100+ Motivational Quotes for Students About Lifelong Learning
March 17, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Today, we are featuring motivational quotes for students to help them through periods of procrastination, study sessions, and beyond.
To succeed in school, it is essential that you stay motivated.
Using the comment section below, share any motivational stories about succeeding in school with us.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by the University of California, Los Angeles, exposure to motivational messages can increase creativity and critical thinking skills in students, leading to improved academic performance.
The study findings underscore the potential of motivational quotes to develop students’ cognitive abilities and academic success.
What are the benefits of reading these motivational quotes for students?
Dealing with school can be a struggle, whether in graduate or elementary school.
You are juggling extracurriculars, family life, friends, and your studies.
At Everyday Power, we are here to provide you with nuggets of knowledge from profound people throughout history.
You will find authors, educators, artists, entrepreneurs, and more on this list.
These motivational quotes for students will:
- keep you motivated when times are tough
- help you recognize when you might need a break
- make sure you understand the value of being a life-long learner
Get inspired by the insightful quotes listed below.
And don’t forget to check out these education quotes about the power of learning.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Motivational quotes for students
According to the National Education Association, motivated students are more engaged in learning, leading to higher academic achievement.
This emphasizes why teachers need to use motivational quotes for students to create a positive and motivating learning environment.
1. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
You will also enjoy our article on monday motivation quotes.
2. “Be a student as long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life.” — Henry L. Doherty
You will also enjoy our article on challenge quotes.
3. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak
You will also enjoy our article on encouraging quotes.
4. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones..” – Confucius
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes for kids.
5. “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
You will also enjoy our article on training quotes.
6. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
You will also enjoy our article on John D Rockefeller Quotes.
7. “Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending.” – Carl Bard
You will also enjoy our article on motivational.
8. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
9. “Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.”— Goethe
10. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
11. “So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.” – Christopher Reeve
12. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Les Brown
Don’t forget to also check out these motivational quotes of the day for daily rejuvenation.
Motivational quotes for students about perseverance
According to research by the University of Michigan, students with a growth mindset, which can be developed through motivational quotes, are more likely to succeed in school.
This suggests that motivational quotes for students can help the learners overcome academic challenges and setbacks.
13. “There are two kinds of people in this world: those who want to get things done and those who don’t want to make mistakes.” – John Maxwell
You will also enjoy our article on first day of school quotes.
14. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
You will also enjoy our article on back to school quotes.
15. “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
You will also enjoy our article on rare inspirational quotes.
16. “By perseverance, the snail reached the ark.” – Charles Spurgeon
You will also enjoy our article on school quotes.
17. “A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.” – George Augustus Moore
You will also enjoy our article on finish strong quotes.
18. “Persist and persevere, and you will find most things that are attainable, possible.” – Lord Chesterfield
You will also enjoy our article on comfort zone quotes.
19. “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another.” – Walter Elliott
20. “Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Motivational quotes for students about success
According to a study conducted by the University of Pennsylvania, students who were exposed to motivational quotes experienced a 29% increase in their perseverance to complete difficult tasks.
The study concluded that such quotes can have a significant impact on students’ ability to overcome obstacles and stay focused on their goals.
21. “Success doesn’t come to you, you’ve got to go to it.” – Marva Collins
22. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” – John Maxwell
23. “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” – George Sheehan
24. “The secret of your success is determined by your daily agenda.” – John C. Maxwell
25. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
26. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” – Stephen Hawking
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Stephen Hawking quotes on life, religion, and the universe
27. “The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well.” – John D. Rockefeller
Motivational quotes for students about procrastination
In a study by the American Psychological Association, it was found that 69% of high-achieving students attributed their success, in part, to reading motivational quotes and affirmations.
These students believed that these messages helped them maintain a positive attitude and fostered a growth mindset, enabling them to excel academically.
28. “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.” – Pablo Picasso
29. “Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” — William Butler Yeats
30. “Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no laziness, no procrastination: never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.” – Philip Stanhope
31. “If you put off everything till you’re sure of it, you’ll never get anything done.” – Norman Vincent Peale
32. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
33. “Procrastination is the thief of time.” – Edward Young
34. “You may delay, but time will not.” – Benjamin Franklin
35. “I don’t wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work.” – Pearl S. Buck
36. “Do you know what happens when you give a procrastinator a good idea? Nothing!” – Donald Gardner
37. “Begin while others are procrastinating. Work while others are wishing.” – William Arthur Ward
38. “Procrastination usually results in sorrowful regret. Today’s duties put off until tomorrow give us a double burden to bear; the best way is to do them in their proper time.” – Ida Scott Taylor
39. “Procrastination makes easy things hard, hard things harder.” – Mason Cooley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of procrastination quotes that will help you steal your time back.
40. “The only difference between success and failure is the ability to take action.” – Alexander Graham Bell
Motivational quotes for students about studying
Research conducted at Stanford University revealed that students who read motivational quotes before studying were 21% more likely to retain the information they learned.
This suggests that reading such quotes can not only boost motivation but also enhance learning outcomes for students.
41. “Preparation is the key to success.” – Alexander Graham Bell
42. “Reading is to the mind, as exercise is to the body.” – Brian Tracy
43. “There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.” – Zig Ziglar
44. “Learning is like rowing upstream, not to advance is to drop back.” — Chinese Proverb
45. “It is wiser to find out than to suppose.” — Mark Twain
46. “Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten.” — B. F. Skinner
47. “Acquiring knowledge is the most fruitful effort.” ― Eraldo Banovac
48. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” – Oscar Wilde
49. “To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.”― Marilyn Vos Savant
50. “The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as long as we live.” — Mortimer Adler
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of inspirational pictures quotes that will help push you to keep moving forward.
Other motivational quotes for students
51. “What really matters is what you do with what you have.” – H. G. Wells
52. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn
53. “Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Work, continuous work and hard work, is the only way to accomplish results that last.” – Hamilton Holt
54. “Goals are not only absolutely necessary to motivate us. They are essential to really keep us alive.” – Robert H. Schuller
55. “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” – Arthur Ashe
56. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
57. “One of the most important principles of success is developing the habit of going the extra mile.” – Napoleon Hill
58. “No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.” – Maya Angelou
59. “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently.” – Tony Robbins
60. “We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi
More motivational quotes for students
61. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
62. “A little progress each day adds up to big results.” – Satya Nani
63. “There are no secrets to success. It is dedication, hard work and learning from failure.” – Collin Powell
64. “If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work.” – Thomas J. Watson
65. “To be successful you must accept all challenges that come your way. You can’t just accept the ones you like.” – Mike Gafka
66. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
67. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
68. “Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.” – Don Marquis
69. 96. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
70. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
Motivational Quotes for Students to Help them Study Hard
71. “It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort.” – Jillian Michaels
72. “Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.” – Ralph Marston
73. “You don’t get what you wish for. You get what you work for.” – Daniel Milstein
74. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
75. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
76. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
77. ‘The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.” – Swati Sharma
78. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
79. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow’.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
80. “Skill is only developed by hours and hours of work.” – Usain Bolt
Motivational Study Quotes for Students to Help Them Focus
81. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” ― Pelé
82. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” ― General Colin Powell
83. “People always say that I didn’t give up my seat because I was tired, but that isn’t true. I was not tired physically… No, the only tired I was, was tired of giving in.” ― Rosa Parks
84. “Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” ― David Bly
85. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” ― Robert Collier
86. “Success isn’t overnight. It’s when every day you get a little better than the day before. It all adds up.” ― Dwayne Johnson
87. “Recipe for success: Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.” ― William A. Ward
88. “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal.” ― Earl Nightingale
89. “Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.” ― Beyoncé
90. “You may encounter many defeats but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” ― Maya Angelou
Motivational Quotes For Students To Inspire Hard Work
91. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney
92. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.” — Anatole France
93. “Follow your passion. It will lead you to your purpose.” — Oprah
94. “Through hard work, perseverance and a faith in God, you can live your dreams.” — Ben Carson
95. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” — Thomas Jefferson
96. “Self-belief and hard work will always earn you success.” — Virat Kohli
97. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” — Benjamin Franklin
98. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” — Jim Ryun
99. “The most successful people are those who are good at plan B.” — James Yorke
100. “If you don’t build your dreams, someone will hire you to help build theirs.” — Tony Gaskin
Motivation Quotes For Students To Put More Effort In Studies
101. “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.” — Andy McIntyre
102. “The man who does not read books has no advantage over the one who cannot read them.” — Mark Twain
103. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” — B.B. King
104. “Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world.” — BB King
105. “The more that you read, the more things you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” — Dr. Seuss
106. “Education is something we have to keep pursuing day after day.” — Premier Brian Gallant
107. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” — Nelson Mandela
108. “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.” — Sydney J. Harris
109. “He who opens a school door closes a prison.” — Victor Hugo
110. “Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets.” — Leonardo da Vinci
Motivational Quotes for Students To Help Them Put Effort
111. “Life is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning.” ― Bruce Lee
112. “Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get.” ― Ray Kroc
113. “When life stresses you, step back and look for the positive, keep an optimistic attitude.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
114. “You cannot soar with the eagles as long as you hang out with the turkeys.” ― Joel Osteen
115. “The adventure of life is to learn. The purpose of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The opportunity of life is to serve.” ― William Arthur Ward
116. “Enjoy all you have while pursuing all you want.” ― Jim Rohn
117. “Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.” ― Will Rogers
118. “No one starts out on top. You have to work your way up.” ― Muhammad Ali
119. “Doing nothing is very hard to do…you never know when you’re finished.” ― Leslie Nielsen
120. “Choose your friends and mates, not by the money in their bank account, creed, ethnicity, or color; instead, choose character, actions, heart, and soul.” ― Ana Monnar
How do you deal with procrastination?
I’m a chronic worrywart.
That being the case, I have dealt with procrastination issues my entire life.
What finally helped me stop procrastinating was to decide that my worries weren’t reality.
For example, just because I thought a math assignment was too difficult to work through doesn’t mean that is destined to be what happens.
Reality rarely is worse than your imagination.
Once you work through that math assignment, completing it will give you the confidence boost you need to not let fear impede your accomplishments.
Which of these motivational quotes for students is your favorite?
Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!
August 23, 2022 at 3:52 PM
Danielle Dahl, Lead Contributor
August 28, 2022 at 10:43 PM
We are sorry these quotes didn’t resonate with you! Would you like to share some other quotes that have inspired you to succeed in school?