The missing someone quotes below are here to provide you with comfort, reassurance, and a brand new perspective.
Missing someone is one of the most heart-wrenching emotions that you can experience.
Are you missing someone right now?
Despite the circumstance, missing someone can make you feel isolated.
When you’re in the trenches of this emotion, it sticks with you, and it can feel like there is nothing worse than it.
From TV personalities to authors, the people below have gone through the same things that you are right now.
If you’re having trouble expressing your feelings, you’ll find exactly what you’re looking to say in the quotes below.
Enjoy the beautiful, poetic collection of quotes below!
Also, check out these I miss you quotes for him and her.
Relatable missing someone quotes
1. “It’s better for people to miss you than to have seen too much of you.” – Edward Norton
2. “Missing someone and not being able to see them is the worst feeling ever.” – Nathanael Richmond
3. “It’s strange how many ways there are to miss someone. You miss the things they did and who they were, but you also miss who you were to them. The way everything you said and did was beautiful or entertaining or important. How much you mattered.” – Robin Roe
4. “No matter where you go you will always be in my heart.” – Anthony T. Hincks
5. “And they can’t understand, what hurts more—missing the other person, or pretending not to.” – Khadija Rupa
6. “When we miss someone, often, what we really miss is the part of us that this someone awakens.” – Luigina Sgarro
7. “I wish I had done everything on Earth with you.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
8. “I miss you in ways that not even words can understand.” – Gemma Troy
9. “It is lonely here and I miss your light.” – Ranata Suzuki
10. “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” – Virginia Woolf
11. “It’s so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.” – John Steinbeck
12. “I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing someone-you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence.” – Alyson Noel
13. “There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love.” – Washington Irving
14. “I miss you in waves and tonight I’m drowning.” – Denice Envall
15. “How strange to dream of you even when I am wide awake.” – D.J.
16. “If you want someone to miss you, go secretly and spray your fragrance somewhere.” – Blake Lively
Missing someone quotes about love
17. “I think that one of the reasons why people look towards the end of humanity is that people are afraid to die alone. If you die alone, the people you love will miss you, or if they die, you miss them – the sorrow is inevitable. When you truly love someone, the thought of losing them forever is horrible.” – Joe Rogan
18. “A key to keeping your husband is getting him to miss you. That keeps a marriage fresh.” – Tori Amos
19. “Among men and women, those in love do not always announce themselves with declarations and vows. But they are the ones who weep when you’re gone. Who miss you every single night, especially when the sky is so deep and beautiful, and the ground so very cold.” – Alice Hoffman
20. “You know someone is very special to you when days just don’t seem right without them.” – John Cena
21. “Missing someone is a part of loving them. If you’re never apart, you’ll never really know how strong your love is.” – Gustave Flaubert
22. “Perhaps one day we will meet again as characters in a different story, may we’ll share a lifetime then.” – Pavana
23. “When something you love gets taken away, it hurts you.” – Frank Gore
24. “The air I breathe in a room empty of you is unhealthy.” – John Keats
25. “I left the light in my heart on in case you ever wanted to come back home.” – Lennon Hodson
26. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – Winnie the Pooh
27. “The pain of missing you is a beautiful reminder of the joy of loving you.” – Dean Jackson
Don’t forget to also read these Bonnie and Clyde quotes for the ultimate ride or die couple.
Missing someone quotes about grief
28. “Grief is never something you get over. You don’t wake up one morning and say, ‘I’ve conquered that; now I’m moving on.’ It’s something that walks beside you every day. And if you can learn how to manage it and honour the person that you miss, you can take something that is incredibly sad and have some form of positivity.” – Terri Irwin
29. “There is no cure for grief which time does not lessen and soften.” – Cicero
30. “So don’t lose heart if you grieve. Every healthy human being grieves in their own way and at their own time.” – Michael Dunsmore
31. “Remembering our loved ones is breathing life into their fading images, that we might once more see their faces and pass along a tearful “I miss you.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
32. “What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes part of us.” — Helen Keller
33. “Grief is the agony of an instant; the indulgence of grief the blunder of a life.” – Benjamin Disraeli
34. “The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief – But the pain of grief is only a shadow when compared with the pain of never risking love.” – Hilary Stanton Zunin
35. “Grief at the absence of a loved one is happiness compared to life with a person one hates.” – Jean de la Bruyère
36. “Grief can’t be shared. Everyone carries it alone. His own burden in his own way.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
37. “Grief is like mending a knee. You can mend the knee and make it function, but the knee never actually heals.” – Jason Reynolds
38. “People in grief need someone to walk with them without judging them.” – Gail Sheehy
39. “Tearless grief bleeds inwardly.” – Christian Nestell Bovee
40. “While grief is fresh, every attempt to divert only irritates. You must wait till it be digested, and then amusement will dissipate the remains of it.” – Samuel Johnson
41. “Grief and loss happen to everyone. We’ve all felt misunderstood during times of great pain. We’ve also stood by, helpless, in the face of other people’s pain. We’ve all fumbled for words, knowing no words can ever make things right.” – Megan Devine
42. “Grief is like a moving river, so that’s what I mean by it’s always changing. It’s a strange thing to say because I’m at heart an optimistic person, but I would say in some ways it just gets worse. It’s just that the more time that passes, the more you miss someone.” – Michelle Williams
43. “Grief is the price we pay for love.” – Queen Elizabeth II
Missing someone quotes about letting go
44. “I wish for you the wisdom to realize that it’s okay to miss something, but not want it back.” – Steve Maraboli
45. “People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
46. “Relationships are eternal. The ‘separation’ is another chapter in the relationship. Often, letting go of the old form of the relationship becomes a lesson in pure love much deeper than any would have learned had the couple stayed together.” – Marianne Williamson
47. “Letting go helps us to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress.” – Melody Beattie
48. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” – Guy Finley
49. “I think that what makes you cool at the end of the day is letting go, not being superficial or uptight, and being different.” – Peyton List
50. “There’s a victory in letting go of your expectations.” – Mike White
51. “Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated.” – Alphonse de Lamartine
52. “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” – Kai Knudsen
Other Missing someone quotes and sayings
53. “I miss you more than the sun misses the sky at night.” – Taylor Swift
54. “It’s hard when you miss people. But you know if you miss them, that means you’re lucky. It means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing.” – Nikki Schiefelbein
55. “If you don’t think every day is a good day, just try missing one.” – Cavett Robert
56. “Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.” – Groucho Marx
57. “I suppose the things that you always take for granted, that you don’t even notice, are what you miss the most.” – Sarra Manning
58. “For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
59. “You left , and my heart is a ceaseless sermon of loneliness.” – Jesse Tyler Ferguson
60. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein
More insightful missing someone quotes
61. “That’s the worst way to miss somebody. When they’re right beside you and you miss them anyway.” ― Pittacus Lore
62. “But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.” ― Calla Quinn
63. “Your memory feels like home to me. So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds it’s way back to you.” ― Ranata Suzuki
64. “The worst thing you can do if you miss or need someone is let them know it.” ― Sarah Dessen
65. “No, I don’t miss you… Not in a way that one is missed.
But I think of you.
In the way that one might think of the summer sunshine
On a winter night…”
― Sreesha Divakaran
66. “How you can already miss someone when you are in the same room with them, I have no idea. But I do.” ― Karen Harrington
67. “His eyes missed her as much as the rest of him.” ― Rainbow Rowell
68. “I missed her, the idea of her.” ― Cecelia Ahern
69. “It’s wild to miss someone so much, and yet in order to care for them you have to constantly say goodbye.” ― Elizabeth Acevedo
70. “But as the years passed, he missed her more, not less, and his need for her became a cut that would not scar over, would not stop leaking.” ― Dennis Lehane
Missing Someone Quotes That Will Make You Emotional
71. “There’s solace in the thought that I will never finish missing her.” ― Jim Crace
72. “I just wanted to tell you how beautiful you were; that day, that night, that life.” ― Anthony Liccione
73. “She sits there and feels the loneliness and the lack of him.” ― Maggie O’Farrell
74. “I remember his eyes. They are just like mine. Every time I look in the mirror I see him. I try not to look at myself too much.” ― Ida Løkås
75. “Have you loved someone so deep in your heart, you wanted to keep them hidden & all to yourself?” ― Dinesh Kumar Biran
76. “I missed Eve so much I couldn’t be a human anymore and feel the pain that humans feel. I had to be an animal again.” ― Garth Stein
77. “There’s not a day that goes by, without me thinking of you, dying, in someone else’s arms.” ― Anthony Liccione
78. “Missing someone enlightens how the person means to you and broadens the feelings shared.” ― Unarine Ramaru
79. “I would remember how I had wanted her and hated her and wished she would leave me alone and never let me go. And I would miss her.” ― Amy Harmon
80. “I wonder if that’s just how it feels to miss someone so bad – like being stabbed in the gut a little bit, each time you think of them.” ― Kate Ellison
Have you let go of someone recently?
Letting go is a very difficult thing to do.
This is especially true if the person in question has become an important part of your life.
What I’ve learned is that what usually comes after the hard process of letting go is peace.
The tug of war of whether to keep someone in your life or not can clog your daily thoughts.
Where you used to have mental clarity, whether during school or work, you are constantly going through a fog.
Finally letting go can give you the clarity that you have always been searching for.
What’s your favorite missing someone quotes and saying above?
Are you planning on sharing it with a loved one?
Let us know your thoughts below!
September 9, 2022 5:00 AM EST