Family Vacation Quotes About Memories That Last a Lifetime
March 8, 2023 5:47 AM EST
These family vacation quotes will remind you why family vacations are so important!
Family vacations create memories that will last a lifetime for you and those family members who enjoyed the vacation with you.
Whether your budget is big or small, the memories you make from a family vacation are priceless.
As we have experienced in life or seen on movies or television, some of the funniest memories are created from family vacations that did not go smoothly.
Take the time to plan your family vacation with everyone that will be going.
Even if they don’t act interested, it is important to get everyone invested in the vacation.
This helps them feel like they are part of the experience and can enjoy the build-up to the vacation.
Take a look at these family vacation quotes for some family vacation ideas.
Best Family Vacation Quotes
Check out some of the best family vacation quotes!
1. “Family is family.” — Linda Linney
2. “To a child, love is spelled T-I-M-E.” — Zig Ziglar
3. “We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us.” — Nweke Pascal
4. “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” — Lewis Carroll
5. “The world, we’d discovered, doesn’t love you like your family loves you.” — Louis Zamperini
6. “Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings.” — Hodding Carter
7. “There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million.” — Walt Streightiff
8. “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” — Franklin P. Jones
9. “In the end, kids won’t remember that fancy toy you bought them, they will remember the time you spent with them.” — Kevin Heath
10. “What do parents owe their young that is more important than a warm and trusting connection to the Earth?” — Theodore Roszak
Family Vacation Quotes About Road Trips
Road trips are an essential part of a family vacation, as you can see from these quotes.
11. “When all else fails, take a vacation.” — Betty Williams
12. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” — Babs Hoffman
13. “The road goes on forever, and the party never ends.” — Robert Earl Keen
14. “My ideal travel companions are my family.” — Pharrell Williams
15. “Life is beautiful if you are on the road to somewhere.” — Orhan Pamuk
16. “Travel sparks our imagination, feeds our curiosity, and reminds us how much we all have in common.” — Deborah Lloyd
17. “A road trip is a way for the whole family to spend time together and annoy each other in interesting new places.” — Tom Lichtenheld
18. “When you travel with your children, you are giving them something that can never be taken away… experience, exposure, and a way of life.” — Pamela T. Chandler
19. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” — Mark Twain
20. “Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way.” — Emma Chase
Family Vacation Quotes to Build Excitement
One of the best things about a family vacation is the planning of it, where the excitement builds until you finally leave for vacation!
21. “Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain
22. “Any day spent with you is my favorite day.” — A.A. Milne
23. “Family is a life jacket in the stormy sea of life.” — J.K. Rowling
24. “I don’t think quantity time is as special as quality time with your family.” — Reba McEntire
25. “There are two kinds of travel: first class and with children.” — Robert Benchley
26. ‘Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.’ — Izaak Walton
27. “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” — Bob Talbert
28. “Travel is like an endless university. You never stop learning.” — Harvey Lloyd
29. “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” — Jaime Lyn Beatty
30. “Family and friendships are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness.” — John C. Maxwell
Family Vacation Quotes About Family-Friendly Destinations
Enjoy these family vacation quotes to some of the most family-friendly destinations.
31. “Oh, the places you’ll go.” — Dr. Seuss
32. “Home is people. Not a place.” — Robin Hobb
33. “Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.” — Leigh Hunt
34. “Do more things that make you forget to check your phone.” — Rebecca Cooper
35. “After a visit to the beach, it’s hard to believe that we live in a material world.” — Pam Shaw
36. “Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience.” — Francis Bacon
37. “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” — Trenton Lee Stewart
38. “And we will meet in the woods far, far away from this hustle and bustle… and share love and sunshine.” — Avijeet Das
39. “Once the travel bug bites, there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” — Michael Palin
40. “The best education you will ever get is traveling. Nothing teaches you more than exploring the world and accumulating experiences.” — Mark Paterson
Family Vacation Quotes About Creating Memories
Whether your family vacation went smoothly or you had a lot of bumps, you will create memories for a lifetime!
41. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” — Chief Seattle
42. “I choose to collect memories instead of things.” — Elena Levon
43. “The memories we make with our family is everything.” — Candace Cameron Bure
44. “Every day we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” — Charles R Swindoll
45. “The most beautiful things are not associated with money; they are memories and moments.” — Alek Wek
46. “To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.” — Barbara Johnson
47. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes memory.” — Dr. Seuss.
48. “In my children’s memories, the adventures we’ve had together in nature will always exist.” — Richard Louv
49. “There are no perfect parents, and there are no perfect children, but there are plenty of perfect moments along the way.” — Dave Willis
50. “I am convinced that the greatest legacy we can leave our children are happy memories: those precious moments so much like pebbles on the beach that are plucked from the white sand and placed in tiny boxes that lay undisturbed on tall shelves until one day they spill out and time repeats itself, with joy and sweet sadness, in the child now an adult.” — Og Mandino
Where Should You Go on a Family Vacation?
One of the best things about a family vacation is that the answer to where you should go differs for everyone.
Whether you want a road trip or one destination, you have plenty of options.
Your budget may be smaller, but that is ok; camping is a great family vacation, or you may have a large budget and want to take the family on an island vacation!
Please share these family vacation quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about your personal family vacation experiences in the comment section.