Learn about these magnificent boats associated with luxury and leisure with our fun yacht quotes!
The glamorous vessels called yachts offer unmatched comfort to anyone cruising the sea.
They often symbolize an affluent lifestyle of travel and fun.
Learn more with our yacht quotes below!
The History of Yachts
Royal families and wealthy nobles were the first people to use yachts.
The term “Yacht” comes from the Dutch word “Jacht,” meaning “Chase” or “To Hunt”.
Many Dutch naval vessels were repurposed as “Jachts” in the 17th century and used as pleasure crafts for nobles, which led to the birth of modern yachts.
Features of Yachts
Below are the most prominent features of yachts:
- Large size and high-end accommodations
- Modern design and elegance
- Onboard Entertainment
- Crew and Services
Size and Accommodations
The size of a yacht varies depending on the accommodation it offers.
They can range from relatively small vessels to a superyacht.
Superyachts range from 37 m (≈120 ft) to 60 m (≈200 ft).
Those over 60 m are known as megayachts, and boats over 90 m (≈300 ft) have been referred to as giga-yachts.
Huge yachts have decks, swimming pools, and lounges.
Design and Elegance
Yachts are carefully designed to offer an elegant look.
Aesthetics is a key element of any yacht made for pleasure and adventure.
The design features usually include sleek lines, innovative materials, and luxurious interiors.
Yachts also feature an onboard entertainment facility.
This means yachts have their bars, movie theaters, gyms, and spa facilities.
Crew and Services
To offer services to the inhabitants and guests, yachts have their own staff.
The professional yacht crew includes:
The Yacht Lifestyle
A journey on a yacht promises a sense of freedom- allowing you to explore the open seas and enjoy beautiful scenery.
On the other hand, yacht owners also enjoy privacy.
They can travel to pristine locations and tourist destinations that are less crowded.
Hence, yachts are now treated as an expression of status, success, and accomplishment.
Top 10 Yacht Quotes
Here are our top ten quotes about yachts!
1. “Seagulls . . . slim yachts of the element.” — Robinson Jeffers
2. “Rooting for the Yankees is like owning a yacht.” — Jimmy Cannon
3. “I’m a qualified yacht skipper, so I do a lot of sailing.” — Kris Marshall
4. “Yachts are the closest a commoner can get to sovereignty.” — Charles Simonyi
5. “Having a yacht is a reason for being more cheerful than most.” — Kurt Vonnegut
6. “The idea behind Reaganomics is this: a rising tide lifts all yachts.” — Walter F. Mondale
7. “Some billionaires like cars, yachts, and private jets. Others like newspapers.” — Andrew Ross Sorkin
8. “I don’t stay up and rent private jets and go on yachts and whoop it up in Miami.” — Neil Patrick Harris
9. “I have high-tech tastes. If I had $100 million, I would spend it on research equipment rather than a yacht.” — Stephen LaBerge
10. “I am not a multimillionaire. I don’t own a yacht or a Ferrari. I live in a 60-square-metre flat. My needs are simple.” — Ferran
Quotes About Buying or Owning Yachts
Wealthy people buy yachts for their personal use, but some see them as unnecessary extravagances.
11. “I own a private yacht, private jet, and a private lion.” — Demis Roussos
12. “At Christmas, you can get real bargains. I saw one item marked down ten dollars. It was a yacht.” — Milton Berle
13. “Money can’t buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it.” — David Lee Roth
14. “I’d rather go down the river on a cabbage leaf than embark on a gorgeous yacht if I had to go alone.” — William F. Buckley Jr.
15. “For all I know, the president of Make a Wish just used all the money to buy himself a mansion and a yacht.” — Zach Braff
16. “I still live in an apartment in Paris with my wife. No, we don’t have a yacht, but we do have a house in Spain; that is my luxury.” — Pierre Dukan
17. “The greatest pleasure when I started making money was not buying cars or yachts but finding myself able to have as many freshly typed drafts as possible.” — Gore Vidal
18. “I’ve bought everything I want. I don’t like yachts or anything; you know, I’m not a yacht person, and I’ve got pretty much the nicest plane I’d want to have.” — Elon Musk
19. “After the success of ‘August,’ there were people saying I should change my life. And maybe I should have bought a yacht and traveled the world instead of returning to Steppenwolf to act in and write plays. But I’m from the Midwest, and that’s what we do: We go back to work.” — Tracy Letts
20. “We are living at a time where a handful of people have wealth beyond comprehension – huge yachts, jet planes, tens of billions of dollars, more money than they could spend in a thousand lifetimes. But at the same time, millions of people are struggling to feed their families or put a roof over their heads or find the money to go to a doctor.” — Bernie Sanders
Quotes About Being on a Yacht
These yacht quotes highlight the experience of yachting, good and bad.
21. “I am going to become a sailor and do a world tour on my yacht if I don’t get any more work.” — Audrey Tautou
22. “As soon as you set foot on a yacht, you belong to some man, not to yourself, and you die of boredom.” — Coco Chanel
23 “I haven’t got the yacht anymore. The cost of running it was crazy. But it was so much fun while I had it.” — Jenson Button
24. “You don’t even have to see the common man anymore if you don’t want to! Only through the telescope on your yacht.” — Chad Harbach
25. “For many years, I enjoyed the pleasure of cruising on my yacht all summer long, and these were my best holidays.” — Ivana Trump
26. “It’s the first-generation wives that have the huge rings, and the second-generation says, ‘Everyone be quiet as we get on our yacht or our private plane.’” — Joan Rivers
27. “Take everybody out on your yacht until they’re green in the face. Then you can rave for weeks about your sauce marinara, and no one will gainsay you.” — P. J. O’Rourke
28. “My BBF would get to go jet-setting with me to amazing parties too, like the ones on P Diddy’s yacht. Apart from me, he throws the best parties they’re so A-list.” — Paris Hilton
29. “The cabin of a small yacht is truly a wonderful thing; not only will it shelter you from a tempest, but from the other troubles in life, it is a safe retreat.” — Lewis Francis Herreshoff
30. “When you were still playing button back in Ohio, I entertained on a cruising trip that was so much fun that I had to sink my yacht to make my guests go home.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
Yacht Quotes That Will Make You Laugh
These funny yach quotes will put a smile on your face!
31. “I always say that a girl never really looks as well as she does on board a steamship or even a yacht.” — Anita Loos
32. “People say life is a cesspool of darkness and despair. Well, we of Van Halen are sailing through it in a yacht!” — David Lee Roth
33. “Do you know what Margaret Thatcher did in her first Budget? Introduced VAT on yachts! It somewhat ruined my retirement.” — Edward Heath
34. “All projects are different, but you have to treat each one of them with care. Sometimes you get to build a luxury yacht; other times, it’ll be a rowboat. You still have to make sure the thing doesn’t spring a leak.” — Stefan G. Bucher
35. “Greek shipowners like to boast, ‘I bought ships at the bottom of the market, and now they’re worth ten times as much.’ It goes back to the days of Onassis and Niarchos competing with each other over who had the biggest fleet, the biggest yacht, and the most famous girlfriend.” — Stelios Haji-Ioannou
Yachts Don’t Buy Happiness Quotes
These quotes from famous people prove that a yacht (or the money to buy it) won’t give you ultimate happiness.
36. “As long as I can buy records and books and maybe some clothes, I’m pretty stoked. I don’t need a yacht or anything.” — Conor Oberst
37. “I don’t have to take a trip around the world or be on a yacht in the Mediterranean to have happiness. I can find it in the little things, like looking out into my backyard and seeing deer in the fields.” — Queen Latifah
38. “Another car is not going to help me out; a nicer car, I’ve already got it. A bigger house ain’t gonna do anything for me, and you know, a yacht, it’s not going to do anything for me anymore. So how can I find happiness?” — Vanilla Ice
39. “Ridiculous yachts and private planes and big limousines won’t make people enjoy life more, and it sends terrible messages to the people who work for them. It would be so much better if that money were spent in Africa – and it’s about getting a balance.” — Richard Branson
40. “The problem with the alphabet is that it bears no relation to anything at all, and when words are arranged alphabetically, they are uselessly separated. In the OED, for example, aardvarks are 19 volumes away from the zoo, yachts are 18 volumes from the beach, and wine is 17 volumes from the nearest corkscrew.” — Mark Forsyth
More Yacht Quotes
Here are a few more quotes referencing yachts for your enjoyment.
41. “I don’t really like being on yachts or sailboats or cruise ships. I don’t like anything that’s large and not human-powered.” — Misha Collins
42. “My first job was in sixth grade, sweeping the clay tennis courts at the yacht club near my house, which I was not a member of. Always had to pay my own rent.” — Chloe Sevigny
43. “Put your mouthful of words away and come with me to watch the lilies open in such a field, growing there like yachts, slowly steering their petals without nurses or clocks.” — Anne Sexton
43. “I never had a high-paying job or a company car. It took me over a decade to pay off my student loans. I never had to worry about where to dock my yacht to reduce my taxes.” — Christine O’Donnell
44. “Hearing politicians tell us we can’t afford a tax cut is like listening to a glutton tell you he can’t afford a diet. In no other context do people talk about paying for money they don’t have. I can’t pay for your refusal to give me money because I need a yacht.” — Ann Coulter
45. “I am not a yachting person, by nature, but I have just enough experience on the sea under sail to feel a certain nostalgia for it when I see a big white racing yacht heeled over at cruising speed on the ocean and I can still tie a mean bowline knot on just about anything in less than 10 seconds.” — Hunter S. Thompson
Which One of these Yacht Quotes is your Favorite?
The nobles and affluent people have been using luxury yachts to seek pleasure and adventure for centuries.
These amazing and beautiful vessels allow individuals to experience the fun elements of the sea.
Once you have found your favorite yacht quote, make sure to share it with us via our comments section!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!