Inspirational Perseverance Quotes for Life’s Toughest Times
When the going gets tough, these perseverance quotes are gonna be the fuel for your inner fire.
April 18, 2023 5:30 AM EST
Life gets tough, but these perseverance quotes will speak to your fighting spirit if you know how to stay strong.
Know someone who needs help staying strong?
Share these quotes about perseverance with them today!
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by the University of Scranton, only 19% of people who set goals achieve them, while 81% of people give up before they achieve their desired outcome.
Don’t be part of the majority that gives up too soon! Instead, read perseverance quotes to motivate and inspire you to keep going.
Perseverance is the relentless attempt to achieve success and accomplish your desired goals.
You achieve not simply by trying but by persevering.
This is characterized by three (3) traits, which are keys to unlocking the door to success:
1. Never giving up,
2. Not being limited by time constraints; and
3. Staying rooted in the confidence that success is inevitable if you continue to make a concerted effort to attain it.
It’s easy to say, “I can do it”.
But those who persevere don’t just say it – they do it and they live it.
Below are 30 perseverance quotes to encourage you to not simply speak about it, but also to live every day displaying your will to win.
If you need more motivation to ignite your fighting spirit, remember to also read our selection of inspirational never give up quotes.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Perseverance Never Quits
Instead, It Boldly Says, “I Can!”
According to the World Health Organization, depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide.
If you’re feeling down, read inspirational perseverance quotes to lift your spirits and remind you that you’re not alone.
1. “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.” – Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on fire quotes.
2. “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.” – Walter Elliot
You will also enjoy our article on hard times quotes.
3. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
You will also enjoy our article on failure quotes.
4. “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” – Abraham Lincoln
You will also enjoy our article on tough times.
5. “Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.” – Louis Pasteur
You will also enjoy our article on consistency quotes.
6. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” – Vince Lombardi Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on sacrifice quotes.
7. “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” – Charles F. Kettering
You will also enjoy our article on Socrates quotes.
8. “Some lean back. But those who lean forward are poised to cross the finish line, first!” – T.F. Hodge, From Within I Rise: Spiritual Triumph Over Death and Conscious Encounters with “The Divine Presence”
You will also enjoy our article on anxiety quotes.
9. “Though you may hear me holler, and you may see me cry– I’ll be dogged, sweet baby, if you gonna see me die.” – Langston Hughes
You will also enjoy our article on adversity quotes.
10. “Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.”– Drew Barrymore
Also, read these inspiring comeback quotes and sayings that will help you bounce back after a setback.
Perseverance quotes to inspire patience
According to a survey by the American Psychological Association, 59% of adults say they feel stressed out daily.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, read inspirational perseverance quotes to remind yourself that you have the strength and resilience to overcome any obstacle.
Perseverance Is Best Friends with Patience
Remain calm through thick and thin; hold tightly to your beliefs, knowing time is NOT the enemy, but your closest ally.
11. “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” – John Quincy Adams
You will also enjoy our article on discipline quotes.
12. “If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.” – Flavia Weedn
You will also enjoy our article on badass quotes.
13. “The difference between the difficult and the impossible is that the impossible takes a little longer time.” – Lady Aberdeen
You will also enjoy our article on pain quotes.
14. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” – A.A. Milne, “Winnie-the-Pooh”
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about being strong.
15. “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won’t.” – Henry Ward Beecher
You will also enjoy our article on dedication quotes.
16. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on self esteem quotes on confidence.
17. “Have the courage to start, the perseverance to continue and the kindness to make it all beautiful.”― Maxime Lagacé
You will also enjoy our article on endurance quotes.
18. “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins- not through strength but by perseverance.” – H. Jackson Brown
19. “Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.” – Douglas MacArthur
20. “How long should you try? UNTIL!” – Jim Rohn
Also, check out these survival quotes that will motivate you to keep going.
Perseverance quotes to inspire you to achieve the impossible
A Fall Does Not Deter Perseverance
Failure does not demoralize it; instead, faith stimulates it.
According to a study by Angela Duckworth, perseverance or grit is a stronger predictor of success than IQ or talent.
This means that even if you don’t have a high IQ or innate talent for something, you can still achieve success through perseverance and determination.
21. “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott
You will also enjoy our article on grit quotes.
22. “Sometimes you must cross a bridge and other times you need to burn it. But, always keep building one and never lose your faith in life.” – Dodinsky
You will also enjoy our article on patience quotes.
23. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
You will also enjoy our article on moving forward quotes.
24. “Failure is often that early morning hour of darkness which precedes the dawning of the day of success.” – Leigh Mitchell Hodges
You will also enjoy our article on swimming quotes.
25. “A bend in the road is not the end of the road…Unless you fail to make the turn.” – Helen Keller
You will also enjoy our article on passion quotes.
26. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Margaret Thatcher quotes about strong will and leadership.
You will also enjoy our article on Benjamin Franklin quotes.
27. “Through perseverance, many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.” – Benjamin Disraeli
28. “As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better.” – Steve Maraboli
29. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
Remember to also read these overcoming dark quotes for moving past hard times.
Perseverance quotes about overcoming obstacles
A study by the University of Pennsylvania found that perseverance can help people cope with stress and trauma.
By cultivating a sense of perseverance, individuals can better handle life’s challenges and come out stronger on the other side.
30. “History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.” – B.C. Forbes
31. “Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” – Thomas Carlyle
32. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
33. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
34. “Perseverance is the secret of all triumphs.” – Victor Hugo
35. “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” – Julie Andrews
36. “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
37. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ― Confucius, Confucius: The Analects
38. “Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.” ― Marilyn Monroe
39. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – John Wooden
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of determination quotes to help you keep moving forward.
40. “Don’t give up in times of difficulty. Persevere on as there will be an end to these.” – Edward Dunedin
Quotes about perseverance to help you succeed
According to a study by the University of California, Berkeley, perseverance can be learned and developed over time.
This means that even if you feel like you lack perseverance currently, you can work to cultivate it and become more resilient in the face of challenges.
41. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength” – Oprah
42. “To persevere in one’s duty and be silent, is the best answer to calumny.” – George Washington
If you’re enjoying these quotes, check out our George Washington quotes from America’s first president.
43. “Purity, patience and perseverance are the three essentials to success and above all love.” – Swami Vivekananda
44. “Continuous effort–not strength or intelligence–is the key to unlocking our potential.”- Winston Churchill
45. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.”- Tommy Lasorda
46. “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” – Benjamin Franklin
47. “Once adversity reveals your strength, and you know what you can endure, you become an irrepressible force of nature.”― Abigail Damoah
48. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
49. “People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don’t know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to.” – George E. Allen
50. “In case of doubt, push on just a little further and then keep on pushing.” – General George S Patton, Jr.
Don’t forget to also read these finish strong quotes to help you go the distance.
Inspirational perseverance quotes that will remind you to never give up
According to a study published in the journal Emotion, individuals who reported higher levels of grit and perseverance were more likely to experience positive emotions and have better mental health outcomes.
This statistic can be used to show the potential benefits of cultivating perseverance, not just in terms of achieving goals, but also in terms of overall well-being and happiness.
51. “Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.” ― James A. Michener
52. “By perseverance, the snail reached the ark.” ― Charles Spurgeon
53. “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently.” ― Anthony Robbins
54. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” ― Dale Carnegie
55. “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” ― Teddy Roosevelt
56. “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.” ― Criss Jami
57. “Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.” ― Mary Anne Radmacher
58. “Giving up is the only sure way to fail.” ― Gena Showalter
59. “Keep trying until you have no more chances left.” ― Aimee Carter
60. “He who can have patience can have what he will.” ― Benjamin Franklin
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of running quotes to motivate you to stay active.
Perseverance quotes to make you strong
A survey conducted by the Pew Research Center found that a majority of Americans believe that hard work and determination are the most important factors for success, even more than factors such as talent, connections, or luck.
This statistic can be used to support the idea that perseverance is a highly valued trait in society, and how the quotes can reinforce the belief that hard work and determination can lead to success.
61. “There always comes a time in life where you can either give up or step up.”― Graeme Rodaughan
62. “The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it.”― Woodrow Wilson
63. “You can’t stop dreaming just because the night never seems to end.”―Curtis Tyrone Jones
64. “You can use the stumbling blocks to build your success.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
65. “The days without difficulty are the days you do not improve.”― Evan Winter
66. “With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.”― Thomas Fowell Buxton
67. “The hugest pile of challenges and hardships will not hold back a needle of the clock.”― Roy A. Ngansop
68. “They couldn’t catch you if you didn’t stop running.”― Dennis Lehane
69. “We all fall sometimes but it’s those that get back up and try again that make the difference.”― Gary Revel
70. “Perseverance is the mother who snuggles her children when they are impatient. Keep calm, everything will be solved. Keep persisting, go ahead.”― Alan Maiccon
71. “Perseverance is the act of true role models and heroes.”― Liza Wiemer
72. “It can take a lifetime to build something worthwhile. Those who stick with it, build a legacy without regrets.”― Trevor Carss
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of legacy quotes that will inspire you to start making your mark on the world today.
73. “A difficult life spent in hard-work, perseverance, and courage will pave the way for a life of true greatness!”― Avijeet Das
74. “If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.”― Jeffrey R. Holland
75. “Don’t be ashamed by your mistakes, they only prove that you try hard and never give up.”― Riley Czarkowski
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love our collection of comeback quotes that will help you bounce back.
Perseverance quotes to keep you going
According to a study published in the Journal of Positive Psychology, perseverance is a key component of resilience and can help individuals overcome adversity and achieve their goals.
This statistic can be used to highlight the importance of perseverance in personal growth and success, and how the quotes can inspire and motivate readers to persist in the face of challenges.
76. “What’s done is done. What’s gone is gone. One of life’s lessons is always moving on. It’s okay to look back to see how far you’ve come but keep moving forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
77. “Perseverance is a virtue that cannot be understated.” – Bob Riley
78. “Failure is a bend in the road, not the end of the road. Learn from failure and keep moving forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
79. “When the going gets tough, put one foot in front of the other and just keep going. Don’t give up.”― Roy T. Bennett
80. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr
81. “If you really want to eat, keep climbing. The fruits are on the top of the tree. Stretch your hands and keep stretching them. Success is on the top, keep going.”― Israelmore Ayivor
82. “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” – George Whitefield
83. “A bad day doesn’t cancel out a good life. Keep going.”― Richie Norton
84. “Everything that I’ve ever been able to accomplish in skating and in life has come out of adversity and perseverance.” – Scott Hamilton
85. “Today if anything is trying to hold you back, give no attention to it. Get your hopes up, get your faith up, look up, and get ready to rise up.”― Germany Kent
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these military quotes to honor our heroes.
Perseverance quotes to remind you of your strength
According to a study by the University of Pennsylvania, perseverance is strongly associated with positive outcomes such as greater happiness, improved health, and higher achievement levels.
This statistic can help emphasize the importance of perseverance and motivate readers to keep pushing forward despite challenges.
86. “Believe in yourself and all that you are, know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D Larson
87. “It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” –Confucius
88. “Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
89. “We will either find a way or make one.” – Hannibal
90. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
91. “Perseverance is an enduring spirit of patience.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
92. “Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” – Gillian Anderson
93. “Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting.” – Christopher Morley
94. “Keep the faith, don’t lose your perseverance and always trust your gut extinct.” – Paula Abdul
95. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of rejection quotes about life, love, and goals.
Perseverance quotes to inspire and make you strong
A survey conducted by OnePoll found that 65% of people believe that perseverance is essential for success, while 29% believe that luck plays a bigger role.
This statistic could spark discussion and debate among your readers about the role of perseverance versus luck in achieving success.
96. “Let me tell your something. I’m from Chicago. I don’t break.”― Barack Obama
97. “Dream after dream comes true—or rather is made true by persevering effort.”― L.M. Montgomery
98. “A large oak tree is just a little nut that refused to give up.”― David McGee
99. “Every obstacle is a hill, every hill is a training, every training makes you stronger.”― Maxime Lagacé
100. “Do you want to die, or do you want to die trying? Give up or give it a shot.”― Nick Trout
101. “Every storm runs out of rain.”― Maya Angelou
102. “To persevere with the will to understand in the face of obstacles is the heroism of consciousness.”― Nathaniel Branden
103. “Be persevering at the bottom, humble at the top.”― Maxime Lagacé
104. “Patience and perseverance are the two most important rules that you must always keep in mind.”― Dr. Prem Jagyasi
105. “The patience of perseverance is enduring to the end.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these inspirational challenge quotes about tough times in life, work and love.
Perseverance quotes to inspire you today
According to a study by the University of California, Berkeley, people who perceive themselves as having high levels of perseverance are more likely to achieve their goals, even when facing significant obstacles.
This statistic can inspire readers to cultivate a mindset of perseverance in order to achieve their own goals.
106. “Perseverance is the prize you have to pay for success.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
107. “Success doesn’t happen overnight. Keep an eye on the prize and don’t look back.” – Erin Andrews
108. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
109. “The giant tree you see today was once a small seed that held its ground.”― Amit Kalantri
110. “Your most valuable asset can be your willingness to persist longer than anyone else.” – Brian Tracy
111. “Even a snail will eventually reach its destination.” – Gail Tsukiyama
112. “Constant effort and frequent mistakes are the stepping stones to genius.” – Elbert Hubbard
113. “If you are persistent you will get it. If you are consistent you will keep it.”― Harvey MacKay
114. “Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until you get there.” – Josh Billings
115. “We worked from early morning until dark in sun, grey weather or in rain.” – Lawren Harris
116. “We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.” – Helen Keller
117. “Persistent perseverance is the only patience there is.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
118. “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” – William Feather
119. “We shall persevere because we must.”― C.A.A. Savastano
120. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
Perseverance quotes by celebrities
121. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
122. “Anybody can quit. Only a real champion and a person of character and strength can keep going and refuse to give up.” – Sadie Robertson Huff
123. “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” – Carrie Underwood
124. “I think sometimes in life the biggest challenges end up being the best things that happen in your life.” – Tom Brady
125. “It’s not wanting to win that makes you a winner, it’s refusing to fail.” – Peyton Manning
126. “You always have to work to become a better singer, songwriter and performer.” – Luke Bryan
127. “I’ve had a lot of success, I’ve had failures, so I learn from the failure.” – Gordon Ramsay
128. “There’s always stuff to work on. You’re never there.” – Tiger Woods
129. “Battles are fought in our minds every day. When we begin to feel the battle is just too difficult and want to give up, we must choose to resist negative thoughts and be determined to rise above our problems.” – Joyce Meyer
130. “Moral of the story, don’t ever let anyone stop you from chasing your dreams.” – Luke Combs
More perseverance quotes and sayings
131. “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” – H.G. Wells
132. “We make way for the man who boldly pushes past us.” – Christian Nestell Bovee
133. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
134. “If it’s endurable, then endure it. Stop complaining.” – Marcus Aurelius
135. “The only guarantee for failure is to stop trying.” – John C. Maxwell
136. “When things go wrong, don’t go with them.” – Elvis Presley
137. “Never, never, never give up.” – Winston Churchill
138. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
139. “You can’t lose if you don’t quit.” – Stephen C. Storey
140. “Perseverance is another word for faith.” – Earl Nightingale
Perseverance quotes to help you keep going
141. We must decide that we’re not going to quit. When we’re bombarded with doubts and fears, we must take a stand and say: “I’ll never give up! God’s on my side. He loves me, and He’s helping me! I’m going to make it!” – Joyce Meyer
142. “Persistence and determination are always rewarded.” – Christine Rice
143. “Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.” – John Quincy Adams
144. “A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success.” – Elbert Hubbard
145. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
146. “The key of persistence opens all doors closed by resistance.” – John Di Lemme
147. “Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
148. “Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.” – Marabel Morgan
149. “Paralyze resistance with persistence.” – Woody Hayes
150. “Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel.” – Napoleon Hill
Perseverance Quotes To Uplift Your Potential To Achieve Goals
151. “We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves.” ― Marie Curie
152. “It’s perseverance that’s the key. It’s persevering for long enough to achieve your potential.” ― Lynn Davies
153. “I’ll admit that it’s not easy to get an agent, but becoming successful in anything requires perseverance.” ― Nicholas Sparks
154. “For all things difficult to acquire, the intelligent man works with perseverance.” ― Laozi
155. “Success is the child of drudgery and perseverance. It cannot be coaxed or bribed; pay the price and it is yours.” ― Orison Swett Marden
156. “The greatest results in life are usually attained by common sense and perseverance.” ― Owen Feltham
157. “Fight hard, fight fair and persevere.” ― Edith Nourse Rogers
158. “When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal; you do not change your decision to get there.” ― Zig Ziglar
159. “Through hard work, perseverance and a faith in God, you can live your dreams.” ― Benjamin Carson
160. “A noble purpose inspires sacrifice, stimulates innovation and encourages perseverance.” ― Gary Hamel
Perseverance Quotes To Give You Patience
161. “Every time you fail and get back up. You practice perseverance, which is the key to life. Your strength comes in your ability to recover.” — Michelle Obama
162. “Perseverance is the one rule that will lead to the hilltops of life.” — Helena T. Doocey
163. “Patient effort, perseverance and hard work each day properly directed will surely bring success.” — Malcolm D. Lambourne
164. “Perseverance is the quality that enables weak men to become the equals of strong men. What the strong man can do at once the weak man can do by accomplishing a little at a time.” — M. A. Dunn
165. “Success in life is a matter not so much of talent or opportunity as of concentration and perseverance.” — E. C. Dowden
166. “Perseverance is trying and trying, And trying again each day.” — F. M. O’Rouke
167. “It ain’t nothing you can’t have if you willing to persevere! Willing to stick in there!” — Eric Thomas
168. “Perseverance conquers all things; it is the key to success. Keeping on is good but keeping on keeping on to the end wins the day, every time.” — S. E. Adkins
169. “Perseverance is the guide-post to success and achievement and the road to pleasure and happiness.” — Charles Francis Glass
170. “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” — Christopher Reeve
Perseverance Quotes To Keep Pushing Through
171. “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another.” — Walter Elliott
172. “If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius.” — Joseph Addison
173. “The rewards for those who persevere far exceed the pain that must precede the victory.” — Ted Engstrom
174. “To persevere, trusting in what hopes one has, is courage in a man. The coward despairs.” — Euripides
175. “Even in social life, it is persistency which attracts confidence more than talents and accomplishments.” — Henry Whipple
176. “Perseverance is the master impulse of the firmest souls.” — E.L. Magoon
177. “Perseverance is more prevailing than violence; and many things which cannot be overcome when they are together, yield themselves up when taken little by little.” — Plutarch
178. “In the realm of ideas, everything depends on enthusiasm. In the real world, all rests on perseverance.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
179. “Perseverance is the most underrated of traits, if it is unaccompanied by talent, beating your head against a wall is more likely to produce a concussion in the head than a hole in the wall.” — Sydney Harris
180. “Austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the least of us and rarely fails of its purpose for its silent power grows irreversibly greater with time.” — Goethe
Perseverance Quotes on Endurance and Determination
181. “Perseverance isn’t just the willingness to work hard. It’s that plus the willingness to be stubborn about your own belief in yourself.” ― Merlin Olsen
182. “Persistence is the great measure of individual human character.” ― Brian Tracy
183. “Perhaps the greatest display of self-discipline is persisting when the going gets tough. Persistence is self-discipline in action.” ― Brian Tracy
184. “Determination and perseverance move the world; thinking that others will do it for you is a sure way to fail.” ― Marva Collins
185. “The future is too soon the past. So make perseverance your excellence and go confidently in the direction of your dreams.” ― Henry David Thoreau
186. “God grants victory to perseverance.” ― Simon Bolivar
187. “Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages.” ― George Washington
188. “The path from dreams to success does exist. May you have the vision to find it, the courage to get on to it, and the perseverance to follow it. Wishing you a great journey.” ― Kalpana Chawla
189. “When I began my humanitarian work, I understood that in order to gain credibility I needed patience, commitment and unwavering perseverance. I needed to ignore the skeptics.” ― Bianca Jagger
190. “Wisdom and understanding can only become the possession of individual men by travelling the old road of observation, attention, perseverance, and industry.” ― Samuel Smiles
What do you think about these perseverance quotes?
Perseverance is your willpower in action – an internal driving force pushing you to get things done despite a lack of resources, countless obstacles, and time constraints.
It is built on an inner strength that leans on desire, self-confidence, courage, diligence, and faith to stay the course.
You are encouraged to live a life that is rooted in perseverance.
Keep running the race believing the prize is yours – patiently waiting for you to claim it.
Did you enjoy these perseverance quotes and sayings?
What other quotes about perseverance and not giving up would you add to the list?
Tell us in the comment section below.
September 22, 2019 at 5:25 PM
Appreciate all the help and motivation just not sure who to trust.
August 19, 2019 at 2:25 PM
Great work in motivating people and inspiring them on perseverance