Bullying is a major problem that affects both kids and adults, as you will see from these bullying quotes.
Many of us have had to deal with bullies in life, perhaps as children or maybe in adulthood.
But although bullying is common, no one needs to put up with a bully’s behavior.
Share a story about when you stood up to a bully with us in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these bullying quotes?
Taking power from a bully is not always easy, but there are wise ways to deal with them.
Remember: a bully is only as powerful as you allow him or her to be.
So instead of surrendering to their power play, stop playing their victim, and each of their attempts will become embarrassing for them.
When a bully bombards you, make them lose their power by being:
Because bullies will try to make you feel alone and powerless, always attempt to stay connected with faithful and supportive people.
Instead of challenging a bully and giving him or her the attention and sense of power they seek, give them an assertive but unemotional response that will make them know you do not intend to be victimized.
The perceived strength of a bully can also be his or her weakness.
If they don’t get the reaction they’re looking for from you; they’ll often lose interest and cannot take away your power.
To remind you of your strength is our collection of inspirational, wise, and helpful bullying quotes, bullying sayings, and bullying proverbs collected from various sources over the years.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Bullying Quotes To Inspire You To Be The Change You Want To See
1. “People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.” ― Dan Pearce
2. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” – Harvey S. Firestone
3. “We explain when someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you do not stoop to their level. Our motto is when they go low, you go high.” ― Michelle Obama
4. “Children should be able to live a life free from bullying and harassment and it is time that we all took a stand against this.” – Katherine Jenkins
5. “Bullying is a horrible thing. It sticks with you forever. It poisons you. But only if you let it.” ― Heather Brewer
6. “Bullying happens because weak people need to prop up their ego by beating up or humiliating others.” ― Bruce Dickinson
7. “Freedom of Speech doesn’t justify online bullying. Words have power, be careful how you use them.” ― Germany Kent
8. “It’s very important to choose kindness and stop bullying.” – Jacob Tremblay
9. “You should never make fun of something that a person can’t change about themselves.” ― Phil Lester
10. “Bullying is never fun, it’s a cruel and terrible thing to do to someone. If you are being bullied, it is not your fault. No one deserves to be bullied, ever.” – Raini Rodriguez
Bullying quotes to heal and empower you
11. “We need to get rid of bullying. We need to get rid of abuse. We need to get rid of harassment. We need to get rid of the casting couch. Instead, we need to build the bench.” – Nancy Dubuc
12. “You will never reach higher ground if you are always pushing others down.” – Jeffrey Benjamin
13. “The meanest people are the weakest people, for they do not even have the strength to believe in goodness. Do not let this be your life’s curse.” ― Sean Patrick Brennan
14. “Isn’t it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?” – Sean Covey
15. “It’s important to stand up to all forms of bullying, and it’s even more important for those who are around you to be just as courageous and stand with you!” – Normani Kordei
16. “Bullying builds character like nuclear waste creates superheroes. It’s a rare occurrence and often does much more damage than endowment.” ― Zack W. Van
17. “When people see you’re happy doing what you’re doing, it sort of takes the power away from them to tease you about it.” ― Wendy Mass
18. “We all have a responsibility with the words we post on the internet. If you wouldn’t want your mother, daughter, sister or friend to read it, don’t post it.” ― Germany Kent
19. “I woke up one day and thought, ‘Enough is enough with bullying myself.’ The war is within you, and that’s also where it’s won. You just have to tackle your insecurities and then let them go.” – Keala Settle
20. “It is against the principles of human rights to bully another human being.” ― Shenita Etwaroo
Bullying quotes to remind you of your inner strength
21. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
22. “People who repeatedly attack your confidence and self-esteem are quite aware of your potential, even if you are not.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
23. “Cyberbullying is Bullying. Hiding behind a pretty screen, doesn’t make it less hateful, written words have power.” – Anon
24. “Life is a fight, but not everyone’s a fighter. Otherwise, bullies would be an endangered species.”- Andrew Vachss
25. “Go empower yourself. You need confidence because the one thing that bullying does is it belittles you, and it takes away your confidence, and nobody deserves that.” – Bill Goldberg
26. “I think the sooner that all of us in society stop accepting any type of bullying or harassment from other people – in spite of people’s social standing or net worth or whatever it is – the sooner it will stop.” – Jason Priestley
27. “I would rather be a little nobody, then to be a evil somebody.” ― Abraham Lincoln
28. “A bully hides his fears with fake bravado. That is the opposite of self-assertiveness.” ― Nathaniel Branden
29. “Never do a wrong thing to make a friend–or to keep one.” ― Robert E. Lee
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of fake friends quotes to help you deal with deceptive people.
30. “You can’t be against bullying without actually doing something about it.” – Randi Weingarten
Bullying quotes to help you deal with toxic people
31. “If bullies actually believe that somebody loves them and believes in them, they will love themselves, they will become better people, and many will even become saviors to the bullied.” ― Dan Pearce
32. “I realized that bullying never has to do with you. It’s the bully who’s insecure.” – Shay Mitchell
33. “Getting bullied in school taught me how to be strong, getting judged taught me to be better, failure taught me to be resilient and being made fun of taught me humility.” ― Mehak Bhalla
34. “If they don’t like you for being yourself, be yourself even more.” ― Taylor Swift
35. “Confident and proficient people are virtually impossible for a bully to intimidate in any environment.” ― Kilroy J. Oldster
36. “No one heals himself by wounding another.” ― St. Ambrose
37. “Bullies don’t like to fight, son. They like to win. Being afraid is normal. The only fight you really have to win is the one against the fear.” – Kwame Alexander
38. “When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sand paper; They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless.” – Chris Colfer
39. “Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.” – Benjamin Disraeli
40. “What if the kid you bullied at school, grew up, and turned out to be the only surgeon who could save your life?” ― Lynette Mather
Bullying quotes to remind you how tough you really are
41. “I think bullying in general is for cowards.” – Eddie Alvarez
42. “If you poke a bear just to hear it to roar, why keep poking it if it doesn’t have the energy to roar.” ― Dean Mackin
43. “If you’re insulting people on the internet, you must be ugly on the inside.” ― Phil Lester
44. “If we are to stop bullying in schools, we have to start with teachers and administrators. If we want to stop it, we have to stop it.” – Chris Crutcher
45. “People try to say suicide is the most cowardly act a man could ever commit. I don’t think that’s true at all. What’s cowardly is treating a man so badly that he wants to commit suicide.” ― Tommy Tran
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of suicide quotes that can bring you insight and comfort during difficult times.
46. “Bullying is killing our kids. Being different is killing our kids and the kids who are bullying are dying inside. We have to save our kids whether they are bullied or they are bullying. They are all in pain.” – Cat Cora
47. “Your perfect the way you are, you got to believe in yourself.” ― RedWolf
48. “All the whispering, glaring, pointing and judging makes them no better than whoever or whatever it is they’re gossiping about.” ― Tiffany King
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of gossip quotes that will help you eliminate rumors from your life.
49. “If you’re having a downtime at school and people are bullying you, they don’t know you. They don’t have the right to have an opinion on you.” – Maisie Williams
50. “Usually people don’t see beyond the surface of things and cannot understand more other than the obvious; they are used to judging a book by its cover, and that is why they don’t hesitate to bully.” ― Maria Karvouni
Quotes about Cyberbullying
51. “Cyberbullying is bullying. Hiding behind a pretty screen doesn’t make it any less hateful.” – Unknown
52. “Cyberbullying is not a spectator sport. When and if you see it happening resist, stay informed and aware of how you can help and take some steps to champion against it.” – Germany Kent
53. “Unless and until our society recognizes cyberbullying for what it is, the suffering of thousands of silent victims will continue.” – Anna Maria Chavez
54. “With cyberbullying, one press of a finger on an electronic device can shatter someone’s reputation and what they think is their entire life. It’s scary.” – Justin Prentice
55. “Cyber bullies can hide behind a mask of anonymity online and do not need direct physical access to their victims to do unimaginable harm.” – Anna Maria Chavez
56. “Problem with cyberbullying is everything. If you have something mean to say, look in the mirror & say it to yourself. Maybe you’ll think twice.” – Unknown
57. “Cyberbullying is poised to turn into the biggest online concern, already affecting up to 35% of all children.” – Dr. Martyn Wild
58. “Cyberbullying is bullying. Hiding behind a pretty screen doesn’t make it less hateful. Written words have power.” – Unknown
59. “The web should be used to inspire others, not spread hate or to hurt others.” – Justin Bieber
60. “Technology should not be used as a tool to hurt and create conflict.” – Unknown
Bullying quotes to help you overcome difficulties
61. “One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.” ― Michael J. Fox
62. “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse, and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.” ― Desmond Tutu
63. “If you’re horrible to me, I’m going to write a song about it, and you won’t like it. That’s how I operate.” ― Taylor Swift
64. “We’re not words, Henry. We’re people. Words are how others define us, but we can define ourselves any way we choose.” ― Shaun David Hutchinson
65. “Some people are in such utter darkness that they will burn you just to see a light. Try not to take it personally.” ― Kamand Kojouri
66. “Every time you post something online, you have a choice. You can either make it something that adds to the happiness levels in the world—or you can make it something that takes away.” ― Zoe Sugg
67. “A monster. You and your friends, all of you. Pretty monsters. It’s a stage all girls go through. If you’re lucky, you get through it without doing any permanent damage to yourself or anyone else.” ― Kelly Link
68. “If you see someone being bullied, make it stop. Why is that so hard for us to do?” ― Susane Colasanti
69. “Love always wins. You might feel afraid sometimes, or angry, or hurt—but if you respond with love, the bullies can’t win.” ― Josh Roberts
70. “Maybe better advice might be to spend your energy focusing on what and who makes you happy, instead of focusing on the fools who don’t like you—for whatever reason.” ― Lisa Flipps
Thought-provoking bullying quotes
71. “The people who are bullying you, they’re insecure about who they are, and that’s why they’re bullying you. It never has to do with the person they’re bullying. They desperately want to be loved and be accepted, and they go out of their way to make people feel unaccepted so that they’re not alone.” – Madelaine Petsch
72. “Bullying happens at all ages and levels.” – Ralph Macchio
73. “Bullying is a national epidemic.” – Macklemore
74. “People talk about bullying, but you can be your own bully in some ways. You can be the person who is standing in the way of your success, and that was the case for me.” – Katy Perry
75. “When you’re nice, you’re not bullying people. But when you’re kind, you stand up against the bully.” – Daniel Lubetzky
76. “Any sort of bullying is a terrible thing, but I think online bullying is so much worse because it’s psychological bullying.” – Dean Cain
77. “The solution to putting an end to bullying is to stop it at the source but also to find out what is causing the person to behave the way that they do.” – Hunter King
78. “The one-word story about why I have a chip on my shoulder is ‘bullying.’” – Chris Gethard
79. “By the time a child reaches out to an adult, the vast majority of kids have been dealing with the bullying and trying to ignore it for a long time.” – Rosalind Wiseman
80. “If you’ve witnessed bullying or if you’re being bullied, tell somebody you trust. Tell mom and dad. Tell your counselors or your coaches. Tell your teachers. Tell an adult who you trust.” – Stephanie McMahon
Bullying quotes that show it’s a problem
81. “Unless and until our society recognizes cyber bullying for what it is, the suffering of thousands of silent victims will continue.” -Anna Maria Chavez
82. “Bullying is the result of an unequal power dynamic – the strong attacking the weak.” -Maria Konnikova
83. “Bullying is so common that it’s viewed as almost ‘normal,’ but it should never be.” -Choi Si-won
84. “Don’t give in to bullying or others making fun of people. Stand up for yourself. Stand up for your friends. Be that one person who is genuinely good-hearted.” -Michelle McCool
85. “We all lose when bullying and personal attacks become a substitute for genuine conversation and principled disagreement.” -Alicia Garza
86. “Bullying has always been around and there will always be people who thrive on the hurt they cause to others.” -Trisha Paytas
87. “Fighting means you could lose. Bullying means you can’t. A bully wants to beat somebody; he doesn’t want to fight somebody.” -Andrew Vachss
88. “Childhood depression tends to be more common in inner cities, being most frequently related to serious social deprivation, bullying, domestic violence, wartime experience and famine.” -Robert Winston
89. “Almost every woman I’ve met has encountered bullying.” -Paige Spiranac
90. “I will not put up with bullying and harassment – certainly not after the experiences I’ve had.” -Lady Colin Campbell
Bullying quotes to motivate you to make a change
91. “Bullying is not okay. Period.” – Jim C. Hines
92. “Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it. Right is right even if no one is doing it.” – St. Augustine
93. “One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.” – John F. Kennedy
94. “Words have great power that could make or break others…so please be careful with them.” – Timothy Pina
95. “Knowing what’s right doesn’t mean much unless you do what’s right.” – Theodore Roosevelt
96. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.” – Wendy Mass
97. “A healthy mind does not speak ill of others.” – Unknown
98. “Bullying made me feel insecure, alone, ugly, powerless, and hopeless at times.” – Kate Gosselin
99. “We don’t need more bullying, and I’m tired of it.” – Cindy McCain100.
100. “Bullying is a terrible, terrible thing.” – Robert Carlyle
Bullying Quotes That Do Not Encourage Bullying
101. “Leadership is not bullying and leadership is not aggression. Leadership is the expectation that you can use your voice for good. That you can make the world a better place.” — Sheryl Sandberg
102. We have got to dispel this myth that bullying is just a normal rite of passage.” — Barack Obama
103. “Bullies thrive wherever authority is weak.” — Tim Field
104. “Everyone has the bully or the mean girl or the ex-boyfriend who tried to bring them down.” — Demi Lovato
105. “Everyone who wants to do good to the human race always ends in universal bullying.” — Aldous Huxley
106. “Do not be bullied out of your common sense by the specialist; two to one, he is a pedant.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
107. “Private property is one of the best institutions which has ever evolved, to protect us from the bullying of others.” — Roger Scruton
108. “The bullying was hideous and relentless, and we turned it round by making ourselves celebrities.” — Julian Clary
109. “Bullying consists of the least competent most aggressive employee projecting their incompetence on to the least aggressive most competent employee and winning.” — Tim Field
110. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” — Tim Fields
Bullying Quotes To Make You Distance Yourself From Acts Of Bully
111. “It is not virtuous to be victimized by a bully, even if that bully is oneself.” ― Jordan B. Peterson
112. “You are so much stronger than you realize. Don’t let anyone ever tell you that you’re not. Not even you.” ― J.W. Lynne
113. “If they don’t understand you, some people will attack you. This is a sign of profound ignorance, which should never be tolerated.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
114. “Nobody deserves to be bullied.”― Adrienne Posey
115. “In brief, we govern by a mixture of lying and bullying.” ― Aleister Crowley
116. “Children learn bullying behavior from adults, but no one talks about this transfer of destructive behavior.” ― Jennifer Fraser
117. “Don’t get caught in the vicious squares of circles.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
118. “Bullying is a form of intimidation.” ― Charmaine J. Forde
119. “Because abuse is a cycle, those who now occupy positions of power may well have brains so steeped in normalized bullying and abuse that they can no longer think clearly.” ― Jennifer Fraser
120. “Bullying and harassment in the workplace are unacceptable.” ― Hendrith Vanlon Smith Jr
Anti Bullying Quotes To Discourage The Cowardice Act
121. “I think all the funny people were bullied. When they talk about outlawing bullying, it’s like, what? You want no Comedy Central?” — Chris Rock
122. “You know, what we do know is that there is a high frequency of violence in the home of those who bully.” — Phil McGraw
123. “It doesn’t prove anything except that you’re bullying us. Which, as I recall, is a sign of cowardice.” — Veronica Roth
124. “I want to help with bullying because there are girls who can’t just up and homeschool and focus on their career.” — Demi Lovato
125. “Ultimately peer pressure can lead people to bully, but peer pressure can also say bullying is not acceptable.” — Barack Obama
126. “Bullying and violence that exists in someone can also be inherent in a nation without us knowing it.” — Shane Meadows
127. “In fact, my courage and my bravery at a young age was the thing I was bullied for, a kind of ‘Who do you think you are?” — Lady Gaga
128. “I think bullying of anybody, whether they’re gay or straight or anything in high school, is unbearable.” — Chelsea Handler
129. “My self-esteem had been crushed through years of childhood bullying and serious abuses, which would take me decades to overcome.” — Bryant H. McGill
130. “There really is no difference between the bully and the victim.” — Lady Gaga
Bullying Quotes To Maintain Good Self Esteem
131. “Once you have a genuine sense of concern for others, there’s no room for cheating, bullying or exploitation.” ― Dalai Lama
132. “They’re not bullying you because of you,they’re bullying you because of how they are.” ― Jessie J
133. “Bullying is not gonna stop, but we can at least be confident enough to stand up to it.” ― Greyson Chance
134. “Bullying can leave scars that do not heal.” ― Megyn Kelly
135. “Harmony can not thrive in a climate of mistrust, cheating, bullying; mean-spirited competition.” ― Dalai Lama
136. “I just want the bullying to stop. That is all I ever wanted. I used to love going to school. Now I hate it.” ― Tim Field
137. “No matter how much bullying they inflict on my body, as long as I have this hope, I can endure any pain.” ― Ruth Ozeki
138. “People need to realize bullying has just as much of an impact online because words are so cutting and difficult to deal with.” ― Bridgit Mendler
139. “We must have moral education in the schools, anti-bullying programs, but this does not mean programs to feminize boys.” ― Christina Hoff Sommers
140. “Be sure of yourself, don’t let anyone bully you, be a strong and independent woman or boy.” ― Nicole Polizzi
Bullying Quotes From People Who Have Been Bullied
141. “When people don’t like themselves very much, they have to make up for it. The classic bully was actually a victim first.” — Tom Hiddleston
142. “I had a hard time with bullying. I ate lunch in the bathroom.” — Julianne Hough
143. “Gay kids need to stop killing themselves because they are made to feel worthless by cruel and relentless bullying.” — Zachary Quinto
144. “Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively impose domination over others. Help a friend.” — Leonard Nimoy
145. “I had never liked bullying of any sort, especially when an individual acquires his courage by becoming part of a faceless mob. I always say if you need fake courage, get it out of a bottle like I do.” — Gary Reilly
146. “I went through a lot of bullying early on. Girls made my life a living hell. We had come to America from a different country. My brother and I had accents. It was very tough.” — Nicki Minaj
147. “Fresh peach pie can lift a bullying reprobate into apologetic courtesy; I have watched it happen.” — Leif Enger
148. “I was of the type who gets bullied rather than the one who does the bullying, which I’m glad about. I’d rather be that than a bully.” — Lily Cole
149. “I bought one of those anti-bullying wristbands when they first came out. I say ‘bought’, I actually stole it off a short, fat ginger kid.” — Jack Whitehall
150. “Before the game there was all this stuff about anti-racism and anti-bullying. It would be a good idea to start wearing wristbands for anti-diving.” — Roy Keane
Which of these bullying quotes was your favorite?
Bullying is a common problem in today’s society, and it’s only worsening.
Whether in school or the workplace, becoming a victim of bullying makes you feel awful inside.
If you’re being bullied, know that you’re not alone, and it’s never your fault.
Although bullies come in all shapes and sizes, you no longer have to put up with their behavior.
You can show them you are not sad and scared.
The courage to stand up can be hard at first, but once you see it works, you’ll never back down again.
Hopefully, the quotes above have reminded you how tough you really are.
Did you enjoy these bullying quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Feel free to share with us your thoughts in the comment section below.
December 1, 2022 5:00 AM EST