Squirrel Quotes That Are Interesting and Hilarious
April 14, 2023 12:52 AM EST
Finding the best and most exciting squirrel quotes is not as easy as you might think.
If you want to read hilarious and interesting quotes about this furry friend, this is the article for you.
Here, you’ll find your favorite squirrel quotes that are worth sharing.
In addition to the quotes, we have also shared some interesting facts about squirrels.
So, let’s dive in!
Interesting facts about Squirrels
Squirrels are tiny furry creatures often seen jumping and running across backyard trees.
Squirrels are famous for their adorable yet impressive acrobatic movements.
They love nuts and are widely available in various parts of the world.
Below are some interesting facts about Squirrels.
There are more than 200 recorded species of squirrels.
Each species is slightly different from the others.
The Pygmy squirrel, for instance, is the smallest of all species that are only a few inches long.
On the other hand, Indian giant squirrels can be as long as 3 feet.
Squirrels are found in various habitats, including grasslands, urban areas, and forests.
However, Antarctica and Australia are the two continents where squirrels aren’t found.
Squirrels are ferocious eaters, and they are capable of munching on one pound of food each week.
Usually, people think that nuts are the basic food eaten by squirrels.
However, squirrels are referred to as omnivore animals.
This suggests that they can eat both plants and meat.
The main diet of a squirrel comprises:
On some occasions, squirrels can also eat food like:
- Small insects
- Small animals
- Caterpillars, etc
Squirrels have strong jaws and sharp teeth, which help them to crack seeds and nuts.
In addition, squirrels are excellent climbers too.
They can easily climb trees with their sharp claws.
The ability to rotate hind feet is a unique ability associated with squirrels.
With this, they can swiftly climb down trees with their headfirst.
Squirrels are social animals that are found playing with other squirrels.
To communicate with each other, squirrels utter various sounds and use different gestures, including chirping, chattering, and tail flicking.
Tree squirrels, in their early phase of evolution, used to hibernate.
However, they lose their ability to hibernate as they evolve.
Tree squirrels keep them safe from harsh winters by staying in their nests.
They spend the rest of their time digging up the nuts and seeds they buried during the summer.
On the other hand, chipmunks (close relatives of squirrels) hibernate by going to a safe underground place.
Top 10 Squirrel Quotes
Here are the top 10 squirrel quotes from our quotes compilation.
1. “She’s as nutty as squirrel poo.” — J. K. Rowling
2. “Squirrel brains make you smart.” — Kay Robertson
3. “You can’t keep a squirrel on the ground.” — Mary Lasswell
4. “Rarely does one see a squirrel tremble.” — Zadie Smith
5. “A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit!” — Sarah Jessica Parker
6. “Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again.” — Will Smith
7. “Never lose sight of an antelope for a dashing squirrel.” — PLO Lumumba
8. “The squirrel in my yard really knows his way around the neighborhood.” — Bob Saget
9. “The first pleasant days of spring come out like a squirrel and go in again.” — Henry David Thoreau
10. “Sometimes big trees grow out of acorns – I think I heard that from a squirrel.” — Jerry Coleman
Hilarious Squirrel Quotes
Check out these funny and witty quotes about squirrels that will make you laugh and appreciate these adorable critters even more!
11. “Squirrels are just rats with good publicity.” — Garrison Wynn
12. “To make a squirrel look less uptight, put tiny sunglasses on it.” — Demetri Martin
13. “There are cameras nowadays that have been developed to tell the difference between a squirrel and a bomb.” — George W. Bush
14. “People look at me like I’m a little strange when I go around talking to squirrels and rabbits and stuff. That’s ok. That’s just ok.” — Bob Ross
15. “The squirrel has not yet found the acorn that will grow to the oak that will be cut to form the cradle of the babe that will grow to slay me.” — Neil Gaiman
16. “It annoys me a bit how people like squirrels but not rats. At the end of the day, they’re the same thing, except that squirrels have had a better upbringing.” — Karl Pilkington
17. “Whenever he looks at me with those big brown eyes, I feel like giving him a nut,” she said. She even started calling the squirrels running around in the park Mr. Whitmans.” — Kerstin Gier
18. “Take this squirrel, for instance. Ulysses. Do I believe he can type poetry? Sure, I do believe it. There is much more beauty in the world if I believe such a thing is possible.” — Kate DiCamillo
19. “It considered trying to explain their error to them, but what would be the use? They would only go away with hurt feelings. You can’t always expect people, or squirrels, to be rational.” — Thomas M. Disch
20. “O sweet September, thy first breezes bring The dry leaf’s rustle and the squirrel’s laughter, The cool fresh air whence health and vigor spring And the promise of exceeding joy hereafter.” — George Arnold
Intellectual Squirrel Quotes
Squirrel quotes are based on intellect as well. Following intellectual squirrel quotes will make you learn a lot.
21. “I like squirrels. They’re so adventurous.” — Gabby Douglas
22. “It’s easy to smile when you have a squirrel’s intellect.” — Dylan Moran
23. “Well, it may be humorous to you, but it’s a very serious matter to the squirrels.” — Lisa Kleypas
24. “The highway of life is filled with flat squirrels that couldn’t make a decision.” — John C. Maxwell
25. “You can’t be suspicious of a tree, or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet.” — Hal Borland
26. “Small birds throw seeds out of the feeder; large birds pick them up off the ground, but the squirrels try to muscle in.” — Lilian Jackson Braun
27. “When businesspeople take credit for creating jobs, it’s a little like squirrel taking credit for creating evolution. In fact, it’s the other way around.” — Nick Hanauer
28. “If we had a keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel’s heartbeat, and we should die of that roar which lies on the other side of silence.” — George Eliot
29. “The best moments any of us have as human beings are those moments when, for a little while, it is possible to escape the squirrel cage of being me into the landscape of being us.” — Frederick Buechner
30. “Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel, for example – I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.” — Nazim Hikmet
Squirrel Quotes About Nature
Nature is related to each animal and also squirrels. The below squirrel quotes are based on nature and will make you fall in love with nature.
31. “Nature is what we see – the hill, the afternoon, squirrel, eclipse, the bumblebee. Nay, nature is heaven. Nature is what we hear…” — Emily Dickinson
32. “Everything is made of Magic, leaves and trees, flowers and birds, badgers and foxes and squirrels and people. So it must be all around us. In this garden-in all the places.” — Frances Hodgson Burnett
33. “Science is a seagull; it knows the sky; it is a squirrel; it knows the forest; it is a mole, it knows the underground; it is a dolphin, it knows the ocean! Science is a multi-talented creature!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
34. “Nature is our friend – trees, squirrels, grass, fields, meadows, oceans – without people. Hike. Walk. Stroll. Bike. Swim. Be in a still place and feel eternity. Have a great time. Just feel it.” — Frederick Lenz
35. “The idea is that there is a kind of memory in nature. Each kind of thing has a collective memory. So, take a squirrel living in New York now. That squirrel is being influenced by all past squirrels.” — Rupert Sheldrake
36. “The greenest home is the one you don’t build. If you really want to save the Earth, move in with another family and share a house that’s already built. Better yet, live in the forest and eat whatever the squirrels don’t want.” — Scott Adams
37. “Like squirrels, the best in every business do what they have learned to do without questioning their abilities – they flat out trust their skills, which is why we call this high-performance state of mind the ‘Trusting Mindset.’” — John Eliot
38. “In nature, everything is valuable; everything has its place. The rose, the daisy, the lark, the squirrel, each is different but beautiful. Each has its own expression. Each flower its’ own fragrance. Each bird has its’ own song. So you too have your own unique melody.” — Diane Dreher
39. “So extraordinary is Nature with her choicest treasures, spending plant beauty as she spends sunshine, pouring it forth into land and sea, garden and desert. And so the beauty of lilies falls on angels and men, bears and squirrels, wolves and sheep, birds and bees.” — John Muir
40. “Natural history is a matter of observation; it is a harvest you gather when and where you find it growing. Birds and squirrels and flowers are not always in season, but the philosophy we have is always with us. It is a crop which we can grow and reap at all times and in all places, and it has its own value and brings its own satisfaction.” — John Burroughs
More Squirrel Quotes and Facts
Explore the world of squirrels through factually based quotes. Learn fascinating insights about these furry creatures and deepen your knowledge of their behavior and habits.
41. “Red squirrels… you don’t see many of them since they became extinct.” — Michael Aspel
42. “No one knew about the squirrel’s skull beneath Briony’s bed, but no one wanted to know.” — Ian Mcewan
43. “My dad liked to boil a squirrel head and suck the brains out the nose. Smaller than a chicken, bigger than a rat.” — Beth Ditto
44. “The mammalian brain evolved exquisite place memory because that was essential for survival. This is why squirrels have such a good memory for where they buried their nuts.” — Daniel Levitin
45. “The flesh is sweeter, where the creature has some chance for its life; for that reason, I always use a single ball, even if it be at a bird or a squirrel; besides, it saves lead, for, when a body knows how to shoot, one piece of lead is enough for all, except hard-lived animals.” — James F. Cooper
46. “Many people love grey squirrels, but the reality is that they are a real problem for some of our most threatened native species, like the red squirrel and dormouse. It is not realistic, practical or even desirable to completely eradicate grey squirrels, but we must control them effectively.” — Jim Knight
47. “I hope he has them chasing blue squirrels all day!” Graystripe hissed to Fireheart as they headed toward the corner where a few pieces of fresh kill remained from last night. “But there aren’t any blue squirrels,” Fireheart mewed in confusion. Precisely!” Graystripe’s amber eyes gleamed.” — Erin Hunter
48. “Outside openings to attics, crawl spaces and similar locations should be sealed off so rats and squirrels can’t get into houses, garages, or other structures. Pet owners should make an extra effort to keep their domestic animals free of fleas and avoid leaving out pet food where it can attract wild animals.” — Frank Hall
49. “For instance, the blood of hibernating arctic squirrels may supercool to minus 3 degrees when it would normally congeal. The supercooled blood still flows since it remains a liquid, but the slightest disturbance will cause it to freeze, killing the squirrel; therefore, you should not disturb hibernating arctic squirrels.” — Joao Magueijo
50. “I was becoming more cunning than an animal in hiding my supply of morphine. A squirrel saving nuts is limited by its undeveloped imagination … but I was not so handicapped. A squirrel, for example, is debarred from sending money to some greedy doctor or druggist and making arrangements to have a bit of powder sent each day by mail.” — Evalyn Walsh McLean
Which of these Squirrel Quotes is Your Favorite?
After going through our list of squirrel quotes, it will be easy to understand why they are so popular.
Squirrels are adorable creatures that humans love to see and play with.
This might explain why squirrel quotes are so popular.
All these quotes are divided into different sections to help you find your favorite quote.
If you have already found one, share it with us in the comments below.
We are looking forward to your reply.