Bullying is a major problem that affects both kids and adults. Many of us have had to deal with bullies at some point in life, perhaps as children or maybe in adulthood.
But although bullying is common, no one needs to put up with a bully’s behavior. Taking power from a bully is not always easy, but there are wise ways to deal with them.
Remember: a bully is only as powerful as you allow him or her to be. So instead of surrendering to their power play, stop playing their victim and each of their attempts will become embarrassing for them.
When a bully bombards you, make them lose their power by being strong, firm, and courteous. Because bullies will try to make you feel alone and powerless, always make an effort to stay connected with faithful and supportive people.
Instead of challenging a bully and giving him or her the attention and sense of power they seek, give them an assertive but unemotional response that will make them know you do not intend to be victimized.
The perceived strength of a bully can also be his or her weakness. If they don’t get the reaction they’re looking from you, they’ll often lose interest and they cannot take away your power.
To remind you of the strength you have, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and helpful bullying quotes, bullying sayings, and bullying proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Bullying Quotes To Inspire You To Be The Change You Want To See
1. “People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.” ― Dan Pearce
2. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” – Harvey S. Firestone
3. “We explain when someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you do not stoop to their level. Our motto is when they go low, you go high.” ― Michelle Obama
4. “Children should be able to live a life free from bullying and harassment and it is time that we all took a stand against this.” – Katherine Jenkins
5. “Bullying is a horrible thing. It sticks with you forever. It poisons you. But only if you let it.” ― Heather Brewer
6. “Bullying happens because weak people need to prop up their ego by beating up or humiliating others.” ― Bruce Dickinson
7. “Freedom of Speech doesn’t justify online bullying. Words have power, be careful how you use them.” ― Germany Kent
8. “It’s very important to choose kindness and stop bullying.” – Jacob Tremblay
9. “You should never make fun of something that a person can’t change about themselves.” ― Phil Lester
10. “Bullying is never fun, it’s a cruel and terrible thing to do to someone. If you are being bullied, it is not your fault. No one deserves to be bullied, ever.” – Raini Rodriguez
Bullying quotes to heal and empower you
11. “We need to get rid of bullying. We need to get rid of abuse. We need to get rid of harassment. We need to get rid of the casting couch. Instead, we need to build the bench.” – Nancy Dubuc
12. “You will never reach higher ground if you are always pushing others down.” – Jeffrey Benjamin
13. “The meanest people are the weakest people, for they do not even have the strength to believe in goodness. Do not let this be your life’s curse.” ― Sean Patrick Brennan
14. “Isn’t it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?” – Sean Covey
15. “It’s important to stand up to all forms of bullying, and it’s even more important for those who are around you to be just as courageous and stand with you!” – Normani Kordei
16. “Bullying builds character like nuclear waste creates superheroes. It’s a rare occurrence and often does much more damage than endowment.” ― Zack W. Van
17. “When people see you’re happy doing what you’re doing, it sort of takes the power away from them to tease you about it.” ― Wendy Mass
18. “We all have a responsibility with the words we post on the internet. If you wouldn’t want your mother, daughter, sister or friend to read it, don’t post it.” ― Germany Kent
19. “I woke up one day and thought, ‘Enough is enough with bullying myself.’ The war is within you, and that’s also where it’s won. You just have to tackle your insecurities and then let them go.” – Keala Settle
20. “It is against the principles of human rights to bully another human being.” ― Shenita Etwaroo
Bullying quotes to remind you of your inner strength
21. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
22. “People who repeatedly attack your confidence and self-esteem are quite aware of your potential, even if you are not.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
23. “Cyberbullying is Bullying. Hiding behind a pretty screen, doesn’t make it less hateful, written words have power.” – Anon
24. “Life is a fight, but not everyone’s a fighter. Otherwise, bullies would be an endangered species.”- Andrew Vachss
25. “Go empower yourself. You need confidence because the one thing that bullying does is it belittles you, and it takes away your confidence, and nobody deserves that.” – Bill Goldberg
26. “I think the sooner that all of us in society stop accepting any type of bullying or harassment from other people – in spite of people’s social standing or net worth or whatever it is – the sooner it will stop.” – Jason Priestley
27. “I would rather be a little nobody, then to be a evil somebody.” ― Abraham Lincoln
28. “A bully hides his fears with fake bravado. That is the opposite of self-assertiveness.” ― Nathaniel Branden
29. “Never do a wrong thing to make a friend–or to keep one.” ― Robert E. Lee
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of fake friends quotes to help you deal with deceptive people.
30. “You can’t be against bullying without actually doing something about it.” – Randi Weingarten
Bullying quotes to help you deal with toxic people
31. “If bullies actually believe that somebody loves them and believes in them, they will love themselves, they will become better people, and many will even become saviors to the bullied.” ― Dan Pearce
32. “I realized that bullying never has to do with you. It’s the bully who’s insecure.” – Shay Mitchell
33. “Getting bullied in school taught me how to be strong, getting judged taught me to be better, failure taught me to be resilient and being made fun of taught me humility.” ― Mehak Bhalla
34. “If they don’t like you for being yourself, be yourself even more.” ― Taylor Swift
35. “Confident and proficient people are virtually impossible for a bully to intimidate in any environment.” ― Kilroy J. Oldster
36. “No one heals himself by wounding another.” ― St. Ambrose
37. “Bullies don’t like to fight, son. They like to win. Being afraid is normal. The only fight you really have to win is the one against the fear.” – Kwame Alexander
38. “When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sand paper; They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless.” – Chris Colfer
39. “Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.” – Benjamin Disraeli
40. “What if the kid you bullied at school, grew up, and turned out to be the only surgeon who could save your life?” ― Lynette Mather
Other bullying quotes to remind how tough you really are
41. “I think bullying in general is for cowards.” – Eddie Alvarez
42. “If you poke a bear just to hear it to roar, why keep poking it if it doesn’t have the energy to roar.” ― Dean Mackin
43. “If you’re insulting people on the internet, you must be ugly on the inside.” ― Phil Lester
44. “If we are to stop bullying in schools, we have to start with teachers and administrators. If we want to stop it, we have to stop it.” – Chris Crutcher
45. “People try to say suicide is the most cowardly act a man could ever commit. I don’t think that’s true at all. What’s cowardly is treating a man so badly that he wants to commit suicide.” ― Tommy Tran
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of suicide quotes that can bring you insight and comfort during difficult times.
46. “Bullying is killing our kids. Being different is killing our kids and the kids who are bullying are dying inside. We have to save our kids whether they are bullied or they are bullying. They are all in pain.” – Cat Cora
47. “Your perfect the way you are, you got to believe in yourself.” ― RedWolf
48. “All the whispering, glaring, pointing and judging makes them no better than whoever or whatever it is they’re gossiping about.” ― Tiffany King
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of gossip quotes that will help you eliminate rumors from your life.
49. “If you’re having a down time at school and people are bullying you, they don’t know you. They don’t have the right to have an opinion on you.” – Maisie Williams
50. “Usually people don’t see beyond the surface of things and cannot understand more other than the obvious; they are used to judging a book by its cover, and that is why they don’t hesitate to bully.” ― Maria Karvouni
Which of these bullying quotes was your favorite?
Bullying is a common problem in today’s society, and it’s only becoming worse. Whether in school or in the workplace, becoming a victim of any kind of bullying makes you feel awful inside . If you’re being bullied, know that you’re not alone and it’s never, ever your fault.
Although bullies come in all shapes and sizes, you don’t have to put up with their behavior any longer. You can show them that you are not sad and scared. The courage to stand up can be hard at first, but once you see that it works you’ll never back down again. Hopefully, the quotes above have reminded you how tough you really are.
Did you enjoy these bullying quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Feel free to share with us your thoughts in the comment section below.
May 5, 2019 7:00 AM EST