We could all use a little more tranquility in our lives and hopefully, these tranquility quotes will help bring some calm to your life.
The first step is understanding what tranquility actually means.
The dictionary defines tranquility as the “quality or state of being tranquil; calmness; peacefulness; quiet; serenity.” These sound like excellent things many of us long for on a daily basis.
Are you looking for the perfect caption for an Instagram post of you sitting by a placid lake? How about that shot of you doing some sunrise yoga? Or better yet, that picture of you trying to do laundry while the kids throw all the folded clothes around. Sometimes, we need tranquility quotes to show just how chaotic our lives can be at any given moment!
Tranquility is such an important philosophical concept that even Buddha and the Dalai Lama have weighed in on how we mere mortals can try and achieve it. Keep reading through these tranquility quotes for some tips on how you can make your life more calm and peaceful.
Don’t forget to also check out these serenity quotes to calm your mind.
Tranquility quotes for Instagram
1. “I am a glutton for tranquility.” ― Wole Soyinka
2. “Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.” ― James Thurber
3. “Motion is tranquility.” ― Stirling Moss
4. “The ideal of beauty is simplicity and tranquility.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
5. “Now painting is different. It’s something recollected in tranquility.” ― Jack Levine
6. “It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility and occupation which give you happiness.” ― Thomas Jefferson
7. “In life, we like tranquility; in books, we love tension.” ― Ben Dolnick
8. “Great tranquility of heart is his who cares for neither praise nor blame.” ― Thomas a Kempis
8. “The positive vibrations of unregulated joy, peace, happiness and tranquility is freedom.” ― T.F. Hodge
9. “Being well-dressed gives a feeling of inward tranquility which psychoanalysis is powerless to bestow.” ― Sebastian Horsley
10. “It is vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquility; they must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.” ― Charlotte Bronte
Tranquility quotes from Buddha and the Dalai Lama
11. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” ― Buddha
12. “Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.” ― Buddha
13. “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.” ― Buddha
14. “Learn this from water: loud splashes the brook but the ocean’s depth are calm.” ― Buddha
15. “If you are quiet enough, you will hear the flow of the universe. You will feel its rhythm. Go with this flow. Happiness lies ahead. Meditation is key.” ― Buddha
16. “As you breathe in, cherish yourself. As you breathe out, cherish all beings.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
17. “When we develop patience, we find that we develop a reserve of calm and tranquility.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
18. “Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the tranquility and happiness we all seek.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
19. “A heart full of love and compassion is the main source of inner strength, willpower, happiness, and mental tranquility.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
20. “We have a largely materialistic lifestyle characterized by a materialistic culture. However, this only provides us with temporary, sensory satisfaction, whereas long-term satisfaction is based not on the senses but on the mind. That’s where real tranquility is to be found. And peace of mind turns out to be a significant factor in our physical health too.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
Inspirational tranquility quotes to help maintain calm
21. “I am sustained by the tranquility of an upright and loyal heart.” ― Peter Stuyvesant
22. “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.” ― Norman Vincent Peale
23. “Quiet is peace. Tranquility. Quiet is turning down the volume knob on life. Silence is pushing the off button. Shutting it down. All of it.” ― Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner
24. “There is no real silence for the sensitive ears and there is no real tranquility for the sensitive hearts!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
25. “The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good. Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom.” ― James Allen
26. “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” ― Saint Francis de Sales
27. “I am like a deep, still mountain lake. The surface is a mirror that reflects the sky above. I await in tranquility for the breath of God to move upon me.” ― Elizabeth C. Dixon
28. “It is in your power to withdraw yourself whenever you desire. Perfect tranquility within consists in the good ordering of the mind, the realm of your own.” ― Marcus Aurelius
29. “Personal tranquility consists in the orderly structuring of the mind, which occurs whenever a person engages in the exquisite practice of contemplating personal experiences, harmonizing time spent with other people, reading great books, and working on self-improvement.” ― Kilroy J. Oldster
30. “If you keep looking within, you will find stillness, a tranquillity that you’ve never experienced before. It’s like this secret space your mind can visit that unlocks new levels of creativity and confidence that you never thought possible.” ― Joel Annesley, ‘Quiet Confidence: Breaking Up With Shyness’ (2018)
Tranquility quotes about the power of going with the flow
31. “This is how memories are made… by going with the flow.” ― Amanda Bynes
32. “When you learn to flow with life, you discover the way to just be. When you simply are, you are happy!” ― AVIS Viswanathan
33. “Life is like a river. You just have to go with the flow and not let the pesky rocks in the water get in your way.” ― Meg Bowling
34. “Flow with whatever is happening and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.” ― Chuang Tzu
35. “Go with the flow is an often-heard term. It is arguably a good course to adopt if you wish a relatively trouble-free life.” ― Rex Ellis
36. “If you want to go with the flow and find a way to blissful living, you must recognize, relate to, assimilate, and control this enemy number one that is within us all.” ― Rev. Dr. Mushtaq H. Jaafri
37. “Flow doesn’t come to those who try to do things well, it comes to those who try to do things freely.” ― Barry Michaels
38. “Going with the flow is responding to cues from the universe. When you go with the flow, you’re surfing Life force. It’s about wakeful trust and total collaboration with what’s showing up for you.” ― Danielle LaPorte
39. “Balance is not always obtainable in every situation, however, we have the option to surrender our control over the desired outcome and live more easily in the present moment . This will result in greater peace of mind.” ― Nanette Mathews
40. “Taking the path of least resistance is always helpful and peaceful, which is always in line with your life’s purpose. If your current work area is different than your purpose then you will face extra challenges.” ― Hina Hashmi
Tranquility quotes about finding peace in nature
41. “It’s all about finding the calm in the storm.” ― Donna Karen
42. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” — Albert Einstein
43. “Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
44. “The goal of life is living in agreement with nature.” — Zeno
45. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” — Rachel Carson
46. “Looking at beauty in the world, is the first step of purifying the mind.” — Amit Ray
47. “Life sucks a lot less when you add mountain air, a campfire and some peace and quiet.” — Brooke Hampton
48. “If you are driven by fear, anger or pride nature will force you to compete. If you are guided by courage, awareness, tranquility and peace nature will serve you.” ― Amit Ray, Nonviolence: The Transforming Power
49. “When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always. (151)” ― Sri S. Satchidananda, The Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali
50. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.” — John Lubbock
What did you learn from these Tranquility quotes?
One way we can bring more tranquility to our lives is to spend more time in nature. There is a reason why tranquility quotes often reference the beauty of nature, and that is because we all need to connect with something bigger than ourselves.
Spending an hour outside every day is a wonderful way to boost your mental health. A recent study by Dr. Razani found that when people spend time outside it can reduce their stress level by up to 4%.
Another way to reduce stress and minimize chaos is to follow a schedule and implement a daily routine. Set aside time for work, school, and self-care activities. Being able to better manage your time will make sure that you get everything done, and still have time for the things you enjoy.
What are some things you do to find tranquility amidst the hustle and bustle of your day? You can use the comment section below to share your tips or some of your other favorite tranquility quotes and sayings with us. Stay calm and carry on.
January 19, 2022 7:00 AM EST