If you are feeling blue because you are missing someone important to you, let these missing friends quotes offer you a little support.
Friends are an important part of our lives and missing them can be difficult.
You may also enjoy our article on:
There might be many reasons for missing your friend—maybe they moved, maybe they passed away, or maybe you had a falling out.
Maybe you are the type of person who has had the same circle of friends since high school and now 40 years later you are moving away.
Or maybe, you made a new friend recently, but that person helped you grow and change.
Regardless of how long you have been someone’s friend, it is ok to miss them when they are gone!
Time spent knowing a person does not always equate to having a deep and meaningful relationship with someone.
That closeness is built on similar past experiences, new experiences shared between people, and how open and honest you are with each other.
If you are missing your friends for whatever reason, then hopefully, these missing friends quotes will help ease the pain.
At the end of this article, there are a few tips for coping with missing your friends that you might also find helpful.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
You will also enjoy our article on lonely quotes.
Missing your best friend quotes
Few things are harder in life than losing your best friend, regardless of the situation. Take a look at the quotes below and see if you have experienced any of the quotes.
1. “When I miss my best friend, I miss my happiness.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on new friends quotes.
2. “There is no agony like the one I feel when I miss my best friend.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on friendship quotes.
3. “One of the worst things in the world is to miss your BFF, so come back soon.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on best friend quotes.
4. “Miles don’t influence our friendship because love for you is always in my heart. I miss my best friend!” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on forgiveness quotes life love friendship.
5. “As long as we both share the same sky and breathe in the same air, we will remain best friends to each other. I miss you!” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on cousin quotes.
6. “We don’t talk every day and we don’t see each other often, but I know that if you’ll always be by my side. I miss my best friend.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about losing a loved one.
7. “It doesn’t matter even if you are far away from me, you will always be in my heart. I miss you my bff and love you infinitely.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on party quotes.
8. “Missing your best friend is seeing the empty seat beside you and knowing that your day is not the same without them in it.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on sisterhood quotes.
9. “The idea of a best friend is wonderful, as is the reality that you miss them because of life! Absolutely awful. My dearest bestie, I miss you!” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on moving away quotes.
10. “Though days, months and as well as seasons have changed, but my love for you is still the same. No matter what, you will always be my best friends forever. Missing you.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on i miss you quotes.
Meaningful missing friends quotes
This next collection of quotes have a deeper meaning that at first observed. Take you time reading through the quotes and see what you think.
11. “Missing our friend is missing ourselves from the world.” — Sashank Varma
You will also enjoy our article on hug quotes.
12. “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” — Nicholas Sparks
13. “There are friendships imprinted in our hearts that will never be diminished by time and distance.” — Dodinsky
14. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends leave footprints in your heart.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
15. “Friendship, like love, is destroyed by long absence, though it may be increased by short intermissions.” — Samuel Johnson
16. “Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.” — Henry David Thoreau
17. “No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other`s worth.” — Robert Southey
18. “You are the friend who will always hold a special place in my heart for your immense support in my difficult times. Miss you good friend.” — Unknown
19. “We frequently do not appreciate the importance of a real friend until they are gone. I’m really missing you ever since I’ve understood how important you are!” — Unknown
20. “When you part from your friend, you grieve not; For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain.” — Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on missing someone quotes.
Heartfelt missing friends quotes
This next collection of quotes will tug at your heart. Check out the quotes below and see if you can relate to any of these quotes.
21. “Friendship is… missing you like crazy.” — Unknown
22. “I want my friend to miss me as long as I miss him.” — Saint Augustine
23. “I always end up missing old friends and that feeling sucks.” — Unknown
24. “I am tired of missing you and it’s a shame we are not better friends.” — Unknown
25. “Sometimes someone’s presence matters, even if crowd gathers.” ― Syed Iflaq, Collection Of Poems
26. “Together we were unstoppable so I miss you now that we are no longer together, my friend.” — Unknown
27. “With you, it feels time just flies away. Without you, even a second seems like a day. I miss you my friend.” — Unknown
28. “When friendship is so significant, distance is barely noticeable. I’m dying to see your grin and hug you again.” — Unknown
29. “Poets use countless words to describe their pain, but I only need three: I miss you.” ― Caroline George, Dearest Josephine
30. “You made me understand the true nature of friendship. You have given me so many sweet memories to cherish for a lifetime. I miss you dear friend!” — Unknown
Sad missing someone quotes
You can feel the sadness of the individual that wrote these next quotes. Take a look at the quotes and see what you think.
31. “The absence of a message sometimes is a presence of one.” ― Hasse Jerner
32. “There is an ocean of silence between us… and I am drowning in it.” ― Ranata Suzuki
33. “But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.” ― Calla Quinn, All the Time
34. “Sometimes in life you have to miss someone you love until you don’t miss them anymore.” ― Angel Moreira
35. “Missing people is contagious, because it spreads through all the people you’ve ever missed.” ― Erin Moynihan, Laurel Everywhere
36. “That’s the worst way to miss somebody. When they’re right beside you and you miss them anyway.” ― Pittacus Lore, I Am Number Four
37. “I wonder if that’s just how it feels to miss someone so bad – like being stabbed in the gut a little bit, each time you think of them.” ― Kate Ellison, Notes from Ghost Town
38. “There should be a little gap between you and your friends, though you’ll miss their companionship and you’ll also miss their disrespect.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
39. “It’s hard when you miss people. But you know if you miss them, that means you’re lucky. It means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing.” ― Nikki Schiefelbein
40. “Missing someone is the worst form of torture because it never goes away no matter where you are or what you do with your life. And no matter how much time passes, you still feel the ache of their absence whenever they rise into your thoughts.” ― Caroline George, The Vestige
Sweet and thoughtful missing friends quotes
This next set of quotes are sweet and will make you think of friends you have lost in the past. Who did you think of when you read these quotes?
41. “What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.” — Richard Wilbur
42. “Listen to the sunset…see its pretty hue… When you see it, think of me…and I’ll think of you…” ― Oksana Rus
43. “Missing someone enlightens how the person means to you and broadens the feelings shared.” ― Unarine Ramaru
44. “When we miss someone, often, what we really miss is the part of us that with this someone awakens.” ― Luigina Sgarro
45. “Friends separated by distance may be maintained in thought, as well as letter writing or visiting.” — Blieszner & Adams
46. “I don’t know what they are called, the spaces between seconds – but I think of you always in those intervals.” — Salvador Plascencia
47. “Missing someone doesn’t always mean you need to have them back in your life. Sometimes you just feel their absence in the present.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
48. “When you miss someone in your life,just close your eyes and think about the things that you do when you are with each other.” — Jeramae Panabia
49. “However, if you think the growing apart can be reversed, you can try to reconnect with your friend and see if putting more time and emotion into the friendship can rekindle the bond you once had.” — Jan Yager
50. “I’m never sad when a friend goes far away, because whichever city or country that friend goes to, they turn the place friendly. They turn a suspicious-looking name on the map into a place where a welcome can be found.” — Helen Oyeyemi
Missing friends quotes to express your lonely feelings
51. “I only miss you when I’m breathing.” — Jason Derulo
52. “I miss you deeply, unfathomably, senselessly, terribly.” — Franz Kafka
53. “Missing you comes in waves and tonight I’m drowning.” — Chris Young
54. “I miss you in ways that not even words can understand.” — Gemma Troy
55. “I miss you in ways that not even words can understand.” — Gemma Troy
56. “Half of me is missing … and the other half is missing you.” — Ranata Suzuki
57. “My world is thinning and it’s all because of one person I’m missing.” — Sanober Khan
58. “Missing someone and not being able to see them is the worst feeling ever.” — Nathanael Richmond
59. “Missing someone is the same as breathing, I suppose. It continues until the end.” — Caroline George
60. “Missing you is flashes of our past and fantasies of our future with the hard irony of the absence of our present as present occurs.” — Zhi
How to cope with missing a friend
Human beings are social creatures and missing our friends can really weigh on us.
However, regardless of the reason you might be missing someone, there are ways you can help relieve the sadness and cope with the pain of loss.
First off, it is important to know that you need to take care of yourself.
Sit with your feelings and acknowledge them, but don’t let yourself get to the point where you can not eat or sleep.
You need to be well rested, properly fed, and kind to yourself to keep going.
Remember that even though you are missing your friend dearly, there are other people around you for support.
Lean on them a little. Missing someone means you are feeling lonely.
While the other people in your life will not replace the friend you lost, you can still experience joy and love from others.
Try doing the things you and your friends used to do together!
Clearly, those experiences brought you happiness, and you might feel more connected to your friend if you still engage in those activities.
It will also be good for your own psyche to immerse yourself in things you enjoy.
Life is full of loss for a variety of reasons.
Most of the time, unless it is in the case of death, missing your friend is not a permanent issue.
If someone is moving away, you can still plan visits, talk on the phone, and interact with each other online.
It will not be the same, but your friendship will evolve and the intense feeling of loneliness will ebb.
What missing friends quote did you find most helpful?
Share with your friends and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!
December 5, 2022 8:00 AM EST