Feel your inner glow ignite with our beauty quotes for women.
Beauty is a subjective topic, and we have some of the best quote selections for all types of beauty.
Check out our beauty quotes for women below to learn more.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
What is beauty?
Beauty is a word with many definitions.
For some, a combination of qualities such as color, form, shape, and energy forms an aesthetic.
For others, beauty is anything pleasing to the senses.
Across the planet, beauty is described differently and can apply to anything from people, objects, natural phenomena, landscapes, or works of art.
Check out these facts about beauty below:
- The first deodorant was invented in 1889.
- Red hair is the thickest hair color by strand.
- The use of cosmetics goes back thousands of years.
How long have humans studied and pursued beauty?
Beauty is an essential element of life on Earth.
Beauty inspires, encourages, and promotes life.
Humans have built great civilizations in the pursuit of beauty.
If we look at ancient Kemet or Egypt, we see how beauty was a driving force in creating one of humanity’s most successful empires.
Akhenaten is one of the most well know pharaohs to rule over Egypt.
He reigned from 1353-1336 B.C.
Akhenaten is considered to be a wise and practical ruler.
When it came to beauty and femininity, he once made the following observation:
“When virtue and modesty enlighten her charms, the luster of a beautiful woman is brighter than the stars of heaven, and the influence of her power it is in vain to resist.”
Akhenaten understood that beauty is a driving force of civilization, and those who possess it are at an advantage.
Does beauty come from the outside or inside?
Beauty is subjective.
What some find beautiful, others may find repulsive.
Beauty does come from the inside and can be reflected in the external world.
Motivational speaker and author Charles Glassman once said, “Create a beautiful inside, and you will look beautiful on the outside.”
To learn more, check out our beauty quotes for women below.
Short beauty quotes for women about sophistication and standards
These quotes are short, sweet, and to the point.
1. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” — Leonardo da Vinci
2. “Better to be strong than pretty and useless.” — Lilith Saintcrow
3. “The world is full of beautiful things, just like you.” — Trudy Vesotsky
4. “Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins.” — Paris Hilton
5. “You are beautiful and perfect and lovely however you are.” — Ariana Grande
6. “One beautiful heart is better than a thousand of beautiful faces.” — Mariane Corbito
7. “I don’t like standard beauty. There is no beauty without strangeness.” — Karl Lagerfeld
8. “There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion.” — Edgar Allan Poe
9. “You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.” — Amy Bloom
10. “Zest is the secret of all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without it.” — Christian Dior
The top beauty quotes for women about knowing where to look
These quotes remind us why the old saying suggests beauty is the eye of the beholder.
11. “Confidence breeds beauty.” — Estee Lauder
12. “Beauty is whatever gives joy.” — Edna St. Vincent Millay
13. “Real beauty is to be true to oneself.” — Laetitia Casta
14. “There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness.” — Maria Mitchell
15. “The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express.” — Francis Bacon
16. “The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.” — Coco Chanel
17. “I think your whole life shows in your face, and you should be proud of that.” — Lauren Bacall
18. “Just because you want to be glamorous, don’t be a sheep about your eye makeup.” — Loretta Young
19. “The difference between pretty and beautiful is pretty is temporal, whereas beautiful is eternal.” — Miss Piggy
20. “If you retain nothing else, always remember the most important Rule of Beauty, which is: ‘Who cares?’” — Tina Fey
You will also enjoy our article on Boudoir quotes.
Famous beauty quotes for women about looking for inner beauty
21. “The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express.” — P.C. Cast, Betrayed
22. “Inner beauty should be the most important part of improving one’s self.” — Priscilla Presley
23. “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. “Beauty is power, and makeup is something that really enhances that; it’s a woman’s secret.” — Charlotte Tilbury
25. “Healthy emotions come in all sizes. Healthy minds come in all sizes. And healthy bodies come in all sizes.” — Cheri K. Erdman
26. “To all the girls that think you’re fat because you’re not a size zero, you’re the beautiful one. It’s society who’s ugly.” — Marilyn Monroe
27. “Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.” — Mae Jemison
28. “True beauty lies deep within. No matter what you look like on the outside, if you know you are beautiful, nothing can change that.” — Amy Davis
29. “Real beauty isn’t about symmetry or weight or makeup: it’s about looking life right in the face and seeing all its magnificence reflected in your own.” — Valerie Monroe
30. “People often say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing you are the beholder.” — Salma Hayek
You are beautiful quotes and sayings for women
Beautiful women inspired these quotes.
31. “You are beautiful just the way you are.” — Billy Joel
32. “Being happy never goes out of style.” — Lily Pulitzer
33. “Outer beauty is inner beauty made visible.” — Paulo Coelho
34. “A real girl isn’t perfect, and a perfect girl isn’t real.” — Harry Styles
35. “Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.” — Kahlil Gibran
36. “A pretty girl is like a melody that haunts you night and day.” — Irving Berlin
37. “Spend less time in the mirror and more time feeling wonderful.” — Frederic Fekkai
38. “Adornment, what a science! Beauty, what a weapon! Modesty, what elegance!” — Coco Chanel
39. “Beauty is only skin deep. I think what’s really important is finding a balance of mind, body, and spirit.” — Jennifer Lopez
40. “You are beautiful because of the light you carry inside you. You are beautiful because you say you are, and you hold yourself that way.” — Mary Lambert
The best beauty quotes for women about looking and feeling good
These quotes remind us that feeling beautiful starts with feeling content.
41. “Beauty is the flower of virtue.” — John Ray
42. “Beauty has a lot to do with character.” — Kevyn Aucoin
43. “A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous.” — Coco Chanel
44. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” — Coco Chanel
45. “Beauty gets the attention, but personality captures the heart.” — Marilyn Monroe
46. “Happiness and confidence are the prettiest things you can wear.” — Taylor Swift
47. “It’s that heart of gold and stardust soul that makes you beautiful.” — R.M.Broderick
48. “Beauty can be bold or natural, but it always has to be in harmony with the individual.” — Danny Sanz
49. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
50. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” — Audrey Hepburn
How do you measure beauty?
Since beauty is subjective, it will always be measured differently.
How do you measure beauty?
Is it something external or internal?
Be sure to let us know in the comments section below.