To succeed in school, it is essential that you stay motivated. Today, we are featuring motivational quotes for students to help you through periods of procrastination, study sessions, and beyond.
What’s your favorite subject in school?
Dealing with school can be a struggle, whether you are in graduate school or elementary school. You are juggling extracurriculars, family life, and friends along with your studies.
At Everyday Power, we are here to provide you with nuggets of knowledge from profound people throughout history. On this list, you will find authors, educators, artists, entrepreneurs, and more.
Get inspired by the insightful quotes listed below. And don’t forget to also check out these education quotes about the power of learning.
Motivational quotes for students
1. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
2. “Be a student as long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life.” — Henry L. Doherty
3. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak
4. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones..” – Confucius
5. “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
6. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
7. “Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending.” – Carl Bard
8. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
9. “Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.”— Goethe
10. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
11. “So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.” – Christopher Reeve
12. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Les Brown
Don’t forget to also check out these motivational quotes of the day for daily rejuvenation.
Motivational quotes for students about perseverance
13. “There are two kinds of people in this world: those who want to get things done and those who don’t want to make mistakes.” – John Maxwell
14. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
15. “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
16. “By perseverance, the snail reached the ark.” – Charles Spurgeon
17. “A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.” – George Augustus Moore
18. “Persist and persevere, and you will find most things that are attainable, possible.” – Lord Chesterfield
19. “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another.” – Walter Elliott
20. “Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Motivational quotes for students about success
21. “Success doesn’t come to you, you’ve got to go to it.” – Marva Collins
22. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” – John Maxwell
23. “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” – George Sheehan
24. “The secret of your success is determined by your daily agenda.” – John C. Maxwell
25. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
26. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” – Stephen Hawking
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Stephen Hawking quotes on life, religion, and the universe
27. “The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well.” – John D. Rockefeller
Motivational quotes for students about procrastination
28. “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.” – Pablo Picasso
29. “Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” — William Butler Yeats
30. “Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no laziness, no procrastination: never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.” – Philip Stanhope
31. “If you put off everything till you’re sure of it, you’ll never get anything done.” – Norman Vincent Peale
32. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
33. “Procrastination is the thief of time.” – Edward Young
34. “You may delay, but time will not.” – Benjamin Franklin
35. “I don’t wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work.” – Pearl S. Buck
36. “Do you know what happens when you give a procrastinator a good idea? Nothing!” – Donald Gardner
37. “Begin while others are procrastinating. Work while others are wishing.” – William Arthur Ward
38. “Procrastination usually results in sorrowful regret. Today’s duties put off until tomorrow give us a double burden to bear; the best way is to do them in their proper time.” – Ida Scott Taylor
39. “Procrastination makes easy things hard, hard things harder.” – Mason Cooley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of procrastination quotes that will help you steal your time back.
40. “The only difference between success and failure is the ability to take action.” – Alexander Graham Bell
Motivational quotes for students about studying
41. “Preparation is the key to success.” – Alexander Graham Bell
42. “Reading is to the mind, as exercise is to the body.” – Brian Tracy
43. “There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.” – Zig Ziglar
44. “Learning is like rowing upstream, not to advance is to drop back.” — Chinese Proverb
45. “It is wiser to find out than to suppose.” — Mark Twain
46. “Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten.” — B. F. Skinner
47. “Acquiring knowledge is the most fruitful effort.” ― Eraldo Banovac
48. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” – Oscar Wilde
49. “To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.”― Marilyn Vos Savant
50. “The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as long as we live.” — Mortimer Adler
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of inspirational pictures quotes that will help push you to keep moving forward.
Other motivational quotes for students
51. “What really matters is what you do with what you have.” – H. G. Wells
52. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn
53. “Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Work, continuous work and hard work, is the only way to accomplish results that last.” – Hamilton Holt
54. “Goals are not only absolutely necessary to motivate us. They are essential to really keep us alive.” – Robert H. Schuller
55. “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” – Arthur Ashe
56. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
57. “One of the most important principles of success is developing the habit of going the extra mile.” – Napoleon Hill
58. “No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.” – Maya Angelou
59. “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently.” – Tony Robbins
60. “We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi
How do you deal with procrastination?
I’m a chronic worrywart. That being the case, I have dealt with procrastination issues my entire life. What finally helped me was concluding that my worries weren’t reality.
For example, just because I thought a math assignment was too difficult to work through doesn’t mean that is destined to be what happens.
Reality rarely is worse than your imagination. Once you work through that math assignment, completing it will give you the confidence boost you need to not let fear get in the way of your accomplishments.
Which of these motivational quotes for students is your favorite? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!
September 24, 2020 7:00 AM EST