These sister-in-law quotes really express the special bond between a woman and the woman who marries her brother (or sister).
A sister-in-law can be a gift for everyone who ever wanted a sister, but had only brothers.
If you are looking for the perfect sister-in-law quotes to celebrate your sister-in-law’s birthday or another special occasion you have come to the right place!
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by Psychology Today, sisters-in-law rank second only to mothers as the most influential female presence in one’s life.
Furthermore, research shows that having a good relationship with your sister-in-law can lead to greater marital satisfaction and overall happiness.
She might not be related to you by blood, but you can still express how thankful you are she joined your family.
These inspirational quotes about the special bond between sisters will move her for sure.
Sisters are a blessing, whether they are by blood or marriage.
Keep reading through these sister-in-law quotes to find the one that expresses your feelings for your sibling’s spouse perfectly!
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Sister-in-law quotes from unknown origins
A study by the University of California, Berkeley, found that having a close relationship with your sister-in-law can decrease feelings of loneliness and increase a sense of social connectedness.
Reading Sister-in-Law Quotes can help to create a sense of emotional closeness between two people who may not have grown up together or shared common experiences.
1. “Sister-in-law by chance, friends by choice.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on funny sister quotes.
2. “You are more than a sister-in-law, you are my sister.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on sibling quotes.
3. “Sisters-in-law are like the other women in a relationship.” — Unknown
4. “On the day of the wedding, our families will blend, you’ll be my sister and also my friend.” — Unknown
5. “Sister-in-law—a lifetime supply of love and support traditionally given to a bride on her wedding day.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on mother daughter quotes.
6. “Your sister isn’t always your blood relation, sometimes it’s that close friend who understands you, loves you, and has always got your back.” — Unknown
7. “Our friendship grows, yet stays the same, for sisters-in-law we became. Yet she is so much more, for she has become a sister that I adore.” — Unknown
8. “I am so thankful that you are my sister-in-law. I have learned so much from you and I can honestly say that you are a blessing to our family.” — Unknown
9. “Even though we live miles apart, you will always be dear to my heart. So, to you, a special love I send, to not just my sister-in-law, but also my friend.” — Unknown
10. “Sister-in-Law, you are someone that I can talk to, someone I can lean on, and someone that understands me. You are much more than just my brother’s wife, you are my friend.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on sister quotes.
Amusing sister-in-law quotes
11. “Happiness is annoying your sister-in-law.” — Unknown
12. “The greatest gift my brother ever gave me was you.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on father-daughter-quotes.
13. “If the marriage were valid, she’d be your sister-in-law.” — Cassandra Clare
14. “In the cookies of life, sisters-in-law are chocolate chips.” — Unknown
15. “I am writing a book on my sister in law which is called jealous.” — Unknown
16. “If you want to know how old a woman is … ask her sister in law.” — E.W. Howe
17. “I sang a song at my sister’s wedding. My mother forced me into that, too. But that one felt all right.” — Adam Sandler
18. “I smile because you’re my sister-in-law, and I laugh because there’s nothing I can do about it!” — Unknown
19. “I started walking at night with my sister-in-law which has been amazing. It really does something for you.” — Ashley Scott
20. “Happiness is going shopping with my sister-in-law. She’s got the traits of my husband that I like, with the added bonus of her love of shopping!” — Unknown
Sentimental sister-in-law quotes
21. “Sisters-in-laws are a special kind of family.” — Unknown
22. “By luck we became sisters, by love we became friends.” — Unknown
23. “If I didn’t have you as a sister-in-law, I’d choose you as a friend.” — Unknown
24. “I’m so glad that I have a wonderful sister-in-law like you in my life.” — Unknown
25. “When I think of all the blessings in my life, my sister in law is right there at the very top of the list!” — Unknown
26. “They can call you sister in law or my brother’s wife it doesn’t matter you’re a special person in my life you’re like my sister.” — Unknown
27. “Having a sister-in-law like you makes life so much easier. It’s like I didn’t just gain a partner in life, but I also got a new sister that I can talk to about anything!” — Unknown
28. “No one relationship is without its share of problems but with you, I’ve seen a sister ready to form a bond with me with all trueness of heart. Thanks, dear sister in law.” — Unknown
29. “Sister-in-Law, you are someone that I can talk to, someone I can lean on, and someone that understands me. You are much more than just my brother’s wife, you are my friend.” — Unknown
30. “To lose a brother is to lose someone with whom you can share the experience of growing old, who is supposed to bring you a sister-in-law and nieces and nephews, creatures who people the tree of your life and give it new branches.” — Yann Martel
Appreciative sister-in-law quotes
31. “You’re the best sister-in-law, and I really love you!” — Unknown
32. “A sister-in-law can mean so much in so little time.” — Unknown
33. “Having a sister-in-law means you always have a backup.” — Unknown
34. “Having a bond with your sister-in-law is something money can’t buy.” — Unknown
35. “I mean, I don’t really understand why you picked my brother, but I’m glad you did.” — Unknown
36. “The only thing better than having you as my sister-in-law is my children having you as their aunt.” — Unknown
37. “I don’t know who is luckier, my brother because you are his wife or me because you are my sister-in-law.” — Unknown
38. “Sister-in-law—the one who can get mad at only for a short period because you have important stuff to tell them.” — Unknown
39. “Sisters-in-law are like muffins in a bad day. They make you all warm and fluffy inside, chasing the bad vibes away.” — Unknown
40. “I like your annoying behavior, I enjoy your silly tantrums, and I get amused by your crazy antics all because you are my cute sister-in-law.” — Unknown
Sister-in-law quotes about sisterhood
41. “There is no place for secrets in sisterhood.” — Erin Forbes
42. “Sisters make the best friends in the world.” — Marilyn Monroe
43. “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.” — Unknown
44. “Sister to sister we will always be, a couple of nuts off the family tree.” — Unknown
45. “The only person I lie to is my little sister, when I steal her clothes.” — Kendall Jenner
46. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister?” — Alice Walker
47. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” — Carol Saline
48. “Don’t talk about my sister; don’t play with me about my sister. If you do, you’ll see another side of me.” — Beyoncé
49. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” — Amy Li
50. “Acquaintances were always on their best behavior, but sisters loved each other enough to say anything.” — Lauren Weisberger
Sister-in-Law Quotes for an Extended Family
51. “My sister-in-law believes that few narratives are so tightly constructed that you can’t skip boring bits and still keep abreast of what’s going on.” — Arthur Smith
52. “The only siblings I have are half-siblings. My nuclear family would have been an extra-suffocating threesome. Instead, I have an interesting brother and sister, in-laws, and darling nephews.” — Jane Smiley
53. “And not only my own brothers and sisters agreed so but my brothers and sisters in law; and their children, although but young, had the like agreeable natures and affectionate dispositions.” — Margaret Cavendish
54. “My sister-in-law found a real surprise in her stockings – my brother.” — Milton Berle
55. “My grandfather was a teacher, my grandmother on my mom’s side, four of my aunts, my sister-in-law, my best friend.” — Michelle Rhee.
56. “Well, I’ve seen a bunch of acupuncturists and one of my sisters-in-law is an herbalist. So, I know a lot about alternative medicine. I don’t know a lot about the practice but I know about the world.” — Tim Daly
57. “This show has shown me how to throw a punch. But watching my future sister-in-law go through breast cancer has also shown me how to take one.” — Charlotte Ross
58. “Your relationship with your sister-in-law is hingeing on your brother’s – or your sister-in-law’s – ability to keep that relationship together.” — Justin Hartley
59. “My sister-in-law is so skinny that she has a striped dress with only one stripe.” — Phyllis Diller
60. “My sister-in-law is a painter, and I’ll say, how long did it take you to paint that painting. She’ll say, It took me maybe three days, but it took me all my life to get the skills to paint that painting.” — Anthony Doerr
Sister-in-Law Quotes on The Unique Relationship
61. “You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older, they’re the only ones who don’t get bored if you talk about your memories.” ― Deborah Moggach
62. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.” ― Benjamin Disraeli
63. “It is natural not to care about a sister certainly not when she is four years older and grinds her teeth at night.” ― Gertrude Stein
64. “What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention.” ― Claire Cook
65. “Airport Cars UK are always helpful and on time when we go on holiday. They have also done themselves proud with the executive people carriers at my sister-in-law’s wedding.” ― Shane Richie
66. “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.” ― Pam Brown
67. “I was in fashion school, my brother has a law background, and my sister-in-law had worked in production, but none of us had a proper fashion business education.” ― Alexander Wang
68. Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.” ― Margaret Mead
69. “To steal from a brother or sister is evil. To not steal from the institutions that are the pillars of the Pig Empire is equally immoral.” — Abbie Hoffman
70. A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves – a special kind of double.” ― Toni Morrison
71. “Over the years my dear brother made some bad choices. But his pick for a wife was a great one, you are a keeper, a winner! Love you sis in law.” — Kate Summers
72. “Sister in laws like you make me realize that my brother does have good taste. Many Happy Returns!” — Ann Lynch
73. “The years have been good to you my sister in law. I hope I have your energy, your spark, and your enthusiasm when I am your age. You are the best!” — Kate Summers
74. “Our family has been blessed with a sister in law like you. You are like a sister, you are a great aunt, and a loving daughter all wrapped up in one. We want nothing but the best for you!” — Theodore W. Higginsworth
75. “A sister I never had, but now I have a sister in law who is the best sister I could have ever dreamed of. Thank you and many happy days in the coming year.” — A. Lynch
76. “Every family should have a woman like you as a sister in law – if they did, they would get along better.” — Byron Pulsifer
77. “So many don’t like their in laws but we lucked out the day you married into our family. And on special days like today, we just want you to know you complete our family in the most positive way.” — Byron Pulsifer
78. “We could not have wished for a better sister in law than you. Thank you for being who you are.” — Kate Summers
Which of these sister-in-law quotes is your favorite?
Your sister-in-law will not only be someone special to you.
She will also be an aunt to your children if you choose to have any.
And aunts are really the best thing ever!
She will also be like another daughter to your parents.
If she loves your sibling and brings joy to your life then let her know.
If you don’t really get along with your sister-in-law maybe these sister-in-law quotes and sayings will inspire you to build a better relationship with her.
After all, she is the person your spouse has promised to love and cherish forever.
Do you have a sister-in-law?
What are some of your fondest memories or experiences together?
Let us know in the comment section below!