Finding the most popular timeline quotes might turn out to be a difficult task.
However, we have created a list of the best timeline quotes to make things a lot easier for you.
Apart from our quotes section, we have also described the term timeline and the essential tips to create a timeline.
If interested, read on!
What is Meant by the Term Timeline?
A timeline is a graphical and visual representation of milestones or events that will occur in the future.
Usually, it is used to display personal, historical, or any other relevant information.
A Timeline typically contains a horizontal axis representing time, milestones, and events.
One can further divide a timeline into different segments.
You can easily create a timeline by using paper/whiteboard and a pen.
On the other hand, you can also take advantage of digital tools or software.
Timelines are incredibly beneficial in several ways.
A few of these include:
- Communicating information
- Tracking progress
- Visualizing history
Essential Tips For Creating a Timeline
Listed below are the tips to help you create a perfect timeline:
- Select a milestone
- Finalize the time period
- Choose a format
- Include the Context
- Use images and colors
Select a Milestone
The first thing you need to do is the selection of the milestones.
This would depend on the purpose for which you are creating the timeline.
As a result, you can convey only the most relevant type of information.
Finalize the Time Period
This is another key step to consider when creating a timeline.
It involves determining the time period of the timeline (including the start and end dates).
Hence, you can easily divide your timeline into smaller segments.
Choose a Format
For this purpose, you can select a format that suits the information provided in your timeline.
If you are creating a timeline for your personal use, try to use a simple and straightforward format.
Include the Context
You also need to add context to your timeline by including the following:
- Historical events
- Social events
- Cultural events
Only use a context that is capable of influencing the timeline.
Use Images and Colors
Don’t forget to use images and colors to make a timeline visually appealing and easy to read.
For instance, you can use various colors to differentiate various categories, milestones, or events.
Top 10 Timeline Quotes
Here are the top 10 timeline quotes so you can enjoy and share them with your loved ones.
1. “If you want to increase productivity, cut the timeline in half.” — Richie Norton
2. “We knew in our gut that History needed to be more than a timeline.” — Nancy Dubuc
3. “Every time I scroll down my Timeline, I look for you, looking for me.” — Nitya Prakash
4. “The timeline is kind of coming to an end as far as leading up to the free agency.” — Jake Arrieta
5. “I usually make to-do lists with timelines, and pen and paper does the trick for me.” — Luis von Ahn
6. “There are possibilities that dreams are our little windows upon a parallel timeline.” — Tom DeLonge
7. “Dreamlining is so named because it applies timelines to what most would consider dreams.” — Tim Ferriss
8. “I hope they find some way to come up with a new story that involves Beast in my timeline.” — Kelsey Grammer
9. “Twitter is a vessel that we can use to share positivity to others through our timeline one tweet at a time.” — Germany Kent
10. “I have this embedded faith in the process through which films of a certain type get discovered on longer timelines.” — Edward Norton
Timeline Quotes for Your Timelines
Post these worth-posting timeline quotes to your social media timelines and reread them whenever you need a pick-me-up.
11. “We all have a timeline. Most of us don’t live like we have a timeline.” — Steve Gleason
12. “I love plans. Checklists, spreadsheets, timelines. I am literally passionate about that stuff.” — Claire Kingsley
13. “Why do we create priorities only to place them last on a timeline? Priority means to precede and proceed.” — Richie Norton
14. “The big “WHEN” about change is not just a particular moment, but a thought-out planning with clearly defined timelines.” — Pearl Zhu
15. “There is a lot of music out there that you can play side by side, and you can’t hear the personality – that has a timeline on it, for sure.” — Skrillex
16. “I like to challenge myself and give myself a timeline. It pushes me to be more creative and actually does these things, not just dream about them.” — Balthazar Getty
17. “It’s really cool now that we have Twitter and Facebook, and it’s cool that people can post their thoughts and stories and just constantly on their timelines.” — Dustin Lynch
18. “To me, what constitutes a family are those you choose to make your family. Whether they’re related through bloodlines or only timelines, they’re the people.” — Charles Dennis
19. “As the installments in the ‘Immortals After Dark’ series span simultaneous timelines, making sure the details remained accurate was a hair-raising/losing exercise.” — Kresley Cole
20. “It’s time that I stop referring to myself, thinking about myself, planning for myself, according to the gridlines and the timelines and the guidelines of people. I will expand in this universe; I will not stay on the lines nor within the lines written by this world.” — C. JoyBell C.
Inspirational Timeline Quotes
Take a trip through time and find inspiration from the ages. These powerful timeline quotes offer wisdom, guidance, and motivation for your journey.
21. “I work, to this day, from morning to night, seven days a week. I’m always working two, three years ahead of my own timeline; I’m a workaholic.” — DJ Ashba
22. “You have to figure out what that is, and you have to make a plan to get to it. And the plan has got to have a timeline. You have to choose something that you can afford to do and then lock it in and passionately do it.” — Phil McGraw
23. “I’m 14 years in the game, … There’s some kids that weren’t even born when my first album came out. I wanted to draw a timeline between my old stuff and my new stuff and bridge it to where there’s a level of continuity.” — DJ Quik
24. “Finding your purpose may be a lifelong pursuit, or you may have discovered it when you were 5 years old. There’s no absolute timeline for anyone. That’s a good reason never to give up, to keep on discovering things every day.” — Donald Trump
25. “Have a defined mission with clear goals and timelines. I still trust the staff, with as little oversight as possible. Do things to show them their time is as valuable to you as it is to them. Don’t be afraid to ‘fly solo’.” — Pete Olson
26. “My favorite experiences have all been finding myself at one point in a timeline and going in both directions, just discovering at my own pace. If I could admit to be playing some kind of long game and strategizing this, I would.” — Blake Mills
27. “I keep an elaborate calendar for my characters detailing on which dates everything happens. I’m constantly revising this as I go along. It gives me the freedom to intricately plot my story, knowing it will at least hold up on a timeline.” — Maria Semple
28. “I realized then that even though I was a tiny speck in an infinite cosmos, a blip on the timeline of eternity, I was not without purpose. And as long as I had a part in the music of the spheres, even if it was only a single grace note, I was not worthless. Nor was I alone.” — R. J. Anderson
29. “The hi-tech industry is not a monolithic thing. If you look at a timeline of a company, you see that in the beginning, you have to come up with an idea and be willing to take risks. You have to grow fast, you have to think fast, and you have to do this usually in small teams.” — Yossi Vardi
30. “The military taught me the importance of getting something done in a timely manner and the importance of completing a mission on time. My lieutenant would say, ‘If you don’t, you die.’ In many ways, life is the same. If you don’t pay attention to a timeline, you lose out on the ability to accomplish the task at hand.” — Don Young
Timeline Quotes to Enrich Your Life
Enjoy reading some of the best and most motivational timeline quotes to enrich your life.
31. “God has a timeline. And because of Bethlehem, we have an idea where we stand on it.” — Max Lucado
32. “Every book I’ve written has been different from the others, and each one seems to have its own timeline, requirements, and formal challenges.” — Micheline Aharonian Marcom
33. “Everyone wants answers and wants to know what the timeline is. Unfortunately, it’s a complex situation, and we don’t have the final answers yet.” — Dennis Miller
34. “Tattoos, for me, are like a timeline of my life. I could look at a certain tattoo, and it reminds me of a certain time in my life and why I got that tattoo.” — Tyga
35. “I want to see books taken out of historical time and placed into a different timeline, such as evolutionary or geological time, as a means of putting the human experience in context.” — Douglas Coupland
36. “Well, it’s my voice, so it’s more accessible that way, and there are also all sorts of things like plot and timelines that are already known entities, so for me, it’s very different from writing fiction.” — Alice Sebold
37. “We don’t really have a place in the universe, as far as on a timeline. But nothing else does either. Therefore every moment really is the most important moment that’s ever happened, including this moment right now.” — Kaki King
38. “We like to be in a casual environment where everyone is happy with their surroundings. It’s not like being in Brooklyn – if you’re somewhere beautiful like upstate, you can walk outside to take a moment. It’s a big part of our functioning.” — Daniel Rossen
39. “When you go on your Twitter or look down your Timeline, and it’s all great positivity – I love that. But at the same time, it can really divert you from what your purpose is or what you’re trying to do. And I’ve seen artists get caught up in that.” — Kendrick Lamar
40. “Our society places enormous pressure on us to get over the loss, to get through grief. But how long do you grieve for a husband of fifty years, a teenager killed in a car accident, and a four-year-old child: a year? Five years? Forever? The loss happens in time, in fact in a moment, but its aftermath lasts a lifetime.” — Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Intriguing Timeline Quotes
The following selection of thought-provoking timeline quotes will spark your attention and provoke deep reflections.
41. “Making sure that the geography and timelines work is always the hardest part of writing. But you owe it to the readers to get it right!” — Michael Scott
42. “The biggest problem in South Africa is that we have a disrupted timeline. Historically, politically, spiritually, economically, in people’s minds, in people’s heads.” — Abdullah Ibrahim
43. “Similarly, establishing a firm timeline for bringing our troops home could accelerate the development of Iraqi security forces and deepen their commitment to defending their own country and their own government.” — Peter DeFazio
44. “Social media is hugely important as a vehicle for communication. That’s the reality today, whether you like it or not. The good part is that you can continually share news about yourself and your company. But it can also make the design timeline more challenging.” — Peter Dundas
45. “As you know, the Australian Labour Party is committed to turning the country into a republic. We’ve not stipulated a timeline for doing that. We are sensitive to the other priorities we’ve got as a nation and in the world, but in time the country will head in that direction.” — Kevin Rudd
46. “When I tell people there are three stories in ‘Thunderstruck’ that were from the same wrecked novel, they want to guess what they are. Nobody has. There are no characters or timelines in common. They’re structured very differently. A good novel wouldn’t have pulled apart so easily.” — Elizabeth McCracken
47. “The five stages – denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance – are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost. They are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling. But they are not stops on some linear timeline in grief.” — Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
48. “There really is not any difference between any of us because we’re only talking about the difference of one moment in time between remembering. We can’t judge what’s right for each individual because each person will get what they are ready for within the moment that is presented during that timeline process.” — Christine McCormick Day
49. “There are a lot of sources of information out there, so why don’t you curate for yourself a list, like a real timeline of information, like the New York Times, or JetBlue, or your friends, or this comedian, or this guy who pretends to be a cat, or whatever it is, whatever entertains you, whatever you find useful.” — Biz Stone
50. “There were timelines branching and branching, a mega-universe of universes, millions more every minute. Billions? Trillions? The universe split every time someone made a decision. Split, so that every decision ever made could go both ways. Every choice made by every man, woman, and child was reversed in the universe next door.” — Larry Niven
Which of these Timeline Quotes is your Favorite?
We hope you have liked our list of the best timeline quotes.
Since each section offers specific timeline quotes, it won’t be difficult for you to find your favorite quote.
On the other hand, most of these quotes are engaging and interesting.
So share them with your friends and family.
If you have come across a timeline quote that inspires you the most, don’t forget to share it with us.
You can use our comments section for this purpose.
We would love to hear from you.