Get inspiration and motivation for achieving your goals with these “shoot your shot” quotes!
“Shoot your shot” is a popular phrase adopted by younger generations as a motivational mantra for pursuing their dreams.
You may also enjoy these related articles:
Tell us your favorite shoot your shot quote in the comment section!
What Are The Benefits of Reading Shoot Your Shot Quotes?
Shoot your shot is a phrase that has gained significant popularity recently.
At its heart, the phrase encourages people to take risks and make bold choices to pursue their desires rather than passively wait for opportunities to come their way.
Reading shoot your shot quotes can give you inspiration and motivation to follow your dreams in a bold way and without excuse.
The phrase is an alternative way of expressing that there is no reward without risk.
It is akin to saying things like:
- “Take a chance”
- “Go out on a limb”
- “Big risks mean big rewards”
Shoot your shot is used in various contexts, from job interviews and networking events to online dating and social interactions.
It is believed to have originated in basketball, where it refers to taking a risky shot to score points.
In pop culture, the term has come to be associated with making bold moves in other areas of life, including career, social life, and romance.
Social media has played a significant role in popularizing shoot your shot and bringing it mainstream.
This is largely due to the rise of dating apps, where repeating the phrase makes connecting with people and initiating conversations online easier.
Overall, shoot your shot has become a popular phrase in modern pop culture, serving as a reminder to seize opportunities and pursue your dreams.
Enjoy these shoot your shot quotes!
Short shoot-your-shot quotes from elite sharpshooters
In life, you have to shoot your shot.
Check out these quick and sweet shoot-your-shot quotes.
1. “Give it your best shot. Go for it.” — Carmen Rasmusen
2. “Golf’s three ugliest words: still your shot.” — Dave Marr
3. “When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk.” ― Eli Wallach
4. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” — Wayne Gretzky
5. “The most important shot in golf is the next one.” — Ben Hogan
6. “The mind messes up more shots than the body.” — Tommy Bolt
7. “Go head, Taggert. Take your best shot.” — Lawrence O’Donnell
8. “I believe in giving everything my best shot.” — Shailender Singh
9. “I think each shoot has a different personality.” ― Kim Kardashian
10. “If you want to be a good shooter, you’ve got to shoot.” ― Lonzo Ball
The best shoot-your-shot quotes from professional scorers and successful artists
Who better to get shot-shooting advice than those who shot their shot and scored?
11. “You can’t score a goal if you don’t take a shot.” — Johan Cruyff
12. “I can say that I gave it the best shot that I could.” — Jazmin Carlin
13. “Shoot for the moon, and if you miss, you will still be among the stars.” ― Les Brown
14. “It may or may not work, but we’re going to give it our best shot.” — Richard Branson
15. “I skated like it’s a sport, went for everything, and just gave it my best shot.” — Michelle Kwan
16. “I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward; you are only going to kill a man.” ― Che Guevara
17. “I’m not the guy who’s afraid of failure. I like to take risks, take the big shot and all that.” — Stephen Curry
18. “Wrestling seemed like something I might be good at, so I stuck with it and gave it a shot.” — Seth Rollins
19. “You don’t have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight.” ― Barry Goldwater
20. “I’d say, go ahead, shoot your shot. More power to ya if you can come up with a different angle on the character.” — Clint Eastwood
Famous shoot-your-shot quotes for living with no regrets
You must shoot your shot because you do not want to regret what might have been.
21. “You still might not make it, but at least you gave it your best shot.” — David Eddings
22. “Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.” — Charlie Chaplin
23. “Humility, that low, sweet root, from which all heavenly virtues shoot.” — Thomas Moore
24. “The shots that hit me are the last nails to the coffin of British rule in India.” — Lala Lajpat Rai
25. “I always gave it the best shot I had, whether it went my way or not that night.” — B.J. Penn
26. “I’ve always done pretty well in auditions. I just go in and give it my best shot.” — Ariel Winter
27. “I shoot an arrow into the air, where it lands, I do not care: I get my arrows wholesale!” ― Curly Howard
28. “If I’m going to get hit, why let the guy who’s going to hit me get the easiest and best shot?” — Walter Payton
29. “I always wanted to, and I happened to have the courage to go out there and give it my best shot.” — Evander Holyfield
30. “Our best shot at finding life in our solar system might be to look at the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.” — Michio Kaku
The top shoot-your-shot quotes to live by
Check out these interesting shoot-your-shot quotes.
31. “At least he can move on knowing that he gave it his best shot.” — Donald Ray Pollock
32. “The only thing you can control is your attitude toward the next shot.” — Mark McCumber
33. “Everybody in baseball knows it’s tough. I’m just going to give it my best shot.” — Mark McGwire
34. “Many shots are spoiled at the last instant by efforts to add a few more yards.” — Bobby Jones
35. “There’s no shame in failing. The only shame is not giving things your best shot.” — Robin Williams
36. “We both have a great loyalty to it, and I think that it’s important to give it our best shot.” — Nicholas Lea
37. “Give it your best shot, have a good time, and if it doesn’t work, at least you tried!” — Melanie Chisholm
38. “You don’t have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight.” — Barry Goldwater
39. “The one who “knows what to do” is the one on whom you can rely to make the best shot at success, whenever success is possible.” — Roger Scruton
40. “If I wasn’t in the rap game, I’d probably have a key knee-deep in the crack game. Because the streets is a short stop: Either you’re slinging crack rock, or you got a wicked jump shot.” — The Notorious B.I.G.
Shoot-your-shot quotes and sayings about life
We close our list with these motivational shoot-your-shot quotes.
41. “When people say God blessed me with a beautiful jump shot, it really pisses me off.” — Ray Allen
42. “My dad raised me with some good advice: ‘Always tell the truth. Always shoot from the hip.”― Pink
43. “As long as you gave it your best shot, even if in the opinion of others’ you failed,’ you didn’t fail.” — Al Lewis
44. “Give lifting that person your best shot, but don’t hang around long enough for his/her bad attitude to pull you down.” — Zig Ziglar
45. “You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots – but you have to play the ball where it lies.” — Bobby Jones
46. “Life is like a camera; focus on what’s important, capture the good times. And if things don’t work out, just take another shot.” — Ziad K. Abdelnour
47. “I give everything my best shot, and sometimes it doesn’t work out, and other times it works out much better than you thought.” — Peter Morgan
48. “I’m going to keep doing everything because I love to do it, but I will never sacrifice my time between the ropes. That’s no shot to anybody.” — John Cena
49. “A jump shot can get you a shoe deal, a big house, a supermodel, fancy cars, a bunch of yes men, a Swiss bank account. But none of these things can get you a jump shot.” — Allen Iverson
50. “The most successful people in this world recognize that taking chances to get what they want is much more productive than sitting around being too scared to take a shot.” — Steve Harvey
Which Shoot Your Shot Quote Is Your Favorite?
“Shoot your shot” is a mainstream phrase that doesn’t appear to be fading away anytime soon.
It’s a great reminder that you can’t score if you don’t shoot, so always seize the opportunity to take your shot!
We hand-picked these shoot your shot quotes to offer you the most enjoyable reading experience.
Also, to make it easy to find a shoot your shot quote that speaks to you.
Let us know your favorite shoot your shot quote in the comments section!
We would love to hear from you.
Additionally, if you liked these shoot your shot quotes, share them with others via social media by clicking the Share button.