The missing someone quotes below will provide you with comfort, reassurance, and a brand new perspective.
These missing someone quotes linger in the air, capturing the bittersweet essence of longing.
They remind us that heartache is a testament to the indelible impact of those we hold dear.
Missing someone is one of the most heart-wrenching emotions that you can experience.
According to a YouGov survey, 62% of Americans have used text messages to express their feelings of missing someone, demonstrating that sending such messages is common.
Are you missing someone right now?
Despite the circumstances, missing someone can make you feel isolated in your daily life.
When you’re in the trenches of this emotion, it sticks with you, and it can feel like nothing is worse.
From TV personalities to authors, the people below have gone through the same things you are.
If you have trouble expressing your feelings when you miss someone, you’ll find exactly what you want to say in the quotes below.
Remember, it is also okay to not be okay.
This is completely normal, and you shouldn’t hesitate to seek emotional support.
Enjoy the beautiful, poetic collection of quotes below!
Relatable Missing Someone Quotes
The American Psychological Association reported that verbalizing emotions can have therapeutic benefits, reducing stress and promoting well-being.
So if you’re feeling down or missing someone, expressing your feelings through words, whether in person or through text message, can help you feel better and improve your mental health.
1. “It’s better for people to miss you than to have seen too much of you.” — Edward Norton
2. “Missing someone and not being able to see them is the worst feeling ever.” — Nathanael Richmond
3. “It’s strange how many ways there are to miss someone. You miss the things they did and who they were, but you also miss who you were to them.” — Robin Roe
4. “No matter where you go, you will always be in my heart.” — Anthony T. Hincks
5. “And they can’t understand what hurts more—missing the other person or pretending not to.” — Khadija Rupa
6. “When we miss someone, often, what we really miss is the part of us that this someone awakens.” — Luigina Sgarro
Intense Missing Someone Quotes
7. “I wish I had done everything on Earth with you.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
8. “I miss you in ways that not even words can understand.” — Gemma Troy
9. “It is lonely here, and I miss your light.” — Ranata Suzuki
10. “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” — Virginia Woolf
11. “It’s so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.” — John Steinbeck
12. “I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing someone; you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence.” — Alyson Noel
13. “There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love.” –— Washington Irving
14. “I miss you in waves, and tonight I’m drowning.” — Denice Envall
15. “How strange to dream of you even when I am wide awake.” — D.J.
16. “If you want someone to miss you, go secretly and spray your fragrance somewhere.” — Blake Lively
Missing someone quotes about love
A study published in the Journal of Communication concluded that expressing affection through text messages can increase relationship satisfaction and create new connections.
Thus, if you’re missing someone, sending them a heartfelt message can help strengthen your bond and show them that you cherish your relationship.
17. “If you die alone, the people you love will miss you, or if they die, you miss them – the sorrow is inevitable. When you truly love someone, the thought of losing them forever is horrible.” — Joe Rogan
18. “A key to keeping your husband is getting him to miss you.” — Tori Amos
19. “Among men and women, those in love do not always announce themselves with declarations and vows. But they are the ones who weep when you’re gone. Who miss you every single night, especially when the sky is so deep and beautiful, and the ground so very cold.” — Alice Hoffman
20. “You know someone is very special to you when days just don’t seem right without them.” — John Cena
21. “Missing someone is a part of loving them. If you’re never apart, you’ll never really know how strong your love is.” — Gustave Flaubert
22. “Perhaps one day we will meet again as characters in a different story; may we share a lifetime then.” — Pavana
23. “When something you love gets taken away, it hurts you.” — Frank Gore
24. “The air I breathe in a room empty of you is unhealthy.” — John Keats
25. “I left the light in my heart on in case you ever wanted to come back home.” — Lennon Hodson
26. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” — Winnie the Pooh
27. “The pain of missing you is a beautiful reminder of the joy of loving you.” — Dean Jackson
Quotes About Grief
28. “Grief is never something you get over. You don’t wake up one morning and say, ‘I’ve conquered that; now I’m moving on.’ It’s something that walks beside you every day.” — Terri Irwin
29. “Tearless grief bleeds inwardly.” — Christian Nestell Bovee
30. “Every healthy human being grieves in their own way and at their own time.” — Michael Dunsmore
31. “Remembering our loved ones is breathing life into their fading images, that we might once more see their faces and pass along a tearful “I miss you.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
32. “What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes part of us.” — Helen Keller
33. “Grief is the agony of an instant; the indulgence of grief the blunder of a life.” — Benjamin Disraeli
34. “The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief – But the pain of grief is only a shadow when compared with the pain of never risking love.” — Hilary Stanton Zunin
35. “Grief at the absence of a loved one is happiness compared to life with a person one hates.” — Jean de la Bruyère
36. “Grief can’t be shared. Everyone carries it alone.” — Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Quotes About Healing
37. “There is no cure for grief which time does not lessen and soften.” — Cicero
38. “Grief is like mending a knee. You can mend the knee and make it function, but the knee never actually heals.” — Jason Reynolds
39. “People in grief need someone to walk with them without judging them.” — Gail Sheehy
40. “While grief is fresh, every attempt to divert only irritates.” — Samuel Johnson
41. “Grief and loss happen to everyone. We’ve all felt misunderstood during times of great pain.” — Megan Devine
42. “Grief is like a moving river, so that’s what I mean by it’s always changing. It’s a strange thing to say because I’m, at heart, an optimistic person, but I would say, in some ways, it just gets worse. It’s just that the more time that passes, the more you miss someone.” — Michelle Williams
43. “Grief is the price we pay for love.” — Queen Elizabeth II
Quotes About Letting Go
When you miss people, the feelings and negative emotions can take a toll on your mental health.
Spending time focusing on your well-being and remembering the positive things and feelings shared will help you let go and find acceptance.
44. “I wish for you the wisdom to realize that it’s okay to miss something, but not want it back.” — Steve Maraboli
45. “People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
46. “Relationships are eternal. The ‘separation’ is another chapter in the relationship. Often, letting go of the old form of the relationship becomes a lesson in pure love much deeper than any would have learned had the couple stayed together.” — Marianne Williamson
47. “Letting go helps us to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress.” — Melody Beattie
48. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” — Guy Finley
49. “I think that what makes you cool at the end of the day is letting go, not being superficial or uptight, and being different.” — Peyton List
50. “There’s a victory in letting go of your expectations.” — Mike White
51. “Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated.” — Alphonse de Lamartine
52. “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” — Kai Knudsen
Other Missing Someone Quotes and Sayings
53. “I miss you more than the sun misses the sky at night.” — Taylor Swift
54. “It’s hard when you miss people. But you know if you miss them, that means you’re lucky. It means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing.” — Nikki Schiefelbein
55. “If you don’t think every day is a good day, just try missing one.” — Cavett Robert
56. “Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.” — Groucho Marx
57. “I suppose the things that you always take for granted, that you don’t even notice, are what you miss the most.” — Sarra Manning
58. “For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
59. “You left, and my heart is a ceaseless sermon of loneliness.” — Jesse Tyler Ferguson
60. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” — Robert A. Heinlein
Insightful Missing Someone Quotes
61. “That’s the worst way to miss somebody. When they’re right beside you, and you miss them anyway.” ― Pittacus Lore
62. “But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.” ― Calla Quinn
63. “Your memory feels like home to me. So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds its way back to you.” ― Ranata Suzuki
64. “The worst thing you can do if you miss or need someone is let them know it.” ― Sarah Dessen
65. “No, I don’t miss you… Not in a way that one is missed. But I think of you. Sometimes. In the way that one might think of the summer sunshine. On a winter night…”― Sreesha Divakaran
66. “How you can already miss someone when you are in the same room with them, I have no idea. But I do.” ― Karen Harrington
67. “His eyes missed her as much as the rest of him.” ― Rainbow Rowell
68. “I missed her, the idea of her.” ― Cecelia Ahern
69. “It’s wild to miss someone so much, and yet in order to care for them, you have to constantly say goodbye.” ― Elizabeth Acevedo
70. “But as the years passed, he missed her more, not less, and his need for her became a cut that would not scar over, would not stop leaking.” ― Dennis Lehane
Quotes That Will Make You Emotional
71. “There’s solace in the thought that I will never finish missing her.” ― Jim Crace
72. “I just wanted to tell you how beautiful you were; that day, that night, that life.” ― Anthony Liccione
73. “She sits there and feels the loneliness and the lack of him.” ― Maggie O’Farrell
74. “I remember his eyes. They are just like mine. Every time I look in the mirror, I see him. I try not to look at myself too much.” ― Ida Løkås
75. “Have you loved someone so deep in your heart, you wanted to keep them hidden & all to yourself?” ― Dinesh Kumar Biran
76. “I missed Eve so much I couldn’t be a human anymore and feel the pain that humans feel. I had to be an animal again.” ― Garth Stein
77. “There’s not a day that goes by without me thinking of you, dying, in someone else’s arms.” ― Anthony Liccione
78. “Missing someone enlightens how the person means to you and broadens the feelings shared.” ― Unarine Ramaru
79. “I would remember how I had wanted her and hated her and wished she would leave me alone and never let me go. And I would miss her.” ― Amy Harmon
80. “I wonder if that’s just how it feels to miss someone so bad – like being stabbed in the gut a little bit, each time you think of them.” ― Kate Ellison
Quotes to Express The Emptiness
81. “When you miss someone, you crumble in pieces with love; when you miss someone, you have a need to show it.” — Willene Bunting
82. “They say hope springs eternal; my hope in this empty place is for that to be true. Though I cannot bear the emptiness that comes from missing you.” — Gary Price
83. “Life has been good, and life has been miserable, but life without you would be no life at all.” — Beverly Marshaw
84. “You dance in my mind throughout the day, and I struggle to sleep at night because of you. I miss you.” — Stephanie Thom
85. “Her wild side. Her soft side. I missed everything.” — Shari Low
86. “There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from where they are and hug them for real.” — Diana Elmessiri
87. “I hope you are dancing with the angels and watching over us. I miss you, and forever will you be in our hearts.” — Becky Fairbanks
88. “I am continually thinking about you, and I miss you very much. Oh, when shall we meet again?” — Blanche Remington Eby
89. “Missing you is one of the highlights of my existence.” — William Wallace Tara
90. “I’m really learning what it is to truly miss someone.” — Karen Lynne Duffie
Missing Someone Quotes To Express The Empty Space Perfectly
91. “When you are missing someone, time seems to move slower, and when I’m falling in love with someone, time seems to be moving faster.” — Taylor Swift
92. “You never stop loving someone. You just learn to live without them.” ― Tupac Shakur
93.“Missing you is flashes of our past and fantasies of our future with the hard irony of the absence of our present as present occurs.” — Zhi
94. “Missing someone, they say, is self-centered. I self-center you more than ever.” — Sasa Stanisic
95. “I think part of me doesn’t want to remember him, for fear of missing him too much.” — Francesca Marciano
96. “Must I wonder if your thoughts are of me? If you are missing me, wanting me, creating heartbeats and poet-less words for me?” — N’Zuri Za Austin
97. “If you never left again, I would still spend the rest of my life missing you.” — Tessa Bailey
98. “My world is thinning, and it’s all because of one person I’m missing.” — Sanober Khan
99. “Missing someone doesn’t always mean you need to have them back in your life. Sometimes you just feel their absence in the present.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
100. “Whenever I am missing you, I also remember how fortunate I was that you were in my life. I wouldn’t trade those moments for the world.” — Cindy Adkins
Missing Someone Quotes To Show Power Of Genuine Love
101. “It may happen that we miss the people we took care of more than we miss those who took care of us because the desire to love and the search for meaning are stronger than the desire to be loved.” ― Luigina Sgarro
102. “When you miss your loved one, remember the beautiful moments you’ve had with them. And when your heart swells, cuddle your pillow and let your tears soothe the pain.” ― Anoir Ou-Chad
103. “Poets use countless words to describe their pain, but I only need three: I miss you.” ― Caroline George
104. “You are the someone in my life whom I will miss always!” ― Avijeet Das
105. “Missing someone is the same as breathing, I suppose. It continues until the end.” ― Caroline George
106. “I miss him for all the things he forgot to see in himself, and If I’m lucky fate will help us rekindle a flame that never got set alight in the first place.” ― Nikki Rowe
107. “You’ll fight. You’ll die. And I’ll miss you.” ― Brent Weeks
108. “As a child, I was very careful not to erase my mother’s writing on the chalkboard because I would miss her.” ― Joyce Rachelle
109. “Missing someone is the reverberating echo of everything beautiful about her—her laugh, her song, her touch, her smell, the power of her words, and the constant shadow that lingers on as her perfect image in your memory.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
110. “What a wonderful sadness to miss the one you have loved forever, it seems, and know that she is waiting at home.” ― Dan Groat
Heartfelt Quotes on Missing Someone
111. “I miss you. A little too much, a little too often, and a little more every day.” ― Ed Sheeran
112. “I miss you like hell.” ― Ernest Hemingway
113. “The thing that hurts the most is not being able to see you again. I miss you.” ― Nicholas Sparks
114. “The worst thing about missing you is that I can’t do anything about it.” ― J.A. Redmerski
115. “That’s how you know you love someone, I guess, when you can’t experience anything without wishing the other person were there to see it, too.” ― Kaui Hart Hemmings
116. “The scariest thing about distance is that you don’t know whether they’ll miss you or forget you.” ― Nicholas Sparks
117. “The worst part of getting close to someone is the part when you have to miss them.” ― Yasmin Mogahed
118. “It’s weird to feel like you miss someone you’re not even sure you know.” ― David Foster Wallace
119. “Just because you miss someone doesn’t mean you need them back in your life. Missing is just a part of moving on.” ― Macklemore
120. “Memories of our loved ones often bring us comfort and sustain us.” — Sherrie Dillard
121. “Live their years along with your own, and feel their presence as you do so.” — Harold S. Kushner
122. “They left this earth much too soon. I will always love you, and I believe that you two are together smiling down on me.” — Cordelia Alexander
123. “To miss is not to suffer, but is to end suffering. Missing is the essence of need. It’s good to miss and be missed. That means you exist. Now you just have to also… Live.” — Codrin Tapu
124. “I miss you every moment, and, oh, the pangs of my conscience, and the agony I endure! The future is hopeless without you. Why was it?” — Lewis B.
125. “Yes, the nights are the worse part in missing you. Too much time and not enough to keep me occupied. So my thoughts travel to you, to missing you.” — Donald D. Grasham
126. “Every day there will be a mixture of happy miss-you feelings, and I’m proud to say that. I’m not changing for anyone; your worth every feeling I have.” — Helen White Wolf
127. “You’re the friend I call when I need to cry, but I want to laugh.” — Rosa Dixon
128. “Yet, memories of you who stayed with me at my side are inscribed not only in stone but, in the very depths of my being, never to be forgotten.” — A. Samuel
129. “I miss you badly. I miss you crazily. Whoever I’m with, whatever I do, no matter where I am, I am thinking of you.” — Helen Exley
Have you let go of someone recently?
Letting go is a very difficult thing to do and greatly impacts your well-being.
This is especially true if they are an important part of your life, like a best friend, true love, other loved one, or pet.
What I’ve learned is that what usually comes after the hard process of letting go is peace.
The tug-of-war of whether to keep someone in your life or not can clog your thoughts and affect your mental health and daily life.
Where you used to have mental clarity, whether during school or work, you are constantly going through a fog.
Letting go can give you the clarity you need, so you are left with nothing but fond memories.
From there, you can move forward with your positive memories and start making new connections.
What’s your favorite missing someone quote or saying above?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!