Top Saving Money Quotes for Everyone
October 2, 2022 8:00 AM EST
Spending money may be fun, but these saving money quotes will show you just how important it is to save.
There are two kinds of people in life—spenders and savers.
Spenders are people who naturally like to spend their money, which means they tend to struggle with saving money.
Savers are the people who would rather tuck their money away to have it if they need it later instead of spending it today.
There is a good balance to be found between the two.
If you struggle with saving, the savings quotes below will help you be motivated to get started for your future.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Top 10 Best Saving Money Quotes
Saving money is not a new concept by any means. The following quotes span the generations.
1. “Never spend your money before you have it.” – Thomas Jefferson
2. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. “It is great wealth to a soul to live frugally with a contented mind.” – Lucretius
You will also enjoy our article on Fahrenheit 451 quotes.
4. “Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving.” – Warren Buffett
You will also enjoy our article on money quotes.
5. “Being a smart shopper is the first step to getting rich.” – Mark Cuban
6. “Wealth is not his that has it, but his that enjoys it.” – Benjamin Franklin
7. “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” – John C. Maxwell
8. “I believe that thrift is essential to well-ordered living.” – John D. Rockefeller
9. “By sowing frugality we reap liberty, a golden harvest.” – Agesilaus
10 “He who will not economize will have to agonize.” – Confucius
Motivational Saving Money Quotes
Sometimes thinking about the long-term impact of our decisions can help us make wiser ones. Consider these saving money quotes as you make your financial decisions.
11. “If you would be wealthy, think of saving as well as getting.” – Benjamin Franklin
12. “It is thrifty to prepare today for the wants of tomorrow.” – Aesop
13. “Money amassed either serves us or rules us.” – Horace
14. “Saving money Today secures, eases, and beautifies Tomorrow.” – Ehsan Sehgal
15. “Small amounts saved daily add up to huge investments in the end.” ― Margo Vader
16. “There is a gigantic difference between earning a great deal of money and being rich.” — Marlene Dietrich
17. “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.” – Benjamin Franklin
18. “If saving money is wrong, I don’t want to be right!” – William Shatner
19. “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
20. “Once you really accept that spending money doesn’t equal happiness, you have half the battle won.” – Ernest Callenbach
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of saving quotes for building a better future.
Saving Money Quotes with a Strong Impact
How each person chooses to spend their money says a lot about them. Consider how your spending and savings communicates who you are as you read these quotes.
21. “Save money on the big, boring stuff so that you have something left over for life’s little pleasures.” – Elisabeth Leamy
22. “Know what you own, and know why you own it.” – Peter Lynch
23. “If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed.” – Edmund Burke
24. “Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
25. “Don’t tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money, and I’ll tell you what they are.” – James W. Frick
26. “The habit of saving is itself an education; it fosters every virtue, teaches self-denial, cultivates the sense of order, trains to forethought, and so broadens the mind.” – T.T. Munger
27. “The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing.” – Philip Fisher
28. “It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.” — Robert Kiyosaki
29. “Money should be mastered, not served.” – Publilius Syrus
30. “Keep your eyes on the price when spending. Don’t regret later to find that you have nothing for tomorrow.” – Auliq Ice
Exceptional Saving Money Quotes
Delayed gratification is not a popular idea, but it can be life changing. Saving money for the things you want in the future can hep ease your stress and financial burden. What else can you learn from these money quotes?
31. “A man who both spends and saves money is the happiest man because he has both enjoyments.” – Samuel Johnson
32. “Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.” – Norman Vincent Peale
33. “Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.” – P.T. Barnum
34. “Deprive yourself on nothing necessary for your comfort, but live in an honorable simplicity and frugality.” – John McDonough
35. “Waste neither time nor money, but make the best use of both.” – Benjamin Franklin
36. “You must gain control over your money, or the lack of it will forever control you.” – Dave Ramsey
37. “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” – Ayn Rand
38. “A penny saved is still just a fucking penny.” – Dan Lok
39. “Saving money is good. Saving dreams is not good.” – Richie Norton
40. “To Become Rich — You Must Value Saving More than Spending.” – George Choy
More Motivational Saving Money Quotes
It can help to put motivational quotes about things you want to do up around your house. Choose from the money quotes here to keep yourself motivated to save for your goals.
41. “Small amounts saved daily add up to huge investments in the end” – Margo Vader
42. “Just because something is conventional doesn’t mean it’s conservative or correct” – Jeremy C. Miller
43. “Saving allows us to survive but investing enables us to thrive” – Logan Allegianis-Pierce
44. “Many people save money and time to accomplish nothing in life.” – Tamerlan Kuzgov
45. “Literally, time is money. Starting to save now instead of later lessens the amount you will need to contribute.” – Coreen T. Sol, CFA
46. “Save when you don’t need it, and it’ll be there for you when you do.” – Frank Sonnenberg
47. “Enough is better than too much.” – Dutch Proverb
48. “Some of the wealthiest people in the world became wealthy by saving money.” – Doug McMillon
49. “The art is not in making money, but in keeping it.” – Jewish Proverb
50. “He who buys what he does not need, steals from himself.” – Swedish Proverb
Which of these saving money quotes hit you the hardest?
There are many different reasons why saving your money is helpful instead of spending it all.
Building an emergency fund is a helpful way to have money set aside for the future in case you lose your job, your bathroom sink starts leaking, or you have some other unexpected expenses you’re unable to plan for.
It’s also important to save for your short-term and long-term financial goals.
A short-term goal could be something like saving to go on an international vacation next year.
A long-term goal could be saving so you can retire when you’re 50 years old.
Saving money might not sound like the most fun, but you can use your financial goals as motivation to keep you going so you can achieve the things you want.
Which saving money quotes motivate you the most?
Let us know in the comments, and then share them on social media to help motivate your friends and family too.
You can keep each other accountable to work toward your financial goals.