Quotes for Efficiency That Inspire Success
May 17, 2023 5:02 AM EST
If you want to live with less wasted time, these quotes for efficiency are for you!
Efficiency is a term used quite often in business, but it also applies to all facets of life.
Efficiency means doing things successfully without wasting resources.
Resources that are wasted in an inefficient atmosphere are time, money, staff, energy, and materials, just to name a few.
In business, one of the most important parts of their job is running an efficient department, as efficiency drives success, and inefficiency leads to loss.
Some ways to improve the efficiency in your business are: automating processes, limiting interruptions, consolidating, organizing, and delegating.
Take a few minutes to read these quotes for efficiency, which will help you to live a more efficient and enjoyable life.
Best Quotes for Efficiency
Learn from some of the best efficiency quotes online.
1. “Focus on being productive instead of busy.” — Tim Ferriss
2. “Efficiency is doing better what is already being done.” — Peter Drucker
3. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” — Picasso
4. “Efficiency is intelligent laziness.” — David Dunham
5. “Efficiency is doing things right. Effectiveness is doing the right things.” — Peter Drucker
6. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” — Bruce Lee
7. “Don’t equate activity with efficiency.” — Harvey Mackay
8. “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” — Stephen Covey
9. “If I had six hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend the first four hours sharpening the axe.” — Abraham Lincoln
10. “Once we’ve made a decision, we are efficient only if we go through with it decisively, undistracted by doubts about its correctness.” — John Cleese
Leadership Quotes for Efficiency
If you’re a leader, these efficiency quotes can show you the way.
11. “Start with the end in mind.” — Stephen R. Covey
12. “Do not believe that it is very much of an advance to do the unnecessary three times as fast.” — Peter Drucker
13. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration; the rest of us just get up and go to work.” — Stephen King
14. “The major incentive to productivity and efficiency are social and moral rather than financial.” — Peter Drucker
15. “The men who succeed are the efficient few. They are the few who have the ambition and willpower to develop themselves.” — Herbert N. Casson
16. “Don’t confuse activity with productivity. Many people are simply busy being busy.” — Robin Sharma
17. “The least productive people are usually the ones who are most in favor of holding meetings.” — Thomas Sowell
18. “The laziest people find the most efficient way to do things; they don’t just do nothing, because then they have to end up being bothered into doing things all the time anyway.” — Shikamaru
19. “It is more than probable that the average man could, with no injury to his health, increase his efficiency fifty percent.” — Walter Scott
20. “Ture laziness is the commitment to decrease work and increase efficiency; reduce burden and boost creativity; expand your knowledge and avoid complications; minimize effort and still get it done.” — Alan Rios
Time Management Quotes for Efficiency
Time management is an important part of being efficient, as shown in the following quotes.
21. “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.” — Dale Carnegie
22. “Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else.” — Peter Drucker
23. “Ordinary people think merely of spending time; great people think of using it.” — Arthur Schopenhauer
24. “Lost time is never found again.” — Benjamin Franklin
25. “It’s not enough to be busy; so are the ants. The question is, what are we busy about?” — Henry David Thoreau
26. “You cannot increase the quality or quantity of your achievement or performance except to the degree in which you increase your ability to use your time effectively.” — Brian Tracy
27. “Once you have mastered time, you will understand how true it is that most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year—and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade!” — Tony Robbins
28. “There is a rarely mentioned technique of efficiency. You can unlock huge amounts of time by rushing jobs that don’t matter much.” — Simon Reynolds
29. “I will be ruthless in cutting out waste, streamlining structures, and improving efficiency.” — Theresa May
30. “I knew I could control one thing, and that is my time and my hours and my effort and my efficiency.” — Ryan Seacrest
Business Advice and Quotes for Efficiency
Grow your business with these tips on being efficient.
31. “The combination of hard work and smart work is efficient work.” — Robert Half
32. “He that rises late must trot all day” — Benjamin Franklin
33. “It’s not always that we need to do more but rather that we need to focus on less.” — Nathan W. Morris
34. “Don’t manage what you can systematize or, better yet, eliminate.” — Jeff Davidson
35. “Obviously, the highest type of efficiency is that which can utilize existing material to the best advantage.” — Jawaharlal Nehru
36. “Whenever there is a hard job to be done, I assign it to a lazy man; he is sure to find an easy way of doing it.” — Walter Chrysler
37. “Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials.” — Lin Yutang
38. “The most efficient way to live reasonably is every morning to make a plan of one’s day and every night to examine the results obtained.” — Alexis Carrel
39. “By concentrating our efforts upon a few major goals, our efficiency soars, our projects are completed, we are going somewhere.” — Michael Korda
40. “If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it will take more of your attention than it deserves.” — David Allen
Inspiring Quotes for Efficiency
Be inspired to take action with these efficiency quotes.
41. “Simplicity is the soul of efficiency.” — Austin Freeman
42. “Simplicity boils down to two steps: Identify the essential. Eliminate the rest.” — Leo Babauta
43. “The merit in action lies in finishing it to the end.” — Genghis Khan
44. “To be disciplined is to follow in a good way. To be self-disciplined is to follow in a better way.” — Corita Kent
45. “Our efficiency without God’s sufficiency is only a deficiency.” — Vance Havner
46. “Efficiency is doing things—not wishing you could do them, dreaming about them, or wondering if you can do them.” — Frank Crane
47. “Progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” — Robert A. Heinlein
48. “Early rising not only gives us more life in the same number of years, but adds, likewise, to their number; and not only enables us to enjoy more of existence in the same time but increases also the measure.” — Caleb C. Colton
49. “Productivity and efficiency can be achieved only step by step with sustained hard work, relentless attention to details and insistence on the highest standards of quality and performance.” — J.R.D. Tata
50. “There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long-range risks of comfortable inaction.” — John F. Kennedy
How Can I Live a More Efficient Life?
Having a healthy balance of enjoyment and efficiency in your life is essential; being efficient can open up more time for enjoyment.
Some ways to improve efficiency in your day include limiting the time you spend watching television or on your phone, planning your meals and clothes ahead of time, and focusing your energy on things you can control or enjoy instead of focusing on things you cannot control.
Please share these quotes for efficiency with your family and friends and post any comments about efficiency in the comment section below.