We could all use a little more tranquility in our lives and hopefully, these tranquility quotes will help bring some calm to your life.
The first step is understanding what tranquility actually means.
The dictionary defines tranquility as the “quality or state of being tranquil; calmness; peacefulness; quiet; serenity.”
These sound like excellent things many of us long for on a daily basis.
Are you looking for the perfect caption for an Instagram post of you sitting by a placid lake?
How about that shot of you doing some sunrise yoga?
Or better yet, that picture of you trying to do laundry while the kids throw all the folded clothes around.
Sometimes, we need tranquility quotes to show just how chaotic our lives can be at any given moment!
Tranquility is such an important philosophical concept that even Buddha and the Dalai Lama have weighed in on how we mere mortals can try and achieve it.
Keep reading through these tranquility quotes for some tips on how you can make your life more calm and peaceful.
Don’t forget to also check out these serenity quotes to calm your mind.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Tranquility quotes for Instagram
1. “I am a glutton for tranquility.” ― Wole Soyinka
You will also enjoy our article on rest in peace quotes.
2. “Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.” ― James Thurber
You will also enjoy our article on peace quotes.
3. “Motion is tranquility.” ― Stirling Moss
You will also enjoy our article on simplicity quotes.
4. “The ideal of beauty is simplicity and tranquility.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
You will also enjoy our article on Buddha quotes.
5. “Now painting is different. It’s something recollected in tranquility.” ― Jack Levine
You will also enjoy our article on calm quotes.
6. “It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility and occupation which give you happiness.” ― Thomas Jefferson
7. “In life, we like tranquility; in books, we love tension.” ― Ben Dolnick
8. “Great tranquility of heart is his who cares for neither praise nor blame.” ― Thomas a Kempis
9. “The positive vibrations of unregulated joy, peace, happiness and tranquility is freedom.” ― T.F. Hodge
10. “Being well-dressed gives a feeling of inward tranquility which psychoanalysis is powerless to bestow.” ― Sebastian Horsley
11. “It is vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquility; they must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.” ― Charlotte Bronte
Tranquility quotes from Buddha and the Dalai Lama
12. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” ― Buddha
13. “Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.” ― Buddha
14. “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.” ― Buddha
15. “Learn this from water: loud splashes the brook but the ocean’s depth are calm.” ― Buddha
16. “If you are quiet enough, you will hear the flow of the universe. You will feel its rhythm. Go with this flow. Happiness lies ahead. meditation is key.” ― Buddha
17. “As you breathe in, cherish yourself. As you breathe out, cherish all beings.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
18. “When we develop patience, we find that we develop a reserve of calm and tranquility.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
19. “Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the tranquility and happiness we all seek.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
20. “A heart full of love and compassion is the main source of inner strength, willpower, happiness, and mental tranquility.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
21. “We have a largely materialistic lifestyle characterized by a materialistic culture. However, this only provides us with temporary, sensory satisfaction, whereas long-term satisfaction is based not on the senses but on the mind. That’s where real tranquility is to be found. And peace of mind turns out to be a significant factor in our physical health too.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
Inspirational tranquility quotes to help maintain calm
22. “I am sustained by the tranquility of an upright and loyal heart.” ― Peter Stuyvesant
23. “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.” ― Norman Vincent Peale
24. “Quiet is peace. Tranquility. Quiet is turning down the volume knob on life. Silence is pushing the off button. Shutting it down. All of it.” ― Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner
25. “There is no real silence for the sensitive ears and there is no real tranquility for the sensitive hearts!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
26. “The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good. Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom.” ― James Allen
27. “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” ― Saint Francis de Sales
28. “I am like a deep, still mountain lake. The surface is a mirror that reflects the sky above. I await in tranquility for the breath of God to move upon me.” ― Elizabeth C. Dixon
29. “It is in your power to withdraw yourself whenever you desire. Perfect tranquility within consists in the good ordering of the mind, the realm of your own.” ― Marcus Aurelius
30. “Personal tranquility consists in the orderly structuring of the mind, which occurs whenever a person engages in the exquisite practice of contemplating personal experiences, harmonizing time spent with other people, reading great books, and working on self-improvement.” ― Kilroy J. Oldster
31. “If you keep looking within, you will find stillness, a tranquillity that you’ve never experienced before. It’s like this secret space your mind can visit that unlocks new levels of creativity and confidence that you never thought possible.” ― Joel Annesley, ‘Quiet Confidence: Breaking Up With Shyness’ (2018)
Tranquility quotes about the power of going with the flow
32. “This is how memories are made… by going with the flow.” ― Amanda Bynes
33. “When you learn to flow with life, you discover the way to just be. When you simply are, you are happy!” ― AVIS Viswanathan
34. “Life is like a river. You just have to go with the flow and not let the pesky rocks in the water get in your way.” ― Meg Bowling
35. “Flow with whatever is happening and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.” ― Chuang Tzu
36. “Go with the flow is an often-heard term. It is arguably a good course to adopt if you wish a relatively trouble-free life.” ― Rex Ellis
37. “If you want to go with the flow and find a way to blissful living, you must recognize, relate to, assimilate, and control this enemy number one that is within us all.” ― Rev. Dr. Mushtaq H. Jaafri
38. “Flow doesn’t come to those who try to do things well, it comes to those who try to do things freely.” ― Barry Michaels
39. “Going with the flow is responding to cues from the universe. When you go with the flow, you’re surfing Life force. It’s about wakeful trust and total collaboration with what’s showing up for you.” ― Danielle LaPorte
40. “Balance is not always obtainable in every situation, however, we have the option to surrender our control over the desired outcome and live more easily in the present moment . This will result in greater peace of mind.” ― Nanette Mathews
41. “Taking the path of least resistance is always helpful and peaceful, which is always in line with your life’s purpose. If your current work area is different than your purpose then you will face extra challenges.” ― Hina Hashmi
Tranquility quotes about finding peace in nature
42. “It’s all about finding the calm in the storm.” ― Donna Karen
43. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” — Albert Einstein
44. “Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
45. “The goal of life is living in agreement with nature.” — Zeno
46. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” — Rachel Carson
47. “Looking at beauty in the world, is the first step of purifying the mind.” — Amit Ray
48. “Life sucks a lot less when you add mountain air, a campfire and some peace and quiet.” — Brooke Hampton
49. “If you are driven by fear, anger or pride nature will force you to compete. If you are guided by courage, awareness, tranquility and peace nature will serve you.” ― Amit Ray, Nonviolence: The Transforming Power
50. “When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always. (151)” ― Sri S. Satchidananda, The Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali
51. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.” — John Lubbock
Wise Tranquility Quotes To Give You Peace of Mind
52. “God bless you all with peace, tranquility and good will.” ― Bob Dylan
53. “Peace is liberty in tranquility.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
54. “The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise long for a state of tranquility.” ― Rama Swami
55. “Water is the most expressive element in nature. It responds to every mood from tranquility to turbulence.” ― Walter J. Phillips
56. “It is tranquil people who accomplish much.” ― Henry David Thoreau
57. “The very secret of life for me, I believed, was to maintain in the midst of rushing events an inner tranquility.” ― Margaret Bourke-White
58. “Virtue offers the only path in this life that leads to tranquility.” ― Juvenal
59. “Learning is an experience understood in tranquility.” ― Charles Handy
60. “Tolerance and tranquility are two characteristics of true love.” ― Nhat Hanh
61. “Sleep, nature’s rest, divine tranquility, That brings peace to the mind.” ― Ovid
Tranquility Quotes To Help You Stay Calm
62. “A late summer garden has a tranquility found no other time of the year.” — William F. Longgood
63. “Tranquility, serenity, and beauty of nature taught me how to find happiness in life and in the silence of eternity.” — Debasish Mridha
64. “Creativity is a way of life: It is freedom. A confidence. A tranquility. A surrender. A natural state of living that expands everything.” — Robert Sturman
65. “A happy life consists in tranquility of mind.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
66. “I know exactly what I want. Calm, peace, tranquility, freedom, fun, and happiness.” — Johnny Depp
67. “May you find serenity and tranquility in a world you may not always understand.” — Sandra Sturz
68. “Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility.” — William Wordsworth
69. “When you’re at peace with your life and in a state of tranquility, you actually send out a vibration of energy that impacts all living creatures.” — Wayne Dyer
70. “Do not allow chaos disturb your inner tranquility, serenity, and peace.” — Debasish Mridha
71. “The beauty of Zen is found in simplicity and tranquility, in a sense of the all-embracing harmony of things.” — Thich Thien-An
What did you learn from these Tranquility quotes?
One way we can bring more tranquility to our lives is to spend more time in nature.
There is a reason why tranquility quotes often reference the beauty of nature, and that is because we all need to connect with something bigger than ourselves.
Spending an hour outside every day is a wonderful way to boost your mental health.
Another way to reduce stress and minimize chaos is to follow a schedule and implement a daily routine.
Set aside time for work, school, and self-care activities.
Being able to better manage your time will make sure that you get everything done, and still have time for the things you enjoy.
What are some things you do to find tranquility amidst the hustle and bustle of your day?
You can use the comment section below to share your tips or some of your other favorite tranquility quotes and sayings with us.
Stay calm and carry on.