sun does come out and shine on him briefly through the clouds.
No matter what clouds might be in your life at this moment, the sun will rise tomorrow.
You can great each day carrying the darkness from the day before or look for an opportunity to chase it out with the light.
Do you have any sunrise quotes and sayings you would like to add?
Feel free to leave them in the comment section below.